Chelsea International Hostel Reviews

251 West 20th Street, New York, New York, USA

Good thing: so clean!!! awesome! Bad thing: does not have wifi in bedroom

• 12th Nov 2013

I can't remember his name, but the person on the afternoon / evening shift was lovely! Such a friendly & reassuring guy who helped out when I had a stressful arrival in New York. He made everything so much easier & I'm really grateful to him :)

• 12th Nov 2013

I stayed there 9 nights, i slept great, warm, with a radiator inside, it´s clean, not expensive, the shared bathroom was always clean, and the shower too. I met new people while i was having breakfast, i ate well. If i came back to NY again, i´ll stay there, eyes closed! if you are looking for a very good located place, this is it!

I'll stay there again, when I travel alnoe.

• 9th Nov 2013
  • Taiwan

The public bathrooms were always clean, the location is really good and near by the subway. The old mand that works on sundays is really, really REALLY rude. There are bedrooms ond the 3td floor and no elevator, which is bad for those who are carriyng lots of lugagge,

• 8th Nov 2013

The staff was very helpful. My room was clean. I would link to find a hook on the wall for the towels and the coat. Breakfast was perfectly adequate.

• 6th Nov 2013

We are very satisfied about our stay at Chelsea hostel, and will absolutly come back.Some things that will make it even better is; the option to recycle garbage and please minimise the use of paperplates and platstic cutleries..

• 4th Nov 2013
  • Sweden

Love this hostel! It was my second visit and I would go back in a heartbeat!

The location is good but could be closer to the subway, that can be compensated for the fact that is near from restaurants and stores. Really safe neighborhood.

While it was more than you'd pay for a hostel bed in many cities, it was great value for the location and for a 2-bed dorm. Compared to the price and location of other hostels in New York, I'd definitely stay here again.

Cleanliness disapointed. Staff not so helpful. Only one guy in the recption was friendly. Heating and toiletes were really problematic. Lockers are so small, a single backpack doens´t fit there.

I stayed in a 4-bed shared room.The location is great, close to subway. The room and bathroom looks a bit old. I think they should be renovated. The good part is that the breakfast is included. They provide a bagel, cereal, milk and orange juice. Staffs are very nice and helpful. The wi-fi is available only in public area (not in the room).

• 1st Nov 2013
  • Thailand

Please wash the icky things off the walls.

First night excellent. New arrival on the second night (30/10). Stated they booked as four, rudely asked me to move room. Refused. Extra person stayed in room.

• 29th Oct 2013

Eu sabia que iria compartilhar o banheiro, mas não esperava que fosse tao sujo, ou melhor eles recebem como hospedes um monte de porco, que nem descarga dava. Somente o amor por NY para aguentar este lugar.

I enjoyed my stay and found the hostel clean and safe. I would just like access to internet outside the hours of 7am to 11pm - I was supposed to be making contact with some people back home but because of the time difference I needed to do so after 11pm

I don't normally go for reviews, but after having seen some of the reviews for this place, I felt I had to. The staff were extremely helpful, going above and beyond the call of duty for my friend and I - notable occasions are when our loft in Brooklyn was cancelled, they helped find accommodation, checking every day for us. Other occasions when my friend (female) was rather drunk and we had had an argument, they made sure she was ok for the rest of the night. Incredibly helpful. Thank you.

• 25th Oct 2013

Good option in Manhattan. Rooms are clean and confortable.

Great location. Very clean and tidy. Quiet. A bit overheated. The breakfast room is a bit too small in winter season to accommodate every one but we managed.

• 23rd Oct 2013

I researched for awhile to find the best hostel for my boyfriend and I to stay when he visited me in the city (I live in Long Island). I wanted a private room and bathroom. The room at the hostel was so clean. Clean sheets, clean bathroom, clean floor. The shower had hot water the whole time we were there. It was a great central location near many metro stops and within walking distance of Penn Station. It was a pleasure to stay and I would recommend it to others.

• 23rd Oct 2013