Chelsea International Hostel Reviews

251 West 20th Street, New York, USA

average quality/service/cleanliness excellent position 2 metro stops from Times Square and World trade center The room is very poor

• 8th Nov 2014

They just could improve the internet wireless connection to all place and not just on commun areas.

For the price, I was expecting a little more than just a room with a locker in it. You even have to supply your own padlock. That said, the doors all had decent locks on them and I wasn't worried about anyone getting in. The place was fairly clean, but a bit run down. In desperate need of a lick of paint. Wifi isn't great. Good location. Over all, suited my needs perfectly - just a place to sleep for a couple of nights. If I was staying any longer than 2 nights, I'd look for somewhere else.

• 7th Nov 2014
  • Scotland

There is no shelf in the shower area which would be helpful. The shower walls were dirty and not cleaned during my stay. The towel provided was dirty and never changed during my stay; glad I brought my own. Excellent location, felt safe, and nicely sized room.

• 6th Nov 2014

I really loved the location and the neighborhood. The hostel is fair and exactly what I expected. However, the employees aren't polite and don't like any question or any kind of contact.

• 5th Nov 2014

Did not worth the price but it is clean

I got a little worried before booking after reading some reviews. I am glad I booked it anyway. It's a hostel, it feels like a hostel and it's more than one can wish for. There's rules and they work. Great location, great people. My bed broke and it got changed as soon as I let them know, and it was 10 pm. Free breakfast, pizza night, comedy night...amazing.

The hostel was perfect for me. Simple budget accommodation with all the facilities I need. It was great to be able to afford to have your own room in that area of New York and was very well located. The staff were very helpful and the wifi worked which it often doesn't in other hostels.

Cold shower. Only able to use wifi outside on a tiny porch area. Room is poor no individual charging port or light. Mirrors anywhere except room which means doing makeup in the dark when leaving early.

• 30th Oct 2014

I was a bit hesitant to stay there after reading some reviews here, but I'd definitely stay there again. The location is excellent, the room and the bathroom were clean, and it was not noisy at all. The bed was comfy. The staff were really helpful and kind. The only downside are the lockers because you can't put a big suitcase there.

• 29th Oct 2014
  • Colombia

For 150usd a night even in NYC you would expect more than just a bed in the room.

• 25th Oct 2014

My stay here exceeded all of my expectations! No issues just beyond impressed! Very clean, safe and comfortable hostel for NYC! I will definitely be back!!! Staff was so wonderful and I loved having my own room to store my belongings during my trip. Can't beat the price! With admiration ~ S

• 25th Oct 2014

Noisy and rooms here were very barren and basic. Beds were uncomfortable. Stayed the next night at New York Budget Hostel and Hotel and there were 2 nice blankets, 2 pillows, carpeted floors, nice mattresses, computers to use, etc. It was also less expensive.

Great location. Fair price. Continental breakfast free. Very quiet and clean.

• 23rd Oct 2014
  • Mexico

I spend good time in your hostel. But the internet is not enough .. He should be accessible from all the rooms and it should be of good quality. Thank you.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next » last »