Chelsea International Hostel Reviews

251 West 20th Street, New York, USA

Nice place! It's clean, safe, pretty well located and you also have breakfast included. Very good value for money!

• 24th Feb 2015
  • Argentina

I couldn't turn the heater off so first night I slept with the window wide open, while it was -10 degrees outside, it was still too hot. The other day staff turned it off but it went on by itself. Young guy behind desk is friendly. Breakfast was poor. There are hotels which are little bit more expensive and way better so moneywise it was too expensive. Only wifi in the kitchen , where the atmosphere isn't that good.

The wifi is really annoying. Even in some common areas, it does not work. There are one particular bad mood guy that was at reception some days. All other things were really good... Overall it was a good stay.

The cleanliness was poor and has too much noise.

It's fine. I stayed here overnight because I wanted to sleep before going to the airport early the next day. However, it was kind of loud at night and they didn't really enforce quiet hours like other hostels. The rooms are also very small for the twin dorms (making it kind of awkward when you're sharing with a stranger). That said, the breakfast was good, the staff were friendly, and it is cheap considering it's in Manhattan.

Nice location! What I didn't like was the plastic plated etc used in kitchen.

the good thing from my visited was the location.

Location is very Good.

• 15th Feb 2015
  • South Korea

Please fix the heating system. We slept with our jackets and socks on, luckily we stayed only two nights

• 15th Feb 2015

Location was great. easy access to two subway lines. Great food within walking distance in all directions.

• 12th Feb 2015

Wonderful neighborhood to stay in and such a great staff! I would definitely stay there again!

• 10th Feb 2015

We thought the Hostel-Staff was nice and very helpful. There is Wifi in the kitchen area, not in the rooms. Good breakfast to stay put till lunch. The rooms are pretty small and we had some kind of heating pipe going through our room so the room was always a bit too warm. The shared bathrooms were small but clean. It has a very good location in the city, Metro just 3 blocks away (5 min). I would stay there again =).

• 9th Feb 2015

Booked a twin private for me and a mate, hostel is in a great location and short walk to subway or Times Square. One thing they could work on is extending there wifi to the bedrooms and not just the common areas. As they close at 11pm Besides that everything was clean and the free breakfast was good. Staff were helpful with any inquiries about the city

I had a good experience there. The staff at reception were friendly and helpful. The only problem i had was that i found the 11pm close time for the common area was too late. My room was right outside the common and I struggled with the noise from the other guests. But apart from that, i was happy with my stay.

• 6th Feb 2015