Chelsea International Hostel Reviews

251 West 20th Street, New York, USA

The hostel has small cottages at the back. I stayed in one of these (a four bed dorm room) with strangers. It was nice to have a hostel room with an attached bathroom. However, the water was difficult to keep at a comfortable temperature (too hot!). I appreciated that the hostel had lockers, a stove, and a fridge. I was disappointed that the cooking area closes between 11pm and 7am. Whenever I left for yoga class before 7am, I was not able to get my pre-made breakfast out of the fridge.

• 2nd Mar 2014

I loved this place. I am a simple guy - no frills - and this place was ideal. Great location, simple accommodation, fair price. I'm hooked.

For the money paid and for the location this is a big deal. The staff is also very nice and helpful. Sure, it's not the most modern place on earth, our room was too much heated. The beakfast is ok. The common area is too small for all the people, and the kitchen is not really a kitchen, I haven't seen any knifes or forks, there is really not much kitchenware, so all one can do is use the microwawe or toaster.

The service at the Chelsea International Hostel was Impeccable. The office staff was welcoming and amicable. The facilities were clean, safe and comfortable. The breakfast and cleaning employees were especially polite and helpful. I will rate this hostel overall as an excellent accommodation in Chelsea for students, business entrepreneurs and educators.

• 25th Feb 2014
  • Trinidad And Tobago

Rooms, location and ficilities are good enough for the money you have to pay. Breakfast is very basic. Staff was friendly. Don't expect any more than a simple bed and a simple hostel without any artistic decoration. What you see is what you get. But good enough.

• 25th Feb 2014
  • Couple, 41+

All the staff were miserable. The receptionist was confronted by angry police officers about some illegal work done in the Hostal and he played stupid. There was a crazy old stupid lady that wanted to start arguments with me every time I went to the communal room and she went mad when her bottle of wine got stolen from the kitchen. Breakfast felt like being in prison with you giving a ticket to a person then them giving you food on a tray. not enough seating for everyone for breakfast.

There is a guy in reception think is in40s really impolite and rude, I know we didn't pay like hundreds for a night but really don't have to be treated like this

• 24th Feb 2014

Lovely and central place to stay. Wifi is only available in the common areas, so you are unable to use wifi between 11pm and 7am which can be a hassle if you are from another time zone. Staff are really friendly and generally pretty helpful.

Please renovate the complete buildung and especially the furnishing. It's old fashioned and not comfortable!!

• 20th Feb 2014

I liked that breakfast was included, but that was all. The rooms are literally empty, not even hooks to hang up a towel. The kitchen closes at 11pm which sucks and it's way too small for the amount of people that want to eat breaktfast in the morning.

In my first room there were bugs on the floor. However, the staff were accommodating and I changed rooms that night at 3am in the morning. However, the second room I moved into was incredibly hot and even with the window open, I was sweating all night! There is no real atmosphere at all at the hostel. The staff were very friendly, however, the general layout is very sterile and the rooms are a bit like prison cells.

No so much to do in winter besides walk around town. 3 blocks away from subway and close to restaurants and bars. Nice place to stay if you don't mind walking a little for a reasonable price.

I couldn't believe you can get a place to stay in NY for such a good price!

This Hostel is just what you can expect for this money. It is clean and you have a bed to sleep in, there is not much more too it other than that. The common area is not really a nice place to hang out. The kitchen doesn't have any normal knifes etc. so cooking isn't really possible. Breakfast is good though and staff is friendly.

• 9th Feb 2014

The hostel was ok, but the plumps are very loud in the nights, wakes up.

• 8th Feb 2014

This place could be so much better with different staff or management.

• 7th Feb 2014
  • Denmark

Everything was really good. The hostel is placed two blocks from the subway line E in a nice neighborhood. The rooms are comfortable, they provide you of linen and towels. Free wifi in the common areas. Definitely would come back!

3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next » last »