Chelsea International Hostel Reviews

251 West 20th Street, New York, USA

Great locations, room was clean. Had issues closing the door properly, only one toilet and bathroom for over 12 people. Good wifi and breakfast- unfortunately wifi only in common area which closes at 10pm.

Staff was really rude. Otherwise generally okay.

• 15th Sep 2015
  • South Korea

The only thing thats good is the location but afterall my money didnt seemed wellspend. No cleaning att all. All the employes was just unpleasant and lazy. It felt like you bothered them everytime you wanted to ask them something. Dont go here! I will never recomend this place to anyone

• 13th Sep 2015
  • Somalia

They should put soap on the sinks of the bedrooms. Luckily bevause I travel so much I had a bar of soap to leave there. Also, they should put a shower caddies in some of those showers & a bath mat.

The staff was very rude . But for some nights this place is OK.

• 12th Sep 2015
  • Hungary

Fantastic location but poor social environment it that's what you are looking for - no one really talks to each other and everyone is basically playing around on their phones and computers - also internet only available in the common area Hostel is very safe and also quite clean

Pretty average-poor hostel. The place is old and neglected. No wifi in the rooms, only in common areas. For the price they are charging I expected something better, but I guess it's just because NY is a very expensive city overall. Even though I had a much better experience at another hostel in NY for pretty much the same price.

need wifi in all the rooms. unacceptable that rooms that do not have wifi are cut off from the common area after 11 pm.

Location is excellent - subway station is 5mins of walking, hostel itself is really close to many attractions if you don't mind walking. Staff was ok, some of them were really nice, some of them was just doing their job so-so. Room was ok, nothing special, but was enough for what you needed. They should have wifi available not only in the common areas, but anyways I was satisfied with the service. It's really nice that they offer breakfast.

• 10th Sep 2015
  • Hungary

The staff wasnt pleasnt, they were quite helpfull, and that i have to pay for my luggage if I already booked a room, and i arrived earlyer then check in, its not acceptable, atleast they could store my suitcase untill i come back for check in.

• 10th Sep 2015
  • Hungary

Positive: facilities and rooms were very clean, hostel is very well organized. You'll get a breakfast (don't expect too much!) and on Wednesday there is free Pizza Negative: The Owner (mid aged man at the reception) was quite rude, common rooms are opened until 11pm, Most people faces in the common rooms were hidden by their laptops/smartphones -> atmosphere was very poor, everybody seemed to be doing their own thing conclusion: if you are in a group this is good hostel to stay, others don't

Everything was really good besides doors on mu room. They were broken and I had so much problems with locking and unlocking my doors.

I found the service was very disappointing they were not friendly or helpful at all and we tried to book an airport shuttle for the following day and were told to come back after 4pm witch was inconvenience to our plans, then the shuttle that we eventually booked was half an hour late and took two hours overall terrible customer service

Very basic rooms, but there again this hostel is significantly cheaper than other similarly well located options and it's spotlessly clean. If you stay here during summer, bring the best earplugs you can buy as the air con is unbelievably noisy.

Location - GREAT! Close to the subway, shops, places to eat. Breakfast is a very nice addition, although it's almost the same everyday. Wi-fi works fine, staff was helpful. BUT I can't imagine myself staying here during winter. Inner common area is just cramped and sad. Breakfast during rainy morning was really bad. A cockroach jumped on me. Cleanness needs improvement. No hangers, you have no place to put your towel in bathroom. Noisy room. Atmosphere is poor. Untight window. OK for short stay.

• 4th Sep 2015
  • Poland

Just a good hostel. nothing fancy but def nothing bad to say about it. good location and helpful staff

This hostel was great, it was in a central location in Manhattan and it was great value for money. The room was very clean and the bathroom also. The outside courtyard was excellent and great for having your breakfast outside. I had a wonderful stay and would stay again on my next trip to New York.

The staff were very helpful and friendly; a comfortable stay. Would be good to have had more events promoted by the staff though - pob crawls, night clubs, tours, restaurant recommendations etc.

The Hostel exceeded my expectations. The location is just perfect, the zone was actually very nice. The room I stayed was small but for the price it was worth it. I would definitely come back.

• 2nd Sep 2015
  • Mexico

My stay at Chelsea Hostel was great, nice staff and people. I stayed in a room for two people, it was small but you won't stay in your room for long so it is perfect. I placed my luggage under the bed and you have a locker for valuables just remember to bring a lock, I bought mine on a pharmacy 3 blocks away. Kudos for Pizza Wednesday. Would stay again.

• 1st Sep 2015