Chelsea Star Hotel Reviews

300 West 30th st, New York, USA

Bedroom door almost hit the bed when opened. I had to sit at the foot of the bed so my husband could walk in, he had to squeeze against the wall to close the door. Our duvet cover was two sheets sewed together with buttons on the end, with no blanket inside. Only 1 bathroom for the entire floor with one roll of TP per bathroom. Had to ask for a roll every other time we went. No way to dry your hands. Kids running up and down stairs blowing horns. It was 2am NYE, but staff should have stopped it!

The Hotel is well located and you can walk only between 20 and 30mins to Times Square. Main attractions close. As it is a HOTEL there is slightly a lack of SOCIAL interaction, but that is no big of a deal. Room was clean and the shared bathroom OK for the time I was there. I would recommend for people willing to expend some money for privacy.

Very comfortable rooms with a particular modern style!

Too much noise!! All the light from corridor goes inside the room underneath the door. Besides the staff is not fast enough doing any work.

Staff were helpful with directions but useless when it came to make our stay comfortable. We were put in a room that was roadside and noisy - no help at all to make it quieter or even offer a different room. Unhelpful when checking in, seemed to not care. Would not stay here again. Also using hostel world they take out 100 holding deposit which I was told would go back into my account the day we left. I still haven't received it almost 2 weeks later.

• 5th Oct 2014

Clean and newly renovated place. Will greatly appreciate complimentary coffee and tea set with a kettle in the room. Also, please furnish the rooms with mirror. Consider better sound insulation near the air-condition area to minimize the noise from the road. It's too loud and difficult to sleep at night (room 404). The air-conditioning unit needs maintenance as it is making loud noise too. Other than that, it's a great stay. Hope you guys continue the great services in the future!

• 20th Sep 2014