Chengdu Flipflop Backpacker Lounge Hostel Reviews

No.96, Dongsheng Street, Chengdu, China

I need they must to be carefull about kitchen. I found 3 hairs in a chicken rice plate and when I decided to try for second time because I was tired to go out and looking for a restaurant, O order fried dumplings and they brought a boiled and after fried dumpling plate. Everything else was pretty good: cleanliness of room and bathroom, comum area, staffs and turistic information.

I first stayed at this hostel in 2013, and thought that it would be a good place to organise a tour to Tibet. Sherry and Sally were very patient in helping us organise our trip. The hostel itself is very clean (including bathrooms and rooms), is in a great location in beautiful Chengdu and has a great atmosphere and nice food. I would definitely recommend this place as a base to stay in Chengdu as well as organise the rest of your travel in Western China.

I would recommend a stay here! Located close to the main shopping area, as well as some smaller streets with good food, fruit and vegetable markets, and other shopping, a great location for walking. It is right next to a park where local residents lounge, socialize, and play ping pong - join in! Many tours offered as well, or they can help you with your DIY plans. Staff were friendly, helpful and easy to talk to. Bad / strong cleaner? smell from bathroom - not as bad with the door closed.

Really helpful staff, helped us book our panda trip (they are so so cute) and the opera (and they gave us 10 discount each for booking 2 trips) they have laundry and hairdryers which was great and they gave us sweets when we left! I would deffo recommend!

Thank you very much for your great support.It was great to know that you had a good time here.See you next time!

We, family with 3 children, stay for 4 nights in this hostel and like it very much. The staff is very kind and helpfull. Clean rooms.

We really enjoyed our stay the food in particular was excellent and very cheap. Our only criticism would be that the rooms were cramped, but they were clean and the staff were very friendly.

Thank you very much for your review and suggestion! Have a nice trip!

Great location. It takes only 5 minutes to walk to Chunxi street and metro station. Love the atmosphere, very homey. They have a great rooftop where you can hang out. You can even check your bags in there for free. A local market just right next to it where you can feel like a local buying fruits and vegetables. I wish I could stay longer. Absolutely recommend it!!

Thank you very very much for your great support and recommendation.See you next time!

The only thing I don't like is that it seems to be hard for taxis to find this hostel. I have tried saying both street names, the name of the park next to the hostel, and even showing them the address in Chinese, and still they always just drive very close and then I have to try and direct them. Other than that, everything was fantastic. I enjoyed making dumplings with the staff!

• 4th Aug 2015

Thank you very much for your suggestion.Actually you may find many taxi drivers who are not local people.What's why it is a little difficult for them to find us.Please feel free to contact us directly if you can not find us.Have a nice trip!

Nice chilled out hostel in a great location. Easy to relax and have some drinks while meeting other travelers. Located close to tons of restaurants and right over a fresh market with great fruit and vegetables, if you have any healthy cravings :) I also did the cooking class here, which was a fun experience cooking two local dishes. Less than you would cook at another class but also a third of the price, so a good value.

The DIY free dumpling making activity was great, nice to make some Chinese cuisine yourself, and a good way to meet people. The overall atmosphere was also very good. The staff was willing to help when we had some questions. OVerall it was one of the best hostels we stayed in during our six weeks traveling in China.

Great rooms - we stayed in both the dorms and a private while we were there. Showers and toilets are clean. Staff are friendly and helpful, lots of great shared space and a good menu of Chinese and western food. Loved it!

Fantastic staff! Both the front desk and the cleaning staff were really friendly and helpful. I guess the presence of the cleaning staff also helped ensure the constant cleanliness of the place. Will definitely recommend to fellow travelers!

Thank you very much for your great support.It was great to know that you had a good time here.Have a nice trip!

Was too complicated, to organize a trip to Tibet. As more I asked for details, more expensive it was.

• 20th Jul 2015

Great hostel, very friendly helpful staff, large common area, frequent tours and tasty decent priced food. Would definitely recommend.

Thank you very much for your great support.It was great to have you stay with us.We hope you will come back.See you next time.

• 17th Jul 2015

Freindly, helpful staff, clean hostel and good location. Very much enjoyed my stay.

This is the best hostel I've seen in Chengdu! Clean, safe rooms, great location, great staff -- I'll definitely be back!

Definietly one of the best hostels I've ever been to! The staff we're so helpful, friendly and kind! Thank you Flip Flop for a wonderful stay in Chengdu!

Really fantastic location but be wary that some cab drivers might have difficulty finding it. Front desk speak average English, quite helpful with locations of landmarks. The drainage in the room wasn't as good and it looks like it has stained the edge of the room/the door, but otherwise facilities were fine. Locks provided! Altogether a great stay in Chengdu.

I loved FlipFlop hostel! I am in my forties and a female solo traveler. Flipflop was a great place to hangout, meet fellow travelers, and the staff were very helpful and sweet. I went on the half day panda tour, which was a good value for the money. I also got great advice for my trip to EmeiShan and LeShan. I'd come back and stay here anyday!

Thank you very much for your great support! It was great to know you had a good time here.See you next time!

« first « Prev 1 2 3