Chengdu Flipflop Backpacker Lounge Hostel Reviews

No.96, Dongsheng Street, Chengdu, China

I had a great time at the hostel, the staff were very friendly, the decor was nice and current. if i had any improvements I would suggest that sometimes the staff looked a bit lost when talking to me, and could have been a little more polite when asking me to wait as it was a busy check in time. Also, a scheduled movie night or more group orientated atmosphere would have been good. I was a solo traveller so wanted to meet people.

I enjoyed my stay very much, you meet great people, wifi is fine, good working atmosphere for the people who travel for a long time because the lobby is perfect. Only thing is the cleanliness, the bathroom and floor of the room were shameful, in the future please wipe the floors and desinfect the house shoes as well!

We stayed in a four-person family room and it was an excellent value for the money. The atmosphere in the hostel was really fun. The real standout in the hostel was Sally at the front desk, who was incredibly helpful in arranging drivers for us. She even helped us find an alternative hotel by phone in another town, when we were stuck in Kangding with nowhere to stay after our first night and couldn't speak the language.

• 14th Apr 2015
  • All Female Group, 41+

Great hostel, really nice and helpful staff!! Stayed there two times. The first room was a little bit smelly, but apart from that really nice and clean. The second room didn't have so good mattresses. But no other complaints, it's really great there, breakfast is tasty, and the location is really great. Free drinking water, free maps. We definitely recommend staying there!

We liked flipflop because of it's easy to reach location via the airport bus and underground. It had tours that were excellent value, especially the pandas. I have to mention a bit more about the panda tour. We were the first group to see the pandas that day. Pretty much had the place to ourselves. Its the best and only way to see them. The lounge area had a relaxed feel, social but not party crazy or seedy. The water was hot, beds were hard, rooms were clean, rooms had heaters, staff awesome.

Hostel was hard to find, and the staff was unable to provide directions when I was lost in the city, very close to the hostel. They were very kind though, and really did try! The tours booked through the hostel were extremely expensive, but provided great transportation and worked with their sister hostels. The security in the hostel itself was not great, and the bathroom and sink drain was constantly leaking. However, the heated blanket in the bed was very nice for the cold rainy nights!

• 27th Mar 2015

Absolutely brilliant hostel all round. Only slight negative would be that I was originally given a room which had a funny smell but when I mentioned it to the staff they immediately swapped it for me!

The hostel was fine, and good value, but the mattresses were incredibly hard, even by Chinese standards, and the rooms were quite noisy.

• 24th Mar 2015

Sewer problems caused very bad smell in the room. No good internet. Nice roof top terrace and good atmosphere in common room (with many cosy places to sit, pool table, football table and good music) Offer lot of tours

We had a very good visit and would return. We thought the food selection for breakfast was very good and reasonable and the staff was very helpful. Also, we were able to switch beds but the first one was so hard that we were unable to sleep the first night. There was a bad small in the bathroom from the sewer lines. We understood that there would be a shower that made the bathroom wet each time but it would be nice if there was a way to shower without making the room soaking wet.

• 21st Mar 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Thank you very much for your great support! Very sorry about the problem with bathroom. We have already fixed the problem with bathroom. Hope you will stay with us again.Have a nice trip!

Friendly stuff, very cozy bar area! Went to the lantern festival activities with hostel, a big big plus! Only drawback is the bathroom in double bed pravite smells a little after a shower! Food needed a little more work, but the a-yi who works in kitchen are sweet! Over all a very nice hostel! Would recommend everyone else to give a try!

Thanks a lot for your great support.Thank you for your great suggestion! Have a nice trip!

Very helpful staff, great location. Highly recommended and will go there again

Thank you very much.Have a nice trip!

this hostel is pretty luxurios, the rooms are big and clean (we had a double bed room), the facilities are modern and nice, there´s a water boiler, cups, and towels, and an electric blanket in the bed (i loved it.) the staff is friendly and very good english speaking, and there were also a lot of chinese guys as guests (which I also liked, it's nice to get in touch while being in china). the decoration and especially the paintings in the lounge were pretty nice, and there's a roof terrace! :)

Thank you very much for your support for every aspect of our hostel.See you next time!

I stayed for almost 2 weeks in the hostel and would definitely recommend it. The rooms are clean and the staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The hostel is close to a metro station and there is some nice food stuff around.

• 21st Feb 2015

Thank you so much for you support.Have a nice trip!

so far one of the best hostels in China I stayed in! staff really cares about your travelling plans and assists you with useful information and help. I really appreciated that :) it's a chilled hostel in a good location. The rooms are perfectly equipped for trevellers. Facilities in clude a nice rooftop terrace and fast WIFI even in the rooms. The food is tasty and the prices are decent. Next time in chengdu I will definitely stay in FlipFlop again!!

• 21st Feb 2015
  • Austria

Thank you very much for your great support.It was great to know you enjoyed your stay at our hostel.We hope we have the opportunity to have you stay with us again!

Great place. Naturally friendly staff who know what there doing. Pool table cheap beer and food, comfy relaxing social area. Nice room and the dorms look good too. Would stay again.

Thank you very much for your great support.Hope to see you again!

One of the best Hostels I've stayed in my Asia trip! Great atmosphere, really cool lobby/common room with cozy seating, pool table, computers and bar. The guys at front desk are really friendly and helpfully, especially Nancy and sherry! Always smiling. Great location, the rooms and clean with lockers. Would recommend to anyone staying in Chengdu.

Thanks a lot! Thank you very much for your great support and recommendation!

We had a nice time during our short stay. It´s clean, great value for money, great environment. Really friendly and helpful stuff. The last day we were about to miss our flight and one of the guys of the staff (sorry I don't remember his name) went out of his way to order a taxi for us really quick. Thanks to that we got to our flight. Thanks! Music too loud in the afternoon, impossible to relax in the common area. It takes between half an hour and 1 hour to get your food after you order.

Thank you very much for your support and suggestion.Have a nice trip!

We lived this hostel so much! The staff are amazing, very nice and helpful about all the things that has to do. Their map is the best we've seen so far, with buses and metro lines, resturants and banks :) The location is also perfect- buses just neer the hostrl street and a metro station two minutes walk.. Wifi and laundry are also very good and simple to use.. We reccomend this hostel very much!

Thanks a lot for your great support.Happy new year!

I would highly recommend the half-day Panda Research Base tour they offer. You leave very early (0710h) and get to see the pandas at their most active (at feeding time - go figure!) and when the park is virtually empty. Their guide doesn't speak English, but he knows exactly where to go to see all the highlights - we wouldn't have seen nearly as much without him.

Thank you very much for your great support and your recommendation.Hope to see you again! Enjoy your trip!

« first « Prev 1 2 3