Chengdu Flipflop Backpacker Lounge Hostel Reviews

No.98, Dongsheng Street, Chengdu, China

For Chinese YHA, pls concern about this: I am a female traveler, kind of reluctant to stay in mix dorm with males. Just to tell you guys that if we have choice to stay in Girl-Dorm only even it's more expensive(a bit), I spend for it.

Great hostel. Has all you need.

Hostel overall was great. My only main issue was that the bathroom smelt a little like a sewer, the extractor fan in the bathroom helped to remove the smell a little. Also, the window wouldn't shut properly which meant we had to put up with a cat crying constantly all night outside. Other than that, great atmosphere and great staff! Thanks again!

A great place to stay in Chengdu. My only criticism: please can you make it easier for women to dry their hair after a shower - floor wet, mirror steamed up, no hairdryer :-/

Good Wifi, good food, very comfy beds with curtains. A short walk to some local food places in one direction, or the other direction for shopping and street food. Staff was helpful. The panda tour was a nice morning, seeing cute bears that should have died off as a species, but are being preserved for cute tourism.

Clean. Cheap. Friendly. What else do you want from a hostel?

This was a great hostel. It was only 5 minutes walk from the main shopping district. The staff were very helpful. They allowed us to use their phone free of charge and were able to write down an address for us because we couldn't read or write in Chinese. The hostel was clean and secure. It also had a nice atmosphere. The only draw back is that there is no dryer for your washing so we had to pay 27RMB/kg for our clothes to be washed and dried. We spent 90RMB for an average load of 3.3 kg.

I was very happy with the hostel and my stay. The staff was accomodating and the facilities were what I needed. The town walk organised by the hostel staff was a great way to explore the city and taste the local cusine. I also took a cookery lesson, which has been an eye opener to how they cook in this part of China. I didn't manage to see everything that I was hoping to (Panda Centre and Leshan Buddha) as the 1 Day Tour takes place on Saturday, & Leshan Buddha by bus takes the whole day.

We had a delightful stay at Hostel Flipflop. The staff attended to our every need, and nothing was any trouble at all. We sincerely recommend this amazing little hostel. Thank you!! Francine Rizza, travel writer, Australia

Just thought they were brilliant, lively, chilled, great common area to chat to fellow travellers. Staff were so so friendly, we didn't both to check out until gone 3 in the afternoon and there was no rush for the room so the staff were perfectly happy for us to lounge around. Only slight complaint would be extra little costs - for example having to pay for things like jam and ketchup (not a lot, but still) and body wash isn't provided. Otherwise this place is brilliant.

• 11th Mar 2014

This hostel offers great facilities: spacious and comfortable dorms,great wifi and only 5 min walk to the metro!It is really good value for money.Also the staff are friendly and helpful,I really enjoy my stay here!!!

I've stayed at this hostel before and had nice experiences, but this time was a little different. We came in late and we were very tired, and the staff rushed through our check-in without activating our room cards so we had to come back down. In the morning we wanted to leave quickly because we were tired and my friend was sick, but they staff woman kept trying to talk to us and tell us to do a survey, even though we'd told her we wanted to leave. But every other time here was really good.

This is a great hostel! My daughter and I enjoyed the staff and found them very helpful and always ready to go beyond the call of duty, found our twin bedroom clean and comfortable, the food good, and the common area (bar, eating area, pool table and lounge) very nice. Loved the heating pads on the beds, hot pot party, and organized tours to Panda Reserve and Sichuan Opera. I recommend it highly and would return to it in a heartbeat.

Very happy to have stayed at Flipflip Hostel. - Advantages to staying there: facilities, in-house restaurant gave lots of choices of food at any hour; staff, especially maids and Sherry who provides tour information were awesome; and finally the location was conveniently located next to the pedestrian area in downtown Chengdu. Honestly, the only complaint was that I had to go out and get my girlfriend a hairdryer which ended up being broken. Other than that we'd stay here again.

Awesome place, such great, friendly staff. Great atmosphere and also super safe. Amazing location. This is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at including those in Europe. Chengdu is great, nice and chilled out and so is this hostel. Highly recommend the panda tour too. Major win on all fronts, couldn't recommend more!

Amazing hostel, first class at good price. It's fun and quiet. The staff is pretty helpful, girls are lovely. I didn't want to leave the common area. Just great!

one of the best hostels I ever stayed in...it s got everything you need... really

Really glad to know that you enjoyed staying at our hostel,we hope to see you again!

I had been in a lot of hostels around the world. And Flip Flop is the best!! the staff , Richard, Gaga, Sherry and Amelie are amazing! I recommend this hostel!

Thank you for your great review! We hope to have you stay with us again! Wish you a nice journey!

Great hostel. Fun atmosphere, great ensuite rooms with comfortable bed and nice decor, good food and drinks served, many available tour offerings, and very friendly and helpful staff, all of whom speak great English. Nice place to meet people and good location, close to subway. Would definitely stay here again!

Thank you for your great review.It was such a great time to have you staying with us.Hope to see you again next year!

This place is great. Very lively with lots of people to chat to. Our room was fantastic and we had a lot of help from the staff when needing to sort out transport and tours etc. We went on the panda day trip. Our driver/guide was awful. He showed us around the park but gave us all the impression he really didn't want to be there. He walked round with us with his head down low playing on his ipad/tablet. It almost put us off the tour ..but then we saw the pandas which made it all worth it.

Really appreciate for your great support! We are very sorry for the unpleasant expression on our driver during the tour.We will find out the problem and improve our service accordingly.Hope to have you or your friends staying with us again!

« first « Prev 1 2 3