Chengdu Flipflop Backpacker Lounge Hostel Reviews

No.98, Dongsheng Street, Chengdu, China

Good range of services included loaning public transport passes, arranging tours, etc. Excellent location next to shopping and transport lines. 24hr reception is actually 24hrs, staff are knowledgeable, fast Wifi even in rooms. Large rooms and toilets, clean sheets and comfortable beds. Room doors a bit thin so noise from corridors can be a bit irritating. Lots of food nearby ranging from cafes and eateries frequented by locals to mall fare just around the corner.

Love this place. Great common area. Rooms are clean but shared bathrooms make for a wet floor all the time. Amazing prices, service, helpful advice, friendly staff, rooftop terrace, hairdryer area outside rooms for quiet, curtains on beds for privacy, yummy food. Right down the road from underground transit, two minute walk to bus stops, next to nice park/fruit market, and five minute walk to major shopping center. Maps provided and a free beer coupon when checking in. Good wifi throughout. Love

房间内Wi-Fi信号太弱,卫生间抽水声大,其他都好

• 17th Jul 2014
  • China

Flip flop was awesome. Great people, atmosphere. Bathrooms aren't great. Food is okay but it's great for backpackers. Loved my stay.

• 16th Jul 2014

Good place to relax in Kunming. Communal area is good and the staff seem attentive.

It's perfect.I love it.

• 14th Jul 2014
  • China

Awesome, inviting common area

Flipflop is in a great location. Their local food is some of the cheapest I've seen at a hostel, and it's delicious. Showers are in rooms so there are none to use until check in. Staff is nice but I got incorrect information when trying to do things myself (or else there was a miscommunication). Had no insight when I got the run around from train and bus stations for my trip to Guilin. Electricity only works with a room key so no leaving things to charge. Asked for a good review which I dislike.

Very sorry about the problem while you stayed in our hostel.We will check and find out the problem. We really care about the feelings of all guests. Please do not hesitate to ask us again to confirm everything that you want to know.And It is also our great pleasure to help you.Have a nice trip!

Had a great time. Staff would really helpful. Would recommend staying here if you visit Chengdu.

Thank you very much for your great review.Have a nice trip!

The only problem was the plumbing but it wasn't a fault that the staff/hostel could help

• 12th Jul 2014

I loved our stay and I wish we didn't have to leave!

Thank you very much for your great support.Hope to have you stay with us again! See you!

After eating food in hostel we got food poisoning and 2nd day in Chengdu was awful, still food tasted good, so, plz, check if everything is fine regarding cooking at your hostel. I liked helpful staff, maps you gave, but this incident made my mark of your hostel lower than expected.

Very very sorry about the problems during your staying at our hostel.We will check everything and find out the problem.We ensure you will not meet this kind of problem again.Hope you will enjoy your trip!

The staff is very nice and helpful and were nice enough to store my luggage for the night I spent at mt. Emei. The dorm room was however bit too dark and the AC did not really cool the room at all and had a very sweaty night sleep

Thank you very much.Very sorry about the problem with AC.We will try to deal with the problem as soon as possible.Hope to have you stay with us again next time.

Close to metro Chunxilu station. Have one bottle of free beer when u C/I

Thank you for your great review.See you next time.Enjoy your trip!

Very well located in Chengdu. Staff provides really good pieces of advice.

Thank you very much for your great support.Hope to see you again!

Nothing but good things to say about this place. Dorm rooms are clean and so is the ensuite bathroom. Good modern and comfy common area . Wifi is strong. Staff is really nice, even remembered me from last year when I stayed at their sister hostel (Mix hostel), and they offer lots of helpful info. Short walk to Xinanmen bus station. Really great place.

Thank you very much! All of our staff will remember you if you come to our hostel again! Have a nice trip!

Great Hostel. Location is good, close to the river, subway station, bus station and right next to a fruit market. Staff is great, good english and very helpful. Atmosphere is excellent, sometimes you feel to just sit down in the common room and relax, where you can meet a lot of people. It is very clean, they clean each bathroom very often and they can clean it again if you feel it is needed. Facilities are good, nice rooms with curtains in the beds for privacy. Great value for the money.

Hostel atmosphere! This is a big hostel and I don't think they have any idea of who is staying in the lobby at any time. People everywhere. Try the dorms, people are really nice, a bed is cheap and you'll have more fun than staying in a private room. They have tours to go anywhere, staff are really helpful and professional - and you get a free beer voucher when checking in. The let us watch the 2014 world cup on a projector screen at 4am even if they had closed it down earlier. Good place!!!

Thank you very much for your great great support. it definitely motivate us to do it better and better.Hope you will come to our hostel.enjoy your trip!

Really helpful and friendly staff. Cool hangout areas. Really solid hostel.

• 4th Jul 2014

Thank you very much for your support.Have a nice trip!

Had a really good time at Flipflop and the staff is always very helpfull. Thanks again for all the help!

• 23rd Jun 2014

Thank you very much for your great support.It was great to know you had a good time at our hostel.Hope to see you again!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4