Chengdu Flipflop Backpacker Lounge Hostel Reviews

No.98, Dongsheng Street, Chengdu, China

VISIT CHENDU, THINK FLiPFLoP. Its a guaranteed Winner of a hostel- Why? Cheap, clean, bike hire, pool, and ROOF TERRACE splendour. Great food near by- left outa hostel then 1st right! Staff have brilliant English! Book a night and see!

• 13th Oct 2014

Great hostel. Very helpful staff, wrote down in Chinese what we wanted at the train station. Excellent cheap and tasty food available. Good panda trip too. The guide new exactly where they would all be! Very enjoyable.

Thank you very much for your support.Have a nice trip!

Great location, walking distance to subway and bus station and around 25mins with luggage from airport shuttle. Staff speak excellent English and are extremely helpful, which is hard to find in some hostels in China. Free bike tour with Sally on Wednesday's is a fantastic overview of the city, but be prepared for a workout. Rooms are very clean and comfortable, with individual powerpoints and light, and even a curtain to maintain some privacy. Food at the hostel is good value and delicious.

Cool place. Like it!

Thank you very much for your great support! Have a nice trip!

We only stayed one night, but this seemed like a very clean well run hostel. The staff were friendly and knowledgeable. The common living room area was very large and provided good opportunities for conversing with other guests at the hostel. It is also centrally located in Chengdu with good transportation connections to other areas around the city.

Thank you for your support.Have a nice trip!

I had a great stay here! The rooms were clean and well air-conditioned. The common area is a great place to relax or to meet others (loved the little lounge corner!). I would recommend staying here if you're in Chengdu.

It was a great hostel private double room was very nice and spacious and quite stylish the staff are more than helpfull great hostel

• 29th Sep 2014

The staff was exceedingly helpful. I had troubles with a tour and they helped me sort it out and get compensation for the missed activities. They are all very knowledgeable about what Chengdu has to offer and I never felt like I was troubling them even though I had a million questions. They also offer great free activities like dumpling making, bike and walking tours. The common room is very welcoming and a great place to meet people. This was my favourite hostel in China by far!

Thank you very much for your great support. It was great to have you stayed with us.Hope you will have a nice trip! Please feel free to contact us if you need any help.See you next time.

Good speaking english Staff! Lot of tours they offer. Very helpfull! Large rooms. Great bananapancakes!

• 28th Sep 2014
  • Belgium

We all enjoyed our stay at the Flipflop hostel - everything was spot on except we stayed in the 10 bed dorm which was in need of decorating and was quite dark as it didn't have any windows. This didn't bother us too much though as we spent hardly any time in our room anyways. The communal areas had a great atmosphere and the hostel was spotlessly clean

The location is unbeatable, right in the heart of city center of Chengdu. Close to metro, eateries. The staffs are wonderful and friendly, he bed is crisp and comfortable. They have a big space for the guests to hangout and meet fellow traveler. But my favorite place is the rooftop garden. A wonderful spot to chill out.

Thank you very much for your support!

Great location. Great rooms, great hot water:) Metro 5 min walking. Stuff was ok....didn't speak English very well and didn't have a lot of info Nice commen space

Friendly and helpful staff who all spoke very good english. The food wasn't too bad either and location was pretty convenient being about a 15min walk to the bar street.

Thank you very much for your support!

Great hostel to stay for a few nights. Although, they don't have a public kitchen but offer some food. On friday night you get free hot pot which is pretty cool. Just around the corner from the subway, easy to reach/find. The only thing I didn't like was that the 10 bed dorm was without windows to the outside!

Thank you for your review.There is window in the 10 bed dorm.It is hard to the outside because it is in the corner.But it is indeed very good price.It was great to have you three guys stay with us again.

The computer speed in the lobby is slow. It needs to be improved.

Thank you for the suggestion. Every day we have many people used the computer for downloading. Sometimes it made the computer a little slow.You would better use the free Wifi in the public area. Please feel free to ask our staff for any help.

The bathrooms were inexplicably dark, even wither the lights on the rooms were gloomy and soulless

We are very sorry for your inconvenience. We have changed all lights in the all bathrooms.Hope we will have opportunity to have you stay with us again next time.Have a nice trip in Chengdu.

GOOD: roof garden for washing and hanging clothes. Common area was cozy and large. Not SO GOOD: 1.smelly washroom due to old drainage. 2.No Wifi in room. 3.Old bunk bed was creaking all the time. I hope there could be an info board for guests looking for company. Many backpackers come alone. Common area and rooms are good for ppl meeting new friends then visiting places or dinning together. But it’s not efficient. If guests can post their company request on a board, that'll be helpful.

Thank you very much for your suggestion.We will try our best to deal with the problems as soon as possible.There is info board nearby the gate,and it is very easy to find it when you step into our hostel.You can post your request on the board or ask the information from the desk.Have a nice trip!

Average is good , if the staff can update their tours information is much better , because the next day I stay at rhombus I ask where we can get pocket purse she quickly check and show me the direction and I stay at 4th floor and that is no lift.

• 11th Sep 2014
  • Malaysia

Thank you for your review. We have travel adviser, so you would better ask them directly.The price for the tours are changeable sometimes. Very sorry about that we don't have lift goes up to the 4th floor because we do not want someone to go up the floor randomly.It is for security concern.Thank for very much for your suggestion, we will try our best to do as much as we can to make your staying comfortably.

I ALWAYS STAY HERE WHEN CAME CHENGDU, I FEEl lLIKE HOME, CLEANING STAFF VERY WELCOME, GOOD. SERVE AND VERY CLEANEST. I WILL BACK AGAIN

Thank you very much.Thank you for being nice to all the staff here.It will be great to have you stay with us again.

We stayed for 18 days during our trip through china. The hostel was a perfect retreat in an amazing but crazy city and the staff were excellent, helping us with anything we needed during the stay. The food was good and inexpensive and the rooms were cleaned regularly by the very friendly cleaning staff.There is a perfect chill area in the hostel which came alive on a Friday with half price drinks. There are plenty of facilities available. I would recommend Flipflop to everyone visiting Chengdu.

• 10th Sep 2014
  • Scotland

Thank you very very much for your great support. Thank you for being nice to all staff during your 18 days staying here. All of our staff miss you two.Have a nice trip in Tibet!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6