Chengdu Flipflop Backpacker Lounge Hostel Reviews

No.96, Dongsheng Street, Chengdu, China

Sewer problems caused very bad smell in the room. No good internet. Nice roof top terrace and good atmosphere in common room (with many cosy places to sit, pool table, football table and good music) Offer lot of tours

• 22nd Mar 2015

We had a very good visit and would return. We thought the food selection for breakfast was very good and reasonable and the staff was very helpful. Also, we were able to switch beds but the first one was so hard that we were unable to sleep the first night. There was a bad small in the bathroom from the sewer lines. We understood that there would be a shower that made the bathroom wet each time but it would be nice if there was a way to shower without making the room soaking wet.

• 21st Mar 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Friendly stuff, very cozy bar area! Went to the lantern festival activities with hostel, a big big plus! Only drawback is the bathroom in double bed pravite smells a little after a shower! Food needed a little more work, but the a-yi who works in kitchen are sweet! Over all a very nice hostel! Would recommend everyone else to give a try!

• 4th Mar 2015
  • China

Thanks a lot for your great support.Thank you for your great suggestion! Have a nice trip!

Very helpful staff, great location. Highly recommended and will go there again

this hostel is pretty luxurios, the rooms are big and clean (we had a double bed room), the facilities are modern and nice, there´s a water boiler, cups, and towels, and an electric blanket in the bed (i loved it.) the staff is friendly and very good english speaking, and there were also a lot of chinese guys as guests (which I also liked, it's nice to get in touch while being in china). the decoration and especially the paintings in the lounge were pretty nice, and there's a roof terrace! :)

I stayed for almost 2 weeks in the hostel and would definitely recommend it. The rooms are clean and the staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The hostel is close to a metro station and there is some nice food stuff around.

• 21st Feb 2015

so far one of the best hostels in China I stayed in! staff really cares about your travelling plans and assists you with useful information and help. I really appreciated that :) it's a chilled hostel in a good location. The rooms are perfectly equipped for trevellers. Facilities in clude a nice rooftop terrace and fast WIFI even in the rooms. The food is tasty and the prices are decent. Next time in chengdu I will definitely stay in FlipFlop again!!

• 21st Feb 2015
  • Austria

Thank you very much for your great support.It was great to know you enjoyed your stay at our hostel.We hope we have the opportunity to have you stay with us again!

Great place. Naturally friendly staff who know what there doing. Pool table cheap beer and food, comfy relaxing social area. Nice room and the dorms look good too. Would stay again.

Thank you very much for your great support.Hope to see you again!

One of the best Hostels I've stayed in my Asia trip! Great atmosphere, really cool lobby/common room with cozy seating, pool table, computers and bar. The guys at front desk are really friendly and helpfully, especially Nancy and sherry! Always smiling. Great location, the rooms and clean with lockers. Would recommend to anyone staying in Chengdu.

Thanks a lot! Thank you very much for your great support and recommendation!

We had a nice time during our short stay. It´s clean, great value for money, great environment. Really friendly and helpful stuff. The last day we were about to miss our flight and one of the guys of the staff (sorry I don't remember his name) went out of his way to order a taxi for us really quick. Thanks to that we got to our flight. Thanks! Music too loud in the afternoon, impossible to relax in the common area. It takes between half an hour and 1 hour to get your food after you order.

Thank you very much for your support and suggestion.Have a nice trip!

We lived this hostel so much! The staff are amazing, very nice and helpful about all the things that has to do. Their map is the best we've seen so far, with buses and metro lines, resturants and banks :) The location is also perfect- buses just neer the hostrl street and a metro station two minutes walk.. Wifi and laundry are also very good and simple to use.. We reccomend this hostel very much!

Thanks a lot for your great support.Happy new year!

I would highly recommend the half-day Panda Research Base tour they offer. You leave very early (0710h) and get to see the pandas at their most active (at feeding time - go figure!) and when the park is virtually empty. Their guide doesn't speak English, but he knows exactly where to go to see all the highlights - we wouldn't have seen nearly as much without him.

Thank you very much for your great support and your recommendation.Hope to see you again! Enjoy your trip!

What a nice hostel with the best staff! Cute pandas too! 😝

Thanks a lot! We hope we have opportunity to have you stay with us again! See you next time!

Though I just stay there for one night,the bed is comfortable and the staff is very nice and helpful.I like this hostel.

Thank you very much for your great support.Hope we have opportunity to have you stay with us again!

Great staff, really helpful. Cool common area with a pool table. I've stayed here twice already and would definitely stay again.

It was great to know that you enjoyed your staying here.Hope to see you again!

WiFi doesnt work in the rooms, in the lounge it is not very good. Location is poor. Tours are with Chinese guides they can not speak english. Not all of the staff can speak english. You need an app for on your mobile pleco with a Chinese dictionary. And it is not so clean in the rooms. I had two times a cockroach on my bed. I think lazy bones is an better option to stay.

I loved my two week stay at flip flop. The staff are so friendly and the room was exactly what I'd hope for! I will definitely stay at flip flop again. The food and drink was also reasonably priced. Great place!

Thank you very much for your great support.Have a nice trip!

i hope there to be more activities for the travelers to know each other.

Thank you very much for your great suggestion!

We really enjoyed our stay at Flipflop. Staff were great and went beyond what we expected from them. Being able to book tours through the hostel was really convenient. The heated blankets were a definite plus! Overall we had a great stay and would definitely return.

• 20th Jan 2015

Thanks a lot! It was great to know that you enjoyed your staying here.See you next time!

Amazing place, the staff were so helpful and caring!!! They spoke great English to us and taught us a few words in mandarin too! Would and have recommended!

Thank you so much for your great support! Hope we will see you again! Have a nice trip!

« first « Prev 1 2 3