Chengdu Flipflop Backpacker Lounge Hostel Reviews

No.98, Dongsheng Street, Chengdu, China

Clean, nice location 5 min walk from subway and a 50 yuan-taxi drive away from airport. We booked the hostels pandatour which was very good: a minivan brought us there and the driver showed us all the best spots and it took only half a day, and was very easy so we didn't need to look for transport ourselves, definitely worth the money. The staff was very friendly and willing to help with all your questions! The food they serve is also good and not expensive!

Hostel staff is very nice and helpful. The hostel offers ok food and drinks for good value for money. The room itself i didnt like so much. I booked a 4 person dormitory and got paired with a chinese guy who has been living there for the last 2 years. So it was like living in his room, very awkward. Also he had his stuff all over the room and didnt seem to be very happy to make room for my luggage. If i had stayed there longer than 2 days i would have asked to move to another room.

Had a great two night stay here in a private room. The hostel is convenient to a subway station and a lot of shopping. The staff is nice and the panda trip was great. Make sure to tell your taxi driver the hostel is downtown as I got driven 45 minutes in the wrong direction before the taxi driver called for directions- he also refused to use the meter. Pickup service would be well worth it. Food at hostel was very good and cheap, my only complaint is the smell from the bathrooms was awful.

• 13th Nov 2014

Staff was really nice and they offered great trips that had good value for the money. Food was cheap and they had a lot of free activities. I really enjoyed my stay there.

I've been to three hostels in Chengdu now, and this was the best one. It is clean and comfortable with the nice "bohemian backpacker" community feel that makes hostels special. The staff has good English, and I was really pleased with the location and how easy it was to find--that is, how visible it is with its two large flip-flop signs. I only stayed one night, but I will go back when I am in Chengdu again!

• 31st Oct 2014

Thank you very very much for your great support.It was great to know that you enjoyed your staying at our hostel. See you next time.Have a nice trip!

Great place, friendly helpful speak English not pleased that hostel.com charged 15$ fee

The friendliest hostel we stayed at in china so far. The hostel have some good excursions (including the pandas) and the bar area is stylish up shyly decorated. The food in the hostel is great (both chinese and western) and is all freshly made. We will definitely stay here again thanks to the helpful, smiley staff and great communal area where we made loads of friends!

• 29th Oct 2014

Thank you very much for your great support.We hope we will have you stay with us again next time.Have a nice trip!

Some rooms smells of mildew, but otherwise Everything was great. Staff was very helpful and overall good value for money, both rooms and food. If we ever come back to chengdu we will definitely stay here again.

Thank you very much for your great review.Thank you for being nice to all the staff here. Hope to see you again.Have a nice trip!

I'd recommend this place, staff very helpful and nice, Good location plus they send you an email telling you all instructions how to get there!! Good service and really good!

Thank you very much for your review!

Location of the hostel is very good. I liked that hostel, Excellent condition , staff is very good, peoples helped us so much , railway station is very near to the hostel!! Excellent Hostel!!

• 26th Oct 2014
  • India

After sleeping on a solid plank of wood with a thin and tatty layer of foam, I can safely say hard sleeping is not all that great for your back. The shower is excellent, very powerful, but the bathroom is so compact it seems to shower everything in the bathroom, easier for the cleaners I guess, but not so easy if you don't want to pretend like you're playing in a water park. Pros: lockers, curtain to hide your poor self from creepy men watching you sleep, cheap food and booze, bike hire

เดินทางสะดวกในการไปท่ารถทัวร์ นั่งแท๊กซี่ไปแค่8หยวน มีตลาดสดอยู่หน้าที่พัก เดินไปsubwayไม่ไกลและมีห้างให้ช๊อปเพียบ เช่นห้างอิเซตัน

Thank you very much for your review!

We stayed at Flip Flop for 5 nights and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. All staff were very helpful and patient with our questioning and freely offered advice and recommendations for tours and activities. There is a range of tours on offer along with a variety of in-house activities. Our room was cleaned regularly by friendly housekeepers. The common area was a good place to mingle and eat the cheap good meals served at the hostel. The wednesday evening bicycle tour of the city was a highlight.

Thank you very much for your great support.We hope your wife will join us for the bike tour.See you next time!

The direction from the airport was a little confusing especially after getting out from the bus which stopped at a hotel. There was something missing in the direction given by the hostel.. I asked a few persons to find my way to the hostel. I had to travel by the subway for one stop to the exchange station, and then change to another line for another stop. Not that difficult, but it took me an hour troubling the kind subway staffs who were equally confused by the printed directions I downloaded.

Thank you very much for your review. Very sorry for the problem with the direction. We will try our best to find out the problem.

We had an excellent stay at the Flip Flop lounge hostel. The staff we're very friendly and helpful. The hostel has a nice common area and a big rooftop, good for hanging out after a day exploring. We stayed in a 10 bed dorm room which was good value for money. The bathroom was not very clean though. Overall an excellent stay at a great hostel!!

Thank you very much for your support. Very sorry about the problem with the bathroom in the dorm bed.We will try our best to deal with it as soon as possible.

VISIT CHENDU, THINK FLiPFLoP. Its a guaranteed Winner of a hostel- Why? Cheap, clean, bike hire, pool, and ROOF TERRACE splendour. Great food near by- left outa hostel then 1st right! Staff have brilliant English! Book a night and see!

• 13th Oct 2014

Thank you very much for your great support. See you next time. Have a nice trip!

Great hostel. Very helpful staff, wrote down in Chinese what we wanted at the train station. Excellent cheap and tasty food available. Good panda trip too. The guide new exactly where they would all be! Very enjoyable.

Thank you very much for your support.Have a nice trip!

Great location, walking distance to subway and bus station and around 25mins with luggage from airport shuttle. Staff speak excellent English and are extremely helpful, which is hard to find in some hostels in China. Free bike tour with Sally on Wednesday's is a fantastic overview of the city, but be prepared for a workout. Rooms are very clean and comfortable, with individual powerpoints and light, and even a curtain to maintain some privacy. Food at the hostel is good value and delicious.

Thank you very much for your great support. Have a nice trip!

Cool place. Like it!

Thank you very much for your great support! Have a nice trip!

We only stayed one night, but this seemed like a very clean well run hostel. The staff were friendly and knowledgeable. The common living room area was very large and provided good opportunities for conversing with other guests at the hostel. It is also centrally located in Chengdu with good transportation connections to other areas around the city.

Thank you for your support.Have a nice trip!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6