Chengdu Flipflop Backpacker Lounge Hostel Reviews

No.96, Dongsheng Street, Chengdu, China

Fantastic staff! Both the front desk and the cleaning staff were really friendly and helpful. I guess the presence of the cleaning staff also helped ensure the constant cleanliness of the place. Will definitely recommend to fellow travelers!

Thank you very much for your great support.It was great to know that you had a good time here.Have a nice trip!

Great hostel, very friendly helpful staff, large common area, frequent tours and tasty decent priced food. Would definitely recommend.

This is the best hostel I've seen in Chengdu! Clean, safe rooms, great location, great staff -- I'll definitely be back!

Definietly one of the best hostels I've ever been to! The staff we're so helpful, friendly and kind! Thank you Flip Flop for a wonderful stay in Chengdu!

Really fantastic location but be wary that some cab drivers might have difficulty finding it. Front desk speak average English, quite helpful with locations of landmarks. The drainage in the room wasn't as good and it looks like it has stained the edge of the room/the door, but otherwise facilities were fine. Locks provided! Altogether a great stay in Chengdu.

I loved FlipFlop hostel! I am in my forties and a female solo traveler. Flipflop was a great place to hangout, meet fellow travelers, and the staff were very helpful and sweet. I went on the half day panda tour, which was a good value for the money. I also got great advice for my trip to EmeiShan and LeShan. I'd come back and stay here anyday!

Thank you very much for your great support! It was great to know you had a good time here.See you next time!

Relaxing atmosphere, clean dorms and big beds! The roof is great and you can do laundry for 20rmb. The hotpot evening was fun to do and it's free when you order a drink.

Thank you very much for your great support.Have a nice trip!

No complaints! Was exactly what we were expecting from one of the highest ranked hostels in Chengdu.

• 25th Jun 2015

Thank you for your support!

The best thing with this hostel is the location. It's perfect and easily accessible with metro. \ Although the beds are harder than a rock which made the experience much worse. The room (and the corridor) smelled really bad. But you got used to it fast. We felt that the staff wasn't that service minded and a bit neglecting. It was OK value for the money and if you want a good location we would recommend it (but get ready to feel it in your back)

Thank you very much for your suggestions.Actually we had already changed the beds for many times.Some people thought it is too soft,but some people thought it is too hard.It is too hard to suit everyone's preference.But our staff will change the room according to your preference at once if you ask for.We believe that you will have different experience if you get ready to feel it with your heart.

The staff was super friendly and all spoke english very well. They also helped to arrange Bustickets and the bus station is 10 mins walk away. The breakfast is delicious and cheap. The rooftop is amazing. I really enjoyed my stay there and would recommend this hostel again.

Thank you very much for your great support.It was great to know that you had a good time here.Thanks again for your recommendation!Have a nice trip!

Great staff!

Thank you very much! All of our staff are very appreciated about it.Hope to see you again!

The staff at the reception is very nice and friendly and speaks good English. Even the members of the service team always smile. The roof top terrace is a very nice add on! The common area is relaxing and spacious. Close to the hostel are a variety of food options and the city center + the tourist bus station aren't far away. We slept in a 4-bed-dorm that was really a bit too tight.

Thanks a lot for your great support!

WE stayed in a 6 bed dorm and found the overall experience good. We checked in late (midnight) and had arranged for a pickup that was only slightly more than a taxi cab (90 vs 70 yen). The room was pretty nice - each bed has a lamp, outlet, shelf and draw curtain for privacy. Lockers and locks are provided but no towels. The only downside was the bathroom, which smelt and always humid. No fault of the hostel they generally kept it clean. Using the shower meant the whole bathroom got wet.1

• 6th Jun 2015

Thank you very much for your great support.We will try our best to see if we can solve the problem with the bathroom or not.See you next time!

I found everything what I was looking for: clean, cheap, good location, nice atmosphere and I made great friends!

• 4th Jun 2015

FlipFlop has everything backpacker needs. Comfortable beds, clean rooms, lounge room with events like hotpot party. Staff is friendly and helpful and the location of the hostel is just amazing. 5 minutes walk to the bus station where you can go to leshan, emei and jiuzhaigou. less than 10 minutes walk from metro.

Thank you very much for your great support! Have a nice trip!

It's a perfect hostel! One of the best I've been! Suff is very nice and helpful, you can see they love what they do. There are a lot of tours u can choose and also some free activities! the place itself is really comfortable and make you wish to stay here longer or come back here again as soon as possible! Food is nice and the prices are really reasonable. Beds are soft, there is a curtain for each bed.Love the place! And it's located just in the center of the city.

Thanks a lot for your great support!Hope we have opportunity to have you stay with us again! Have a nice trip!

Great hostel, great staff. Can definitely recommend it. I have also stayed at Mix Hostel (same owner, also great hostel), but prefered FlipFlop.

• 31st May 2015
  • Belgium

Thank you very much for your great support.Hope to see you again!

Location good, easy access to metro. Beds clean and comfortable. Bathroom was fine although smelt of damp. Staff helpful and large range of tours offered.

• 29th May 2015

Thank you for your support!

Our stay was brilliant, we only wish we could have stayed longer. The airport pick up was great and the free dumpling night was amazing fun. The food and drink was good and very reasonably priced. The English speaking staff were super helpful and answered all our questions.

Thank you very much for you great support.Have a nice trip!

Really lovely hostel. Very helpful staff. Good bar, restaurant and chill area.

Thank you very much for your great support.Hope to see you again!

« first « Prev 1 2 3