Chengdu Flipflop Backpacker Lounge Hostel Reviews

No.98, Dongsheng Street, Chengdu, China

The location is unbeatable, right in the heart of city center of Chengdu. Close to metro, eateries. The staffs are wonderful and friendly, he bed is crisp and comfortable. They have a big space for the guests to hangout and meet fellow traveler. But my favorite place is the rooftop garden. A wonderful spot to chill out.

Friendly and helpful staff who all spoke very good english. The food wasn't too bad either and location was pretty convenient being about a 15min walk to the bar street.

Great hostel to stay for a few nights. Although, they don't have a public kitchen but offer some food. On friday night you get free hot pot which is pretty cool. Just around the corner from the subway, easy to reach/find. The only thing I didn't like was that the 10 bed dorm was without windows to the outside!

Thank you for your review.There is window in the 10 bed dorm.It is hard to the outside because it is in the corner.But it is indeed very good price.It was great to have you three guys stay with us again.

The computer speed in the lobby is slow. It needs to be improved.

Thank you for the suggestion. Every day we have many people used the computer for downloading. Sometimes it made the computer a little slow.You would better use the free Wifi in the public area. Please feel free to ask our staff for any help.

The bathrooms were inexplicably dark, even wither the lights on the rooms were gloomy and soulless

• 13th Sep 2014

We are very sorry for your inconvenience. We have changed all lights in the all bathrooms.Hope we will have opportunity to have you stay with us again next time.Have a nice trip in Chengdu.

GOOD: roof garden for washing and hanging clothes. Common area was cozy and large. Not SO GOOD: 1.smelly washroom due to old drainage. 2.No Wifi in room. 3.Old bunk bed was creaking all the time. I hope there could be an info board for guests looking for company. Many backpackers come alone. Common area and rooms are good for ppl meeting new friends then visiting places or dinning together. But it’s not efficient. If guests can post their company request on a board, that'll be helpful.

Thank you very much for your suggestion.We will try our best to deal with the problems as soon as possible.There is info board nearby the gate,and it is very easy to find it when you step into our hostel.You can post your request on the board or ask the information from the desk.Have a nice trip!

Average is good , if the staff can update their tours information is much better , because the next day I stay at rhombus I ask where we can get pocket purse she quickly check and show me the direction and I stay at 4th floor and that is no lift.

• 11th Sep 2014
  • Malaysia

I ALWAYS STAY HERE WHEN CAME CHENGDU, I FEEl lLIKE HOME, CLEANING STAFF VERY WELCOME, GOOD. SERVE AND VERY CLEANEST. I WILL BACK AGAIN

We stayed for 18 days during our trip through china. The hostel was a perfect retreat in an amazing but crazy city and the staff were excellent, helping us with anything we needed during the stay. The food was good and inexpensive and the rooms were cleaned regularly by the very friendly cleaning staff.There is a perfect chill area in the hostel which came alive on a Friday with half price drinks. There are plenty of facilities available. I would recommend Flipflop to everyone visiting Chengdu.

• 10th Sep 2014
  • Scotland

I stayed here for 4 days. Its a great hostel with wonderful and helpful staff. Internet is bit slow. Definitely, i would like to recommend to my friends circle and other too.

Thank you very much for your great support.We will solve the problem with internet as soon as possible.

Stuff were very nice to me.and the room was amazing.next time if i go to Chengdu ill definitely stay there again.

Thank you very much for your recommendation.See you next time.

there's no reason you are unsatisfied with this hostel. what i feel sad is due to flight itinerary, checking in too late and checking out too early to enjoy the night in flipflop hostel. well, just after you face with the hostel building. i'm sure it'll give you an intensive impression how a nice hostel is supposed to look like. even though you are not familiar with making friends, the atmosphere in the lounge might make you hang around with new friends from different countries.

Thank you very much for your great review. It was great to know you enjoyed your staying at our hostel.See you next time.have a nice trip!

My fiancé and I were initially hesitant about staying in a hostel but this place was absolutely amazing!! Although the rooms are slightly small (I only suggest more shelving space), it was made up for by excellent customer service, great atmosphere, free activities and very cheap and yummy food that you order at reception. We would go back again and already miss it! You'll get a lot of help from these guys if you're new to Chengdu :) Great tour offers as well (cheap).

Thank you very very much for your great support. All of our staff miss you too.It was so great to know you enjoyed your staying at our hostel. Have a nice trip!

Sometimes bad smell from toliet.

• 6th Sep 2014
  • China

Very very sorry about the problem with the bathroom.We will try our best to solve the problem as soon as possible.Hope to see you again!

It's a great hostel! Really nice and well located. It has a beautiful atmosphere and food is very good. I really recommend it.

Thank you so much for your great support. We are very very appreciated it.

Great staff, very helpful especially for a lone traveller. Common room also very inviting and fast Internet.

Thank you very much! It was great to know that you enjoyed your staying at our hostel.Have a nice trip!

Great place! one of the best ones in city! Chengdu city of the best hostels!

I had a good time at the hostel. would come again. with VPN on the commen pcs. nice lounge. close to metro (less than 7min walk) wifi signal was ok. with curtains on each bed. helpful stuff. location was close to city center.

Thank you very much for your great review! Hope to see you again!

We stayed in a private double, so was not an issue. We felt safe with our valuables. although they recommend leaving valuables at the desk Close to everything via walking or subway. Especially close to bars, restaurants and bus station which will take you to Leshan Not amazingly helpful, but not bad either. Cleaning staff is very friendly No one was unfriendly, but no one really talked to each other either. Rooms could be cleaner, bathroom a bit moldy Expensive for a double Wifi stunk

• 31st Aug 2014

Very very sorry about the problems while you stayed in our hostel. We will try our best to deal with all the problems.Have a nice trip!

The bathroom is a bit darkness.

• 30th Aug 2014