Chengdu Flipflop Backpacker Lounge Hostel Reviews

No.96, Dongsheng Street, Chengdu, China

I loved FlipFlop hostel! I am in my forties and a female solo traveler. Flipflop was a great place to hangout, meet fellow travelers, and the staff were very helpful and sweet. I went on the half day panda tour, which was a good value for the money. I also got great advice for my trip to EmeiShan and LeShan. I'd come back and stay here anyday!

The best thing with this hostel is the location. It's perfect and easily accessible with metro. \ Although the beds are harder than a rock which made the experience much worse. The room (and the corridor) smelled really bad. But you got used to it fast. We felt that the staff wasn't that service minded and a bit neglecting. It was OK value for the money and if you want a good location we would recommend it (but get ready to feel it in your back)

Thank you very much for your suggestions.Actually we had already changed the beds for many times.Some people thought it is too soft,but some people thought it is too hard.It is too hard to suit everyone's preference.But our staff will change the room according to your preference at once if you ask for.We believe that you will have different experience if you get ready to feel it with your heart.

The staff was super friendly and all spoke english very well. They also helped to arrange Bustickets and the bus station is 10 mins walk away. The breakfast is delicious and cheap. The rooftop is amazing. I really enjoyed my stay there and would recommend this hostel again.

Thank you very much for your great support.It was great to know that you had a good time here.Thanks again for your recommendation!Have a nice trip!

Great staff!

Thank you very much! All of our staff are very appreciated about it.Hope to see you again!

The staff at the reception is very nice and friendly and speaks good English. Even the members of the service team always smile. The roof top terrace is a very nice add on! The common area is relaxing and spacious. Close to the hostel are a variety of food options and the city center + the tourist bus station aren't far away. We slept in a 4-bed-dorm that was really a bit too tight.

Thanks a lot for your great support!

WE stayed in a 6 bed dorm and found the overall experience good. We checked in late (midnight) and had arranged for a pickup that was only slightly more than a taxi cab (90 vs 70 yen). The room was pretty nice - each bed has a lamp, outlet, shelf and draw curtain for privacy. Lockers and locks are provided but no towels. The only downside was the bathroom, which smelt and always humid. No fault of the hostel they generally kept it clean. Using the shower meant the whole bathroom got wet.1

• 6th Jun 2015

Thank you very much for your great support.We will try our best to see if we can solve the problem with the bathroom or not.See you next time!

I found everything what I was looking for: clean, cheap, good location, nice atmosphere and I made great friends!

• 4th Jun 2015

FlipFlop has everything backpacker needs. Comfortable beds, clean rooms, lounge room with events like hotpot party. Staff is friendly and helpful and the location of the hostel is just amazing. 5 minutes walk to the bus station where you can go to leshan, emei and jiuzhaigou. less than 10 minutes walk from metro.

Thank you very much for your great support! Have a nice trip!

It's a perfect hostel! One of the best I've been! Suff is very nice and helpful, you can see they love what they do. There are a lot of tours u can choose and also some free activities! the place itself is really comfortable and make you wish to stay here longer or come back here again as soon as possible! Food is nice and the prices are really reasonable. Beds are soft, there is a curtain for each bed.Love the place! And it's located just in the center of the city.

Thanks a lot for your great support!Hope we have opportunity to have you stay with us again! Have a nice trip!

Great hostel, great staff. Can definitely recommend it. I have also stayed at Mix Hostel (same owner, also great hostel), but prefered FlipFlop.

• 31st May 2015
  • Belgium

Thank you very much for your great support.Hope to see you again!

Location good, easy access to metro. Beds clean and comfortable. Bathroom was fine although smelt of damp. Staff helpful and large range of tours offered.

• 29th May 2015

Thank you for your support!

Our stay was brilliant, we only wish we could have stayed longer. The airport pick up was great and the free dumpling night was amazing fun. The food and drink was good and very reasonably priced. The English speaking staff were super helpful and answered all our questions.

Thank you very much for you great support.Have a nice trip!

Great location to explore Chengdu. Easy to get there from the airport taking the airport shuttle. I would recommend it

Thank you very much for your recommendation.Have a nice trip!

What to say?! Best hostel out of one month travelling in China! Amazing location, atmosphere and staff! Rooms get cleaned every single day and even more often if you ask them! Nice tours and nice food as well! Definitely super-recommended!!!

Thank you for your great support.It was great to know that you had a good time here! Have a nice trip!

Really nice place. The amount of warnings about theft made me weary about leaving anything in the locked locker... But I felt safe the whole time! Best location in Chengdu

Thank you very much for your great support.Hope to see you next time!

The staff at front desk are really friendly,especially the travel adviser Sally.

• 10th May 2015
  • China

Thank you very much for your great support.Hope we have great opportunity to have you stay with us again! Have a nice trip!

Single male, 61. stayed 2 nights 6 bed dorm early May 2015. The hostel is an easy walk from the subway and the south bus station. It is also convenient to the upmarket Chunxi pedestrian street to the northeast and on the edge of the old quarter with cheaper street cafes to the southwest. The hostel itself has all amenities including washing machines, cafe and roof top garden. All staff are friendly and attentive and very helpful with advice and arranging day tours. A benchmark for others!

• 3rd May 2015

Thank you very very much for your great support.Have a nice trip!

It was a good place to stay. Comfortable and a nice lounge. If you want to go on tours the staff is pretty helpful

Thank you very much!Hope you have a nice trip!

Great Hostel! Good location and facilities but great staff and opportunities. My friend and I took the Half-day Panda Tour-- totally worth it!! I would definitely stay here again!

• 28th Apr 2015

Thank you very much for you great support.Hope to see you again next time! Have a nice trip!

Hostel was great. Trendy and comfortable. Rooftop patio was fantastic, seemed very underused. There was a washing machine, you could do you own washing for 20 RMB. Staff was super helpful with booking tickets. The Panda tour was very worth while. They also did freewalking/bike tours once a week which was great to see things you wouldn't necessarily make it to on your own and gave you something to do in the evening. Super close to a busy shopping square (Chinxi Rd) chinese stalls and modern mall.

• 25th Apr 2015

Thank you very much for your great support! All of our staff are really appreciated for that! Hope we have opportunity to have you stay with us again! Have a nice trip!

« first « Prev 1 2 3