Chengdu Lazybones Backpacker Boutique Hostel Reviews

16#, Yang Shi Jie, Chengdu, China

Great hostel! Super easy to get to, nice rooms and a good common area with pool table. Very helpful and friendly staff. Would definitely stay here again.

Great location and very clean!!

Great atmosphere for meeting people, food was good, shower was hot, bed had an electric pad to keep you warm. Staff was awesome and very helpful. Hallways really cluttered with bunk bed pieces and housekeeping items. Communal areas/hallways had little heat and were very cold. Overall I had a good time here.

I've travelled a lot and I think this is one of favorite hostels. Great location, staff, and all the backpacker facilities you could need. Also, the homemade sechuan food is amazing and cheap and available all day, yum!

It is very well situated close to the metro and many attractions. The room was quite large and well appointed. The staff were very friendly and helpful and were knowledgeable about Tibet travel.

I expected to enjoy my stay after staying at Flipflop hostel a number of times. And I surely did :) I stayed in the 3-bed family room with my friends and we loved how it was so spacious and yet cozy. The beds were comfortable, and everything was in perfect working order. My friends and I had a great time hanging out in the lounge. The atmosphere was relaxed and very conducive for long chats. We also enjoyed the pizza, onion rings and century egg porridge. Thank you for a lovely stay!

one suggestion:the stuff can introduce the whole hostel when people check in , then we can enjoy the hostel better.

All what i needed from a hostel while traveling in chengdu fullfilled by lazybones even before arrival. Most important english speaking staff, carol, tina and linda definitely helpful. We had difficulties in communication with locals and they help me to write in mandarin what i need to say. They have a cool reataurant with wifi that also works in room. For such rate, their location unbeatable. Very near with metro (50m) and Tianfu square just 1 km away. Definitely recomended hostel.

• 1st Jan 2015
  • Indonesia

Good hostel in a great location. Nothing major wrong with the hostel just small things. Area around the shower didn't drain properly so lots of water in bathroom floor after a shower and toilet seat wasn't the same size at the toilet but it still was ok. Wish there was working wifi in the rooms but other than that can't complain! Food was good and the atmosphere was good too.

My friends and I had a great stay! The place is awesome with games, a pool table, and a great hang out place! I would definitely recommend.

Perfect location - especially being straight opposite the Zhongshuijiao restaurant! - friendly staff, and really comfortable rooms. Everything you need is provided. Only negative comments are that the wifi is really bad, even in the bar/dining area, and the drains smell... bathroom was quite dirty.

Staffs are very nice and helpful.Location is very convenient.

really enjoyed the stay, staff was helpful, breakfast was good value (go for the french toast) and room was clean and very big.

• 28th Nov 2014
  • Switzerland

Very nice hostel. We stayed with our 3 friends so we had a room for the 4 of us and a private bathroom. Towels are included but when we went there no towels were in the room! We arrived late and there was a new guy he didn't know exactly what to do but in he morning everything was solved easily. Friendly staff and great atmosphere! Lots of things going on, plus a free map and a panda postcard! :)

Only complaint was the wifi didn't work inside the dorm room, only out in the lobby!

• 20th Nov 2014

Hi, We are so sorry about the internet, we are actually upgrading it at the moment, hope you will enjoy the stay more when you are here next time, thank you :)

Bike Tour of city was excellent with Kye, really enjoyable!The panda experience tour was also very good as driver directed us to best locations at the research base and we seen loads of pandas!Location was very good as we could walk most places. Rooms slightly damp and cold, but nothing major. Overall great stay.

• 18th Nov 2014

Hi~thanks for your good review, we look forward to your next stay :)

Such lovely people work at Lazybones. As a foreigner in China learning Chinese, the staff was very accommodating and noticed my desire to speak. Therefore, they spoke to me only in Chinese unless I asked for a translation, and I really appreciated that. They are extremely helpful, the environment is fantastic (do the walking tour to meet people) and the music was great! I've stayed here at least every year for two years, and never leave disappointed.

• 17th Nov 2014
  • Albania

Very nice hostel ! Well located, at 1m walk from the metro. Staff is very nice and willing to help. I was in a 4 bed room and the toilets and showers are clean and inside the room!(it's often outside and shared by everyone in hostel...). I recommend if you pass by Chengdu l

Hi~Thanks for your great review, it definitely motivates us to do job better! We hope to have you stay with us again in near future. Wish you a great journey:)

The hostel is very well located, atmosphere is nice and room/toilet were clean. Food was very good and cheap as well, we enjoyed our stay in the hostel very much, felt very comfortable.

KI always stay here when I'm, in Chengdu and I'd reccommend everyone else to do the same!!

• 15th Nov 2014