Chengdu Lazybones Backpacker Boutique Hostel Reviews

16#, Yang Shi Jie, Chengdu, China

It was a very clean hostel with good atomsphere. Staff was friendly. Room and bathroom were very clean. I like that each bed come with a reading light and a curtain which give you privacy. Good location. Western meals were available there.

This was my second stay at Lazybones and I was very pleased again! Rooms are nice and quite large. Very nice showers and the air conditioning was working perfectly as well. Loved the hotpot party! Staff was superb as always, with great travelling advice.

Excellent hostel - would certainly stay again!

I LOVE THIS HOSTEL! The room was perfect, and each bed had its own curtain for privacy which I thought was great. All rooms have en-suites too which is lovely. I did the City Bike Tour with Jennifer on Wednesday and that was a great way to meet other travellers in Chengdu. They also put on trips to see the Pandas and the Leshan Buddha. We get a free beer voucher when we check-in, and I had the Bacon Burger and Fries from their menu which was really nice. I'd recommend this hostel to anyone!

This is a great value hostel - we had a well-sized, clean double room for a great price, they can arrange airport transfers, and the bar / communal area has a nice atmosphere and cheap cocktails. The one down side was trying to have the breakfast (it's not included but you can buy it) - we waited a full hour, which delayed us in going to Leshan, and the staff were quite unapologetic about this. On the plus side, they ran a good tour to the pandas which we took the following day.

It's a nice Hostel, but the room was extremely humid with mould on the wall, which made it uncomfortable to sleep in.

All good!!!!

Really nice! The staff are friendly, the dorm room is good although a bit small, it's right beside the subway and very close to the centre of town. The bar area is lovely (and has a cat!) I would highly recommend it :).

Staff was nice. Location fine. The bar was good.

Nice hostel for a short stay - really liked the bar/restaurant area, though there were a couple of families with kids while we were there, which we thought was a bit strange for a bar. The bathroom in the dorm rooms was okay but the shower flooded into the rest of the bathroom every time we used it. Definitely okay for the price but seems like it may be more geared towards families and older travellers.

The staff there are very friendly and it's so great to have an English speaking staff, so that a person like me, a person who can't speak Chinese that well can understand what they were saying.

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Indonesia

thanks for your great review for your stay here, look forward to your next stay, have a nice trip in China :)

I have travelled china for like 4 months. That is one of the nicest hostel I have ever stayed at. The staff is awesome, the food and their milkshakes are definately the best hostel food I have experienced in China. Highly recommend this place. Hi to everyone from Sascha ;)

Tour-Guide Anita is a wonderful Person doing really good job for showing the panda and the Buddha!

• 18th Jul 2014

thanks for your review for your stay in our hostel, and we are glad to hear that you enjoyed the one day trip to Leshan Big Buddha and Panda Center that we arranged, hope to see you again soon, have a nice trip :)

A little more help with planning solo trips to, say, Le Shan, would be nice, BUT THIS IS A GREAT PLACE TO STAY IN A GREAT CITY!

thanks for your review to your stay in our hostel, we really appreciate it, and hope to see you soon in our hostel again, have a good day :)

Extremely good hostel. The staff are incredibly friendly. The services offered are very good, as well. I did the panda research center trip through the hostel and it was a great value and a great trip. I loved my time in this hostel.

thanks for your review, we are so happy you loved your time in our hostel and we would love to see you in our hostel again, have a wonderful time in China :)

Had a great stay, loved the hostel and wished I could have stayed longer! We did the morning trip to the Panda Research Base which I'd recommend :)

thanks for your great review to the hostel, we really appreciate it and also so glad that you enjoyed your time here, look forward to seeing you again soon, have a nice trip in China :)

nice service and facilities, will be back if travel to Chengdu again.

• 9th Jul 2014
  • Hong Kong

Hi there, thanks for your great review, we are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here, and we hope to see you soon again, have a nice day~~ :)

Staff were very helpful and friendly(especially Jennifer and Linda), rooms are clean except the duvets are a bit too warm for summer time. Food and drinks provided are pretty tasty and with good portions given the cheap prices. Events they organised are so fun (bike tour the best) and good opportunities making new friends. Would definitely recommend it if you enjoy international atmosphere! Overall it is well worth the money and that's what matters.

Hi ~~ thanks for your good review to our hostel, hope to see you again soon in our hostel, have a nice trip :)

I've stayed at The Mix (Lazy Bones' older sibling) a handful of times over the past 8 years, and switched over to the Lazy Bones 2 years ago because of its proximity to the subway. In short, if they opened a hostel next door to my apartment in Shanghai, I might find an excuse to stay there occasionally - these guys know how to run a hostel. The staff are amazing, the rooms are clean, and the atmosphere is chill and inviting. To be fair, the rooms are showing their age a bit, but nothing bad.

• 6th Jul 2014

thanks for you good review, we look forward to your next stay, have a nice day :)

This is on of the best hostels I have stayed at in China! The staff here were always so friendly and helpful, they helped me book all of my trips and made some great recommendations on places to go and things to do. A special thanks to Vivian and Kaye. Vivian was so helpful throughout my trip! She even personally helped me to top up my mobile phone and took me shopping to find some products i was needing. Kaye is one of the best people you will meet. He really knows his stuff about Chengdu!!!

• 4th Jul 2014

thanks for your great review, hope you will enjoy your time in China( shanghai), have a great day :) --- Kaye

« first « Prev 1 2 3