Chengdu Lazybones Backpacker Boutique Hostel Reviews

16#, Yang Shi Jie, Chengdu, China

Tour-Guide Anita is a wonderful Person doing really good job for showing the panda and the Buddha!

• 18th Jul 2014

A little more help with planning solo trips to, say, Le Shan, would be nice, BUT THIS IS A GREAT PLACE TO STAY IN A GREAT CITY!

Extremely good hostel. The staff are incredibly friendly. The services offered are very good, as well. I did the panda research center trip through the hostel and it was a great value and a great trip. I loved my time in this hostel.

nice service and facilities, will be back if travel to Chengdu again.

• 9th Jul 2014
  • Hong Kong

Staff were very helpful and friendly(especially Jennifer and Linda), rooms are clean except the duvets are a bit too warm for summer time. Food and drinks provided are pretty tasty and with good portions given the cheap prices. Events they organised are so fun (bike tour the best) and good opportunities making new friends. Would definitely recommend it if you enjoy international atmosphere! Overall it is well worth the money and that's what matters.

I've stayed at The Mix (Lazy Bones' older sibling) a handful of times over the past 8 years, and switched over to the Lazy Bones 2 years ago because of its proximity to the subway. In short, if they opened a hostel next door to my apartment in Shanghai, I might find an excuse to stay there occasionally - these guys know how to run a hostel. The staff are amazing, the rooms are clean, and the atmosphere is chill and inviting. To be fair, the rooms are showing their age a bit, but nothing bad.

• 6th Jul 2014

This is on of the best hostels I have stayed at in China! The staff here were always so friendly and helpful, they helped me book all of my trips and made some great recommendations on places to go and things to do. A special thanks to Vivian and Kaye. Vivian was so helpful throughout my trip! She even personally helped me to top up my mobile phone and took me shopping to find some products i was needing. Kaye is one of the best people you will meet. He really knows his stuff about Chengdu!!!

• 4th Jul 2014

thanks for your great review, hope you will enjoy your time in China( shanghai), have a great day :) --- Kaye

I have stayed a total of 8 days here. The staff were great and helpful plus some of them will never forget to greet you with their sweet smile! The location is very near to Luo Ma Shi Metro Station which is so convenient. As for the cleanliness part, bed sheet is not being changed or arrange as per hostel services in China i guess.

Hello, thanks for your good review, we hope you have a great trip :)

Hope they can provide more hair dryers. There is only one puclic one and can't be used after 23:00. Need to borrow from front desk then, but always lent out. Also better if they can sell stamps since post office not that easy to find and closes too early. Finally I can't send my postcards.

• 1st Jul 2014
  • China

Really enjoyed our stay! Would come back again and will recommend to friends.

• 29th Jun 2014

This hostel is the best one i've ever stayed, will stay again, thanks!

• 28th Jun 2014
  • China

Great atmosphere, very helpful staff. Rooms, beds, and lockers were all a bit small.

• 24th Jun 2014

The position is good. Great for young backpackers using the dorms. The private rooms are a decent size but the bed cover was torn in three places. The duvet underneath was badly stained. I had tbooked for 7 nights the sheets were never changed. Worst, The smell of the drains in the bathroom was really awful and filled the bedroom, esoecially when it rained. I complained but nothing done. Staff were very frudndly and trued to be helpful. Time to fix the plumbing and buy new bed wear.

旅舍气氛很好,来自世界各地的背包客聚集地。地理位置优越,事实证明,在成都,住在地铁站是最方便的。不足之处:1、二楼wifi坏了,大厅电视没声音,修理不及时。2、大厅蚊子多,建议点些蚊香。3、卫生间建议放点檀香,味道太大!

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • China

Very friendly staff who were happy to help out. Clean rooms and a cool social area. The dumpling party was good fun but unfortunately we had to leave to catch a train before we could try our dumplings! Only down side was the guide on the Panda Tour, he just played on his phone the entire time...apart from that it was an awesome hostel. Would stay again.

Hello, thanks for your precious review, and we are so sorry about the panda tour, we'll go to find out the problem and improve the service accordingly. Have a nice day~~

This is the best hostel I have ever stayed in. The location was super central and convenient and the overall atmosphere was so friendly and great for meeting fellow travellers. We spent a fair bit of time lounging around in the common room, playing pool, drinking beer and chatting with people, and the free dumpling party and the cooking classes were also great. The staff at the front also helped us book trips to see the pandas and work out how to get around. Loved it.

very good hostel, will stay again.

Loved this hostel! The friendliest staff of any accommodation I have ever stayed in, lots of activities planned if you wanted to join in, plus the prices was ridiculously affordable, I was recommended this hostel by some travellers I met in Beijing who said it was the best hostel they have ever stayed in, so I came in with high expectations yet they still did not disappoint. Highly recommended!

• 8th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

Hello, thank you so much for your great review, we are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our hostel, we look forward to your next stay, have a nice day :)~~!

you get a city map, a free beer when you check in the hostel, staff are very friendly, the atmosphere in the common area is good and cozy, can spend an afternoon in the common area if you have time though close to the metro station, but the chengdu metro is not really convenient. good privacy in room, there is curtain on every single bed

Hi~Thanks for your great review, it definitely motivates us to do job better! We hope to have you stay with us again in near future. Wish you a great journey:)

Awesome place, very helpful staff and centrally located with easy access to several things.

• 30th May 2014