Chengdu Lazybones Backpacker Boutique Hostel Reviews

16#, Yang Shi Jie, Chengdu, China

Overall Lazybones was a good place to stay. It's not a party hostel and there were quite a lot of families with children. That being said it was easy to meet people and the common area has a really chilled out atmosphere. Don't bother with the airport pick up service, my driver never turned up and then when I called the hostel they told me they would call me back but never did, essentially leaving me stranded when no taxis would take me. They apologised and said their system was updating.

Using the word 'boutique' in their name is a bit of a misnomer - this place is huge! But despite its size, Lazybones has a really cozy and welcoming vibe. It's bar and common area is a great place to hangout and meet fellow travellers, as well as grab a bite from their excellent kitchen. The staff were friendly and knowledgeable, and seemingly able to assist in organising a range of tours etc. The bed was comfy and the bathroom clean. All in all, a great hostel.

nice hostel, in a good location not far from the metro station! it has a nice big common room area with good food and a pool table! Staff is very friendly but not very helpful and can be a little disorganized at times!

My friend and I stayed at lazybones for two days. We can't get any wifi connection at room 201, which sucks... We have to stay at lobby if we wanna use Internet. They tried to fix it but it didn't work. Hope they can fix it as soon as possible. Staff are really nice though. Great atmosphere, very relaxing. I would say everything was great except the wifi.

Vivian & Co are excellent. By far the easiest hostel to find(right by Metro). Sister hostel Flipflop handy for bus station,pleasant - if a bit bland - vibe, but a nightmare for taxidrivers to find (dont know why). Mix more intimate, bit of a hike. Horses for courses. For me Lazybones is the real deal. Great big common room, central pool table. One of the best people-meeting places in China. Cheapest beer also (Beer Lao, not Chinese fizzy water). Only bad crit:tours are a ripoff, greedy markups.

Had an amazing time at Lazy bones hostel! Vivian, Diana and the rest of the staff spoke excellent English and were extremely helpful with information about the city. Good food served and a really fun bar area which was great for meeting other travelers. Take the panda trip - saves the hassle of public buses and an amazing experience!

Hi~Thanks for your great review, it definitely motivates us to do job better! We hope to have you stay with us again in near future. Wish you a great journey:)

+++ Probably one of my favourites in China. Friendly and helpful staff. Nice lounge area with good music. Rooms have curtains, reading lights and plug sockets. En-suite bathroom in dorms. Fairly priced bar. Free hot pot night. Right opposite metro stop. --- 1 day Leshan Buddha/Pandas tour was very expensive for what you get. If you have time try and split it up and do it yourself for way cheaper.

Great staff, very helpful and decent bar/chill out area. Would come again!

Clean rooms, nice shower, delicious Chinese & western food and a helpful staff that speaks very good English!

Conveniently located in walkable distance to the Mao statue in the centre of town en a subway just across the street. Good rooms, a bit shabby but it works. Helpfull staff, fun tours. We did'nt get the midnight airport pickup we got confirmed because of a system crash, but they made it up to us with a free beer.

We had an enjoyable time at LazyBones hostel. The reception staff Kelly and Diana were a fantastic help in particular helping with all our queries, particularly how to find a specific place in the high tech district. The lounge area was great and we stayed in a private room that was large, basic and clean with it's own bathroom. We were provided a great map on arrival and there were lots of tours available. We did the half day panda tour which was really convenient.

Kelly is so cute. Everybody at the hostel is friendly. They have good food as well, and the rooms are pretty nice.

This is the second time I stayed in this hostel, though I have to admit I enjoyed my first stay here a lot more! The room we were in this time was so damp you could smell it as you walked in, and the shower leaked, which meant that the bathroom floor was always wet. The staff however were very helpful and quick to react whenever we had a problem or issue. The location is amazing -directly opposite the Luomashi subway! Food is tasty and cheap, but be careful, as lots of the dishes are very spicy!

Fantastic hostel, the staff are very polite and friendly, the bathrooms are clean, wifi works great, the restaurant is a luxury and the prices are excellent. My calification is 10.

Excellent facilities, good organized tours (do the half-day panda tour), and a nice cozy public area with a good menu (they have their own kitchen), bar and even a pool table. Room is clean, and wifi is available across the entire hostel (although sometimes a little slow, but that is common in China). The staff are very friendly and helpful, but if we have to give a tip for improvement: we would have liked to get some recommendations on food/restaurants outside the very touristy areas.

My staying in Chengdu Lazybones hostel was very nice. I have to say thank you to the staff members who were willing to help me with lots of informations how to visit the touristic spots by myself. Thank you Diana and Lee. Especially have to say thank you to Lee who helped me a lot to solve the accomodation problems I had due to the cancelled train to Zhangjiajie. I enjoyed my time in Chengdu and at your hostel.

This was a solid hostel. the staff, with shout outs to Lee and Kale, was great. I took a great cooking class there and the staff was great in getting me the cheapest and most efficiently to sights and around the city.

First of all, the staff were very nice. We managed to make friends with a couple of them and one of them went with my friends to Leshan (not as a tour, she just hung out with them and showed them a cool place to eat in the city). The location's pretty great too; there's a metro station right outside on the other side of the road so it's easy to get to if you're a newcomer to China (you won't get lost with subway directions). Also, the rooftop where you hang your washing looks gorgeous.

• 27th Jun 2015
  • Scotland

Hi~Really glad to know that you enjoyed staying at our hostel, we hope to see you again soon,Have a nice day :)

I really enjoyed my stay at Lazybones. It was a lovely, welcoming and warm environment in a great location. The staff were wonderful and so helpful. No complaints whatsoever.

Awesome hostel, might stay here again next time i visit Chengdu.

« first « Prev 1 2 3