Chengdu Lazybones Backpacker Boutique Hostel Reviews

16#, Yang Shi Jie, Chengdu, China

Great staff, very helpful and decent bar/chill out area. Would come again!

Clean rooms, nice shower, delicious Chinese & western food and a helpful staff that speaks very good English!

We had an enjoyable time at LazyBones hostel. The reception staff Kelly and Diana were a fantastic help in particular helping with all our queries, particularly how to find a specific place in the high tech district. The lounge area was great and we stayed in a private room that was large, basic and clean with it's own bathroom. We were provided a great map on arrival and there were lots of tours available. We did the half day panda tour which was really convenient.

Hi~Thanks for your great review, it definitely motivates us to do job better! We hope to have you stay with us again in near future. Wish you a great journey:)

Kelly is so cute. Everybody at the hostel is friendly. They have good food as well, and the rooms are pretty nice.

This is the second time I stayed in this hostel, though I have to admit I enjoyed my first stay here a lot more! The room we were in this time was so damp you could smell it as you walked in, and the shower leaked, which meant that the bathroom floor was always wet. The staff however were very helpful and quick to react whenever we had a problem or issue. The location is amazing -directly opposite the Luomashi subway! Food is tasty and cheap, but be careful, as lots of the dishes are very spicy!

Excellent facilities, good organized tours (do the half-day panda tour), and a nice cozy public area with a good menu (they have their own kitchen), bar and even a pool table. Room is clean, and wifi is available across the entire hostel (although sometimes a little slow, but that is common in China). The staff are very friendly and helpful, but if we have to give a tip for improvement: we would have liked to get some recommendations on food/restaurants outside the very touristy areas.

My staying in Chengdu Lazybones hostel was very nice. I have to say thank you to the staff members who were willing to help me with lots of informations how to visit the touristic spots by myself. Thank you Diana and Lee. Especially have to say thank you to Lee who helped me a lot to solve the accomodation problems I had due to the cancelled train to Zhangjiajie. I enjoyed my time in Chengdu and at your hostel.

This was a solid hostel. the staff, with shout outs to Lee and Kale, was great. I took a great cooking class there and the staff was great in getting me the cheapest and most efficiently to sights and around the city.

First of all, the staff were very nice. We managed to make friends with a couple of them and one of them went with my friends to Leshan (not as a tour, she just hung out with them and showed them a cool place to eat in the city). The location's pretty great too; there's a metro station right outside on the other side of the road so it's easy to get to if you're a newcomer to China (you won't get lost with subway directions). Also, the rooftop where you hang your washing looks gorgeous.

• 27th Jun 2015
  • Scotland

Hi~Really glad to know that you enjoyed staying at our hostel, we hope to see you again soon,Have a nice day :)

I really enjoyed my stay at Lazybones. It was a lovely, welcoming and warm environment in a great location. The staff were wonderful and so helpful. No complaints whatsoever.

Awesome hostel, might stay here again next time i visit Chengdu.

I stayed in the 8 bed dorm and had a great rest there. I didn't expect the bathroom to be inside the bedroom, which is particular for a hostel, and very convenient.

My stay at Chengdu Lazybones Backpacker Boutique Hostel was great. The hostel and its location were both excellent. The staff were also very helpful. I showed up after midnight because of a delayed flight and they were in reception happy to help me. They helped me organise a tour to the Panda breeding centre and to see the Giant Buddha at Leshan. Also, they helped me top up my phone when I couldn’t get my local SIM card to work. I would happily stay there again if I’m ever in Chengdu.

Convenient location directly across the street from the subway station. The staff were friendly, but they clean the room immediately when someone checks out so you could have the cleaners in your room making noise early in the morning when everyone was trying to sleep. Otherwise, good hostel for the money.

Great common room with a lounge atmosphere - loved the bar! Only had a weekend there but Lazybones was the perfect way to relax after sightseeing. Loved the Sichuan cooking class and the panda tours too.

Amazing hostel! Lazybones is the perfect place to stay when visiting Chengdu. It is super easy to get there by public transport. The staff is super friendly, helpful and speaks perfect English. they offer various tours to make the most of your trip. But they also help you when you'd like to explore thing by yourself. The common area is very nice, with a great bar, a cool place to meet fellow travelers. Also perfect rooms and conditions, perfect hostel!

Awesome hostel. Great vibe, nice staff and small 4 person dorm rooms with comfy beds. Location was amazing, right in front of the subway, and only a block away from Chen's Mapo DouFu, the best Sichuan restaurant in the city :)

The location right near the metro is very convenient. The common room was really cozy and the hostel always had hot water. I also loved the curtains around the bed! My only suggestion is to change the arrival information under directions. It says that the only way to get to the hostel from the east train station is by 40RMB taxi when in reality I only spent 25RMB on a taxi and there's a subway line that would've taken me right to the hostel! I definitely would've taken the subway had I known...

Excellent place overall came back 3 times in sichuan because it was pretty nice! The only thing is the wifi in the rooms doesnt work.

Overall pretty good- nice and cozy common area! Little mouldy in the rooms, but I've definitely seen worse. Good location, great places to get food close-by and they had lots of tours provided if you're interested.

« first « Prev 1 2 3