Chengdu Lazybones Backpacker Boutique Hostel Reviews

16#, Yang Shi Jie, Chengdu, China

Nice hostel for a short stay - really liked the bar/restaurant area, though there were a couple of families with kids while we were there, which we thought was a bit strange for a bar. The bathroom in the dorm rooms was okay but the shower flooded into the rest of the bathroom every time we used it. Definitely okay for the price but seems like it may be more geared towards families and older travellers.

The staff there are very friendly and it's so great to have an English speaking staff, so that a person like me, a person who can't speak Chinese that well can understand what they were saying.

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Indonesia

thanks for your great review for your stay here, look forward to your next stay, have a nice trip in China :)

I have travelled china for like 4 months. That is one of the nicest hostel I have ever stayed at. The staff is awesome, the food and their milkshakes are definately the best hostel food I have experienced in China. Highly recommend this place. Hi to everyone from Sascha ;)

Tour-Guide Anita is a wonderful Person doing really good job for showing the panda and the Buddha!

• 18th Jul 2014

thanks for your review for your stay in our hostel, and we are glad to hear that you enjoyed the one day trip to Leshan Big Buddha and Panda Center that we arranged, hope to see you again soon, have a nice trip :)

A little more help with planning solo trips to, say, Le Shan, would be nice, BUT THIS IS A GREAT PLACE TO STAY IN A GREAT CITY!

thanks for your review to your stay in our hostel, we really appreciate it, and hope to see you soon in our hostel again, have a good day :)

Extremely good hostel. The staff are incredibly friendly. The services offered are very good, as well. I did the panda research center trip through the hostel and it was a great value and a great trip. I loved my time in this hostel.

thanks for your review, we are so happy you loved your time in our hostel and we would love to see you in our hostel again, have a wonderful time in China :)

Had a great stay, loved the hostel and wished I could have stayed longer! We did the morning trip to the Panda Research Base which I'd recommend :)

thanks for your great review to the hostel, we really appreciate it and also so glad that you enjoyed your time here, look forward to seeing you again soon, have a nice trip in China :)

nice service and facilities, will be back if travel to Chengdu again.

• 9th Jul 2014
  • Hong Kong

Hi there, thanks for your great review, we are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here, and we hope to see you soon again, have a nice day~~ :)

Staff were very helpful and friendly(especially Jennifer and Linda), rooms are clean except the duvets are a bit too warm for summer time. Food and drinks provided are pretty tasty and with good portions given the cheap prices. Events they organised are so fun (bike tour the best) and good opportunities making new friends. Would definitely recommend it if you enjoy international atmosphere! Overall it is well worth the money and that's what matters.

Hi ~~ thanks for your good review to our hostel, hope to see you again soon in our hostel, have a nice trip :)

I've stayed at The Mix (Lazy Bones' older sibling) a handful of times over the past 8 years, and switched over to the Lazy Bones 2 years ago because of its proximity to the subway. In short, if they opened a hostel next door to my apartment in Shanghai, I might find an excuse to stay there occasionally - these guys know how to run a hostel. The staff are amazing, the rooms are clean, and the atmosphere is chill and inviting. To be fair, the rooms are showing their age a bit, but nothing bad.

• 6th Jul 2014

thanks for you good review, we look forward to your next stay, have a nice day :)

This is on of the best hostels I have stayed at in China! The staff here were always so friendly and helpful, they helped me book all of my trips and made some great recommendations on places to go and things to do. A special thanks to Vivian and Kaye. Vivian was so helpful throughout my trip! She even personally helped me to top up my mobile phone and took me shopping to find some products i was needing. Kaye is one of the best people you will meet. He really knows his stuff about Chengdu!!!

• 4th Jul 2014

thanks for your great review, hope you will enjoy your time in China( shanghai), have a great day :) --- Kaye

I have stayed a total of 8 days here. The staff were great and helpful plus some of them will never forget to greet you with their sweet smile! The location is very near to Luo Ma Shi Metro Station which is so convenient. As for the cleanliness part, bed sheet is not being changed or arrange as per hostel services in China i guess.

Hello, thanks for your good review, we hope you have a great trip :)

Hope they can provide more hair dryers. There is only one puclic one and can't be used after 23:00. Need to borrow from front desk then, but always lent out. Also better if they can sell stamps since post office not that easy to find and closes too early. Finally I can't send my postcards.

• 1st Jul 2014
  • China

Really enjoyed our stay! Would come back again and will recommend to friends.

• 29th Jun 2014

This hostel is the best one i've ever stayed, will stay again, thanks!

• 28th Jun 2014
  • China

Great atmosphere, very helpful staff. Rooms, beds, and lockers were all a bit small.

• 24th Jun 2014

The position is good. Great for young backpackers using the dorms. The private rooms are a decent size but the bed cover was torn in three places. The duvet underneath was badly stained. I had tbooked for 7 nights the sheets were never changed. Worst, The smell of the drains in the bathroom was really awful and filled the bedroom, esoecially when it rained. I complained but nothing done. Staff were very frudndly and trued to be helpful. Time to fix the plumbing and buy new bed wear.

旅舍气氛很好,来自世界各地的背包客聚集地。地理位置优越,事实证明,在成都,住在地铁站是最方便的。不足之处:1、二楼wifi坏了,大厅电视没声音,修理不及时。2、大厅蚊子多,建议点些蚊香。3、卫生间建议放点檀香,味道太大!

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • China

Very friendly staff who were happy to help out. Clean rooms and a cool social area. The dumpling party was good fun but unfortunately we had to leave to catch a train before we could try our dumplings! Only down side was the guide on the Panda Tour, he just played on his phone the entire time...apart from that it was an awesome hostel. Would stay again.

Hello, thanks for your precious review, and we are so sorry about the panda tour, we'll go to find out the problem and improve the service accordingly. Have a nice day~~

This is the best hostel I have ever stayed in. The location was super central and convenient and the overall atmosphere was so friendly and great for meeting fellow travellers. We spent a fair bit of time lounging around in the common room, playing pool, drinking beer and chatting with people, and the free dumpling party and the cooking classes were also great. The staff at the front also helped us book trips to see the pandas and work out how to get around. Loved it.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4