Chengdu Lazybones Backpacker Boutique Hostel Reviews

16#, Yang Shi Jie, Chengdu, China

I loved this place! We were so sick of being i China and just had to stay here for 3 days before leaving for another hostel in Chengdu (pre-booked), and we should just have stayed here! They made our days really good! Thank you!

This is an awesome place to stay. Location is perfect: 1 min to the subway, 10-15 mins to the center of the city, 15-20 mins to the commercial street, 20-25 mins to the people's park. The recreation area is great too, bar, wi-fi and what's more important - atmosphere! Thanks to the staff - they are helpful and always positive. Special thanks to the intern lady (do not remember her name) - she was the most cheerfully, always smiling, and easily handled everything (manager should prize her).

Hi~Really glad to know that you enjoyed staying at our hostel, we hope to see you again soon,Have a nice day :)

Excellent hostel, wonderful staff especially Reine! Only quibble was that all the lockers in my room were full, so slight security issue, but no big deal. Would definitely return, the ensuite bathrooms in the 4 bed dorms are great.

Hi Duncan, thanks for your good review, we are so glad you had a good time with us and much appreicated for your suggestion, have a nice day :)

Clean hostel and friendly staff, 10~15min walk to Wang Fu Jing St, morning market just right in outside of the hostel.

Very helpfull staff . Englishspeaking and serviceminded. Recomend it.

• 2nd Mar 2014
  • Norway
  • Couple, 41+

Hi~Thanks for your great review, it definitely motivates us to do job better! We hope to have you stay with us again in near future. Wish you a great journey:)

This is one of the best hostels I've stayed at in China! The staff spoke English and were very helpful, lots of organized tours available and they also gave you directions if you wanted to do stuff on your own. The rooms and bathrooms were very clean. The bunk beds had curtains that you could draw around on both the top and bottom to keep out the light, and the internet connection was excellent. Only downside, no free breakfast and it took quite a long time to be prepared in the morning.

The staff were very helpful. They helped arrange a Panda Volunteer Trip and helped us book a couple of flights in china free of charge. The rooms were clean and confortable. We stayed in a 4 bed mixed dorm, the beds had a curtain to surround them helping with privacy and there were 4 lockers for each person staying there, padlocks were provided. ( I highly recommend the Panda Volunteer Trip)

Hi~Really appreciate for your precious time to write us the review, we are so glad that you had a good experience with us, hope to meet you in near future! Great trip :)

I had a double private room, and had absolutely no complaints. It was a wonderful experience and I would happily go back. Very convenient to the Metro.

Add a public shower room. One shower / bath for 8 peolple is not enough...

Good hostel but could do a much better cleaning job! Bathroom are never cleaned properly ... Should leave people choose what they really want to do in the lobby area or this hostel need to get specific rooms to play movies and so on ;). The staff is mostly very nice and very helpful when not busy on managing too much job :(. So, nice place but a bit overpriced hostel...

we really appreciate for your precious time to write us the review, we are so glad that you had a good experience with us, hope your next stay in our hostel will be much better, have a nice trip :)

Good place to stay ...

Just a bit pity we can't do and be concentrated on our stuff as they play movies / loudly music in the evening in the lobby area ! They must improve and get different areas for that to respect feelings of guests ;). Wifi doesn't work in rooms. Towels provided only for private rooms. Beside that, it is a good choice, well located with a good and helpful staff ;).

Good place , well located just right next to the metro station. A very good and cheap place to eat just in front of the hostel. Good food at the hostel but a bit overpriced. Please change the welcome drink, it is awful and do a better cleaning job in rooms / bathrooms ;). You get a great lobby area but please leave people choose what they want to do or get a specific room to play movies / to play loudly music ;). The staff is mostly nice and helpful ... Thanks !

Good place to stay ! + Good staff , helpful ... + Location is good , right next to the metro station. + Good and cheap place to eat just in front of the hostel. + Security is very good ! - Must do a much better cleaning job in rooms and espacially bathrooms. - No wifi in rooms. - Lobby too loudly at the evening / Leave people do what they really want to do ;). - No facebook in China ! - No soap / shampoo provided even in private rooms. - No towels provided for dorms.

One of the best hostel I've ever stayed. The staff are very nice and very helpful. The food is quite good. Highly recommended!!!

The four bed dorm with ensuite was clean and warm, best duvets in China and even an electric blanket! The shower was always hot too. The staff were helpful and most of them spoke good english, they helped us organise tours and do our washing. The wifi worked well in common room and ok in our room. The food was tasty and great value for money. The tours were also well planned and good value, except for the Leshan Buddah- worth seeing but do yourself! The metro was just over the road

Located right next to a subway this hostel is great for getting around the city. There are a number of good places to eat around the area with an excellent snack/breakfast place across the street. The bathrooms are clean, but the shower has weak water pressure. The beds in the dorms were also very shaky. The staff are friendly and can help arrange a number of day trips. The prices for food and beer are expensive though. Also you have to pay to use the computers.

thanks for your review, we are so sorry for the unpleasant experience during your stay at our hostel, we'll go to find out the problem and improve the service accordingly:)

I gave the full score because the staff work at front desk were all awesome! I liked the warm traveler's lounge area, very sociable, I loved playing pool table with hostel staff, they were actually pretty good! Room is very big, air-con works well and there is even an electric blanket under my bed sheet to double secure a warm sleep! Thanks for the hospitality, if I would return back to Chengdu, I would definitely stay with you guys again! Happy Chinese New Year!

• 9th Feb 2014
  • China

Hi~~Thanks for your great review to our hostel, we are so glad you had a great time here., hope to see you again soon, have a nice day :)

Fantastic place!!! Location, atmosphere, food... I'd recommend it to anyone. The staff is great, but the guy at the tour desk has a genuine customer service. He will do his upmost to guarante your needs are satisfied. I really appreciated.

I cannot recommend this hostel highly enough. I stayed in a 4 bed dorm for 2 nights and a private room for the remaining night. The dorm was spacious and the curtain meant privacy was easy.. The room was cleaned and it was clear the hostel employed plenty of house keepers to keep the place looking good. The staff were friendly and knowledge and very helpful when i wanted to change my room because of a friend joining me. An excellent hostel 10/10. Also, Rainie and Shelly are very cute ;-)

• 4th Feb 2014

Thanks for your great review, we are so glad you had a great time in our hostel, looking forward to having you to stay with us soon, have a nice trip in china :)