Chengdu Mix Hostel Backpackers

9.3
Superb 1786 Total Reviews

• Japan, Female, 18-24
16th Feb 2017

Mix hostel is dream hostel where you feel at home, especially the staff are so friendly. They love teaching and playing majhong with travelers. They hold some free parties every week . Like hotpot party, if you are first time to taste spicy food, it is a nice traveling for your bud. By the way they have local food tour adventure , it is a good way to know some weird raw food materials . Wish come back again next time

• Northern Ireland, All Female Group, 18-24
7th Feb 2017

Couldn't recommend this place more! Food from the kitchen is amazing, if slightly slow service. Room was good, the hostel was constantly being cleaned, shower was hot and powerful. The thing that really made it was the staff. We did a bike tour with John and it was so much fun, he spoke good english and translated everything he said. We went to a traditional chinese restaurant on the tour which was lovely as they explained all the food and any history behind it.

• England, Male, 18-24
1st Feb 2017

My stay at Lazybones Hostel was great, I would definitely recommend to anyone. the staff were amazing, the food was good and the hostel was awesome. 10/10

29th Jan 2017

The most helpful and fun staff I've come across backpacking!! One night I ate too much spicy food and I was complaining that the convenience stores were closed so I couldn't buy milk. An hour later after I had just laid down to go to sleep, one of the ladies at the front desk knocked on my door with milk she had gone out to find! They also offer plenty of tours, free and paid! Cooking classes were fun and the location is next to a temple where I drank tea every day! :)

• USA, Male, 25-30
27th Jan 2017

Wow! What a great stay at mix hostel! The food was incredible, the beer was cold, and the atmosphere was perfect for getting to know other guests! The BEAUTIFUL staff--Ocean, May, and Helena-- were so helpful and helped me arrange tours as well as transport to various places in Chengdu... They are also quite good at making paper airplanes. There was also a guy playing guitar and singing there who was really, really cool... ;) An overall great place!

27th Jan 2017

Hands down one of the best hostels I've stayed at. The staff was on-point, the facilities clean and well-kept, the information helpful, the location in the heart of Chengdu perfect as a base. I can't recommend Mix Hostel enough.

• England, Male, 18-24
24th Jan 2017

This holiday was the first in which I stayed in hostels and this was the best one by far. You feel immediately comfortable due to the friendliness of the staff who welcome you in and give you everything you need. This includes advice on the many things you can do in and around chengdu. The hostel itself is well kept, laid back and not too far from any of the main sights/restaurants. I couldn't recommend this place more. Also shoutout to Helena for making the experience amazing.

22nd Jan 2017

The staff is great, they all speak very good English and know everything about the Chengdu and around. They are well trained, very motivated and extremely friendly. They gave us great advice, (even knew all details about tour to Tibet and had tours on offer), they helped us to get a train ticket to Kunming during Chinese New Year. Location is good too, close to bus stops etc. We would stay there again.

• USA, Male, 25-30
21st Jan 2017

Great staff. Clean rooms. Amazing price for dorms. Only downfall was lukewarm showers on 2 of the 4 days I was there. I don't know if that was a fluke but not a huge deal. Good location. Solid wifi. Tasty food and nice hangout are all. All I all, I would definitely go back.

• USA, Male, 41+
21st Jan 2017

I stayed in a private room which had a bed, end table, coat rack & light. Very simple but clean. Various shared bathrooms &showers were accessed on the same floor -- simple but clean. Don't expect a hotel -- this is a hostel with good value. Staff extremely friendly & helpful. Grea location is one stop by subway/metro from the main train station. I went early in the morning to station , changed a ticket I had purchased, & then went back to the hostel. The hostel is less than 10 min. walk