Chengdu Mix Hostel Backpackers Reviews

#23 Xing Hui Xi Lu Rd., Chengdu, China

A super nice hostel. The staff is super friendly and speaks English very well. I have nothing bad to say, the best hostel I have stayed in.

A great hostel. Everything you want. They have a travel desk which is great as many hostels don't. But they jerked me around a bit and made up answers to a few things instead of just saying they didn't know.

Staffs are very friendly and helpful! Thanks to them, I enjoyed staying not only in Chengdu but also in this great hostel!

Lovely staff!

a hard place to leave. the syaff at mix are excellent very friendly and make you feel welcome the moment you walk through the door. it has a great atmosphere and it is very easy to meet other travellers.

Asked for our laundry to be done, and asked if we could pay when we picked it up. We only had 2 days, laundry wasn't even started when we went to pick it up after the 24hrs. Must have been a misunderstanding, but it really screwed up our plans as we had a hike planned using those clothes. Bed was very hard, even by China standards, and room was very mouldy. We booked at sister hostel Lazybones on our return to Chengdu and were much happier- cleaner, more inviting and better atmosphere.

Fabulous and funky!

• 2nd May 2015

Wonderful, wonderful hostel. Location is out of the centre but close to bus and metro stops and close to some attractions. Staff were amazing - couldn't do enough for me, really friendly. Atmosphere here is great - the best hostel I've stayed in a long time. You will not be disappointed if you stay here.

Staff was very helpful! Restaurant has a great variety of western and Chinese foods for a reasonable price. Would definitely stay here again!

Nice hostel w/ super helpful staffs. Thx to Vivian & Mary 4 arranging shared van. The room is fine but the cleaning woman is so noisy n keep complaining abt small dirty spots in sheet n i was asked to wash it by myself??? if not, give her 10rmb. The pros is not abt money, i just cant get how come n why i hv to pay 10rmb, otherwise wash by my own for dirty sheet??? is it hostel rule?? B/c im not happy w/ her attitude so I did it!! Special thx to Victoria, she's nice n give correct info to travel.

I've been to a bunch of hostels in the last ten years, but I've never met such a friendly staff!! They really made me feel welcome. The hotel was quite comfortable and had a good situation in Chengdu considering the place I wanted to visit!!

• 26th Apr 2015

Friendly staff, great common area and close to temples and easy to get to the panda place.

Thanks for your great review, it definitely motivates us to do job better! We hope to have you stay with us again in near future. Wish you a great journey:)--MIx Hostel Team

very friendly, very clean hostel in a good location. staff were quite helpful and friendly. the free breakfast is not all that good (two slices of toast with a bit of jam plus tea or coffee), but the other food is nice. i left some valuables at the reception and did not get a receipt or token or anything, but they do seem to remember (or so i'd like to believe). the dorms have lockers including padlocks. all in all definitely very recommendable.

Muy recomendado! Buen ambiente y staff muy amable, te ayudan en todo lo necesario! Ademas hay free walking y bicycling tour! Hicimos el de bicicleta y estuvo muy entrete! Las piezas limpias y los baños también, dan desayuno que esta bien y el restaurant tiene buenos precios y es muy rico! Disfrutamos nuestros dias en Chengdu, ademas por la buena ubicación, cerca del metro y el paradero de buses.

Thanks for your great review, it definitely motivates us to do job better! We hope to have you stay with us again in near future. Wish you a great journey:)--Mix Hostel Team

The Chengdu Mix Hostel is everything you could ever want in a comfy place to stay. It's clean, the staff are friendly, it's convenient and has a really lovely vibe. I stayed here for 7 nights and had the most chilled out time in Chengdu, I could live there! On Friday nights they have hotpot (which is inclusive for all guests for the mere price of a half-price cocktail). They also do lots of tour packages, I was so tempted to go to tibet! So perhaps add a few extra days on to your intended time!

Really glad to know that you enjoyed staying at our hostel, we hope to see you again soon,Have a nice day :)--Mix Hostel Team

Great hostel. Staff was friendly, everything was very clean, and the wifi worked very well! They were very helpful with tours and travel info as well.

Great atmosphere and staff!

Awsome hostel with really helpful staff, great bar and restaurant. Short walk metro also! Would recommend

Thanks for your great review, it definitely motivates us to do job better! We hope to have you stay with us again in near future. Wish you a great journey:) --Mix Hostel Team

Great job guys! The only thing I 'd say is when doing renovations try not to start any heavy construction until 9/10 am. One morning there was a lot of banging at 730 in the morning.

Thanks for your great review, it definitely motivates us to do job better! We hope to have you stay with us again in near future. Wish you a great journey:)-Mix Hostel Team

For some reason, taxi driver could not find the spot and kept circling around there multiple times (at the airport, the driver didn't know either and I asked to be dropped off at the nearest train station, only to realize that the trains weren't working when I got there). Same thing happened to other taxi drivers trying to drop me off after. Luckily I kind of knew where I was.

• 13th Apr 2015