Chengdu Mix Hostel Backpackers Reviews

#23 Xing Hui Xi Lu Rd., Chengdu, China

Staff was excellent, very helpful with all kinds of questions - thank you guys. The offer free tours through Chengdu. The food was good and cheap for a hostel. Cats were really nice. The rooms, toilets and showers were clean and the garden and the roof terasse are really comfy. Would definitely stay there again. Keep it up.

Really great hostel, clean, good location and friendly, helpful staff. Would stay here again for sure!

Hi, really appreciate for your precious time to write us the review, we are so glad that you had a good experience with us, hope to meet you in near future! Great trip

I've stayed here before and will again! It's nearly the perfect hostel from my experience of many hostels throughout the world. Relaxing, well organized, affordable, clean, good showers/toilets, outdoor areas, close to the subway, quiet neighborhood. There are two good Sichuan restaurants right outside the front door, and the food at the hostel is also quite good and affordable. The staff are sweet and friendly, always willing to help with a smile. Great travel service to Tibet & other places.

great hostel. they have relaxed small garden. free washing machine service. knows how to make a good "white russion" and are not cheap on the amount of alcohol added. good food. extremely good and helpful staff. i would recommend it to any backpacker that travel china!!!

Although we just stayed there for a night, the staff was really helpful in getting us bus tickets for our next destination. Overall, I can just recommend to stay there. Seems to be an excellent place to go to other places in Sichuan.

Loved this place. Cheap and amazing food and beer (6 rmb for tsingtao). Great atmosphere, free hotpot on Friday night with 1/2 price cocktail ~12rmb. Made many friends here. Staff was very helpful and everything was clean. Only complaint was the showers, 2 on the 3rd floor only and if they were both being used at the same time you'd get scalded.

The best hostel i've stayed in China. Nice and very helpful staff, always concerned about customer's satisfaction, rooms extremely clean, delicious and affordable food. There are confortable common areas, perfect for chill out and make friends after a full day discovering Chengdu. We love Mix Hostel!!

I was pleasantly surprised by this hostel and would definitely come back again. Good Internet, good vibe, nice and clean facilities, ok dorms, great and friendly staff and nice location. The food is also good and cheap. All the warnings about stolen stuff are a bit offputting and I was a bit disappointed during my first stay by one of the staff ady who was very rude to me as soon as I said I wanted to go on my own to the Pandas and not to the hostel tour. The other girls were very lovely!

Dear Customer, Really appreciate for your precious time to write us the review, We apology again for what happened,we'll go to find out the problem and improve the service accordingly.Have a nice day.

Definitely the most friendly hostel I have stayed at in China, the staff really make the place a home from home. All the reception staff speak perfect English. Good food, well priced. Great travel advise for exploring on your own, as well as a huge selection of organised trips, including Tibet permits and tour guides. I used it as a base for exploring Sichuan and China's west, leaving and returning on multiple occasions over a month. I'll definitely stay next time I'm in Chengdu.

Hi Alex, Thanks for your feedback, and we are really glad to stay with you, your feedback definitely motivates us to do job better! Great trip :)

Everything was perfect. The staff, the rooms, the atmosphere, the interior, the fellow travellers. Coming here again! PS Coco is awesome

Hi David~ Thanks for your great review, it definitely motivates us to do job better! Great trip :)

Amazing hostel!! Amazing staff, so friendly, helpful and nice. Everyone speaks good english, the hostel has a really nice atmosphere with a good mix of foreigners and chinese tourists (i've met some cool chinese people there and it was very interesting to talk about their country with them). The hostel is also clean, the beads are comfortable, they have beer and food for a reasonable price. And they have free breakfast. I really recommend it

Hi Letícia ~ Really glad to know that you enjoyed staying at our hostel, we all hope to see you again soon,Have a nice day :)

Especially, staffs are very kind and helpful.

• 11th Sep 2014
  • Japan

The best Hostel in Chengdu. Believe us, we had other ones in this city, from where we moved to Mix. Very clean, not to much noise at night. The sraff is exellent. They will always help you. Food is great. Great atmosphere.

A very warm and cosy hostel with kind and helpfull staff and a layed back atmosphere to relax when you need it.

• 8th Sep 2014

Hi Jeroen / Joshi Hofhuis / Lemmers,Thanks for your great review, we are so glad that you had a good experience with us,welcome back

This is what i think of when i hear Hostel. Staff is very very helpful and always working to bring all the guests together and share for example a free hotpot party ( you just need to buy a cocktail, which at that day is half price). Very uncomplicated, familiar atmosphere, good, convenient food almost around the clock. Would love to stay here again.

Great hostel with great staff. Very helpful with tons of activities. Place is clean and food is good. Atmosphere is also very nice, Very easy to meet people. Close enough to metro station, so it's easy to get anywhere. Would stay again. - Anna

I've stayed at this hostel and their other one, LazyBones, and both are great. The staff are generally helpful and they offer services for booking tours, cooking classes and there is a free bike tour. The atmosphere and they have a great rooftop where the showers are that is very green. The showers themselves are pretty filthy but that seems to be a theme with hostels in China. I'd definitely stay here again.

Mix hostel is one of the best/coolest hostels weve ever stayed at. Staff was great, Victoria was so helpful in arranging us tours. The lobby has a great atmosphere, and the double room we got was great! Huge room, huge bed, air conditioning. We we very sad to have to leave Mix Hostel and Chengdu!

Hi Heather and Curtis~ Really thanks for your great review, it definitely motivates us to do job better in the future ! We hope to have you stay with us again.Great trip :)

3 months in china and this is the best hostel I ever been. Cheap beer, cheap food, great garden and really nice stuff. I really recommend on it.

Thanks for your highly review, and welcome back, we are very glad to spend those days with you.

Mix hostel is very overrated. We had a few hostels in Chengdu and mix hostel was definitely not the best. Especially the staff thinks that they are the best in Chengdu and they let you know by there arrogancy. When we checked out they were suddenly very friendly, and asked us to rate the hostel add least above 95 procent becaus that was normal in Chengdu!

Dear Evelien, We are thousands of sorry for the unpleasant experience during your stay at ourhostel, we'll go to find out the problem and improve the service, have a nice day.

« first « Prev 1 2 3