Chengdu Mix Hostel Backpackers Reviews

#23 Xing Hui Xi Lu Rd., Chengdu, China

Mix Hostel seems to really care about its guests. The staff are friendly and helpful, and all speak great English. The room wad wsrm and cozy, great electric blankets and everything was very clean. I also liked the atmosphere - there is a nice common area, good for meeting other travellers. Even though it's such a well known hostel it still packs a lot of personality :)

Thanks for your great review, it definitely motivates us to do job better! Welcome back next time. Wish you a great journey:)

I really enjoyed the stay in that hostel. The staff was very helpful and friendly and the rooms are clean and big enough. I also did the panda tour of the hostel and everything worked out good. would just be nice if the driver could speak more english. But as you can see a video there you get enough information and the driver know the good spots to see the pandas. There is free breakfast which is actually just 2 toasts and tea/coffee but for the price per night that is definitely okay i think.

Shared bathrooms for all the rooms, but our room was very clean and comfortable! Staff are very friendly!

Though I've stayed there just for one day, the whole impression is very good: friendly and helpful staff, great atmosphere and tons of free activities throughout the week to meet people ! "Plus" compared to other hostels in China: - The BEST city map ever made by a hostel, really helpful when wandering in Chengdu - Simple but free breakfast - Private curtains in dorm which is appreciable

Overall very good value for money, nice environment, very friendly & helpful staff. Location wise about 5 minutes walk to Wenshu Monastery Metro Stn & to Renmin Road North Metro Stn.

This is the only hostel I've stayed in Cheng Du. I arrived this little cozy hostel at around 10pm on Christmas eve, 2014. The party was just over and people were still having fun. I spent 4 nights with this hostel in total. Overall, I had a great time here. The staff were excellent. They are extremely friendly and helpful. I would also like to express my gratitude to Marry, Hinena, Kevin, and sister Wang from the kitchen, as well as others I couldn't mention here. You guys are awesome.

We stayed at both Mix Hostel and Flip Flop. Overall both hostels are fantastic and a great choice,but I personally preferred Mix hostel. Mix Hostel is located a little North of the fun, but has good subway access and if you like walking it's not a problem. The place is got a great relaxing atmosphere, clean, beds are comfortable, and the staff super friendly. For more information and pics about Sichuan: http://www.freeradicalsinchina.com/2015/01/christmas-at-zoo.html

Thanks for your great review, it definitely motivates us to do job better! we hope to see you again in the future,Have a nice day :)

It's been around for a while so it's probably a little more wear-and-tear but oh my! The staff, feeling and cosyness is unbeatable. Had some of my best days in china here :) if im going back to chengdu this is where I'm staying.

Was there early morning with a flight to depart China heading to Malaysia the same day night. The management was courteous enough to allow me to use there facilities for the short time and also arrange the panda half day tour at last minute notice. Hostel was clean and pleasant with a very helpful, friendly staff. I'd surely visit you guys again.

Dear Rajashekar Rao Bandari, Thanks for the high praise from you, and we are also very glad to stay with you, hope we can stay with you soon, and wish you a nice trip:). ~ From Mix hostel Team

The staff are very pleasant and incredibly helpful. The hostel's location is a little far from people's square but it is easy to catch a bus or walk if you don't mind the exercise. Overall, great experience

Love the atmosphere here! Was great staying with the friendly staff and thank you to the aunties that helped to clean up our room!

Really glad to know that you enjoyed staying at our hostel, we hope to see you again soon,Have a nice day and welcome back :)

A funky place for sure. The staff was great and the food was good and reasonablely priced.

Hi, Donald, Really glad to know that you enjoyed staying at our hostel, we all hope to see you again soon,Have a nice day :)

I really like this hostel. The staff is amazing and very helpful. There's really no negative qualities.

Hi, Kelley, thank you for staying with us, best withes.

The staff is really friendly and helpfull. They ansere to my mails within few hours. Offer a big tour portfolio for daytrips as leshan or panda breeding research as well as 2/3/4day trips. I can recommend the dorms with courtains for privacy and electric blanket. Besides delicious food in western or sichuan style there's free breakfast from 7-9 am (coffee or tea with two pices of toast and jam)!

• 13th Nov 2014

Hi, Michaela, Really glad to know that you enjoyed staying at our hostel, we all hope to see you again soon,Have a nice day :)

For the most part, Mix Hostel was great. The staff was amazing and incredibly helpful, and they spoke very good English. The showers were some of the best showers I have ever experienced at any hostel! The rooms and common area were very comfortable. The only downside is that my friend got horrible food poisoning on the 29 hour train back to Beijing, and I am convinced it was from spaghetti at the hostel. Aside from this incident, everything was great.

Really appreciate for your precious time to write us the review, we are so glad to have you stay with us, and we are so sorry for the unpleasant experience happens to your friend during your stay at our hostel, we'll go to find out the problem and improve the service accordingly. But we still hope to meet you in the future! Great trip :)

It is propably the best hostel in Chengdu, because the staff is so great and also the general atmosphere. Rooms are a bit mouldy and a bit dusty but for the price it was okay (at least the dorm rooms.) Food was okay, basic hostelfood, but don't try the sandwiches. Information and help with planning was superb!

Dear Mia, really glad to know that you enjoyed staying at our hostel, we all hope to see you again soon, But we really sorry about sandwiches, we going to check out and do it better. Best wishes!

Staff was awesome, especially Karen. Over the top to help us make the arrangements we neded and everyone was very friendly.

Hi, Scott, Thanks for your feedback, and we are really glad to stay with you, your feedback definitely motivates us to do job better! Best wishes!

Really nice place,comfortable bed,clean,helpful staff,big common area

Hi, Elisa, Thanks for staying with us, best wishes for u.

The best hostel I have stayed in during my China trip so far in the last three weeks, beating Beijing, Pingyao, Xian etc. the atmosphere and the feel of the place is really warm and welcoming but the best thing about the place is the staff, especially Victoria, Della and the young man. they all had the best English with a really good sense of humour, so were a real joy and so helpful. I loved staying there, well done. paul

Hi, Paul, Thanks for your feedback, and we are really glad to stay with you, your feedback definitely motivates us to do job better! Best wishes from Vitoria, Della and young man Hannh.

I stayed here my first night in Chengdu and came back twice more (each time I passed through the city), because I liked it so much. Great staff, wonderful laid-back vibe, plants everywhere, great maps/photos/graffiti on walls, incense burning pleasantly, open courtyard on third level, comfy beds, and just a really great atmosphere. Free beer coupon upon arrival. The gorgeous Wenshu Monastery and folk streets are nearly next door—make sure to visit if you stay here.

• 14th Oct 2014

Hi, James, Thanks for your feedback, and we are really glad to stay with you, your feedback definitely motivates us to do job better! Best wishes!

« first « Prev 1 2 3