Chengdu Mix Hostel Backpackers Reviews

#23 Xing Hui Xi Lu Rd., Chengdu, China

I can't say enough good things about Mix Hostel. The staff are absolutely amazing and go above and beyond to help you out. Terrific atmosphere, great hot pot on a friday night, good food, cold beers, what more could you want? All of the girls at the front desk and bar were terrific, especially Victoria, Karen, Coco, Amy, and Ashley. If I make it back to Chengdu then I won't even need to look for a place to stay, I'll be coming back to Mix.

A very good hostel with very friendly staff. You get a free breakfast even if you are staying in a dorm. There are curtains around the beds and the common showers and bathrooms are nice and clean. A very nice hostel for the money. The location is a bit far away from the bus stations but the hostel is close to the subway so it is okay

Great place! Really enjoyed our time there! The staff there is amazing!!!!!

• 8th Jul 2014

A fine hostel, the atmosphere was good, it was very busy, lots of people came in and out. Room is medium sized and air-conditioned, which is good in summer. Toilet is very clean, common bathrooms are easy to use, but sometimes you might need to queue. We joined the hotpot party, it was a good opportunity to meet new people. It was free if you buy a half-price drink, I paid 23 rmb for a gin tea. :-)

We originally booked for 2 nights but changed to 4, staff were so bad when we arrived, very scatty and didnt listen to what we were saying about our changed booking. We paid what they asked us for assuming it was the total bill, 2 days later our keys didn't work and the manager told us (very accusatory)that we had only paid for 2 nights. It was very embarrassing, esp when it was their staffs incompetence. Poor apology. Four showers to cover 2 floors of ppl so always a queue. Did like thecurtains

This is the best hostel I've ever stayed in. The atmosphere and staff is amazing!

• 30th Jun 2014
  • Sweden

Awesome hostel, super chilled staff, cosy feel

• 27th Jun 2014

My fiancé and I stayed in a private double en suite and can't fault the experience. It was such a fun hostel. The staff were amazing and we met lovely people (who we went out with for the World Cup). Stay here if you want great accommodation and a F-U-N time!!!

Hi~ Thanks for your great review, it definitely motivates us to do job better! Welcome back to our hostel at your convenience.

Fantastic experience. The staff speak fluent English, the food is tasty and affordable, and there's a huge area upstairs for drying clothes. The only complaint I have is that the room we were in was mosquito central! We drowned ourselves in mosquito repellant and turned on the little machine but they just kept coming.

Hi~Really glad to know that you enjoyed staying at our hostel. For the mosquito problem, we are really sorry. We will use the pests killer later on, i think it would be much better.

I stayed here about a month ago and will definitely be returning. This is a great hostel. A lot of hostels in China feel more like hotels or restaurants, but the Little Mix has got it right, and actually feels like a hostel with a backpacker vibe. It's a good place to meet people especially as they have group events such as Chinese Hot Pot night. The staff that work here are very friendly and helpful and all speak very good English.

Had a wonderful stay at mix hostel. The atmosphere is great. I was beginning to get ill when i got here and this place was perfect to just chill for a while and recover from all the travelling. The food is great, i had almost no reason to go outside. U should though chengdu is a great city. Mix hostel also set me up with a nice tibettour which waa great. Although i now recommend to book it directly through the tibet travel agency cause the chengdu one takes some commision. Enjoy mix hostel!

• 5th Jun 2014

Great place and staff! I stayed there in 2005, 2007 and now 2014, and it hasn't changed a bit.

The best hostel I've ever been!! The stuff so nice!

Hi Thanks for your great review, it definitely motivates us to do job better! we are so glad that you had a good experience with us, welcome back to Mix Hostel

WE LOVED THIS HOSTEL-EVERYONE SHOULD STAY HERE!! All the staff were soo friendly and helpful (especially Coco and Karen!) and the hostel is cute and cosy :-)

Excellent staff, really helpful. bed and the curtains really good. bathrooms could be better in size and add more showers.(you could add something to hang cloth or a little top in the door of the toilet. Too many bugs in the garden area.

Really appreciate for your precious time to write us the review, we'll go to find out the problem and improve the service accordingly.

This hostel was recommended to me by a friend and I'm glad that I listened. It was a chill place to hang out, was close to sites, and the staff was amazing. I will definitely stay here again.

Hi Kevin~ Thanks for your great review, it definitely motivates us to do job better! We all will miss you, welcome back to Mix Hostel at your convenience.

Great rooftop terrace, but the tour to the panda station and the Leshan buddha wasn't very well organized.

Thanks for your review, we are glad that you like the rooftop terrace and we already pass on your comments to the tour operator. Welcome back to Mix hostel at your convenience.

Great hostel, good cheap bar/restaurant, everything spotlessly clean. The go-to place if you're looking for join-in Tibet tours - anyone want to do some Tibet trekking in mid-late June/early-mid July please get in touch with them!! Just one minor thing - I couldn't see any Amway store when trying to follow the online directions from the metro & got slightly lost, would be easier to just say "take Exit D, LEFT stairs, then walk straight".

Stuff was friendly and helpful we enjoyed our stay.

Really appreciate for your precious time to write us the review,your valuable feedback is always helpful. Welcome back to Mix Hostel

free map, free postcard, free breakfast, welcome beer, delicious food, nice room, what else should i say? the curtains around the bunk-beds its a great idea.

Hi Kitti ~ Thanks for your great review, it definitely motivates us to do job better! Welcome back to Mix Hostel at your convenience.