Chengdu Mix Hostel Backpackers Reviews

#23 Xing Hui Xi Lu Rd., Chengdu, China

Was there early morning with a flight to depart China heading to Malaysia the same day night. The management was courteous enough to allow me to use there facilities for the short time and also arrange the panda half day tour at last minute notice. Hostel was clean and pleasant with a very helpful, friendly staff. I'd surely visit you guys again.

A funky place for sure. The staff was great and the food was good and reasonablely priced.

Hi, Donald, Really glad to know that you enjoyed staying at our hostel, we all hope to see you again soon,Have a nice day :)

I really like this hostel. The staff is amazing and very helpful. There's really no negative qualities.

Hi, Kelley, thank you for staying with us, best withes.

The staff is really friendly and helpfull. They ansere to my mails within few hours. Offer a big tour portfolio for daytrips as leshan or panda breeding research as well as 2/3/4day trips. I can recommend the dorms with courtains for privacy and electric blanket. Besides delicious food in western or sichuan style there's free breakfast from 7-9 am (coffee or tea with two pices of toast and jam)!

• 13th Nov 2014

Hi, Michaela, Really glad to know that you enjoyed staying at our hostel, we all hope to see you again soon,Have a nice day :)

For the most part, Mix Hostel was great. The staff was amazing and incredibly helpful, and they spoke very good English. The showers were some of the best showers I have ever experienced at any hostel! The rooms and common area were very comfortable. The only downside is that my friend got horrible food poisoning on the 29 hour train back to Beijing, and I am convinced it was from spaghetti at the hostel. Aside from this incident, everything was great.

• 8th Nov 2014

Really appreciate for your precious time to write us the review, we are so glad to have you stay with us, and we are so sorry for the unpleasant experience happens to your friend during your stay at our hostel, we'll go to find out the problem and improve the service accordingly. But we still hope to meet you in the future! Great trip :)

It is propably the best hostel in Chengdu, because the staff is so great and also the general atmosphere. Rooms are a bit mouldy and a bit dusty but for the price it was okay (at least the dorm rooms.) Food was okay, basic hostelfood, but don't try the sandwiches. Information and help with planning was superb!

Dear Mia, really glad to know that you enjoyed staying at our hostel, we all hope to see you again soon, But we really sorry about sandwiches, we going to check out and do it better. Best wishes!

Staff was awesome, especially Karen. Over the top to help us make the arrangements we neded and everyone was very friendly.

Hi, Scott, Thanks for your feedback, and we are really glad to stay with you, your feedback definitely motivates us to do job better! Best wishes!

Really nice place,comfortable bed,clean,helpful staff,big common area

Hi, Elisa, Thanks for staying with us, best wishes for u.

The best hostel I have stayed in during my China trip so far in the last three weeks, beating Beijing, Pingyao, Xian etc. the atmosphere and the feel of the place is really warm and welcoming but the best thing about the place is the staff, especially Victoria, Della and the young man. they all had the best English with a really good sense of humour, so were a real joy and so helpful. I loved staying there, well done. paul

Hi, Paul, Thanks for your feedback, and we are really glad to stay with you, your feedback definitely motivates us to do job better! Best wishes from Vitoria, Della and young man Hannh.

I stayed here my first night in Chengdu and came back twice more (each time I passed through the city), because I liked it so much. Great staff, wonderful laid-back vibe, plants everywhere, great maps/photos/graffiti on walls, incense burning pleasantly, open courtyard on third level, comfy beds, and just a really great atmosphere. Free beer coupon upon arrival. The gorgeous Wenshu Monastery and folk streets are nearly next door—make sure to visit if you stay here.

• 14th Oct 2014

Hi, James, Thanks for your feedback, and we are really glad to stay with you, your feedback definitely motivates us to do job better! Best wishes!

Staff was excellent, very helpful with all kinds of questions - thank you guys. The offer free tours through Chengdu. The food was good and cheap for a hostel. Cats were really nice. The rooms, toilets and showers were clean and the garden and the roof terasse are really comfy. Would definitely stay there again. Keep it up.

Hi, Dorothea, Thanks for your feedback, and we are really glad to stay with you, your feedback definitely motivates us to do job better! Best wishes!

Really great hostel, clean, good location and friendly, helpful staff. Would stay here again for sure!

Hi, really appreciate for your precious time to write us the review, we are so glad that you had a good experience with us, hope to meet you in near future! Great trip

I've stayed here before and will again! It's nearly the perfect hostel from my experience of many hostels throughout the world. Relaxing, well organized, affordable, clean, good showers/toilets, outdoor areas, close to the subway, quiet neighborhood. There are two good Sichuan restaurants right outside the front door, and the food at the hostel is also quite good and affordable. The staff are sweet and friendly, always willing to help with a smile. Great travel service to Tibet & other places.

Hi, Jason, Thanks for your feedback, and we are really glad to stay with you, your feedback definitely motivates us to do job better! Best wishes.

great hostel. they have relaxed small garden. free washing machine service. knows how to make a good "white russion" and are not cheap on the amount of alcohol added. good food. extremely good and helpful staff. i would recommend it to any backpacker that travel china!!!

Hi, Zvi, Thanks for your feedback, and we are really glad to stay with you, your feedback definitely motivates us to do job better! Best wishes.

Although we just stayed there for a night, the staff was really helpful in getting us bus tickets for our next destination. Overall, I can just recommend to stay there. Seems to be an excellent place to go to other places in Sichuan.

Hi, Holland, Really glad to know that you enjoyed staying at our hostel, we all hope to see you again soon,Have a nice day :)

Loved this place. Cheap and amazing food and beer (6 rmb for tsingtao). Great atmosphere, free hotpot on Friday night with 1/2 price cocktail ~12rmb. Made many friends here. Staff was very helpful and everything was clean. Only complaint was the showers, 2 on the 3rd floor only and if they were both being used at the same time you'd get scalded.

Hi, Laura, Really glad to know that you enjoyed staying at our hostel, we all hope to see you again soon,Have a nice day :) From Laura here

The best hostel i've stayed in China. Nice and very helpful staff, always concerned about customer's satisfaction, rooms extremely clean, delicious and affordable food. There are confortable common areas, perfect for chill out and make friends after a full day discovering Chengdu. We love Mix Hostel!!

Hi, Carlos, Thanks for your great review, it definitely motivates us to do job better! Best wishes.

I was pleasantly surprised by this hostel and would definitely come back again. Good Internet, good vibe, nice and clean facilities, ok dorms, great and friendly staff and nice location. The food is also good and cheap. All the warnings about stolen stuff are a bit offputting and I was a bit disappointed during my first stay by one of the staff ady who was very rude to me as soon as I said I wanted to go on my own to the Pandas and not to the hostel tour. The other girls were very lovely!

Dear Customer, Really appreciate for your precious time to write us the review, We apology again for what happened,we'll go to find out the problem and improve the service accordingly.Have a nice day.

Definitely the most friendly hostel I have stayed at in China, the staff really make the place a home from home. All the reception staff speak perfect English. Good food, well priced. Great travel advise for exploring on your own, as well as a huge selection of organised trips, including Tibet permits and tour guides. I used it as a base for exploring Sichuan and China's west, leaving and returning on multiple occasions over a month. I'll definitely stay next time I'm in Chengdu.

Hi Alex, Thanks for your feedback, and we are really glad to stay with you, your feedback definitely motivates us to do job better! Great trip :)

Everything was perfect. The staff, the rooms, the atmosphere, the interior, the fellow travellers. Coming here again! PS Coco is awesome

Hi David~ Thanks for your great review, it definitely motivates us to do job better! Great trip :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3