Chengdu Traffic Inn (Hostel) Reviews

#6 Lin Jiang Zhong Lu, Jing Jiang Districtu, Chengdu, China

Good location for buying tickets for and boarding the morning bus to Jiuzhaigou. Dealing with night staff was a mockery and the epitome of incompetence. Reservations were screwed up and follow-up service was dreadful. The rooms are tidy and the breakfast is good.

This hostel has the most unfriendly staff that I have experienced in China.When asking for advice how to get to Panda Research centre they wont explain what bus to take and tell me to do my own research.Food was terrible too from the restaurant.The hostel exterior could also do with some renovations. Worst hostel in China, I recommend to choose Flip Flop hostel rather!!

Next time I'm in chengdu I'll stay here again--can't beat the location. The front desk girls were very nice and the food was decent. I think this place has surpassed Sim's cozy hostel (or hello chengdu I think it's called now) as the go-to hostel in Chengdu

I'm a frequent visitor to Traffic Inn Hostel, staying only here when in Chengdu. The location is perfect, the beds are divine, rooms are large & the English-speaking & friendly staff will warmly welcome you. Traffic Inn Hostel is easily & inexpensively reached by metro whether you arrive Chengdu by train at the main railway station or at Chengdu Dong (East) Station. The airport shuttle bus drops you within short walking distance as well. Repeat guests are remembered!

We had a private room, which was really nice and very good value. The shared bathrooms were spotless and the showers really nice. The food was some of the best hostel food we've had. The staff were friendly and helpful. Definitely recommend this place.

Staff is very helpfull with booking tickets and had lots of advice on tours. However we were told 3 hours were enough in Leshan, but as we wanted to see the Buddha up close we would have needed at least 2 hours more (due to cueing). We had to leave without the experience as we had already booked bus and train tickets through the hostel. Besides from that - super place to stay, great food considering the price and clean facilities. Would stay here again.

• 3rd Aug 2014
  • Denmark

Really good hostel! We would recomend it to anyone. The rooms were nice and clean, and so were the shared bathrooms. The common area was a bit run down,BUT it didnt matter as the atmosphere was still really good. The staff was the best, very helpful with everything and very kind. They also spoke good english and enjoyed hanging out with the guests. :)

I have been travelling through China and Chengdu was my end destination. My last couple of days I stayed at the traffic inn hostel where the staff was very friendly and easy going. I was travelling alone, but in this hostel I never felt lonely due to the staff and the great people I met. The staff was always in for a chat and helped you with all kinds of things. The location was perfect and the rooms were very clean and decent. One of the best hostels so far in China.

I had a great experience at Traffic Inn. The facility was conducive to meet many travellers and good vibes throughout from the staff to fellow travellers. My only area for improvement are the shared washrooms, they were kept constantly clean, but were used often.

Super good hostel. Highly Recommended!

Upgraded my six bed dorm to a three bed for free which was nice. I stayed in the hotel part. Very clean. A little annoying that the cleaning ladies opened my door three times the first morning I was there even though it said they don't clean unless asked. Food was good, staff helpful, common area chill. It is a bit of a walk once on final road - hostel is on the right almost at the end of the road before the bus station and next bridge. I'd stay again.

Great location right next to the bus station, and walking distance to most things. Fabulously friendly and helpful staff and great value café. Tours were wonderful. We were in a private ensuite room, but had to walk past communal toilets which were a bit smelly at times. Would recommend staying here!

Excellent hostel. Everything was good except you can't be "noisy" after like 9pm. Drinks outside is not allowed after certain hours (depending on staff working at the time). Big group drinking late is a no no at this hostel. Even though there were so many travelers who were keen. But still, an awesome hostel.

I was a bit worried at first since it's so close to the bus stop, but it's tucked away behind some buildings which kept it quiet and safe. Clean dorm room and communal showers and toilets. Quiet and relaxing cafe with decent food. Pool table was fun addition. Location is central and close to many transportation options like bus and metro stations. Beds were clean and comfortable. I would definitely stay here again!

The hostel has a good location with the bus station but if you want to live in the center of Chengdu the location is not good. The common bathrooms and showers are to few, risk for queuing. The common areas are soso, but the food in the hostel is really good.

Nihao , Thank you for your lovely review. And we are glad you like our food. Just regarding to your review,our hostel is actually in the center of chengdu. Twenty minutes walk to Tianfu square, 15 minutes to main shopping center. As for the bathroom. There are bathrooms on everyone floor. I am sorry that we haven't told you before. Despite all of those , we are looking forward to seeing you again:) Traffic inn crew

everything amazing! the room was clean, big, great value of money, the staff very helpful :-)

It's very close to long-distance bus terminal. They offer towels everyday. ;-) Staffs are very kind.

The top reason why I recommend this hostel is because of the staff. They gave us information left and right: directions to places around the city, the best way to travel to other parts of Sichuan, and booking a car to the airport for an early morning flight. The facilities are great as well - clean and a nice place to chill for the afternoon/evening. The food is a little pricy, as is the norm for hostels, but there are plenty of other places to eat close by. I'll be back again for sure!

Best hostel I've stayed in in China and one of the best anywhere else! My second stay and just as great as the first time, staff are fantastic, great location (right next to the biggest bus station in Chengdu and 15 minutes to the nearest metro) etc. My mum even accidentally left her jeans the first time and the staff took the trouble to mail them to us!! Definitely stay here, you won't regret it! Angela :)

Best staff, very good location if you plan to go outside Chengdu (which you should).

Thank you so much for the lovely review:) You are adorable .. ! Though you don't talk a lot ~~ Hope to see you soon in Chengdu Have fun travelling. Juan

« first « Prev 1 2 3