Chengdu Traffic Inn (Hostel) Reviews

#6 Lin Jiang Zhong Lu, Jing Jiang Districtu, Chengdu, China

Upgraded my six bed dorm to a three bed for free which was nice. I stayed in the hotel part. Very clean. A little annoying that the cleaning ladies opened my door three times the first morning I was there even though it said they don't clean unless asked. Food was good, staff helpful, common area chill. It is a bit of a walk once on final road - hostel is on the right almost at the end of the road before the bus station and next bridge. I'd stay again.

Excellent hostel. Everything was good except you can't be "noisy" after like 9pm. Drinks outside is not allowed after certain hours (depending on staff working at the time). Big group drinking late is a no no at this hostel. Even though there were so many travelers who were keen. But still, an awesome hostel.

I was a bit worried at first since it's so close to the bus stop, but it's tucked away behind some buildings which kept it quiet and safe. Clean dorm room and communal showers and toilets. Quiet and relaxing cafe with decent food. Pool table was fun addition. Location is central and close to many transportation options like bus and metro stations. Beds were clean and comfortable. I would definitely stay here again!

The hostel has a good location with the bus station but if you want to live in the center of Chengdu the location is not good. The common bathrooms and showers are to few, risk for queuing. The common areas are soso, but the food in the hostel is really good.

Nihao , Thank you for your lovely review. And we are glad you like our food. Just regarding to your review,our hostel is actually in the center of chengdu. Twenty minutes walk to Tianfu square, 15 minutes to main shopping center. As for the bathroom. There are bathrooms on everyone floor. I am sorry that we haven't told you before. Despite all of those , we are looking forward to seeing you again:) Traffic inn crew

everything amazing! the room was clean, big, great value of money, the staff very helpful :-)

The top reason why I recommend this hostel is because of the staff. They gave us information left and right: directions to places around the city, the best way to travel to other parts of Sichuan, and booking a car to the airport for an early morning flight. The facilities are great as well - clean and a nice place to chill for the afternoon/evening. The food is a little pricy, as is the norm for hostels, but there are plenty of other places to eat close by. I'll be back again for sure!

Best hostel I've stayed in in China and one of the best anywhere else! My second stay and just as great as the first time, staff are fantastic, great location (right next to the biggest bus station in Chengdu and 15 minutes to the nearest metro) etc. My mum even accidentally left her jeans the first time and the staff took the trouble to mail them to us!! Definitely stay here, you won't regret it! Angela :)

Best staff, very good location if you plan to go outside Chengdu (which you should).

Thank you so much for the lovely review:) You are adorable .. ! Though you don't talk a lot ~~ Hope to see you soon in Chengdu Have fun travelling. Juan

We chose to stay at the Traffic Inn because it was close to the bus to the Panda Research Center and the bus to Mt. Emei. We had a double room with private bathroom, and were disappointed with it. The room was clean but it smelled like sewage and the carpet was old and stained. The hostel has a garden but it's small and not very nice, and the building itself looks like it's falling apart. On top of everything, the bus to the pandas no longer stops near the hostel. Overall, it was not good.

Thanks for reviewing our hostel .We are sorry that you didn't have a pleasant stay in our hostel . All of our room are cleaned properly according to strict principle. I am sorry that you found bad smell in the room.As we have never got any guest complaint about this before. Thank you for letting us know. We will work on that. As for the garden.We often get guests comment that it is really nice area to chill . Maybe we just had BBQ party when you were here. It could be a bit messy. hope to see y

Staff speak good English and were very helpful! Food was also vey good!

I think the staff is excellent, especially Nicole, Carol, Juan and Mia.

Amazing staff and a great place to stay, I would definitely come back...

Thank you really for this great review!! We welcome you to come back ! See you soon ! traffic inn hostel crew

Very good location, next to tourist bus station. Best staff, always helpful, smiling and available (and cute!). About lower security rating: many lockers don't even require a key to open (broken locks, any key can open many lockers), and some concerns about water leaking close to power outlets

Very nice hostel, I'd recommend it for the location and the staff. Nicole was so gentle and helpful!

• 10th Jun 2014

Great stay and nice showers, downstairs. I would recommend this place to anyone.

hey.. how are you ? Thanks for the review. Have fun travelling. Hope to see you soon Traffic inn hostel crew

Very quiet place , but very convenient .The wifi inside room is really weak ... Hope next time it wil be improved . Veeeery close to the Xinnanmen bus station , which I can take bus to near by scenic spots outside chengdu , for sure next time will stay here again !

• 6th Jun 2014
  • China
  • All Male Group, 25-30

感谢您的评价。 欢迎下次入住

Stay here!! The staff are excellent, very helpful and friendly. They'll help you organise trips and tell you where the best places to party are! The rooms are large and the shared bathrooms are very clean. Make sure you get involved in the weekly BBQ to get to know other guests, some who are regulars at the weekend. The hostel is right next to the long distance bus station and the metro is a short walk away. What more could a backpacker want, make sure you visit!

Good value near city center at bus station for travel.

Had a great time at this hostel! best atmosphere in all the hostels ive stayed in, in China! and thats all thanks to the exceptionally helpful staff Nicole and Loretta, always there to answer questions and make you feel welcome! Had a great time in Chengdu thanks to them :)

Extremely clean shower/bathroom/bedroom, nice common area and bar, great location. The staff is very helpful and speaks very good English. A member of the staff did give me wrong directions to the Panda Research Center, but when I called them they made up for it by suggesting I took a cab and offering to pay for the cab ride.

« first « Prev 1 2 3