Chengdu Traffic Inn (Hostel) Reviews

#6 Lin Jiang Zhong Lu, Jing Jiang Districtu, Chengdu, China

It is one of the best hostels in Chengdu. Perfect location, good stuff, clean rooms. I would definitely recommend it.

• 26th Aug 2014
  • Ukraine

I thought the hostel was in a great area, and it had a great atmosphere. The cafe was pretty good and fairly priced. Overall I enjoyed the hostel and will probably stay there in the future, the only issue we had was my mother's kindle was stolen out of our room. We were in the individual rooms number 103-105, the windows look onto a roof and we thought we had locked the window and that it would be safe. Apparently not, but besides that small snafu the hostel was pretty great.

The hostel is just what i needed! After 2 weeks of hiking, bus, moving non stop, it was perfect to stay calm. The staff is nice and helpfull and you can book for many tours after the rest. So go there, it's just next to Xinnanmen station :)

• 20th Aug 2014

I lived there 4 days and I've spent a really wonderful time!staffs are good, roommates are friendly, I'm the only Chinese there I guess. I met an israel couple and they taught me a little hebrew, Which was amazing. Wonderful experiences, I will thoose here again if back to chengdu:D

• 19th Aug 2014
  • China

My mom loved that they had a western toilet option and that they gave us fairly nice towels to use. I love how close it is to Sichuan University and the metro is not too far away. Overall the atmosphere is great and the rooms are not too bad :D

Good location for buying tickets for and boarding the morning bus to Jiuzhaigou. Dealing with night staff was a mockery and the epitome of incompetence. Reservations were screwed up and follow-up service was dreadful. The rooms are tidy and the breakfast is good.

Very good atmosphere. Friendly, helpful, English speaking staff. Located near bus station. Soft beds.

Good location, good workers, toilet paper in the bathrooms. What more can you ask for? :P

Staff are spilt - some are exceptional and others are plain rude. Laundry is super expensive. Could do with a secure place for people to store passports etc. maybe it was quet when we were there, but wasn't bags of atmosphere. DVD room is a god send after being on the road :)

This hostel has the most unfriendly staff that I have experienced in China.When asking for advice how to get to Panda Research centre they wont explain what bus to take and tell me to do my own research.Food was terrible too from the restaurant.The hostel exterior could also do with some renovations. Worst hostel in China, I recommend to choose Flip Flop hostel rather!!

Very impressed with this hostel. Helpful and friendly staff, clean rooms with all the facilities you could want (towels, soap and in room wifi are a luxury at this price). The hostel is located right next to the main bus station which makes it perfect as a place to explore the surrounding area. Far better than the other "highly rated" hostels in chengdu.

Next time I'm in chengdu I'll stay here again--can't beat the location. The front desk girls were very nice and the food was decent. I think this place has surpassed Sim's cozy hostel (or hello chengdu I think it's called now) as the go-to hostel in Chengdu

I'm a frequent visitor to Traffic Inn Hostel, staying only here when in Chengdu. The location is perfect, the beds are divine, rooms are large & the English-speaking & friendly staff will warmly welcome you. Traffic Inn Hostel is easily & inexpensively reached by metro whether you arrive Chengdu by train at the main railway station or at Chengdu Dong (East) Station. The airport shuttle bus drops you within short walking distance as well. Repeat guests are remembered!

We had a private room, which was really nice and very good value. The shared bathrooms were spotless and the showers really nice. The food was some of the best hostel food we've had. The staff were friendly and helpful. Definitely recommend this place.

Staff is very helpfull with booking tickets and had lots of advice on tours. However we were told 3 hours were enough in Leshan, but as we wanted to see the Buddha up close we would have needed at least 2 hours more (due to cueing). We had to leave without the experience as we had already booked bus and train tickets through the hostel. Besides from that - super place to stay, great food considering the price and clean facilities. Would stay here again.

Really good hostel! We would recomend it to anyone. The rooms were nice and clean, and so were the shared bathrooms. The common area was a bit run down,BUT it didnt matter as the atmosphere was still really good. The staff was the best, very helpful with everything and very kind. They also spoke good english and enjoyed hanging out with the guests. :)

I have been travelling through China and Chengdu was my end destination. My last couple of days I stayed at the traffic inn hostel where the staff was very friendly and easy going. I was travelling alone, but in this hostel I never felt lonely due to the staff and the great people I met. The staff was always in for a chat and helped you with all kinds of things. The location was perfect and the rooms were very clean and decent. One of the best hostels so far in China.

I had a great experience at Traffic Inn. The facility was conducive to meet many travellers and good vibes throughout from the staff to fellow travellers. My only area for improvement are the shared washrooms, they were kept constantly clean, but were used often.

Super good hostel. Highly Recommended!

Upgraded my six bed dorm to a three bed for free which was nice. I stayed in the hotel part. Very clean. A little annoying that the cleaning ladies opened my door three times the first morning I was there even though it said they don't clean unless asked. Food was good, staff helpful, common area chill. It is a bit of a walk once on final road - hostel is on the right almost at the end of the road before the bus station and next bridge. I'd stay again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3