Chengdu Traffic Inn (Hostel) Reviews

#6 Lin Jiang Zhong Lu, Jing Jiang Districtu, Chengdu, China

We chose to stay at the Traffic Inn because it was close to the bus to the Panda Research Center and the bus to Mt. Emei. We had a double room with private bathroom, and were disappointed with it. The room was clean but it smelled like sewage and the carpet was old and stained. The hostel has a garden but it's small and not very nice, and the building itself looks like it's falling apart. On top of everything, the bus to the pandas no longer stops near the hostel. Overall, it was not good.

Thanks for reviewing our hostel .We are sorry that you didn't have a pleasant stay in our hostel . All of our room are cleaned properly according to strict principle. I am sorry that you found bad smell in the room.As we have never got any guest complaint about this before. Thank you for letting us know. We will work on that. As for the garden.We often get guests comment that it is really nice area to chill . Maybe we just had BBQ party when you were here. It could be a bit messy. hope to see y

Staff speak good English and were very helpful! Food was also vey good!

I think the staff is excellent, especially Nicole, Carol, Juan and Mia.

Amazing staff and a great place to stay, I would definitely come back...

Thank you really for this great review!! We welcome you to come back ! See you soon ! traffic inn hostel crew

Very good location, next to tourist bus station. Best staff, always helpful, smiling and available (and cute!). About lower security rating: many lockers don't even require a key to open (broken locks, any key can open many lockers), and some concerns about water leaking close to power outlets

Very nice hostel, I'd recommend it for the location and the staff. Nicole was so gentle and helpful!

• 10th Jun 2014

Great stay and nice showers, downstairs. I would recommend this place to anyone.

hey.. how are you ? Thanks for the review. Have fun travelling. Hope to see you soon Traffic inn hostel crew

Very quiet place , but very convenient .The wifi inside room is really weak ... Hope next time it wil be improved . Veeeery close to the Xinnanmen bus station , which I can take bus to near by scenic spots outside chengdu , for sure next time will stay here again !

• 6th Jun 2014
  • China
  • All Male Group, 25-30

感谢您的评价。 欢迎下次入住

Stay here!! The staff are excellent, very helpful and friendly. They'll help you organise trips and tell you where the best places to party are! The rooms are large and the shared bathrooms are very clean. Make sure you get involved in the weekly BBQ to get to know other guests, some who are regulars at the weekend. The hostel is right next to the long distance bus station and the metro is a short walk away. What more could a backpacker want, make sure you visit!

Good value near city center at bus station for travel.

Had a great time at this hostel! best atmosphere in all the hostels ive stayed in, in China! and thats all thanks to the exceptionally helpful staff Nicole and Loretta, always there to answer questions and make you feel welcome! Had a great time in Chengdu thanks to them :)

Extremely clean shower/bathroom/bedroom, nice common area and bar, great location. The staff is very helpful and speaks very good English. A member of the staff did give me wrong directions to the Panda Research Center, but when I called them they made up for it by suggesting I took a cab and offering to pay for the cab ride.

Very good hostel with an excellent staff, they were very helpful in organizing trips to Jiuzhaigou, the Panda Base and Dujiangyan. The common area is nice, the rooms are clean, I have no complaints whatsoever.

• 21st May 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

I have stayed in this hostel several times in the last year and would definitely recommend it! The rooms and shared bathrooms are always clean, the members of staff are friendly and speak good English, the hostel's location is quite central (20 minutes walk to the main square or 5 minutes walk to the subway station). The hostel has both an indoor and outdoor area where you can socialise with other people - they even have films that you can select and watch if you want to. Great value for money!

Best place to meet people in Chengdu! Good location, good rooms and a nice area with pool table to hang out, drink beer etc... Food is good as well. Very very friendly staff who does not only organise your whole trip for cheap money but also is good to talk with and even goes party with you !

• 14th May 2014

it was the best place to stay, because its close to the bus station and i had a bus to catch in the morning. i was happy to stay in a 4beds room without bunk-beds. :)

This is my third time here in the last four years and there's a good reason I keep coming back. The staff are very helpful. The rooms are kept quite clean (in fact, the dorm rooms and ensuite privates are leased from the hotel next door and come with full daily maid service – it's the only hostel dorm I've stayed in where the maid makes your bed each day!), it is easy to meet other travelers, both Chinese and foreigners, and there are plenty of good & cheap local eateries a few blocks away.

Thank you so much for your lovely review !

One of the best hostels I have been to. They spoke clear fluent english, which in China you hardly can find. Wifi worked inside my room. Great kitchen. Next to the bua station. Great advice too. Nore from airport it is bus 1. There is no 303. Qhwn bus arrives at a sidesrtreet walk ro rhe very big main blvd and turn lefy on it till you see the river

Thank you so much for your nice review. We are looking forward to seeing you next time in Chengdu. Traffic inn hostel will be your home in Chengdu :) Best Regards Traffic inn hostel crew

Great hostel I would highly recommend here to anyone

I had a very good time at Traffic Inn. Everyone was very friendly, the environment is clean, and they have a lot of information to make your trip easier to plan. They have a sizeable safe area to leave one's things when moving about, so I was able to keep my cello safe.

• 1st May 2014