Chengdu Traffic Inn (Hostel) Reviews

#6 Lin Jiang Zhong Lu, Jing Jiang Districtu, Chengdu, China

Had a great time at this hostel! best atmosphere in all the hostels ive stayed in, in China! and thats all thanks to the exceptionally helpful staff Nicole and Loretta, always there to answer questions and make you feel welcome! Had a great time in Chengdu thanks to them :)

Extremely clean shower/bathroom/bedroom, nice common area and bar, great location. The staff is very helpful and speaks very good English. A member of the staff did give me wrong directions to the Panda Research Center, but when I called them they made up for it by suggesting I took a cab and offering to pay for the cab ride.

Very good hostel with an excellent staff, they were very helpful in organizing trips to Jiuzhaigou, the Panda Base and Dujiangyan. The common area is nice, the rooms are clean, I have no complaints whatsoever.

• 21st May 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

I have stayed in this hostel several times in the last year and would definitely recommend it! The rooms and shared bathrooms are always clean, the members of staff are friendly and speak good English, the hostel's location is quite central (20 minutes walk to the main square or 5 minutes walk to the subway station). The hostel has both an indoor and outdoor area where you can socialise with other people - they even have films that you can select and watch if you want to. Great value for money!

Best place to meet people in Chengdu! Good location, good rooms and a nice area with pool table to hang out, drink beer etc... Food is good as well. Very very friendly staff who does not only organise your whole trip for cheap money but also is good to talk with and even goes party with you !

• 14th May 2014

it was the best place to stay, because its close to the bus station and i had a bus to catch in the morning. i was happy to stay in a 4beds room without bunk-beds. :)

This is my third time here in the last four years and there's a good reason I keep coming back. The staff are very helpful. The rooms are kept quite clean (in fact, the dorm rooms and ensuite privates are leased from the hotel next door and come with full daily maid service – it's the only hostel dorm I've stayed in where the maid makes your bed each day!), it is easy to meet other travelers, both Chinese and foreigners, and there are plenty of good & cheap local eateries a few blocks away.

Thank you so much for your lovely review !

One of the best hostels I have been to. They spoke clear fluent english, which in China you hardly can find. Wifi worked inside my room. Great kitchen. Next to the bua station. Great advice too. Nore from airport it is bus 1. There is no 303. Qhwn bus arrives at a sidesrtreet walk ro rhe very big main blvd and turn lefy on it till you see the river

Thank you so much for your nice review. We are looking forward to seeing you next time in Chengdu. Traffic inn hostel will be your home in Chengdu :) Best Regards Traffic inn hostel crew

Great hostel I would highly recommend here to anyone

I had a very good time at Traffic Inn. Everyone was very friendly, the environment is clean, and they have a lot of information to make your trip easier to plan. They have a sizeable safe area to leave one's things when moving about, so I was able to keep my cello safe.

• 1st May 2014
  • Spain

The enthusiastic staff and great atmosphere make this a great place to stay in Chengdu. There are tips and trips aplenty for the city and around and it's next to Chengdu's main bus station. A few minor negative points: Internet was a bit "on and off" (although I did just arrive from Seoul, so maybe it isn't fair to compare) and they could have a few more (shared) bathrooms and showers. The common room is amazing though.

Thank you for your suggestion. We have fixed our internet:) It won't be problem when you are here next time. And there are showers and bathrooms on every floor. I am sorry we didn't tell you in time before. We apologize for the inconvenience. Hope we will have a chance to have you stayed in our hostel next time . Best

I have stayed in a few hostels in Chengdu and this is by far my favourite. The staff are really friendly and go out of their way to help you, it's clean and a great location next to the bus station for day trips. The rooms are big and comfy with all the facilities you need. Will defiantly be going back.

I'm a repeat guest due to the guard-gate +location near Sichuan University, bus station, and riverside. Now urgently needs updating, has gone "downhill" especially the shabby double bedrooms and dreary hallways. Several large holes in the threadbare, not-so-clean bedsheets, dingy gray towels (please bleach, use detergent + hot water or replace. Linens look like car-washing rags! Roof leaks water in dining area and the food is awful, yet used to be good- what happened? Location only plus

i have been travelling to many places in China and staying in the hostel there. traffic inn is super special, the people there are nice and chengdu is my favourite city. i can tell this hostel is the best one in my hostel experience in china.so i definitely recommend you to stay there.

• 15th Apr 2014
  • China

Staff were incredibly friendly, we received a room upgrade for free. Staff willingly book train tickets for a fee, however, our tickets were booked incorrectly and we nearly missed our train.

Thank you reviewing for our hostel . For the train tickets, I have asked our staff.The train she booked for you was correct. The reason you couldn't exchange your tickets with the booking number was because the train station changed the policy on foreign passports . And we didn't receive any notice. They required full name instead of just the first name. In spite of the inconvenience. We hope you have enjoyed your stay here. Looking forward to seeing you soon

After travelling China for 5 months, TrafficINN has been the only hostel worth giving a review. The English speaking staff here are so helpful and energetic - any tours or day trips are taken care of by the staff and transportation and pickups are all from the front door! I was treated very well at this hostel and some nights I preferred to just stay here and lounge around with the staff and play a few friendly games of pool!

• 11th Apr 2014

This really is an amazing place, very conveniently located right next to one of Chengdu's long-distance bus stations and close to a subway exit. All the staff are super friendly and speak very good English. They're both helpful and really fun to hang with. To top it off they serve great breakfast/lunch/dinner at a reasonable price. I'd definetly stay here again.

Great hostel to meet people, only bad thing is slightly out of the way but handy if you're catching the train North chengdu station.

The floor was dirty.

• 29th Mar 2014
  • Thailand
  • Couple, 41+

All good, very convenient next to the long distance bus station!