Chester Backpackers Reviews

67 Boughton, Chester, England

Very far to walk to town, perhaps some buggy transport to town would be a great help. Kitchenette not cleaned up every day for guests to use.

• 5th Nov 2014
  • Malaysia

From the online website we were expecting twin beds and a tv. There was a wall stand in the room where there was once a tv. There was also bunkbeds. Not as described on website but still great value for money and we slept ok and the location was good.

• 1st Nov 2014
  • All Female Group, 41+

Does exactly what it says on the tin! PROS Danny on reception was incredibly helpful and made me feel welcome from the start. Clean and perfect location too. CONS Although clean the shower was poor. No pressure, more of a trickle.

• 24th Oct 2014

Good budget accommodation. Dan was a great help - even carried a bag to the top room for us. Closeness to city centre is a bonus. Construction work going on behind the building made it a bit hard to find at first. Enjoyable stay.

I stayed for a week and a few days not really knowing what to expect and I finished my stay in there gladly satisfied. The individual rooms are pretty clean and comfy, with an en-suite bathroom that has everything you need. The kitchen is fully equipped and you can use everything you like. The staff is very friendly and they are glad to help you with every need you may have. I definitely recommend this hostel.

• 7th Oct 2014
  • Spain

I cant remember his name but the guy that was working on reception was incredibly helpful and friendly. I have never stayed in a hostel before but would certainly do so again in the future.

• 4th Oct 2014

A very good youth hostel to spend a few days in Chester. Close to the train station and the city center.

• 19th Sep 2014

Chris, the young man running this hostel, is doing an excellent job. I would highly recommend this place to anyone looking for good value accommodation in a clean, well maintained environment.

Very friendly and helpful guy at the reception! Location is great, only a little walk to the main area. Only complain would be the bathroom facilities, only one bathroom for an 8 bed dorm can make it impossible to use.

a few points off for complete lack of water pressure in the shower and the heinous buzzing noise that came from the bathroom whenever you turned on the light (it kept going for 20 minutes after the light was turned off!) Other than that, a fantastic place to stay, such helpful and kind staff, very clean and just lovely.

Staff were lovely, location was also great :)

Some instructions on using the shower would have been useful. Took me ages to work it out and then I ended up showing the other girls how to do it!

• 20th Aug 2014

Very good location and friendly helpfull staff. ahostel needs a makeover especially needs new beds and mattresses.

Wonderful hostel in Chester I bet, especially hoster was a really kind for her guests. I'd like to recommend this hostel to you when you visit Chester. I think, Chester is a smail city but there are so many funny tourist attractions there, Thanks!!!

Fantastic place to stay, clean, friendly and the staff were fantastic. Would recommend Chester Backpackers to anyone, when we needed further nights stay the staff went out of their way to help and 2 night stay was turned into 6 .. Thank you Chester Backpackers for such a pleasurable experience. Situated in easy reach of everything you will need.

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • Couple, 41+

We stayed two nights and loved it! The staff (one guy) was wonderful! Incredibly accommodating, helpful!, always cleaning and friendly! The hostel had a very welcoming feel! Typical bunk beds but we had an ensuite!! The kitchen was clean and organized and the sitting area was very comfortable! With the exception of some road traffic it was quiet. Just a short scenic walk along the Groves to the centre of Chester. By far one of our favourite stays on our 3 week journey through the UK.

this was the 1st time I have ever stayed in a hostel, but it wont be the last, great location to the races and the city centre, shops, takeaways, and a great pub close by.we had a bunk bed room which did the job, we had own wc/ shower. you can bring your own food if you want, use all the facilities, leave your stuff in the fridge with your name on nothing went out of it, or just eat out, tea coffee provided, the place as just been taken over, so it will be getting done up, great stay

• 12th Jul 2014

Great stay. Close to the train station and a 5 minute walk to the city center. Would stay here again!

I had an awful stay here due to the heat in the room and the amount of noise. It was so loud I could hear the traffic through ear plugs and got no sleep. Staff and location were good but not good enough for me to recommend it.

• 18th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

The team at Chester Backpackers was wonderful! They were all so helpful and nice. It felt more like a bed and breakfast than a hostel.

• 17th Jun 2014