Chester Backpackers

Fabulous 392 Total Reviews

• England, Mixed Group, 41+
18th Feb 2017
8.0

Staff were friendly, helpful & courteous. Both rooms were clean & warm. The ensuite was very 'tight' tbh I am on the 'larger side' and it was a struggle getting through the space between the sink and the shower cubicle to access the toilet. Much laughter ensued! Decor throughout was a little shabby and could do with some updating. The communal area around the reception could do with a good tidy up and clean. However for £20 pppn we were prepared for basic accommodation.

• England, Female, 41+
17th Jan 2017
7.4

This place was originally a pub with rooms my first impression was it was like staying in someones house, my room was comfortable and clean. The young couple running it were friendly and helpful . They are attempting to upgrade the property. The kitchen in particular needs work on it . Owners said as only three people staying wasnt prepared to heat everywhere,not for 24hrs . Didnt expect 24hr heating Lounge cold in evenings had to wear coat. Gave me small heater for my room.

16th Jan 2017

Very friendly staff, quite relaxed. The building itself is a bit of maze. Very convenient location - just a ten minute walk to the station, and to the historic middle of the town. Good wi-fi throughout.

• Malaysia, Male, 25-30
16th Jan 2017

Chester backpackers is a lovely family run hostel. Located 10minute walk from the city centre and train station, and waitrose at the back. Its location is just convenient and conducive. Chris the hostel owner is warm, welcoming and friendly. Makes you feel right at home the moment you arrive. Facilities are good. The exterior of the building maybe unassuming but dont let that out you off. Chris and his family are doing a fantastic job keepingthe rooms clean, comfy. Defo A++

• Wales, Female, 31-40
31st Dec 2016

The manager did everything possible on checking us in to put a group of 3 together, as there was no availability online whilst booking. The hostel is convenient to the Centre of Chester and about 8 mins from the station walk! This was the cleanest hostel I have ever stayed in and would recomend this to anyone! I couldnt thank Chris the manager enough for his hospitality as we didnt see him the next morning! Massive thanks and we will be back for sure 👍

Hello and thank you for your very positive review, it sounds like you all had a good time! I'm sorry for not caching you guys on your way out. I must admit the New Years evening had taking its toll on me :) I hope you all have a great 2017 and hopefully me and the family will see you again soon! Kind regards, Chris

• Romania, Male, 25-30
6th Dec 2016

Good location . Great hosts .

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and I really appreciate your comments. Maybe we will see you again in the future but all best for now! Kind regards Chris

19th Nov 2016

Real friendly people stay again for sure

• England, Male, 41+
21st Oct 2016

Friendly, flexible and economical. I have stayed here before - it is so convenient for the station and the rest of the city. There is the same relaxed atmosphere (management has changed over the years), continuing improvements and a very comfortable night's sleep.

• England, Female, 25-30
28th Sep 2016

I stay here whenever I go into Chester. It's a great family-run hostel with a convenient location. Staff are friendly and helpful, it's clean and secure, and very good value.

• England, Male, 41+
25th Sep 2016

As a 'golden oldie' I found this place ideal. It's not five star but it's a very acceptable place to stay for a competetive price. It's clean, warm and the facilities are suficient. The staff are very friendly and helpful. There are shops for food along teh road - or you can call in at Waitrose! I really enjoyed my stay.