Chester Backpackers Reviews

67 Boughton, Chester, England

Very good location and friendly helpfull staff. ahostel needs a makeover especially needs new beds and mattresses.

Wonderful hostel in Chester I bet, especially hoster was a really kind for her guests. I'd like to recommend this hostel to you when you visit Chester. I think, Chester is a smail city but there are so many funny tourist attractions there, Thanks!!!

Fantastic place to stay, clean, friendly and the staff were fantastic. Would recommend Chester Backpackers to anyone, when we needed further nights stay the staff went out of their way to help and 2 night stay was turned into 6 .. Thank you Chester Backpackers for such a pleasurable experience. Situated in easy reach of everything you will need.

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • Couple, 41+

We stayed two nights and loved it! The staff (one guy) was wonderful! Incredibly accommodating, helpful!, always cleaning and friendly! The hostel had a very welcoming feel! Typical bunk beds but we had an ensuite!! The kitchen was clean and organized and the sitting area was very comfortable! With the exception of some road traffic it was quiet. Just a short scenic walk along the Groves to the centre of Chester. By far one of our favourite stays on our 3 week journey through the UK.

this was the 1st time I have ever stayed in a hostel, but it wont be the last, great location to the races and the city centre, shops, takeaways, and a great pub close by.we had a bunk bed room which did the job, we had own wc/ shower. you can bring your own food if you want, use all the facilities, leave your stuff in the fridge with your name on nothing went out of it, or just eat out, tea coffee provided, the place as just been taken over, so it will be getting done up, great stay

• 12th Jul 2014

Great stay. Close to the train station and a 5 minute walk to the city center. Would stay here again!

I had an awful stay here due to the heat in the room and the amount of noise. It was so loud I could hear the traffic through ear plugs and got no sleep. Staff and location were good but not good enough for me to recommend it.

• 18th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

The team at Chester Backpackers was wonderful! They were all so helpful and nice. It felt more like a bed and breakfast than a hostel.

• 17th Jun 2014

Very friendly staff, conveniently located to train station - would stay here again.

all was good for us thanks

There was a smell from mens toilets. Toilets were in basement. I feld in 18 bed dormitory like a prison. Kitchen should have better tables for visitors. Only to this hostel I never come again.

the hostel was basic but value for money

• 5th May 2014

Friendly welcome, adequate facilities, and a short walk to town and station. Recommended.

• 4th May 2014

Clean, comfortable hostel, good value for money. It's a bit dark and the surroundings are not exactly atmospheric, but it is very close to town, there is a convenience store just down the road from it, and the staff are very nice and helpful.

Good for what we needed