Chester Backpackers Reviews

67 Boughton, Chester, England

Great value, and location, clean room and bathroom, that's all you need!

• 6th Dec 2014

staff welcoming, helpful, laid back and efficient, a difficult mix to achieve, so hats off. places usually reflect the people who run them, so this venue highly recommended. clean, warm, no-frills comfortable and homey. food storage, washing machine, kettle etc., all that good stuff. more than happy to stay there again.

• 24th Nov 2014

I really enjoyed my time at Chester backpackers. The staff were so helpful and friendly. They made me feel welcome and comfortable which radiated a family type vibe. I definitely recommend it. There wasn't too many people when I was there but they had room for a great atmosphere if needed. Location was great as it was an easy route to the hostel from the train station and into town.

This was a nice hostel. Lindsay gave you a walk around the Hostel to let you know where everything is located. The hostel is only a short walk away from the bus and train stations (roughly 15mins max) . Waitrose is right next door.

Excellent hostel, very good location not far from the city center. The people who work there are very nice and helpful.

Daniel really makes an effort to make every guest comfortable. He was extremely helping. The hostel was really clean. My stay was quite pleasant.

Very far to walk to town, perhaps some buggy transport to town would be a great help. Kitchenette not cleaned up every day for guests to use.

• 5th Nov 2014
  • Malaysia

From the online website we were expecting twin beds and a tv. There was a wall stand in the room where there was once a tv. There was also bunkbeds. Not as described on website but still great value for money and we slept ok and the location was good.

• 1st Nov 2014
  • All Female Group, 41+

Does exactly what it says on the tin! PROS Danny on reception was incredibly helpful and made me feel welcome from the start. Clean and perfect location too. CONS Although clean the shower was poor. No pressure, more of a trickle.

• 24th Oct 2014

Good budget accommodation. Dan was a great help - even carried a bag to the top room for us. Closeness to city centre is a bonus. Construction work going on behind the building made it a bit hard to find at first. Enjoyable stay.

I stayed for a week and a few days not really knowing what to expect and I finished my stay in there gladly satisfied. The individual rooms are pretty clean and comfy, with an en-suite bathroom that has everything you need. The kitchen is fully equipped and you can use everything you like. The staff is very friendly and they are glad to help you with every need you may have. I definitely recommend this hostel.

• 7th Oct 2014
  • Spain

I cant remember his name but the guy that was working on reception was incredibly helpful and friendly. I have never stayed in a hostel before but would certainly do so again in the future.

• 4th Oct 2014

A very good youth hostel to spend a few days in Chester. Close to the train station and the city center.

• 19th Sep 2014

Chris, the young man running this hostel, is doing an excellent job. I would highly recommend this place to anyone looking for good value accommodation in a clean, well maintained environment.

Very friendly and helpful guy at the reception! Location is great, only a little walk to the main area. Only complain would be the bathroom facilities, only one bathroom for an 8 bed dorm can make it impossible to use.

a few points off for complete lack of water pressure in the shower and the heinous buzzing noise that came from the bathroom whenever you turned on the light (it kept going for 20 minutes after the light was turned off!) Other than that, a fantastic place to stay, such helpful and kind staff, very clean and just lovely.

Staff were lovely, location was also great :)

Some instructions on using the shower would have been useful. Took me ages to work it out and then I ended up showing the other girls how to do it!

• 20th Aug 2014

Very good location and friendly helpfull staff. ahostel needs a makeover especially needs new beds and mattresses.

Wonderful hostel in Chester I bet, especially hoster was a really kind for her guests. I'd like to recommend this hostel to you when you visit Chester. I think, Chester is a smail city but there are so many funny tourist attractions there, Thanks!!!