Chester Backpackers Reviews

67 Boughton, Chester, England

Had a very enjoyable stay. Convenient location near the centre of Chester, cooking and laundry facilities, and much appreciated complementary coffee and tea available 24/7. Some of the friendliest staff I've ever met, especially Chris who really made our stay worthwhile. I have no complaints about this hostel and would certainly recommend it.

• 5th Feb 2016

I will defo stay again.

• 19th Dec 2015

essentially arrived 2 a bit of a dinghy big room. Inhabited by a guy who was unstable...& was removed c/o police ...during my stay...thankfully...I was not around. the Hostel was being used as a last post for this guy...who waz being very confrontational & generally an unpredictable temperament. thankfully he did not get unduly aggressive with me. but he should have been dealt with far ...sooner & police/social services brought in. mirrors in washrooms & a shelf 4 wash gear pliz

• 3rd Dec 2015
  • Scotland

Very clean hostel, staff were very welcoming and friendly, made you feel as if you were family and staying in their home. Loved how close the hostel was to everything!

No breakfast, dorms really stinky, no facilities in the dorm, and bathroom really disgusting...

A good budget hostel in a great location. Chris was fantastic - gave some useful advice/information and was really accommodating, letting us come drop our bags off early and pick them up when it was convenient for us. He couldn't have been more helpful!

• 7th Nov 2015

Upon my arrival, I was shown by a not very friendly lady to the dorm, where the reality began to sink in: "OMG, WTF did I just pay for?!" She told me that all the lower bunks where taken, and that I was stuck with the upper ones (I am a large dude with a bad leg), before she went MIA. I found the room suffocatingly small and not very clean, and there was no lock on the bathroom door. The WiFi didn't connect for me either. What did I do? Learnt a valuable lesson in economics and called for a cab!

• 4th Nov 2015
  • Iran

Really nice hostel, great location and friendly staff! I would recomend

I had a very pleasant stay at this nice, quiet hostel. The operator of the business was very friendly. The location is very handy - only a few minutes walk to the station and city walls. I will be staying here again.

• 10th Oct 2015
  • Starkiller1
  • New Zealand

I liked that is felt family run. I felt like I was being looked after and not anonymous.

I would like to say that I enjoyed my stay at Backpackers. Chris the manager was a really good help and the Hostel is near all the sites. Kitchen is clean and so are the rooms! Id stay here again if visiting Chester

Staff on hand made you very welcome . Good nights sleep easy access from train station and all amenities great for over night or break in city x

• 2nd Oct 2015
  • Scotland

Don't go if you arrive at the evening!! I booked for one night, I arrived at 9:30 (the website advice check in is until 10 pm so everything was fine NORMALLY). Nobody was there, knocking, ringing, nobody, I had to find an hotel at the last minute! Je déconseille si vous arrivez en soirée. J'ai réservé pour une nuit, arrivée à 21h30 (avant la fermeture du check in) et porte close, personne ne répond ni à l'interphone ni au téléphone. J'ai du chercher un hotel au dernier moment!!!

Very nice host!

Very friendly and accommodating. Would stay again.

• 20th Sep 2015

I stayed here one night and booked late so it was fairly good value for money. It was very well located, close to the city centre and easy to find. The staff were friendly and helpful. The hostel was pretty clean and the beds comfortable. My only issues were the wifi wasn't the greatest and the place seemed a bit tired. Good for a short stay in Chester.

I had a great stay. Staff were friendly and helpful and the hostel had a good atmosphere.

Thank you for scoring us 100%. I'm glad you enjoyed your time here,it was a real pleasure to meet you. I hope you had a safe journey! Kind regards