Chester Backpackers Reviews

67 Boughton, Chester, England

just the place for a much needed cheap bed thanks

• 23rd Apr 2015
  • US Virgin Islands

Good location. Only 7 minutes walk to the wall. Plenty of space to socialise including a terrace. I would definitely stay there again.

Lindsay is the most helpful host, don´t hesitate to ask her for anything you need, she´s always ready and jolly; the hostel was, for me, perfect, just a short walk from everything in the centre, silent at night and I could use the showers and leave my luggage even after check up. That was very helpful. Tea and iron facilities made a little happy difference for my interview day! :D

Nice and helpful staff. Central location. Strong Wi-Fi! Highly recommended!

The only thing that really annoyed me was that bedsheets were not clean, they seemed to be the same than the last costumer used and that is disgusting. But staff was really nice and is like being in your house. Well, and the price of the room is expensive, but Chester in general is. So I guess is still a good option.

Great value, and location, clean room and bathroom, that's all you need!

• 6th Dec 2014

staff welcoming, helpful, laid back and efficient, a difficult mix to achieve, so hats off. places usually reflect the people who run them, so this venue highly recommended. clean, warm, no-frills comfortable and homey. food storage, washing machine, kettle etc., all that good stuff. more than happy to stay there again.

• 24th Nov 2014

I really enjoyed my time at Chester backpackers. The staff were so helpful and friendly. They made me feel welcome and comfortable which radiated a family type vibe. I definitely recommend it. There wasn't too many people when I was there but they had room for a great atmosphere if needed. Location was great as it was an easy route to the hostel from the train station and into town.

This was a nice hostel. Lindsay gave you a walk around the Hostel to let you know where everything is located. The hostel is only a short walk away from the bus and train stations (roughly 15mins max) . Waitrose is right next door.