Chester Backpackers Reviews

67 Boughton, Chester, England

Good for what we needed

• 22nd Mar 2014

Good place if youre on a small budget or on looking for a place to crash for a night.

• 26th Oct 2013
  • India

was an ok hostel, in a good location. there was a kitchen which was good, but the bathrooms were disgusting and there were no mirrors. also, there was no atmosphere, mainly because there were a whole lot of very young children running around the common area. the staff were good and did try to get going but it didnt happen. it wasnt a terrible place to stay but it certainly wasnt great.

The hostel had just came under new owner ship when we stayed and so was in the middle of some work. Staff were great but there was no atmosphere on a Saturday night and we didn't get any hot water.

Need more cats in the establishment.

• 14th Aug 2013

Do not stay here! Dirties hostel I have ever stayed in! I refused to have a shower for three days because there facilities where so bad, the rooms come with dirty sheets and riped mattresses, the kitchen was full of garbage bags and smelt awful. Not to mention the awful service. Would not recommend anyone to stay here! You are better off sleeping on the street, it would be cleaner than this hostel

• 12th Aug 2013

The location was great. Friendly staff. But the rooms were not very clean. I felt miserable.I would pay more and stay in a better place next time.

A really dirty hostel, the worst I have seen in my life. Although one of the staff members trys his best, it's clear that the hostel hasn't been cleaned deeply for ages. The kitchen discussting. The showers as well.

self catering kitchen had poor facilities and was very dirty. A lot of doors of showers and toilets couldn't been locked good.

• 23rd Jul 2013

Our self catering kitchen is fantastic and very clean! All our doors have locks on them!

Looks quite worn out, but it was an okay stay, good facilities and an okay atmosphere.

I booked a all female room and the first night I was there they moved a girl out of another room and into our room. I heardthe lady that apparently worked there say that they do separate male/female rooms for our own safety. But then thenext night there was 2 guys in the "all female" room.

This hostel was disgusting! Linens were so dirty, the room was so dirty.... It was weird that one person from staff was waiting for you in the corner of street. There were no check-out, no wifi there were nothing good! I hope I don't need to go to Chester again because this is the only hostel in the city! I will rather sleep on the street. This was definitely the worst hostel where we have ever stayed and we have stayed in many hostels!!

The hostel was adequate for the price and the staff were helpful. Fine for anyone on a budget.

• 9th Jul 2013

Verry friendly staff, local and clean.

Very happy with my stay in Chester, location was very central and could walk anywhere. Would have loved to have stayed another night to explore more, but they where fully booked for the races.

There was something wrong with hostelworld.com when I made my booking so it didn't get throw to the hostel but I called them and they were really helpful and made some arrangements so that we were able to arrive to Chester quite late and still get a room in last minute, sort of. Nice place, I'm definitely going back there!

Great kitchen and terrace area, close to town.

Free parking near the hostel

• 12th Apr 2013
  • Spain

No one to meet my arrival; I phoned the duty manager on the number shown on the front door. He gave me the access code and told me that my room key was in the lock (I booked a private en suite). The bedroom and shower room were totally enclosed in the building, with no window and no access to fresh air!! Next morning I was checking out, but there were no staff in the building. I had to phone the manager again. He asked me to put £20 under the office door with the room key.Good job I had a phone!

We are a 2 star hostel NOT a 5 star hotel. That room is fantastic for the £22.50 you paid for it and a dorm bed in a YHA would cost you significantly MORE ! Its is freshly decorated, has a TV and DVD player, free wifi, memory foam mattress and lots of pillows!

Friendly atmosphere, clean environment, good area near town and train station.

• 7th Apr 2013