Chester Backpackers Reviews

67 Boughton, Chester, England

this was the 1st time I have ever stayed in a hostel, but it wont be the last, great location to the races and the city centre, shops, takeaways, and a great pub close by.we had a bunk bed room which did the job, we had own wc/ shower. you can bring your own food if you want, use all the facilities, leave your stuff in the fridge with your name on nothing went out of it, or just eat out, tea coffee provided, the place as just been taken over, so it will be getting done up, great stay

• 12th Jul 2014

Great stay. Close to the train station and a 5 minute walk to the city center. Would stay here again!

I had an awful stay here due to the heat in the room and the amount of noise. It was so loud I could hear the traffic through ear plugs and got no sleep. Staff and location were good but not good enough for me to recommend it.

• 18th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

The team at Chester Backpackers was wonderful! They were all so helpful and nice. It felt more like a bed and breakfast than a hostel.

• 17th Jun 2014

Very friendly staff, conveniently located to train station - would stay here again.

all was good for us thanks

There was a smell from mens toilets. Toilets were in basement. I feld in 18 bed dormitory like a prison. Kitchen should have better tables for visitors. Only to this hostel I never come again.

the hostel was basic but value for money

• 5th May 2014

Friendly welcome, adequate facilities, and a short walk to town and station. Recommended.

• 4th May 2014

Clean, comfortable hostel, good value for money. It's a bit dark and the surroundings are not exactly atmospheric, but it is very close to town, there is a convenience store just down the road from it, and the staff are very nice and helpful.

Good for what we needed

• 22nd Mar 2014

Good place if youre on a small budget or on looking for a place to crash for a night.

• 26th Oct 2013
  • India

was an ok hostel, in a good location. there was a kitchen which was good, but the bathrooms were disgusting and there were no mirrors. also, there was no atmosphere, mainly because there were a whole lot of very young children running around the common area. the staff were good and did try to get going but it didnt happen. it wasnt a terrible place to stay but it certainly wasnt great.

The hostel had just came under new owner ship when we stayed and so was in the middle of some work. Staff were great but there was no atmosphere on a Saturday night and we didn't get any hot water.

Need more cats in the establishment.

• 14th Aug 2013

Do not stay here! Dirties hostel I have ever stayed in! I refused to have a shower for three days because there facilities where so bad, the rooms come with dirty sheets and riped mattresses, the kitchen was full of garbage bags and smelt awful. Not to mention the awful service. Would not recommend anyone to stay here! You are better off sleeping on the street, it would be cleaner than this hostel

• 12th Aug 2013

The location was great. Friendly staff. But the rooms were not very clean. I felt miserable.I would pay more and stay in a better place next time.

A really dirty hostel, the worst I have seen in my life. Although one of the staff members trys his best, it's clear that the hostel hasn't been cleaned deeply for ages. The kitchen discussting. The showers as well.

self catering kitchen had poor facilities and was very dirty. A lot of doors of showers and toilets couldn't been locked good.

• 23rd Jul 2013

Our self catering kitchen is fantastic and very clean! All our doors have locks on them!

Looks quite worn out, but it was an okay stay, good facilities and an okay atmosphere.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7