Chester Hotel Reviews

27-29 Longmoore Street, Victoria, London, England

We had a great stay here! We stayed in a triple en suite room, very nicely presented, with most things you could ask for inside; comfy beds, tea&coffee, well working showers... We used our room just to sleep pretty much, so it was not an issue that it was on the small side. The 24-hour reception made us feel safe. The staff were polite and helpful. Having free Wi-Fi and the luggage storage option was perfection. For the very cheap price we paid and the awesome location, this was a top choice! :)

There is no kitchen or a living room. You can make tea or coffee in your room and eat in your bed (rooms are really small). There are many cafes around so they serve no breakfast either.

Damp on all walls, room resembled a bathroom rather than bedroom, in fact I'm sure it was originally a bathroom that has had a makeshift bed shoved in it. windows not closing properly hence poor security, staff surly, no curtains or any kind of closing on windows - even if rooms went for £10 a night I would never stay there again or recommend anyone to stay here.

• 30th Apr 2014
  • Scotland

they were refurbishing and the paint was everywhere, I could just not breathe but they were super friendly and issued me a cancelation.

The best thing about this hostel is the location, the rooms so small and was not clean like it;s should be, I had a room with bath..ect but It was not like the photos they put it online , beside the view of the window was terrible .

• 13th Mar 2014
  • Iceland

Location of the hotel is Excellent, very close to a lot of the main attraction in London. Quite a few restaurants, cafes and shops near by which is good if you want something quick. The hotel was on a nice quiet street. However if other residents are loud you can hear them and it can be annoying/disturbing. Overall the room was a good size.

• 26th Jan 2014

The bathroom was so small and poor, like a cabin of an aeroplane. It was clean, at least our bedroom situated on the top of the flat (3º floor without lift) because another family who booked a room on ground floor or maybe a room downstairs they discuss with recepcionist (talking about how small bedroom is, dirty...). Maybe we were lucky on our vacancy but if you can booked the last floor (that bedroom was for 4 people).

• 12th Dec 2013
  • Spain

I'll try to keep it short. #1 They should really say that their rooms are REALLY small so its not a shocker when you try to get in. #2 Who gets the idea to wash all the carpets in the hotel at the same time!!, and then you get all the rooms with wet carpet!!! you can't even take off your shoes!!. #3 My room (#7) had a horrible smell coming out of the bathroom!! Why can't they fix that!!. #4 Hairs on the blankets, mold in the bathroom, no high dusting. Clean the f... place you guys!!

• 21st Nov 2013
  • Mexico

My 'room' was a windowless basement cell. I was shocked when I was told this was my room. A thin wall separated me from the share bathroom which was horrible. I've stayed in much better for much less. Staff seemed uninterested and dull. Definitely won't be back.

I booked a single basic room + shared bathroom. It was very (very, very!) small but it was what the description says it was: "a box room". The room was clean, the towel too and the bed was comfortable enough. Bathroom was clean and in this small room I had internet, kettle, tea/coffee/milk, TV and heater! So not bad in my opinion! Location wise, it is just perfect! 5-10 minutes walk to Victoria and lots of restaurant nearby + a massive Sainsbury’s. Good value for money.

I THINK THAT THE ROOM IS SO SMALL AND WHEN I WANTED TO SLEEP I FOUND SOME THINGS UNDER THE BLANKET

• 24th Jun 2010
  • Saudi Arabia

Very small rooms, at least the one I stayed.

The hotel is currently undergoing renovations so there is a bit of mess around but it is restrained. The room wasn't big enough to swing a cat in - the bathroom door didnt even open fully cos it hit the bed. The bathroom had been done up very nicely though. Located about a 5 minute walk from Victoria station so location was great.

2 nights, Shower quite small, but all in all "ok" to stay there to visit London for a short time. Other guests arriving at night had problems (with the staff) to come in, even though their credit card had been charged ... i don´t know what happened, but be a little bit careful anyway ...

It's because I stayed in the single room with private bathroom, I think the average is not bad. But there is a little thing can improve is the room cleanliness.

There was a slight problem with the room not being ready, but the hotel staff were very accommodating and let mehave the room for nothing. Good customer service.

We enjoyed our stay at the chester hotel merely for the location- only a 2min walk from Victoria station and it was around the corner from a sainburies and local cafes/restaurants. Things that weren\'t so great were the shared bathroom which was always dirty and never had any toilet roll as we had to ask for some several times. Also our bedroom was only just big enough to fit a double bed in with room to squeeze around the side (no exageration). The staff weren\'t very helpful and our room was not cleaned before we arrived, all it needed was a hoover. If you are just looking for a bed for a few nights in a great location then this will be fine for you, but not if you want to stay in a decent hotel.

The hostel is a bit hard to find initially. There is a supermarket just around the corner and lots of cafés and restaurants near by. Nice place, just needs to be maintained a bit better.

the room is very small, no space to open my luggage pack.Very thin walls, you can hear people passing your room. The cleaningless is just average. It needs about 15 minutes walk to the victoria station. Frustrated when you see so many hotels closer than yours along the way. And wanted to charge us for storage of luggage when we want to check out and go out for lunch. I was disappointed to get such a room and service with such a cost.

We are only 5 minutes walk from Victoria Train and Coach Stations.

staff were very helpful, great location!