Chez Kiki Reviews

No. 24, WuFu 1st St., Sinsing District, Kaohsiung, Taiwan

A very comfortable stay in a cosy and nicely decorated hostel. The owners were very friendly providing their own maps and useful information about the area. The shower was fantastic and they also offered a strong wi-fi signal. The only disappointments were the mosquitoes which kept us up all night and the heat. Whilst their was an air conditioner in the room, there was no remote. The assistance they gave us finding parking and all the amenities they offered would have us staying there again.

• 5th Apr 2014

Hi Alicia : Thank you for your visiting. We are very sorry about the the mosquitoes. It is always an issue in Kaohsiung. We've been trying multiple solutions. Now the problem is almost solved. We promise you will not suffer next time you come : ) As the remote, it is always in the drawer of the desk of the room. We are sorry you did not notice it and we could not be able to let you know on time. We really appreciate your positive review and looking forward to have you here again : )

Good location. Few minutes walk from the bus stop. Easy access to everything. Room was clean and has enough space. Good sized security box. Living room was comfortable. The owner Nato is very kind and helpful. When I checked in, he gave me maps with great information (it seems they made them by themselves) and I could find good restaurant or cafe etc. Perfect hostel.

• 30th Mar 2014
  • Japan

I really liked the atmosphere over the Chez Kiki Hostel in Kaohsiung, I didn't even feel that I was staying in a backpackers' inn -- it felt like I was staying in a house. Nato and his dog Kiki were very hospitable and helpful. Nato had identified all the good yet cheap restaurants in the area, and gave tips on how to spend my two precious days in Kaohsiung. I will definitely stay here again, if given a chance.

Good location, comfortable environment, friendly staff, everything is wonderful. I love CHEZ KIKI hostel. I still will choose here next time.

I took a bus from Kaoshiong railway station and the place was much easier to find than I expected. I started off exploring the city right after I unloaded my stuff and got some good tips from Nato. The quiet and peaceful night I got when I returned was truely a pleasant surprise. The living room was cozy and with many arty details. It would be very relaxing when you turn on the music and just lie in the bean bag.

Wonderful hostel, we felt at home at Chez KiKi. My mum and I enjoyed return home after a day out in beautiful Kaohsiung.

Chez Kiki was absolutely wonderful! The staff went out of their way to help us find vegetarian food nearby and gave us tons of great recommendations for sight-seeing in Kaoshiung. The hostel was clean and stylish. It has been the best hostel we've stayed in so far in Taiwan!

The staff, atmosphere and facilities definitely make it feel like a home rather than a hostel. Everything is well thought-out and it has everything you need. I hope to be back in Kaohsiung soon and stay at this hostel again.

Wonderful hostel. Very friendly owner who helped us organise our activities in the city. Great vibe. Cute dog (Kiki)

Nice environment! It was good and comfort to stay there.

If I could give a higher rating for Staff and Atmosphere I really would! I LOVE Chez Kiki! I want to live there! It's a little difficult to find, but once you do, you'll never forget it. Nato is a great help in planning and making sure you're okay. They did a good job in keeping communication with me before, during and after my stay. They also give you a map of the area with suggested restaurants and stores which tourists and local people like! I was so lucky to be able to stay at Chez Kiki!!

very nice place with nice people

Very nice and detailed decorated. I like the atmosphere here very much, you can tell owner's interests and characteristics from the space. If you like art, music or coffee, I would high recommend you to stay here. The hosts are very friendly, and they would be more than happy to introduce you some good dinners and cafes around the area.

It is the cutest hostel I ever stay, absolutely gonna come back. This place feels like home, it is a cozy and relaxing. Nato is being like a friend, very helpful and talkative, he will give you different recommendation of where you should visit depend on what do you like. The hand made map is really cute.

A nice hostel that make people feeling warm to stay there. Easy to make friends there as people are feeling relax in the atmosphere~

Owner was really nice and helpful, location was really good and close to everything, really like the map they made for us, so useful. Give it a try guys, it's really nice :)

Great hostel,cozy,comfy,clean and comfortable. Chez KiKi is a sweet place with many drawing by traveler and many postcard they send to KiKi share there story. The staffs are excellent,helpful and knowledgeable.They can suggest you great idea traveling in Kaohsiung. Highly recommend KiKi! You can enjoy your vacation in Kaohsiung, in Chez KiKi!

Very friendly, cozy little hostel. Feels like a home. Nato the owner is extremely helpful and speaks excellent English. Highly recommended. Thanks for everything Nato!

Love the book collection, definitely want to come back and finish the readings!

• 16th Nov 2013