Chhaya Hotel Reviews

No. 118, Street,3, Svaypor, Battambang, Cambodia

Chhaya was a suitable place albeit loud due to the funeral going on downstairs for three days straight. Dorms decent and clean. No atmosphere but hey, it's $2. No tp in bathroom. Blankets included but not towels. Staff friendly enough.

Chhaya Hotel is amazing value for money. My single room was a good size and the bathroom clean enough. It was priced so reasonably and the staff were extremely helpful. While I was there I was the only European and it was almost entirely full of young Cambodians - ?students. They were quiet and no problem whatsoever, but, for example, it was not possible to share conversation in the lobby. The internet could have been better too and generally I went elsewhere to go online.

Average to good in most ways. But my bed was invaded by many ants.

Staff very helpful and friendly. $5 dollars a night for single person with 2 twin beds and private bath. $2 dollars per night for dorm. Rooms very clean. Close to everything including River walk. Highly recommend.

• 16th Apr 2014

Unfriendly staff, who doesn't speak English well (even though they advertise with it...). When I arrived my reservation was lost and I was offered to stay in a dorm (reservation for a single room). Absolutely no attempt to find the reservation. The room had no window and was really smelt really really damp. In the end you get what you ve pead for I gues. I ended up not sleeping there.

• 13th Apr 2014

The room looks like an hospital room, without window ( there was one but we had to keep curtains closed as it gives on the corridor). However looking at the room rate, which is above concurrency, you get what you payed for. We stayed tjere one night.

This hotel was unfortunatly not a good choice. First we wanted a dorm however because of questionable roommates we changed to a dobble room. Unclean rooms, dirty bath and ants behind the beds. Questionnable clients, staff speak almost no english. For 1 night it was ok for that price. Go to center cafe next street. Great food and rooms for the same price. almost no english.

• 5th Feb 2014
  • Switzerland

After checking in early in the morning I spent the whole day out, when I returned they had given my room away