Chhaya Hotel Reviews

No. 118, Street,3, Svaypor, Battambang, Cambodia

They promised a free pickup service from the bus station. I waited 20 minutes but no one showed up. When I got there (by tuk-tuk) they said that the dorm was full and tried to sell me a more expensive private room. After some arguing I got my dorm bed (there was three empty beds so definitely not full) and it turned out it was just a mattress on the stone floor. If you're on a cheap budget it's definitely worth staying here. If not there's way better places in town for just a dollar/night more!

Staff not very eager to help, only when selling bus tickets that I always buy in the station (don't feel like paying extra fees instead of walking a few meters). Great location

Good price and room was clean. Location is good but there is no atmosphere as it's more of a hotel/apartment. Wifi was really bad but the staff refused to believe it.

cheap, easy and a great place to stay in Battambang.

You get what you pay, but I think you get a lot here for the price of private room. Not the most luxurious, but at this price I have no complaints.

The hotel is very basic but amazing value for money and the location couldn't be better.

Is a cheap place for a few nights. They did not pick me up at thr bus stop and when I arrived the tuk tuk driver laughed at me because I walked. Saying is really close, so is fine if I walked.

What to expected a room with 2.5usd? The room so far is big enough until we open fan to maximum.the dust from fan is everywhere.it is okay if you dont mind.we book van from the hotel to bangkok.the staff saying 15usd at the beginning and become 16usd.it is small matter. He then tell us the destination is khaosan road.we dont know where are us when our arrival at bangkok.dont ever choose this if you have budget for better one.

• 30th Jan 2015
  • Malaysia
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Very basic, but the privates are a good deal- expect what you pay for

Very cheap so can't complain, basic stay if that's what you are after.

Chhaya Hotel is simple but good! You really get what you pay for, in this case somewhere to stay. I stayed in a dorm witch was very small and without saffety lockers. The staff was really friendly and helpfull so if you just want it simple for 1 night or 2 it's fine. If you want to have a nice atmosphere and meet people there is better places!

Get what you pay for, great place. Very basic but clean. Best location.

• 16th Jan 2015
  • New Zealand

Average hotel in a small town. The staff are nice and helpful and the rooms are reasonable.

I was very impressed, cheap and cheerfull. If the showers had hot water I would have given it 100% for everying but at that price I really can't complain.

Basic hotel at cheap price. Hot showers and very quiet. The rooms are comfy and clean. Offers a great afternoon tour which I would recommend as guide speaks perfect English and is very informative.

Though the rooms were available at lower floor in the same price range, Mr. Lee wanted extra money nfor it and put me pn the top most 4th. floor. I told him that I had asthma and nedeed lower floor. No elevator in the guest house. also Mr. Lee sold us Bus ticket on an Express Bus company but put us on a slow / stopping at any place to pick passengers ( at one time there were pasengers sitting on the floor) Mr. Lee abuses hie English knowledg to run a side business , as mentioned. Also WiFI on

10 minutes after we arrived we could join a tuktuk tour around Battambang, really nice!

Nice hotel, showerscould be cleaned a bit more during the day. Bun the tUK Tuk driver is a nice addition to the hotel allowing for a well guided tor around the attractions of battambang. He knows the information and his English is good.

The hotel cancelled our booking "because we were late due to the bus" (but was said by email we were coming from Sihanoukville, I guess they are aware about the “speed” of the Cambodian bus ;op). Anyway the nice tuk tuk driver arranged that we could stay in their Chhaya appartment, which was really really nice (and same price). The next day we got our room, I don't know about the others, but that was not the best one we had in Cambodia.... Not very clean, no towel, no soap. Had to ask for it.

Great for backpackers on a budget.