Chhaya Hotel Reviews

No. 118, Street,3, Svaypor, Battambang, Cambodia

Really good value for money comfy enough bed and shared bathroom , you get what you pay for and as a quick stop it was perfect. They gave us a free pick up from the boat and were very helpful in organising our onward travel. This is a no frills place but we honestly can't complain.

Do not stay here - terrible staff, cd shower, noisy room, bad part of town.

Rooms have no daylight and are really dark, no lockers, no key to lock the room, quite noisy because of many other guests, internet reception on the first floor was ok, beds were comfortable but the room gets quite hot (fan only), man at the reception was nice and helped me book a bus ticket to Bangkok, you get what you pay for

We had a great stay chhaya Hotel the staff were brilliant and helpful the hotel is in a good location. Would recommend this hotel for sure. Thanks for a great stay and your kindness.

Perfect for what it was, excellent value, clean, well located and helfpful staff.

Could use some improvements when it comes to cleanliness. I had many insect bites the next day. The beds should be checked.

Paid $5 for a "private room with ensuite bathroom." When we showed up we were promptly told that that price only gets us the dorm. I had to stand and argue with the manager to actually get what i paid for. It also has the oddest atmosphere of any hostel I've stayed in. But for the money you can't go wrong. Great location as well.

For $2.50 a night per bed it was fine. Clean bed, basic bathroom (with no warm water). Staff was friendly and helpful, they offer a free pick up service from the bus terminal which is always welcome. I recommend Bun the tuktuk driver, very friendly and knowledgeable bloke.

Was good. Basic but that's all I was after.

Room looked like a prison cell. Aircon wasn't really aircon at all, was just a fan built into the wall that provided little relief. Felt uncomfortable staying there.

staff very rude unless you book all tuc-tuc through them :)

No power in my room until I reminded the staff twice.

Excellent value for money. Big clean room, good bathroom. Close to art, dining and the river. We stayed longer than planned. Their Tuktuk driver Rick was fantastic!!

• 9th Jun 2015