Chicago Getaway Hostel Reviews

616 West Arlington Place, Chicago, Chicago, USA

2097 Total Reviews

Tidy, very efficient place. Great neighborhood. Trader Joe's, Whole Foods and parks all easy walking distance. Travel to Midway airport with convenient L station.

The hostel it's great! Very friendly and comfortablecomfortable, the only thin it could be better is the bed, it shake too much, if you move, the person below will move too.

great place! everything you want from a hostel! -they had things happening every night the staff were knowledgeable and very helpful -they a list of things you can do in chicago if you ever run out of ideas -the communal areas were really nice -you get a free breakfast which is really nice (more than just cereal) -the place was kept very clean especially the bathrooms.

I really enjoyed my stay at the Chicago Getaway Hostel. Nice breakfast, decent barbecue on Sunday. All you need is a ping-pong table!! I'm trying to think of something negative but I can't. Maybe the location in reference to the nightlife......but the neighborhood was nice and quiet.

good place to stay the night in Chicago

• 17th Jul 2015
  • China

The staff were amazing! Answered every question nicely and always had suggestions for cool stuff to do. Loved the social events. They really helped me bond with the other guests easily in a safe environment.

Very kind staff and BEST hostel I've stayed in yet!

The staff was super helpful and made my stay a perfect one. The evening activities are great, too. It's not self-evident to do that. In total a very nice time for me.

• 17th Jul 2015

The hostel is good overall: good location (not in downtown but still a very nice residential neighborhood with lots of things around), the common areas are nice, staff was helpful and friendly. The only thing I didn't like was my room. It was in the basement, which might have been okay on other days. But I was there on a rainy day, the room felt very humid, and there was no AC.

Good breakfast. Nice Staff

Thank you for a wonderful stay! Clean, comfortable and a nice environment. Extra complimentary cookout was nice. Breakfasts were wonderful - plenty of variety. The whole environment was very welcoming and pleasant! We would definitely recommend this hostel and stay there ourselves again!

• 11th Jul 2015

Thank you for the lovely words! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay, we hope to see see you again. Sincerely, General Manager

Excellent.

• 10th Jul 2015

Good location, but this is the grossest hostel I've stayed in. The lobby is clean and well maintained, while the hallways, showers, and rooms are a uncared for. I've stayed in hostels all over the world, and this is the worst yet.

We are sorry if your stay wasn't as satisfactory as we would have liked it to be for you. Thank you for the comments, these suggestions help us to create a better environment for your future patronage. This has been duly noted and we will strive to go above and beyond for our future guests. Sincerely, General Manager

My fiancé and I had a good experience at the hostel. We stayed in a private room with a shared bathroom. The twin bed up top was great, but the double bed at the bottom felt like I was sleeping on an incline, so I never did sleep all that well. Breakfast was decent and the bathrooms were clean. The hostel is only a short 10 minute walk to the nearest metro station - very convenient! We'll definitely stay here again on our next trip to Chicago.

• 6th Jul 2015

We're incredibly glad and proud that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for the feedback for the double-beds, it is something that has been duly noted and will be modified for future patronage! We wish you safe travels and hope to see you again soon! Sincerely, General Manager

One of the most fun hostels I've stayed at. The guitars were a plus, was serenaded by some guests at breakfast. Nice patio. A little bit away from city center, but good public transport. Great and very safe neighborhood. Breakfast was average but kitchen facilities excellent. Helpful staff rearranged my room reservation when I had a disabling accident just prior to arrival.

• 3rd Jul 2015

We appreciate your review! Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you again in the future. - Mat Meadows, General Manager

Really enjoyed staying here, great location, staff, and loved the breakfasts!

• 26th Jun 2015

Thanks for the great feedback! Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. See you next time! -Mat Meadows General Manager

Only downside are rhe squaky beds in the dorms. Pther then that a great place to stay. It does have a hotel feel.

We had a great stay and I am definitely recommending this hostel to anyone going to Chicago. In fact, I am coming back there tomorrow night to finish my trip, when it was not planned

• 24th Jun 2015

Great hostel, had everything necessary. Though it was a little annoying that the bathroom was super far from my room. But overall very good. Safe, friendly workers, decent breakfast.

Thank you for the awesome review! We look forward to accommodating you in the future!

My friend and I had a real problem with the Saturday pub crawl. It seemed as if the employee only led it to drink himself, and not to show us anything about the city. The hostel had no arrangements with any of the bars so shots could cost $6. The bars were small and already half-full when we arrived. The group asked the guide to switch bars, and we waited outside for 5 minutes so he could finish his drink. At the third pub, the people glared at our large group and asked what we were doing .

I'm so sorry that you didn't have a good time on the pub crawl, it is usually one of most popular events! Thank you for your input and we look forward to accommodating you in the future!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4