Chicago Getaway Hostel Reviews

616 West Arlington Place, Chicago, Chicago, USA

1968 Total Reviews

Everything was excellent but the temperature in our room. The insulation of the window was very bad and there was a freezing air coming through. During the night the room got very cold and we had just one thin blanket. The following day we asked for more blankets but this freezing air was still annoying.

If you're looking for first class this isn't it! If you're looking for a place to sleep amongst the attractions you've found it! Just a short walk from DePaul and the Lincoln Park Zoo is this wonderful place. Don't expect any fancy thrills or spectacles, but they have a continental breakfast. We didn't utilize it but one day because the bourgeoisie pig and chicagos dog house are within walking distance. Definitely recommend the 7 day CTA pass to get around by bus and subway.

• 16th Mar 2015

Outstanding hostel. I have been to 5 or 6 hostels, and this is very likely the best one. Good value for money, good facilities. The location may initially seems not great because it is not downtow, but the neigborhood of the hostel is amazing (safe, bike friendly, good for running in the morning at the Lincoln park, awesome night life, blues at Kingston Mines). Amazing breakfest. Strongly recommended!

This is located in a great area of Chicago; about 15 min walk to nearest train station on one direction, and Lincoln Park zoo and other attractions in the other direction down Fullerton. This makes going around Chicago easy for people new ;the people at the front desk are very helpful and kind. The breakfast is good and offers a good variety. After staying at international hostels, this was my first hostel experience in US, and it was good in comparison

Awesome location in Lincoln Park, super clean facilities, fairly quiet, great common areas, very helpful staff. This would be a great place for longer term stays, since they have a full kitchen and places for guests to store food. My only complaint is that the whole place felt kind of stuffy and got the whole time I was there, but it was that weird spring weather so I understand.

Some construction works going on very frequently.

• 6th Mar 2015
  • Chile

PROS : Great location, staff is extremely helpful and friendly, the free breakfast is good. CONS : It is noisy (sounds from other rooms, sounds from the pipes in the wall, etc.), there is only one bathroom on the floor, beds are not very comfortable. It is the best place for the money, but it is not perfect.

• 2nd Mar 2015

Stayed the first weekend of March for 3 nights. They have a parking lot right out back which was like $25 ish a night. Parking is super expensive everywhere in chicago so it was nice to not worry about it and have a very safe place that I could visibly see my car at all times. Room security was great. Forgot a lock and left my camera and laptop in room when I went out at night and nothing was taken. Breakfast was oatmeal, eggs, Breads. really nice little restaurants nearby. 4 train stops to DT

Loved my stay here! Hope to come back soon. Staff was also very helpful :)

• 20th Feb 2015

If I go again I will choose this hostel again. Maybe it is not in strong centat but is really easy come to centar. And Stuff is always there for help. Warm Clean and Great athmospher ☺...

• 13th Feb 2015
  • Croatia

I stayed here for two nights in February and really enjoyed this hostel. It's large, open, bright, and had lots of amenities (multiple computers, free wifi, tv room, pool table, large dining area and kitchen, etc). The staff were friendly and helpful and I appreciated being able to get a parking spot at an extra $28/night. The free breakfast can get a bit hectic in the morning, but they had a good spread of offerings. I would definitely recommend staying here.

Surprised by the amenities great value But rooms need more decor. Feel more homey

• 5th Feb 2015

Great Hostel, great location, has discounted metro and museum tickets. Would stay again.

• 3rd Feb 2015

It was just a little bit hard to find, and although i'm not saying that it's dirty, it needs a slight makeover concerning cleanliness in the bathrooms. Other than these, it was real cool. Recommended.

• 2nd Feb 2015
  • Turkey

It was an awesome hostel with a great kitchen! My only complaint is that if you want to go to some of the more tourist type destinations its a good 25-45 minutes on a bus.

Everything was just perfect!!! I liked very much the social activities, good to do some friends

nice location, good atmosphere and vibe. thank you for all the extra options, like bus passes, and comedy night.

• 23rd Jan 2015

I am really satisfied with this hostel in Chicago. Breakfast, cleanliess, kitchen, room... Everything is perfect to stay.

Excellent. 100% recommended.

• 16th Jan 2015
  • Colombia

This my second stay. I have stayed in private rooms not the dorm room setting. As a parent of a student at DePaul this is very convenient. Very happy and I will return.

• 3rd Jan 2015