8.8
Fabulous 2,490 Total Reviews
8.8
Fabulous 2,490 Total Reviews
Chicago Getaway Hostel Located at 616 West Arlington Place, Chicago, Chicago.
USA
Chicago IL IL/60614 616 West Arlington Place, Chicago
88% 2490
41.9267170 -87.6444780
    Rooms available

• USA, Female, 25-30
27th Sep 2016

The atmosphere and location were great, staff were very friendly, bed extremely comfortable, the wifi was reliable, the price was reasonable. All I can ask in a hostel, really.

• New Zealand, Female, 18-24
23rd Sep 2016

It's really modern and bright. The red throughout the place makes it feel more lively. The staff are very friendly and happy to help answer any questions. The dorms are well though out and the best part is the awesome amazing delicious breakfast which is included!!!!

• niean172
  • New Zealand, Female, 18-24
23rd Sep 2016
7.7

Pretty good place, is removed from downtown Chicago but not a bad thing in my mind. Very close to Lincoln Park and transportation. Ground floor bathrooms were pretty bad compared to the other floors, so I recommend if you want a little more privacy to use 2nd floor and upwards if you're on the ground floor like I was! Nice free breakfast and friendly staff. Get discounted tickets to Willis tower etc. from the desk! They have events in the evenings but not on the Friday I was there :/

• USA, Male, 18-24
16th Sep 2016

the hostel itself is really clean and all of the staff are very nice and helpful. my only issue is the lack of privacy in the shared men's bathroom, but that is one petty issue, all in all a great place to stay and I would definitely recommend checking out if you need to be in the area. Also the area the getaway resides in is phenomenal.

16th Sep 2016

Really amazing location, lobby and patio. Friendly staff. It was a lot of fun in the common areas. They even upgraded me to a private room when they overbooked my dorm. My one complaint (and this is really important to me) was that the bathrooms were so far away from my room. I had to go all the way around the building to the men's room. The bathroom was also smelly and had very little privacy - unless I changed in the shower and threw my clothes onto the floor.

• USA, Female, 18-24
12th Sep 2016

Overall this hostel was great! One of the only downsides was that the beds were so rickety that getting to the top bunk always felt very unstable. A bigger downside was the that pretty much all of the social events were at a bar, and in IL you can't even enter a bar if you are under 21. They looked really fun but as my friend was under 21 we couldn't go to any :(. Other than that though, this place was very clean, had good breakfast, and close enough to the red line to make it really worth it.

8th Sep 2016

I have nothing bad to say about this hostel. They let us store our luggage in a secure area when we arrived early in the morning and let us keep it there until late at night after we had checked out. The breakfast options are great and really convenient if you just want to eat something quickly before you get on with your day. The location is slightly out of downtown Chicago, but this makes for a quieter stay and there are plenty of awesome restaurants close by. It was also very clean! Loved it.

• USA, Male, 25-30
4th Sep 2016

Great location and great staff, the downside is the bathrooms... Sometimes it very hot and humid. And the breakfast is not enough for the number of people in the hostel .

• Germany, Couple, 25-30
3rd Sep 2016

Best breakfast ever in a hostel. Super nice Location not that far from the beach and downtown is good to reach by public transpotation or bike!

• USA, Female, 41+
2nd Sep 2016

Loved the hostel. It was clean, good location. My only complaint was the staff. The front desk was very nice and welcoming but the guy who helped in the kitchen and cleaned the bathrooms was rude. And the bathrooms were being cleaned early morning or late night when people would typically use them. I understand there are other bathrooms. But it would be helpful if these areas were cleaned mid day.