Fabulous 2,298 Total Reviews
Fabulous 2,298 Total Reviews
Chicago Getaway Hostel Located at 616 West Arlington Place, Chicago, Chicago.
USA
Chicago IL IL/60614 616 West Arlington Place, Chicago
89% 2298
41.9267170 -87.6444780
    Rooms available

• USA, Couple, 25-30
2nd May 2016

I loved staying at Gateway. Everyone was extremely nice and helpful, and we love the facilities. We definitely recommend it to everyone:)

• USA, Couple, 41+
22nd Apr 2016

We enjoyed everything about our stay here. Place justifies a rating of 10

• USA, Female, 18-24
22nd Apr 2016

Great Hostel, lots of events we didn't get a chance to go to but looked like fun. Great location. Easy to uber around the city from the location. Very helpful staff.

• USA, Female, 41+
21st Apr 2016
8.0

it's worth it...we r satisfied for our short stay.

• USA, Male, 41+
18th Apr 2016

As I have on several previous stays, I can count on a clean room in a very convent location to transportation or just a neighborhood walk by the zoo and lake. it's my favorite of some five others where 've stayed in the country.

• USA, Male, 25-30
28th Mar 2016

My overall experience was amazing. I would definatly stay again. Really clean, good breakfast, professional staff, perfect location where you are close to lake michigan, the zoo and other places. The price was really cheap for such a nice area. The only thing is parking if you have a car. The streets get filled with on street parking In the neighborhood to the max. Otherwise parking is $28 a night. Everyone that was staying there was nice and friendly. Mainly people from other countries.

Thank you so much for the awesome review! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay in our great neighborhood here in Chicago! We hope to accommodate you if your ever in Chicago again!

• USA, Male, 18-24
19th Mar 2016

I met a friend here and we stayed for two nights in a room with a bunk bed. I enjoyed the atmosphere, and the free breakfast was a nice addition. The shared floor bathroom seemed well-kept. They have computers in the lobby and I could print my train ticket free of charge. It's not a long train trip outside the center of the city and there are some bars in the area. The staff was friendly and I felt like the building was secure.

Thank you so much for the awesome review! We're glad that you enjoyed your stay with us in Chicago and look forward to accommodating you in the future!

• emilie24
  • USA, Female, 25-30
18th Mar 2016
6.3

When I arrived to the hostel, the staff was very friendly. However, I was very disappointed to learn that my room was in the basement. It was very cold at times and it was not a very good atmosphere.. Also you’re on the same level as the staff rooms and the laundry facility. There are no windows in the hallway and it is very dark. I asked to change rooms, but the person in charge told me it was impossible. No even or activities were organized in the hostel on the weekend. Very deceiving!

Thank you so much for the review and feedback. I am sorry we weren't able to move your room due to it being a completely sold out weekend, but you'll be happy to know that we are opening several completely redesigned rooms in the basement to make them more comfortable and homey. We also offer pub crawls every Saturday free of charge and they have become one of our most popular events!

• USA, Female, 18-24
16th Mar 2016

This hostel is gorgeous, and the ammenities included are beyond what I expected. There's free wifi, a guest kitchen where you can store and cook food, a secure entrance, discounts of museum tickets, and so much more! The people are friendly, the rooms are nice, and there's free breakfast. Plus, the neighborhood it's in is safe, beautiful, and close to so many restaurants and attractions. For the money I paid, it was incredible!

Wow, thank you so much for this glowing review! We are so happy to hear that you had such a great experience with us. Please come back and stay with us again soon! Best, Mat Meadows General Manager

• Germany, Female, 25-30
12th Mar 2016

I definitely enjoyed my stay there!

Thanks so much for your review! We're so glad to hear that you had a great experience. We hope to see you again soon! Best, Mat Meadows