Chicago Getaway Hostel

8.5
Fabulous 2625 Total Reviews

• USA, All Male Group, 18-24
18th May 2017

Nice location, friendly staff, good free breakfast, nice beds and I was able to get a parking spot (narrowly).

• India, Female, 18-24
10th May 2017

Awesome hostel with awesome location and helps that it has a free waffle making session in the morning. Just returned. I will not forget Chicago or this hostel, especially because I met someone incredibly special here. Cheers! :)

• Philippines, Male, 25-30
25th Apr 2017

It's clean, the staffs were very helpful. Would love to come back if i'll be in chicago again.

• thatztatz2946
  • USA, Male, 18-24
25th Apr 2017

Great place to stay. Looking foward to another visit; hopefully for a longer stay.

6.3

My main complaint is the cleanliness. I have been in nicer hostels in developing countries. The atmosphere here is cold and uninviting. It felt very dirty and it stank like a college dorm. The floor in my room was sticky. They mopped a bit when I complained, but it wasn't thorough. The bedding was clean, but the bed frame was also sticky. The community bathroom floor was gross too, and there wasn't a privacy curtain for changing in the showers. BTW, there's no refund if you cancel a dorm room.

• Australia, Male, 31-40
23rd Apr 2017

Def worth a stay. I met some very cool peeps, and the location and staff were awesome too!

• South Korea, Female, 18-24
20th Apr 2017

Staffs were so friendly and kindly. I used 12 female room and it was not uncomfortable and so clean. I will stay when I come back to chicago!

14th Apr 2017
8.0

Great location... basic hostel necessities.... more of a party vibe from what I got but would definitely stay there again..

14th Apr 2017
8.0

Good hostel! miss some activities, at list for the weekends. I met some nice people though. Kitchen and dining area is nice.

• Australia, All Female Group, 25-30
13th Apr 2017

Beautiful hostel - but beware of dorms. We stayed in a shared dorm, so weren't expecting luxury, but the bathroom was gross. You have to ask the day before to have the bathroom cleaned, and I think it'd been a while since someone thought to do that. Take BIG locks for the locker. We both had good ones, but they weren't enough to hold the locker closed, and new ones were expensive at the desk. They were our only issues though. It's a beautiful hostel, waffles were delish. Would stay again.