Chicago Getaway Hostel Reviews

616 West Arlington Place, Chicago, Chicago, USA

Overall a really good hostel! It's really secure and the staff are friendly and helpful. Breakfast is nice if you wake up in time. The area is pretty cool too, lots of local bars and shops. The only flaw is that the lower level, including the rooms, smells like mould pretty badly.

I'm glad I decided to stay at Chicago Getaway hostel . The room was clean, huge kitchen with all equipments. Staffs were friendly. I love the atmostphere in the morning in the dinning room. Breakfast is included.

• 1st Sep 2014
  • Vietnam

Nice and friendly place. I can recommend it.

• 28th Aug 2014

Really clean and secure hostel, would be recommended to others. Close to both trains and buses into the city centre and the train station. Staff knowledgeable and helpful about the city, and very friendly.

• 27th Aug 2014

Superb place, very funky. I'll definitely be back

• 27th Aug 2014

Congratulations for organizing,breakfast is very good,the compliments if I'II bee returning to Chicago this hostel

• 26th Aug 2014

It was difficult to meet other travelers

great hostel, very modern

The hostel is quite close to the nearest tube station. Facilities are top notch, the kitchen resembles that of a restaurant. Bathroom facilities are clean. The beds are clean and comfortable although they creak a bit. The hostel isn't the most social hostel I've been at, although that could be down to the range of ages of guests when I was there. I would definitely recommend this hostel to those in Chicago.

Great place , very comfortable. Very helpful staff. Breakfast was extensive. The only problem was the cost of parking. I know Chicago is expensive and it was great that they even had any parking available but $28 a night was a bit rough.

Good clean hostel good facilities

• 19th Aug 2014

A good, clean, secure hostel with friendly helpful staff. The hostel is very big so it can be hard to make friends but they run events every night and there are lots of common areas to hang out in. WiFi is excellent, even in the basement dorms. Breakfast was huge, so much choice! A definite plus if breakfast is an important point for you! Location is quiet and suburban, about 10 minutes walk (or less) from the train station and it's quick and easy to get into town.

I've stayed at a number of hostels in Chicago and this one is by far the best. Slightly outside of the main city, but very close to trains, busses, the zoo, bars and the lake. Public transport in Chicago is amazing so location is more-or-less fine, particularly given that it's in a super expensive beautiful neighbourhood. The hostel is one of the nicest I've stayed at worldwide with very friendly staff and activities most nights of the week. Highly recommend.

Some other guests were very rude, particularly one French/Belgian sounding man. The staff were not particularly helpful on the whole, for instance we asked if we could walk to a certain location from the hostel only to receive an answer of 'no', with no useful information e.g alternative methods of getting there, being offered by staff members. There is also a severe lack of bathrooms for the size of the property as well as a privacy issue in the men's bathrooms. An in room safe would be good

Thought it was very well kept, and neatly organized.

• 11th Aug 2014

The room (private room, 2 beds) - was very low quality. Much better value for money (basic comfort, size, temperature) could be found anywhere else. The rest of the hostel (lobby, kitchen, showers) were perfectly nice.

• 9th Aug 2014

It's my first hostel I love Getaway so much I will be back someday!

Chieh: Thanks for writing a stunning review of our hostel. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you back around our hostel in the future. Best regards, Mat Meadows General Manager

The refrigerator and shared room bathrooms need to be cleaned often.

Hi Gabrielle: Thanks for writing us a review! We enjoy hearing back from our guests and getting their feedback for future enhancements. We clean our shared bathrooms every 2 hours during the day - and our refrigerator is cleaned daily. Hope to see you back at Getaway in the future! Best regards, Mat Meadows General Manager

Great hostel. would highly recommend :)

An excellent hostel. Staff are so welcoming and friendly and really go out of their way to help you with minimal fuss. The rooms are clean and the beds comfortable. The free breakfast and wifi is a bonus. Will definitely stay here again.

Hi Stephen: Thanks for writing the Getaway Hostel in Chicago such a great review. Glad you enjoyed your stay - see you again soon! Best regards, Mat Meadows General Manager

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4