Chicago Getaway Hostel Reviews

616 West Arlington Place, Chicago, Chicago, USA

1934 Total Reviews

I am really satisfied with this hostel in Chicago. Breakfast, cleanliess, kitchen, room... Everything is perfect to stay.

• 19th Jan 2015
  • South Korea

Excellent. 100% recommended.

• 16th Jan 2015
  • Colombia

This my second stay. I have stayed in private rooms not the dorm room setting. As a parent of a student at DePaul this is very convenient. Very happy and I will return.

• 3rd Jan 2015

this is the best Hostel I have ever been in the past two months , pretty quiet if you want to find a place to stop by. Very popular because it's a huge building separate by two sections. Downstairs is occupied by dormitory area. overall, I will like to go back and stop by.

Best hostel I've stayed at. Really really clean, great facilities, pool table, TV room, foosball table, great breakfast, friendly staff, easy to meet and mingle with people. Pub crawls. had a really good time.

Always a great place to stay in Chicago. A warm place to be out of the cold. The staff were good at getting me things I needed. See you next time.

Best hostel I have ever been! I'm really satisfied that I can live in this hostel for this price.

Quite a nice pro experience. Amazing breakfast and atmosphere.

Great spot, not centre city Chicago but an easy location to get there from and the neighbourhood has a really good vibe!! Loved the place, nice and warm both in terms of the building and the staff. Would definitely go back!

Great hostel!!

Thanks for the great review! We look forward to seeing you in the future! Best regards, Mat Meadows General Manager

My stay was pretty good. The staff were friendly and the room and group areas were clean. I was surprised that I hardly saw a soul in the restroom on my floor except maybe 1 or 2 people in the morning. The bathrooms were clean enough except it seemed all the showers had hair swirlies on the drains. I was pleasantly surprised by the free breakfast. A few patrons in the room next to mine were talking/skypeing loudly till 2am but not much can be helped for that.

• 19th Dec 2014

Felt the men's showers were a bit small

Greetings: Thanks for the great review! We appreciate your feedback and look forward to having you back with us in the future. Best regards, Mat Meadows General Manager

Possibly my favourite hostel to stay in. It's in a really good location - no more than a 10min walk to busses, trains, local shops, world famous blues clubs and in a safe neighborhood. Bus or train to downtown Chicago takes about 20mins, depending on where you want to go exactly. Lots of options for the free breakfast. Daily events are GREAT! Would recommend this hostel for anyone going to Chicago.

Stayed 2 nights in a private room with shared bathroom. Nice facilities and definitely get the value for money. Staff were very helpful. Location was good and easy to navigate. Good attractions also close by which I wish I had more time to do. Definitely want to come back and spend more time in Chicago. This is where ill stay if I ever get the chance to do.

Greetings: We really appreciate the great review! Glad you found us to be a great value and an easy location. See you next time! Best regards, Mat Meadows General Manager

Great value! The Hostel is not directly in the city although the Chicago Transit is phenominal. Both the bus system and the rail system are top notch, reasonably priced and easy to navigate. The hostel is not in the city center although it is in such a nice safe neighborhood with lovely architecture all around. The staff were kind and very helpful. Laundry on site was cheap. food was good. The only downside to the stay was that the room was pretty warm. Better to be warm than cold. Will be back.

Thanks for the great review! Glad that you enjoyed your stay and the easy access to public transportation. We look forward to accommodating you again in the future. Best regards, Mat Meadows General Manager

Good place, 2nd time I was there !

• 8th Dec 2014

Greetings: Thanks for staying with us a second time! Glad that you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to seeing you for a third stay! Sincerely, Mat Meadows General Manager

I will definitely go here again ! It felt like home, I would never consider a hotel in Chicago. This has permanently become my go to place! It's clean, friendly, and it's easy to fit right in. The location makes it perfect.

• 6th Dec 2014

Thanks for the positive review! Glad to see you enjoyed your experience with us. We look forward to having you back again in the future. Best regards, Mat Meadows General Manager

A bit far away from downtown even though there is public transport. Costs 5 dollars one way or 10 for a day. Otherwise a really well ru. Hostel, the breakfast is the best I have seen so far!

• 6th Dec 2014
  • Sweden

Thanks for the review! Glad you found our hostel to be very well run. We hope to have the opportunity to accommodate you again in the future. Best regards, Mat Meadows General Manager

Excellent about 6 mins from the 'L' wide range of accommodation. You can buy attraction tickets at the desk. Excellent staff.

• 3rd Dec 2014

Greetings: Thanks for the great 5 star review! Glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to have you back for many more positive experiences in Chicago. Safe travels! Mat Meadows General Manager

The hostel was good. Localized in a nice district in the North of Chicago, only 7 minutes by feet from the metro station. The staff is cheerfull and helpfull. Events are organized every night. The breakfast is amazing, a lot of choices between baggels, waffels, scramble eggs, fruits, etc... My only regrets are that I have doubts about how often they clean the dorms, because my bathroom was kind of dirty, and there's no free water or coffee.

• 2nd Dec 2014

Thanks for taking the time to review Chicago Getaway Hostel! We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall. We appreciate your feedback and hope to have you back in the future. Best regards, Mat Meadows General Manager PS: We have free coffee during breakfast hours and Keurig Coffee outside of these hours. We have free water 24/7!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4