Chicago Getaway Hostel Reviews

616 West Arlington Place, Chicago, Chicago, USA

2027 Total Reviews

It's simply the best hostel I've stayed in! It's calm, friendly and really well organized. Breakfast is great, they have different options. It's not the typical crazy, party, loud hostel that I personally hate, this is actually a place where you can sleep.

• 25th May 2015
  • Colombia

The toilet seat could use a cover. I hated always having to look in there and my things falling in there. It would be nice to have some hooks and paper towels in the bathroom. The staff was great! Very clean place. Nice big rooms. Spacious common area. Great breakfast variety and I like the idea of a clean up crew to keep things orderly. Nice neighborhood. I would stay there again.

excellent!

Probably the nicest hostel I've stayed in. Great location to be close to the "city" but in an actual neighborhood with lots to do besides sightseeing.

I want to go visit Chicago again for being a great city and having this amazing hostel, so far, it is the best hostel I have ever been to! The staff is amazing and lovely! Thank you very much for making my stay even more special.

• 15th May 2015
  • Spain

Can not gush enough about how awesome they are. Clean, professional, great facilty. Wifi that works!!! Bathroom that isn't from the 50s, and is clean. Nice staff, interested in being helpful. Real matresses, proper comfortable ones. Will stay again.

Hi David, Thanks for your awesome review of our hostel! Glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again in the future. Best, Mat Meadows General Manager

This hostel left a lot to be desired. While the reception area/kitchen were modern, the rooms were run-down, plug sockets hanging off walls, lights that didn't work, etc. There were no bed lights/shelving/plug sockets for beds and the beds were uncomfortable and extremely low (you can't sit up in the bottom bunk without banging your head). Bathrooms were dirty - saw several cockroaches. Not much in the way of social activities and while the area is nice, it's quite far out.

One of the best hostels I've stayed at. The staff were lovely, the hostel is awesome - clean, chill & there is always something to do e.g play pool/ piano/ pub crawls. It completely made my Chicago experience, thank you :D

Hi Aimee, Thanks for your great review of the Chicago Getaway Hostel! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay. Please come back to visit! Best, Mat Meadows General Manager

the hostel is amazing and located in a very good neighbourhood . the staffs are amazing and helpful. if you love to walk then you could simply start walking from the linkin park zoo and head all the way up to the bean . i would live to come back soon and stay in the same hostel . for all backpackers u could just take the train and then head of the hostel its quite easy :)

Hi Shethal, Thanks for your great review of the Chicago Getaway Hostel! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay and your walk downtown. Please come back to visit! Best, Mat Meadows General Manager

I really like the free events as its a great way of experiencing the city and for travelers to meet new people. The charging outlet points in the dorms are not great. Previous hostels had them located each locker also.

Hi Rowena, Thanks so much for reviewing our hostel! We're glad you enjoyed your stay and had a good time on the events. Soon we're putting new bed frames in the dorms that will provide each person with their own outlet. We hope you come back so that you can see them! Best, Mat Meadows General Manager

The Hostel and Staff were great. Unfortunately we had some problems with some noise (some times people were yelling and we could not rest properly) and the elevator was not working in 4 of the 6 days we stayed (we were in the 4th floor). If you want to rest, it maybe not the best option, but if you want to make new friends it one of the best hostels.

• 25th Apr 2015

Amazing staffs and they did help me in making sure my booking was intact thou I was coming in late by a day ..really helpful staffs and the hostel is in a wonderful location

My stay here was awesome! The security felt great in the 8 bed dorm, as was the cleanliness. I was staying here for a conference down town, and the redline was very convenient both to the downtown area and the eateries around Lincoln Square. The neighborhood was lovely, and I never felt unsafe walking at night. Whole foods at the redline was a big plus, as was the Bourgeois Pig down the street. Breakfast at the hostel was a major plus as well! Highly recommend!

• 22nd Apr 2015

Hostels should perhaps be more explicit about their age limits (if it is a youth hostel or not). The type of roomates in this hostel were not cognizant of the contemporary hostel culture that I was expecting. My experience was unpleasant in the room because the older men would snore extremely loud and would require a lot of energy to go about their showering and changing clothes. They were unreasonable with noise and light. I know I wont be back to hostels that endorse this unempathic people.

Clean, great breakfast (two words: waffle station!), cool hostel organized activities, clean towel every day and a great part of town makes a very good hostel! A lot of shops and good places to eat and a bus to downtown are just around the corner. A tiny bit of advice to the hostel would be their wifi speed. Hostel was not that busy during my stay, however, the wifi was not always usable because f too many people using it. Other than that: great visit!

Fantastic location. Close to the metro and there is tons to do in the area and around. The hostel itself is also very good. The breakfast was great.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We are working very hard to make sure that every guest has an enjoyable and memorable experience so thank you for your words on our behalf.

Awesome kitchen and spaces to eat and socialize I or outdoors, behind doors in the TV room or by the piano, I had the best time with so many new friends.

• 12th Apr 2015

Thanks so much for the response. Come back and see us again soon! Jake Quanbeck Guest Services Representative

Sucha nice place! Location is ok, but theplace itself is a great place to stay in. Enough activities prganized by the hostel to try somthing new at night!

• 11th Apr 2015
  • Mexico

Hey thanks for the feedback. We try and keep the events exciting for everyone. Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself. Jake Quanbeck Guest Services Representative.

I spent one week there, it was amazing, the fun was far beyond my expectations! I had absolutely nothing negative about my stay and will recommend this hostel for anyone. The staffs were all nice but my favourite was Jake :)

• 10th Apr 2015
  • Ukraine

AMAZING! This hostel is one of the best places I have stayed. It is super clean, well set out, and very functional. Plus it is in a amazing location. The building and surrounding buildings have beautiful external architecture and it is very safe for walking around alone. Will definitely be back here again.

Hey glad to hear you had a good stay. We try our best to keep the hostel running efficiently. Hope to see you again soon! Jake Quanbeck Guest Services Representative

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4