8.7
Fabulous 2,549 Total Reviews
8.7
Fabulous 2,549 Total Reviews
Chicago Getaway Hostel Located at 616 West Arlington Place, Chicago, Chicago.
USA
Chicago IL IL/60614 616 West Arlington Place, Chicago
87% 2549
41.9267170 -87.6444780
    Rooms available

• Puerto Rico, Female, 25-30
15th Nov 2016

I liked this hostel but i wouldn't stay again, my room was sooo smelly, like we literally had to go out in front to complain about it and they just sprayed some fragrance and nothing more. The room smelled like Foot and Pee ( the lady next to our bunk bed peed herself in the night and the mattress still smells disgusting). Also i was looking forward for some hostel activities but there were none. There is people all ages and no party scene which is kinda the reason why i wanted to visit chicago.

• England, Female, 25-30
3rd Nov 2016
5.4

Bad location, tourist sights were miles away, wifi sucked too! No atmosphere just all night noisy people. I actually cut my stay short here and moved to a hostel near the loop for the exact same price because of these problems. Nice neighbourhood and bars if this is what you're looking for.

• England, Female, 25-30
1st Nov 2016
5.4

This is NOT the best location for tourist stuff. Chicago is huge and all the tourist spots are a 20min train ride away. The wifi is absolutely awful! This is important for international travellers who, like me, rely on wifi to avoid huge data fees. Not great bathroom facilities, no privacy or anywhere to hang towels expect across from the shower so you have to jump out in the nude! The door would rattle any time ANY other door on that floor was opened and closed. Bedrooms were nice though.

• Hungary, Male, 31-40
30th Oct 2016

Good location, cozy, safe, easy acces with public transport. It is recommended not only young people. Good extra facilities. Only three little thing could make the hostel better: faster wi-fi, a hairdryer into the bath, and a shelf or cabinet in the room.

• USA, All Male Group, 31-40
30th Oct 2016

This is my second time staying at this hostel and would absolutely do it again. Friendly staff, allowed me to check in 6 hours early, and clean rooms. But my only knock is the breakfast is sub par. Bagels, bananas, waffles, and cereal (which I understand) is all they really have. If they just added a breakfast bar (premade pancakes, French toast, fruit, oatmeal) it would be perfect!!!

• USA, Female, 31-40
26th Oct 2016
2.0

I was not made aware that my deposit was nonrefundable even after contacting Hosteworld 4 days prior to the arrival for my conference in Chicago. I spoke with you all several times via email. Because the funds were not returned and their was no human person to speak to, I will never use Hostelworld again. My initial experience made my business trip logistics a complete mess. Going forward, I will book, as I normally do, directly with the hostel. I still would like a refund

• elfaquarsmile
  • Taiwan, Female, 18-24
24th Oct 2016

Their breakfast end sooo early, only until 9:30. The wifi you have to reconnect everyday. It's not easy to use. But overall it's pretty good. Their breakfast provide banana and waffle are very worthy not just bread.

18th Oct 2016

Second time there. Only gets better. Of course as with any hostel what determines the success of a stay is the other travelers. Chicago always attracts a bunch of interesting people from the USA and abroad. I will return largely because of this hostel.

• Netherlands, Female, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
15th Oct 2016

The breakfast is amazing!!

• England, Male, 18-24
10th Oct 2016

There was nothing bad about this hostel, but I wasn't there long enough to assess the security, cleanliness is decent and I don't think any hostels will be spotless, everything else was fantastic and the staff were perfectly friendly and helpful