Chicago Getaway Hostel Reviews

616 West Arlington Place, Chicago, Chicago, USA

1989 Total Reviews

Surprised by the amenities great value But rooms need more decor. Feel more homey

• 5th Feb 2015

Thanks for your response. We would love for you to stay again! We are refreshing our rooms with new decor, hallways and lobby. We hope you come back to see the changes! Best, Mary

Great Hostel, great location, has discounted metro and museum tickets. Would stay again.

• 3rd Feb 2015

Thanks for your response! Please come back to see us in the future. We are working hard to refresh our building -- new room decor, hallways and lobby. Best, Mary

It was just a little bit hard to find, and although i'm not saying that it's dirty, it needs a slight makeover concerning cleanliness in the bathrooms. Other than these, it was real cool. Recommended.

• 2nd Feb 2015
  • Turkey

Thank you for your response! Our hostel is located on a smaller street and can be difficult to find. I hope this didn't cause a pain. We deep clean our bathrooms daily. I will speak with our housemen -- day, night and overnight -- to ensure our bathrooms meet our guest's expectations. We are refreshing our rooms, hallways and lobby in the next few months. I hope you can stay with us again to see the changes! Best, Mary

It was an awesome hostel with a great kitchen! My only complaint is that if you want to go to some of the more tourist type destinations its a good 25-45 minutes on a bus.

Everything was just perfect!!! I liked very much the social activities, good to do some friends

nice location, good atmosphere and vibe. thank you for all the extra options, like bus passes, and comedy night.

• 23rd Jan 2015

I am really satisfied with this hostel in Chicago. Breakfast, cleanliess, kitchen, room... Everything is perfect to stay.

Excellent. 100% recommended.

• 16th Jan 2015
  • Colombia

This my second stay. I have stayed in private rooms not the dorm room setting. As a parent of a student at DePaul this is very convenient. Very happy and I will return.

• 3rd Jan 2015

this is the best Hostel I have ever been in the past two months , pretty quiet if you want to find a place to stop by. Very popular because it's a huge building separate by two sections. Downstairs is occupied by dormitory area. overall, I will like to go back and stop by.

Best hostel I've stayed at. Really really clean, great facilities, pool table, TV room, foosball table, great breakfast, friendly staff, easy to meet and mingle with people. Pub crawls. had a really good time.

Always a great place to stay in Chicago. A warm place to be out of the cold. The staff were good at getting me things I needed. See you next time.

Best hostel I have ever been! I'm really satisfied that I can live in this hostel for this price.

Quite a nice pro experience. Amazing breakfast and atmosphere.

Great spot, not centre city Chicago but an easy location to get there from and the neighbourhood has a really good vibe!! Loved the place, nice and warm both in terms of the building and the staff. Would definitely go back!

Great hostel!!

Thanks for the great review! We look forward to seeing you in the future! Best regards, Mat Meadows General Manager

My stay was pretty good. The staff were friendly and the room and group areas were clean. I was surprised that I hardly saw a soul in the restroom on my floor except maybe 1 or 2 people in the morning. The bathrooms were clean enough except it seemed all the showers had hair swirlies on the drains. I was pleasantly surprised by the free breakfast. A few patrons in the room next to mine were talking/skypeing loudly till 2am but not much can be helped for that.

• 19th Dec 2014

Felt the men's showers were a bit small

Greetings: Thanks for the great review! We appreciate your feedback and look forward to having you back with us in the future. Best regards, Mat Meadows General Manager

Possibly my favourite hostel to stay in. It's in a really good location - no more than a 10min walk to busses, trains, local shops, world famous blues clubs and in a safe neighborhood. Bus or train to downtown Chicago takes about 20mins, depending on where you want to go exactly. Lots of options for the free breakfast. Daily events are GREAT! Would recommend this hostel for anyone going to Chicago.

Stayed 2 nights in a private room with shared bathroom. Nice facilities and definitely get the value for money. Staff were very helpful. Location was good and easy to navigate. Good attractions also close by which I wish I had more time to do. Definitely want to come back and spend more time in Chicago. This is where ill stay if I ever get the chance to do.

Greetings: We really appreciate the great review! Glad you found us to be a great value and an easy location. See you next time! Best regards, Mat Meadows General Manager