Chicago Getaway Hostel Reviews

616 West Arlington Place, Chicago, Chicago, USA

Probably one of the most amazing hostels you will come across. Great facilities and good location, just wish they provided shampoo with their showers and had better communal computers. Breakfast is amazing.

Super clean and super helpful and friendly staff. Could not have been better !!!! Highly highly recommend this hostel. Best ever!!

Thank you for you response. Our staff strives to make sure all of our guests are happy. We hope you choose to stay with us again soon.

Some coakroaches in the room but I globaly had a good stay in Chicago Getaway hostel! I recomend it

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. We hope you choose to stay with us again.

Excellent breakfast! :) lovely place to stay. Great facilities and clean! Will be back

Comfortably the best hostel in Chicago - the staff were incredibly friendly, Lincoln park is one of the better areas to hang out. Fresh towels everyday, clean facilities everyday and a fantastic breakfast provided. If you stay in Chicago, this is the perfect area to stay, away from the hustle and bustle of the busy streets, but close enough to grab a CTA transport to downtown or elsewhere. Well done to these guys, they are succeeding!

Awesom ! The location couldn't be beat . The common area and breakfast was good . Will defiantly return . Thank you for making my first time in a hostel enjoyable !

• 10th Sep 2015

A great hostel! Staff were very welcoming and helpful. And all the rest was awesome. For a large hostel, the atmosphere was pretty good- it just can't beat a small hostel atmosphere.

My 3rd booking thios hostel. The same opinion - hostel is ok, but don't stay in dorms in basement - so noisy!!! Must say - they solved the problem with fresh air, now much better. Staff is helpful and friendly, but in basement, where they do all their housekeeping job is very noisy. It's not good idea to host people in dark and noisy basement.

I must say it is a best place. Value for money!

• 6th Sep 2015
  • India

Overall, VERY good, especially for a last-minute arrangement! Even my mom enjoyed it, and she is ordinarily NOT a fan of hostels. Long-term, however, is it possible to have a men's and women's rest room on both sides of each floor? That was our only issue.

• 6th Sep 2015

Well, hostel is basicly ok, I wrote it in my previous review, BUT this time I booked 8-bed dorm and if you book dorm for 8 beds, you gonna live in basement. Not good. A few porblems - always dark, without natural light. Not fresh air. And the main: this basement is in fact floor where all housekeeper staff work - it's really noisy! I wouldn't recommend to stay in 8 or more beds dorm.

Best hostel facility that you'll probably ever stay at. Much more like a hotel than a hostel. Ther was a minor snafu where some guy they told to change rooms didn't, which led to a goldilocks moment when I found his stuff on the bed I was in, but the staff worked that out quickly. Otherwise everything was really smooth.

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hostel. I'm really glad to hear you had a good stay and that our staff was prompt in responding to your issue. I hope you will consider staying with us again! Best, Mat Meadows, General Manager

Nice place, you will like it. The only problem was that it was impossible to lock the bathroom's door, but it's not so important.

staff is very nice.. the pub crawl experience was very nice.. nice place if you are alone or two.. you will meet new friends..

• 1st Sep 2015
  • India

Thank you for your very nice review. I'm glad to hear your stay was good. I hope you will come back and see us again! Thank you, Mat Meadows, General Manager

Great loction- just a 5 minute walk from Fullerton station where you're a few stops from downtown Chicago. Great lounge and dining room area, good breakfast and very friendly staff. It is a big hostel so it loses that intimate friendly atmosphere as there are so many people. Rooms okay. Decor a bit dark and dreary but overall I would definitely recommend this hostel.

Thank you for taking the time to post a review! I'm really glad you enjoyed your stay with us. You'll be glad to know that we are in the process of a refresh of the building, including new paint and lights in our rooms, so hopefully you will enjoy the new decor if you return. Best, Mat Meadows, General Manager

The location is great, but I wouldn't stay here again. My dorm room was in the basement and was dark and crazy humid. The bathroom floor was constantly wet. There was no cell service and not enough outlets for each bed, which could be so easily remedied with an extension cord.

Nice and clean, awesome breakfasts

Thanks for the great review! Glad to see you enjoyed our breakfast! We hope to see you next time you're in Chicago. Thanks! Mat Meadows General Manager

Nice hostel, very secure.

Greetings: Thanks for the great review. We're happy to see you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon! Best regards, Mat Meadows General Manager

It was an awesome, small, but cozy room(twin bed private room).

• 16th Aug 2015

Had a great stay, friendly staff, good room, free breakfast. We were very happy with our stay.

Thank you for taking the time to review our facility. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again in the future! Sincerely, Mat Meadows General Manager

1 2 3 Next » last »