Chicago Getaway Hostel Reviews

616 West Arlington Place, Chicago, Chicago, USA

Great hostel, had everything necessary. Though it was a little annoying that the bathroom was super far from my room. But overall very good. Safe, friendly workers, decent breakfast.

Thank you for the awesome review! We look forward to accommodating you in the future!

My friend and I had a real problem with the Saturday pub crawl. It seemed as if the employee only led it to drink himself, and not to show us anything about the city. The hostel had no arrangements with any of the bars so shots could cost $6. The bars were small and already half-full when we arrived. The group asked the guide to switch bars, and we waited outside for 5 minutes so he could finish his drink. At the third pub, the people glared at our large group and asked what we were doing .

I'm so sorry that you didn't have a good time on the pub crawl, it is usually one of most popular events! Thank you for your input and we look forward to accommodating you in the future!

It could be more clean

Thank you for your review and input! We work hard to keep the building as clean as possible. Hopefully, we can exceed your expectations in the future!

this is the best hostel I have ever stayed. and the price was unbelievable. distance was pretty disadvantage for this hostel. it was a little far from transportation. except that one, this is the perfect hostel for everyone

Hi, Thanks for your review of our hostel! We appreciate your feedback. Hope to see you again! Best, Mat Meadows GM

We had a very enjoyable stay. The room, and the entire hostel was very clean. Breakfast was excellent. Location was very good. Room size was excellent. My only issue would be the lock to our room. The door did not close well. In order to actually close it, it had to be pulled very hard. When we arrived home one evening out door was ajar. I was sure we had closed it behind behind us, and when I reported it too the desk, the staff we not very helpful or friendly.

Thank you very much for your review! I'm so sorry you had an issue with your door. Maintenance issues are always taken seriously and addressed as quickly as possible. We look forward to accommodating you in the future.

The hostel was in a very nice and safe neighborhood. We stayed in a two bed private room. an the room is very small but enough room for a few suitcases on the floor but not much else, no table is in the room. If you are looking for a place to sleep and decent breakfast this is a good spot. I would stay again as the staff went above and beyond to help with any questions and the subway is only a 5 minute walk away.

Thank you so much for your review! We're glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and thank you for the compliments to our staff! We look forward to accommodating you in the future.

First of all, the breakfast is killer!!!! Waffles, fruits, oatmeal, cereal, bread, bagel, coffee..... The hostels also has plenty of stuff for you to do such as fooseball table, snooker, piano, guitar, tv...... The room is okay. Has an a/c, lockers, and such. A little run down but not bad. The washroom is bright, has a few stalls for shower, but it would be nice if there are more hooks for clothes. The kitchen is well equipped. Location wise, a bit far from d/t. But close to free zoo.

Thanks for staying with us and taking the time to leave us a review! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay! We're currently working on refreshing our rooms so we look forward to accommodating you in the future!

Its amazing place where there are lots of people. Super clean and shower rooms in restroom are always available. The breakfast was scrambled eggs and cereal with milk plus some fruits when I stayed there. Location is good at nice and peaceful neighbourhood. WHAT ELSE CAN I SAY? WHEN IT COMES TO HOSTEL NO ONE IS ITS EQUAL

Thanks for the outstanding review! We appreciate you sharing your feedback with the Hostelworld community! Always great to hear that we're setting the standard. Hope to see you again in the future. Best regards, Mat Meadows General Manager

1 2 3 4 Next » last »