Chicago Getaway Hostel Reviews

616 West Arlington Place, Chicago, Chicago, USA

2097 Total Reviews

Tidy, very efficient place. Great neighborhood. Trader Joe's, Whole Foods and parks all easy walking distance. Travel to Midway airport with convenient L station.

The hostel it's great! Very friendly and comfortablecomfortable, the only thin it could be better is the bed, it shake too much, if you move, the person below will move too.

great place! everything you want from a hostel! -they had things happening every night the staff were knowledgeable and very helpful -they a list of things you can do in chicago if you ever run out of ideas -the communal areas were really nice -you get a free breakfast which is really nice (more than just cereal) -the place was kept very clean especially the bathrooms.

No big variety of breakfast buffet.

Die Betten sind fast am zerfallen aber alles andere war super :)

I really enjoyed my stay at the Chicago Getaway Hostel. Nice breakfast, decent barbecue on Sunday. All you need is a ping-pong table!! I'm trying to think of something negative but I can't. Maybe the location in reference to the nightlife......but the neighborhood was nice and quiet.

good place to stay the night in Chicago

• 17th Jul 2015
  • China

The staff were amazing! Answered every question nicely and always had suggestions for cool stuff to do. Loved the social events. They really helped me bond with the other guests easily in a safe environment.

Very kind staff and BEST hostel I've stayed in yet!

The staff was super helpful and made my stay a perfect one. The evening activities are great, too. It's not self-evident to do that. In total a very nice time for me.

• 17th Jul 2015

The hostel is good overall: good location (not in downtown but still a very nice residential neighborhood with lots of things around), the common areas are nice, staff was helpful and friendly. The only thing I didn't like was my room. It was in the basement, which might have been okay on other days. But I was there on a rainy day, the room felt very humid, and there was no AC.

Good breakfast. Nice Staff

Fue mi primera experiencia de hospedarme en un hostal y quede fascinada. El ambiente es muy bueno y la limpieza del lugar es increíble!

• 15th Jul 2015
  • Mexico

Lindo lugar, los empleados en general siempre muy buena onda. La ubicacion es excelente, el vecindario es hermoso. Recomendable!

Thank you for a wonderful stay! Clean, comfortable and a nice environment. Extra complimentary cookout was nice. Breakfasts were wonderful - plenty of variety. The whole environment was very welcoming and pleasant! We would definitely recommend this hostel and stay there ourselves again!

• 11th Jul 2015

Thank you for the lovely words! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay, we hope to see see you again. Sincerely, General Manager

Excellent.

• 10th Jul 2015

Good location, but this is the grossest hostel I've stayed in. The lobby is clean and well maintained, while the hallways, showers, and rooms are a uncared for. I've stayed in hostels all over the world, and this is the worst yet.

We are sorry if your stay wasn't as satisfactory as we would have liked it to be for you. Thank you for the comments, these suggestions help us to create a better environment for your future patronage. This has been duly noted and we will strive to go above and beyond for our future guests. Sincerely, General Manager

My fiancé and I had a good experience at the hostel. We stayed in a private room with a shared bathroom. The twin bed up top was great, but the double bed at the bottom felt like I was sleeping on an incline, so I never did sleep all that well. Breakfast was decent and the bathrooms were clean. The hostel is only a short 10 minute walk to the nearest metro station - very convenient! We'll definitely stay here again on our next trip to Chicago.

• 6th Jul 2015

We're incredibly glad and proud that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for the feedback for the double-beds, it is something that has been duly noted and will be modified for future patronage! We wish you safe travels and hope to see you again soon! Sincerely, General Manager

One of the most fun hostels I've stayed at. The guitars were a plus, was serenaded by some guests at breakfast. Nice patio. A little bit away from city center, but good public transport. Great and very safe neighborhood. Breakfast was average but kitchen facilities excellent. Helpful staff rearranged my room reservation when I had a disabling accident just prior to arrival.

• 3rd Jul 2015

We appreciate your review! Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you again in the future. - Mat Meadows, General Manager

员工的服务是很不错的,对于第一次到芝加哥的旅客,他们起了很好的旅游指导作用,当我们不知道如何到达目的地时,热情的给我们打印路线,对他们的服务留下了深刻的印象。谢谢。

• 27th Jun 2015