Chicago Getaway Hostel Reviews

616 West Arlington Place, Chicago, Chicago, USA

2063 Total Reviews

Really enjoyed staying here, great location, staff, and loved the breakfasts!

• 26th Jun 2015

Thanks for the great feedback! Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. See you next time! -Mat Meadows General Manager

Only downside are rhe squaky beds in the dorms. Pther then that a great place to stay. It does have a hotel feel.

We had a great stay and I am definitely recommending this hostel to anyone going to Chicago. In fact, I am coming back there tomorrow night to finish my trip, when it was not planned

• 24th Jun 2015

Great hostel, had everything necessary. Though it was a little annoying that the bathroom was super far from my room. But overall very good. Safe, friendly workers, decent breakfast.

Thank you for the awesome review! We look forward to accommodating you in the future!

Periode déjeuner un peu courte et très tot.

Es el mejor alojamiento en el que hemos estado. Es excelente en todos los aspectos. Agradable, limpio, buen ambiente, bien ubicado, personal a disposición, variados espacios comunes amplios y comodos . Disfrutamos mucho nuestra estadía.

My friend and I had a real problem with the Saturday pub crawl. It seemed as if the employee only led it to drink himself, and not to show us anything about the city. The hostel had no arrangements with any of the bars so shots could cost $6. The bars were small and already half-full when we arrived. The group asked the guide to switch bars, and we waited outside for 5 minutes so he could finish his drink. At the third pub, the people glared at our large group and asked what we were doing .

I'm so sorry that you didn't have a good time on the pub crawl, it is usually one of most popular events! Thank you for your input and we look forward to accommodating you in the future!

It could be more clean

Thank you for your review and input! We work hard to keep the building as clean as possible. Hopefully, we can exceed your expectations in the future!

this is the best hostel I have ever stayed. and the price was unbelievable. distance was pretty disadvantage for this hostel. it was a little far from transportation. except that one, this is the perfect hostel for everyone

Hi, Thanks for your review of our hostel! We appreciate your feedback. Hope to see you again! Best, Mat Meadows GM

We had a very enjoyable stay. The room, and the entire hostel was very clean. Breakfast was excellent. Location was very good. Room size was excellent. My only issue would be the lock to our room. The door did not close well. In order to actually close it, it had to be pulled very hard. When we arrived home one evening out door was ajar. I was sure we had closed it behind behind us, and when I reported it too the desk, the staff we not very helpful or friendly.

Thank you very much for your review! I'm so sorry you had an issue with your door. Maintenance issues are always taken seriously and addressed as quickly as possible. We look forward to accommodating you in the future.

The hostel was in a very nice and safe neighborhood. We stayed in a two bed private room. an the room is very small but enough room for a few suitcases on the floor but not much else, no table is in the room. If you are looking for a place to sleep and decent breakfast this is a good spot. I would stay again as the staff went above and beyond to help with any questions and the subway is only a 5 minute walk away.

Thank you so much for your review! We're glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and thank you for the compliments to our staff! We look forward to accommodating you in the future.

First of all, the breakfast is killer!!!! Waffles, fruits, oatmeal, cereal, bread, bagel, coffee..... The hostels also has plenty of stuff for you to do such as fooseball table, snooker, piano, guitar, tv...... The room is okay. Has an a/c, lockers, and such. A little run down but not bad. The washroom is bright, has a few stalls for shower, but it would be nice if there are more hooks for clothes. The kitchen is well equipped. Location wise, a bit far from d/t. But close to free zoo.

Thanks for staying with us and taking the time to leave us a review! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay! We're currently working on refreshing our rooms so we look forward to accommodating you in the future!

Its amazing place where there are lots of people. Super clean and shower rooms in restroom are always available. The breakfast was scrambled eggs and cereal with milk plus some fruits when I stayed there. Location is good at nice and peaceful neighbourhood. WHAT ELSE CAN I SAY? WHEN IT COMES TO HOSTEL NO ONE IS ITS EQUAL

Thanks for the outstanding review! We appreciate you sharing your feedback with the Hostelworld community! Always great to hear that we're setting the standard. Hope to see you again in the future. Best regards, Mat Meadows General Manager

It's simply the best hostel I've stayed in! It's calm, friendly and really well organized. Breakfast is great, they have different options. It's not the typical crazy, party, loud hostel that I personally hate, this is actually a place where you can sleep.

• 25th May 2015
  • Colombia

Greetings! Thanks for the great review! Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and loved our great breakfast. We hope to see you again here soon! Best regards, Mat Meadows General Manager

C'est un endroit vraiment paisible, chaleureux et musical!! (Instruments mis à disposition) Nous avons passé un séjour formidable avec un personel très impliqué et une ambiance très cozy!

Merci pour votre avis! Nous sommes ravis d'apprendre que vous avez apprécié votre séjour chez nous. Nous espérons vous revoir bientôt! Cordialement, mat Meadows Directeur Général

Solo il letto un po' rumoroso; per il resto tutto OK.

• 21st May 2015

A pesar de que me pareció muy limpio y completo el Hostel, no me gusto la habitación porque entraentraba mucho frío por la ventana, el colchón era muy finito y la cama era tipo cárcel. Entonces me pareció malo parpara lo que costaba.

Gracias por resenarnos! Siempre nos estamos improvendo, y valoramos tu opinion. En este momento, estamos renovando las habitaciones, incluyendo las camas. Esperamos que nos visite otra vez en el futuro! Saludos, Mat Meadows GM

The toilet seat could use a cover. I hated always having to look in there and my things falling in there. It would be nice to have some hooks and paper towels in the bathroom. The staff was great! Very clean place. Nice big rooms. Spacious common area. Great breakfast variety and I like the idea of a clean up crew to keep things orderly. Nice neighborhood. I would stay there again.

Greetings: Thanks for the review! We're always improving here at the Chicago Getaway Hostel and appreciate your feedback. Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and liked our breakfast. We hope to see you again soon! Best regards, Mat Meadows General Manager

excellent!

Hi, Thanks for thinking we are excellent! Hope to see you again soon. Best, Mat Meadows General Manager

Probably the nicest hostel I've stayed in. Great location to be close to the "city" but in an actual neighborhood with lots to do besides sightseeing.

Hi, Thanks for your great review of the Chicago Getaway Hostel! So glad you enjoyed your stay and loved our neighborhood! Hope to see you again soon. Best, Mat Meadows General Manager

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4