Chicago Hostel Reviews

Zhukovskogo Street 4 Bld 1, Basmanny, Moscow, Russia

I just returned from a stay at this place with a group of 3 friends and I have to say that it is the worst accommodation I have ever used in my lifetime. I have no idea when those pictures were taken but if I had to guess, I’d say it was just after a renovation or when the place originally opened. There is a mention of “24 hour security” but the doors are never locked. There is nothing to stop someone entering the building door, the hostel front door and then the bedrooms. We were given keys to

• 9th Apr 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Not a hostel - a halfway house, no TV, no entertainment, and staff do not take complaints/queries seriously. We were asked to leave earlier than the check out time. The deposit taken at booking through hostelworld was not taken off the cost charged on arrival - only after we enquired numerous times were we reimbursed

The staff at Chicago Hostel were awesome!!!

A very nice place to stay in Moscow. Location is perfect!

Best staff we met in our three month trip. Really care about helping getting us to the airport at the crack of dawn. Amazinf waffles in the morning and otherwise all good, clean and nice typical hostel setup, Nut the staff really made it.

Chicago is an excellent option for those like me travelling by oneself and spending all day out exploring the city and surroundings, great and friendly service all trough from cleaning helper to management staff. Second time I've used them for a last minute Moscow trip so they've got good availability as well.

• 10th Nov 2013

Chicago hostel looks like a it's in a dodgy building and the entrance isn't well marked. It's on the 1st floor. It appears to be a family owned hostel, with all the fantastically welcoming atmosphere. Beds are clean and showers are new. The staff speak English well. I recommend Moscow, this hostel, and Russia!

• 9th Nov 2013
  • Serbia

Super happy with my stay. Beds we comforty, hostel was clean and staff were really helpful. I would stay again. Great value for money. Really lively hostel!

• 5th Nov 2013

Excellent location real close to the metro and nice staff to help you with everything you would need. Wi-fi was excellent too. It is located in a real nice neighbourhood that features a very boulevard park that is only a minute from the front door of the hostel. Beds were very comfy too, I slept great each night.

• 25th Oct 2013

Excellent hostel. Walking distance (almost non-existent term for Moscow!) to Kremlin area. Good directions on places to go in Moscow. Staff were helpful. Everything really clean. Breakfast is awesome too. They provide cereals and fresh waffles (an American version).

• 22nd Oct 2013
  • Hungary

The staff is extremely knowledgeable about what's around. A good location with a short walk to the nearest metro station. There is a common area and large kitchen (social activities were arranged as well).