Chili Blue Backpackers Reviews

144 Victoria Street, Kings Cross, Kings Cross, Sydney, Australia

There were Cockroaches everywhere. This place had great free things for backpackers to do for free, and the event manager was awesome. The location was a bit dodgy and on the weekends it was boring and expensiveexpensive. I would not recommend.

• 16th May 2015

Great location, only minute or two away from the train station and bars. Great atmosphere in the hostel, everyone is always up for a night out and there's plenty of free food offered throughout the week! The television in the kitchen has a full sports subscription so you can always catch the football playing back home too. Room was a good size so great value for money

• 11th May 2015

I had a great time at chili blue. everyone was very friendly and helpful. its in a great location for going out and for the CBD. Defiantly recommend it

• 10th May 2015

The staff is very unfriendly, exept the guy who is cleaning the Wohle Hostel! There is Party everybody Night! It is very loud and the people do Not care if you want to sleep. I changed my arriving Date and got a confirmation. As i arrivied the booking was not change in the System! I had to stay in amorpher Hostel which was Dirty and the Whiskey room was füll of small Insekts !!!! The Price might be good, but i Would Pay More and go to a Vetter Place!

The service was very bad, they acomodated more people then they could so there were not enought beds on the hostel. The bethroom were durty and the rooms smelled funny. I don't recomend this place.

• 30th Apr 2015

Cons: -Cockroaches everywhere. One crawling over my bag in the bedroom, crawling up the wall right beside my bed, an uncountable amount in the kitchen, cooked in there once then went out for food the rest of the time. -There were 4 lockers in the 4 man bedroom, 2 of which were broken so couldnt be locked. -Just generally a dirty place to stay. Pros: -Friendly staff -Not a bad location, right by the train station and shops. A 15 mins walk from the city center. -Cheap -Clean bathroom

• 19th Apr 2015

How awful! This is probably the worst hostel I've stayed in so far. We were in a totally creepy room with 3 beds, extremely dark (the only view was a wall and our neighbours room). Several electrical outlets were connected to each other, which was not reassuring. No receptionist during the night, and nobody to call if necessary! Breakfast was OK, too bad it is not served after 9am. The WC and shower were changed recently but unfortunately this is not enough to raise the standard of this hostel.

I am sorry to hear that you have not enjoyed your stay with us. A little travel tip for your next reservation: You will never get a room with the best view in town by making a cheap filter search on any booking websites, in the same spirit most hotels with 24 hour reception are usually more expensive. No HOSTELS serve breakfast at 11 am, that is called Lunch. As you mentioned our bathrooms are new and cleaned twice per day so your overall note for our cleanliness is quite unfair.

Cleaning.

Great place. People here party almost every night. Close to a lot of pubs and resturants. You can take the bus\tramp to everywhere in the city.

Not the friendliest receptionist.

Old building, prvte rm-smelt damp, be fit/flexible if ovr 40-steep stairs r a challenge. Cleaner Jeff wrks hrd all day keeping common areas clean, it's the guests that need house training. Blonde reception guy is yr go-to fr info, v.helpful. Value fr $: comp WiFi, brkfast supplied btwn 7:30-9am gt thr early b4 th boiled eggs go! bedding supplied, gd AC, flat scrn wth random TV, ace bar fridge. $20 rfndbl hire kitchn kit (croc/cutlery) or BYO. Males generally won't mind ths bkpkr. Big ups ovrall.

• 9th Mar 2015
  • New Zealand

French guy on reception was overheard swearing quite a lot and although mostly pleasant was overheard being quite rude to some other guests. Hostel needs a good coat of paint and general touch up. Also you should ban smoking in the court, the kitchen stinks of smoke from outside which also sometimes went into the bathrooms.

Unless your willing to be part of a "click" dont stay here. The rooms weren't clean, the kitchen wasn't either but the showers were. Overall it was an experence I wouldn't try again, If your reading this review and are still willing to book this place, GOODLUCK :-)

Speak to Tom at the desk if you're stuck on what to do or where to go in Aus! He's an awesome guy!! Everyone at the hostel is practically living there so hard to meet people also traveling soon.

The showers here are really good and they are always clean. The free breakfast every morning and free pizza, pasta and bbq on certain days of the week is a great bonus too considering its far cheaper to stay here than most other hostels. The atmosphere is great too, people are very friendly.

Smelt a little funky in our room. Great price. We were right beside a toilet which was a little annoying but the wifi bonus was nice when it worked. Kitchen was great same with the hangout area. Our floors were sticky but other than that the room was a good size and the mini fridge was a bonus! Friendly and helpful staff!

The room was dirty when I arrived, they didn't clean it. I saw cockroach in my room during all the days that I spent there. During the night the reception is closed, so they don`t have the control of who enter or get out from the hostel. The kitchen was very dirty also.

There was a constant strange smell and the Carpets were covered in suspicious looking stains and the lockers did not lock. I found the staff sarcastic and rude, and they threw out my food even though it was labelled. On leaving was told I could not have my deposit back in cash, even though that was how I paid! I realise you get what you pay for in hostels, but this was the 12th one I'd stayed in in Australia and the only one I had a bad experience in, one positive, the showers were clean

a beautiful hostel. a location near the train station, the city and 30 minute to bondi beatch. a very family atmosphere with bbq and beer pong. really clean hostel with 2 claners everyday.

• 2nd Feb 2015

Worst ever hostel!

• 19th Jan 2015

Dear Guest, We are sorry to hear that you have not enjoyed your stay with us. Perhaps being a bit more specific on this comment would help us on how we can improve our service. Until next time