Chili Blue Backpackers Reviews

144 Victoria Street, Kings Cross, Kings Cross, Sydney, Australia

The best hotel i stayed at out of about 10 in Sydney - it's run really well and the manager helped me on several occasions with questions about the city. Breakfast was brilliant and well worth getting up for. Location is good an easy 20 minute walk to the bridge - a nice walk aswell. Bedroom was kept clean everyday and the bed was very comfy. Wifi was brilliant!! kitchen had everything you needed. Couldn't ask for much more!! Fully booked every night i was there so book fast!!

The hostel was in a great location, with train access to Bondi and a short walk to Sydney Central. The staff were all helpful and friendly and helped make our stay enjoyable. We also loved the free breakfast and wifi!!! Loved it so much we extended twice! :)

• 30th Oct 2014

A lot of rules and a lot of things you could get a fine for, it made me think more of a school or a prison, than a place for a holiday.

no comments, the worst

• 13th Oct 2014
  • Argentina

I had a great stay, I was able to keep some luggage with them whilst I travelled up to Brisbane for the week and then I checked back in to the hostel which was a lifesaver. Hostel is cleaned pretty regularly each day and the staff have been super friendly and helpful.

Very cozy. Helpful staff

The location is excellent steps from Kings Cross Station. The owner and front desk staff are very helpful and accommodating. Steve at he front desk was so informative and helpful always offering his help even when I stopped him at 11pm to ask about a day trip in the morning. No outdoor space after 10Reiss and the Club promotions team know the best party spots stick with them. Hostel is clean however quite run down, but you defiantly get your value for the money paid, for Sydney the price is good

First off, location was fantastic. A minutes walk to the train station, and a pleasant 45 minutes to the Opera House and Circular Quay and downtown area. Although it's in Kings Cross I felt safe with their keycard security. The hostel, rooms, and washrooms were always spotless. The kitchen was good, but It would've been nice to see an oven. Overall I had a very good time and for how cheap it is, you can't go wrong!! The staff didn't seem as openly friendly however. Recommend it!

A good atmosphere in the hostel and the beds were sufficient for purpose. Staff and guests very friendly. Very reasonable rates and good if you are on a budget. A $20 deposit is taken on check-in for the key and if you want to use the kitchen then a $20 deposit is taken for plates- be aware they can only refund deposits to card, even if cash was paid. The only drawback for me was the showers, low pressure and difficult to control the temperature, other than that I would recommend.

• 22nd Sep 2014

Staff co-operative however very disorganised. main common area shabby and un cement. House keeping excellent very friendly ! Safety in the hostel was very satisfying Other guests -average backpackers!! Double private room , great! TV & fridge very handy!

• 20th Sep 2014
  • British Virgin Islands

I don't even want to waste my time listing everything that's wrong with this place. If you're desperate go for it otherwise DON'T STAY!

• 13th Sep 2014

We are just wondering why you are you wasting both of our time with this comment ? Perhaps next time you make a search for accommodation you should not click on the pricing low to high filter and go for a superior double room in one of the many Sydney properties you will find on the net. Your private double was $67 on a weekend rate and it came with TV, Fridge Air con and although it was shared bathroom you had one just outside your room so I don't get what you are whinging about there!

I stayed for three nights at this hostel. I found the guy on the front desk a little abrupt and didnt actually show us around anything we had to just work it out by ourselves. They cleanliness was very poor. Stained carpets and walls didnt make me feel comfortable. I found it very dark and dingy. Althought shower and toilet facilities did see, to appear clean i dont think there was enough to accomodate the amount of people staying.

• 11th Sep 2014

Dear Guest, We thank you for your comment and would like to just point out that our hostel as a total of 7 bathrooms spread across the 3 parts of our building. Depending on which end of the building you were you may have bot notice some of these bathrooms, if you had asked reception we would've kindly give you direction to another bathroom. As for the cleanliness you would have perhaps noticed that the hostel was undergoing some maintenance work (improvement of common areas and painting).

Nice place for a budget stay, location really good!

Dear Guest, We really thank you for taking the time to right a positive comment about our property. We wish you a great continuation to your travels and don't hesitate to book with us again.

Except from the location which is good (25min walking from the city center), one of the staff is really unfriendly and not willing to help, the other guy was alright though. The bathroom were clean. The room was very small, we couldn't actually fit in it if we were all standing up!!! Value for money was average. I paid different prices (increase of $10) from one night to another with no apparent reason !!!

Good for the price.

• 28th Aug 2014

When we stayed here the electricity didn't work which was really annoying as we had to board a 12 hour bus to melbourne that evening with our phones uncharged! Apart from that our stay was good value.

Probably, the best value hostel in Kings Cross. Free Internet, breakfast, Friday night pasta

• 10th Aug 2014
  • Malaysia

Advantages: clean, tidy, nice people at the reception, smell good, free300mB/ dayfor internet, near Kings Cross station, 20 min from the Opera house, 10min from Oxfort st, free extra blanket, free breakfast. Disadvantages: no soap in the bathroom, cold during the night, the shower at the last level doesn't have any pressure. The price online is attractive for an 8 bedrooms ($10/day, $20/day during the W-E) then, if you want to stay, it's 19$/ day.

• 6th Aug 2014

It would be nice to have some soap in toilets and bathroom sinks

very nice and helpfull staff apart from a great location only minutes by foot to center

• 10th Jul 2014