Chili Blue Backpackers Reviews

144 Victoria Street, Kings Cross, Kings Cross, Sydney, Australia

Nice place for a budget stay, location really good!

Except from the location which is good (25min walking from the city center), one of the staff is really unfriendly and not willing to help, the other guy was alright though. The bathroom were clean. The room was very small, we couldn't actually fit in it if we were all standing up!!! Value for money was average. I paid different prices (increase of $10) from one night to another with no apparent reason !!!

Good for the price.

• 28th Aug 2014

When we stayed here the electricity didn't work which was really annoying as we had to board a 12 hour bus to melbourne that evening with our phones uncharged! Apart from that our stay was good value.

Probably, the best value hostel in Kings Cross. Free Internet, breakfast, Friday night pasta

• 10th Aug 2014
  • Malaysia

Advantages: clean, tidy, nice people at the reception, smell good, free300mB/ dayfor internet, near Kings Cross station, 20 min from the Opera house, 10min from Oxfort st, free extra blanket, free breakfast. Disadvantages: no soap in the bathroom, cold during the night, the shower at the last level doesn't have any pressure. The price online is attractive for an 8 bedrooms ($10/day, $20/day during the W-E) then, if you want to stay, it's 19$/ day.

• 6th Aug 2014

It would be nice to have some soap in toilets and bathroom sinks

very nice and helpfull staff apart from a great location only minutes by foot to center

• 10th Jul 2014
  • Portugal

Great atmosphere and lots of great people - some hard-working entertainment directors make sure the house party has something going on every night (even if it is just another trip to the local bars and clubs, haha). Super cheap - great value. Good facilities and location, very close to the subway, supermarket, cafes, restaurants and within walking distance to the city centre. Highly recommended.

Stay was very cheap and I definitely got my moneys worth and more. Felt good at the hostel, nice atmosphere and facilities were good for the price. Breakfast wasn't anything to shout Hurrah for but then at that price I wouldn't expect breakfast at all. WiFi did not work or was completely unusable when it did. Dorms were nice and not too big. There was lots of noise but it went quiet rather effective at 11.30 or so, which is more than can be said for most city hostels.

its nice hostel which is budgeted in sydney. good location, free wifi, friendly staffs. i would definately come again :)

its noise at night:( People who are not living in this hostel can entry easily:(

Very good location, minutes walk to train and kings cross. The hostel is more like a big house and the staff are helpful! Had a great stay and it was by far the cheapest place in town!

• 10th Jun 2014

เก็บ deposit 20 ดอลล์สำหรับคีย์การ์ด และอีก 20 ดอลล์สำหรับจานชาม โดนจ่ายเป็นเงินสด โดยไม่แจ้งก่อนว่าจะคืนเข้าบัตรเท่านั้น มีแขกด้วยกันเมาเละในห้องครัวตอนกลางคืน เสียงดังมาก เบียร์เลอะเต็มห้องครัว ไม่มีสตาฟตอนกลางคืน สภาพโดยรวมโอเค ใกล้รถไฟฟ้า และสามารถเดินไปเที่ยวในเมืองได้ ไม่ไกล ห้องน้ำสะอาดดี เตียงสะอาด รับได้สำหรับราคานี้

it was a fun time except for the stress with payment. I ordered the secure booking so that I wouldnt be charged if I cancelled it. I called to cancel 3 out of the 5 days earlier in the day and they did not honor the booking protection, so I was charged. Then they forgot (probably should have written down) that we cancelled 2 of the other days, and the receptionist wouldnt let me check in unless I paid the full amount. Checking in was a nightmare, it was loud, no soap in the bathrooms etc.

The windows can only be opened a bit so the air gets very bad they don't have any airconditioning! The bathrooms were clean but the kitchen was ugly! The good thing is that you can walk to the opera house and the harbour bridge... everything is very close to the hostel but there would be a metro station just a few meters as well!

Well, we couldn't lock the showers or toilets doors. The whole hostel was messy, it's more a party hostel for young people wanting to play Goon Pong and end up drunk sleeping on the couch in the dirty dinning room. The location is perfect by the way. The staff is alright but I wanted to checkout early, around 7am, and I had to wait til 8:30 because the receiption was closed. And if you want to sleep avoid the room 24 (I think it was it) which is just above the courtyard.

really nice people! enjoyed my stay! would come back. Reception is very nice and helpful :)

• 22nd Apr 2014

My room was good! Kitchen area didt have any sitting area! A few but hey, there is a lo of people! Yucky breakfast.. The toilets always got blocked, and no one fixed them! No locks on the showerdoord or one lock on the toiletdoor. Shocking!

• 17th Apr 2014
  • Norway

You get what you pay for. It's cheap but the kitchen was too small and you could't really close the toilet door. I stayed there for 3 nights and every night they played goon-pong, it's more kind of a party hostel, very lound in the night. There was not much space for our bags,lockers but not big enough for a backpack. Staff was very friendly and the hostel is close to the train station.