Chili Blue Backpackers Reviews

144 Victoria Street, Kings Cross, Kings Cross, Sydney, Australia

Good location, clean enough. Loud parties in the courtyard at night but they stopped at a reasonable time.

Reception should be open longer

Party/live in hostel , people had random pets there , the atmosphere was very .. Weird. I have stayed in hostels all across Thailand /Philippines / and Australia so me personally it wasn't a problem but I can see why a lot of people wouldn't want to stay there. Blinds covered in moss , lots of cockroaches , place is generally very run down and needs revamp , do not expect a warm welcome from staff and they tried to rip me off so I left ! Tried to charge over double to extend my stay lol! I'm out

Hostel was very run down. The toilets and showers didn't lock, the rooms were hot and smelly, the kitchen was dirty and there was not enough breakfast. Wifi was also not working properly. Would definitely not stay again. Only redeeming feature was the good security using key card access.

Worst hostel I've visited from around the world! Rude and ignorant staff from the start, talking with friends ignoring me while I'm stood waiting to check in. Booked into a 6 bed price and ended with an 8 bed dirty room. Only positive was the other people in the hostel where nice travelers. If there is no bus stops available to sleep under then this should be your last option.

Room had a leak which led to the dorm smelling damp and foul. The showers and toilets were filthy and think I counted like 3 of both in the whole building. I got stuck in a toilet because you have to vigourously shake the door to get out (then cut my arm on the door). The wonky stairs which have to be against health and safety rules! But breakfast was a nice touch and the beds weren't that bad even if there was a fidgety sleeper in the bunk above me! Rules that are there also work very well.

• 12th Jan 2016

Unfortunately no lockers in our room. The hostel itself is really nice, well situated and pretty clean. The breakfast includes also eggs and cheese :-)

• 10th Jan 2016
  • Austria

Not only was the hostel disgustingly dirty, they charged my card several days after leaving the hostel with no contact or explanation and stole my money. AVOID this hostel.

The day I arrived, the guy at the check-in desk was really uninterested and on the phone 60% of the time. The other day there was a fun guy who did make my day though, so put people like him at the desk every day and it would be a huge improvement already. The room was definitely too small for all four backpacks and it was so humid that it was smelly, gross and damp. Needed to wash all of my clothes after.. And I even found a slug on my bag!! It was a disaster as you might be able to imagine.

• 4th Jan 2016

Place could do with a renovation because a bad smell just lingers all day and night despite the cleaners they have in . Atmosphere is pretty good, people very friendly during my stay and common area stays open all night

Unfriedly stuff Small rooms Dirty rooms Dirty bathrooms Breakfast ours a way to short!

Really good location, rooms are clean and quiet, staff is friendly specially the French guy :) it's a very good value for money because the breakfast is included, twice a week you get free food (yes !), wifi is included as well. If you want to spend a good time in Sydney come at the Chiliblue in Kingscross !

• 15th Dec 2015

Great value for money in a good location, with the hostel being quite small it gives a good opportunity to get to know everybody. Free breakfast every morning aswell. Only downside is the rooms are a bit tatty could do with modernisation.

Realy nice hostel! Good facilities, free acess to computer and free wifi!!! Clean place!!! Helpful staff!!! A little bit noisy at night but i would recommand this place to everyone!

Good location (15 minutes from the center, 2 minutes from the King Cross Station). Situated in a street where there are a lot of backpackers, good atmosphere. Very nice staff. Facilities are great : free food 2 days in the week and free entrance with one free drink for a bar or a club almost all nights.

• 19th Nov 2015

You definitely get you pay for in terms of the cheap dorms here. I was in a really tiny 4bed dorm with a fan and no room to move at all. But shower was good and free breakfast is on point with eggs, toast, and cereal. Wifi didn't work from the room. Good value for a night or 2.

hi we don't provide internet inside the rooms, only common areas. you wanted a cheap room. if you ask for a more expensive room you get a better room. we even have dorms with balcony and harbor view but i assume you didn't want to pay the higher price. safe travels... cheers

The staff were laughable rude and unhelpful, the worst I have ever experienced. They didn't tell us until we were paying that we would have to sleep in a double bed, two girls, in a room with five other guys and said it was "an upgrade." The water pressure sucks and the whole place has a disgusting smell. People openly smoke weed outside and in and absolutely no security, two guys slept in one bed and one of them didn't stay in our room. Weird experience, I would never stay here again

What is laughable is that our records indicates that you extended your stay by 1 night in that same room and same bed. Why would you extend if it's that bad? I have asked the staff member who extended you and he said he offered you to go back in 2 single beds but you wanted to keep it that way because it worked out cheaper. We do not allow guest to consume drugs in the hostel, we have evicted hundreds of people for this matter in the past but this will be an ongoing battle I am afraid.

It is the worst place I have ever been, it was really dirty in the bathrooms, toilets, everywhere ! It smelled very bad and there was some cockrouches in my room !

• 23rd Oct 2015

coming from the guy who throws up in the corner of the room and doesn't tell us until checkout! okay thank you for your "honest" review. next time i guess we should charge the full price of carpet cleaning.

When we arrived there, first, they coludn't put our group on the same room, then they said they could put us close to each other, but it wasn't true. The room wasn't properly clean and was too hot... The shower place was far from the room and not enough for everyone on the shower rush hour... I wouldn't come back

It is a fine hostel. And you get free 100 MB of wifi access every day. And free breakfast as well. Loved our stay here. It was cheaper than most other hostels I've been, much cleaner and quite at night if you need to rest.

• 3rd Oct 2015
  • Czech Republic

Thank you for such a nice feedback. We wish you good continuation to your aussie adventure. Many thanks The management