Chili Blue Backpackers Reviews

144 Victoria Street, Kings Cross, Kings Cross, Sydney, Australia

very nice and helpfull staff apart from a great location only minutes by foot to center

• 10th Jul 2014
  • Portugal

Stay was very cheap and I definitely got my moneys worth and more. Felt good at the hostel, nice atmosphere and facilities were good for the price. Breakfast wasn't anything to shout Hurrah for but then at that price I wouldn't expect breakfast at all. WiFi did not work or was completely unusable when it did. Dorms were nice and not too big. There was lots of noise but it went quiet rather effective at 11.30 or so, which is more than can be said for most city hostels.

its nice hostel which is budgeted in sydney. good location, free wifi, friendly staffs. i would definately come again :)

its noise at night:( People who are not living in this hostel can entry easily:(

Very good location, minutes walk to train and kings cross. The hostel is more like a big house and the staff are helpful! Had a great stay and it was by far the cheapest place in town!

• 10th Jun 2014

เก็บ deposit 20 ดอลล์สำหรับคีย์การ์ด และอีก 20 ดอลล์สำหรับจานชาม โดนจ่ายเป็นเงินสด โดยไม่แจ้งก่อนว่าจะคืนเข้าบัตรเท่านั้น มีแขกด้วยกันเมาเละในห้องครัวตอนกลางคืน เสียงดังมาก เบียร์เลอะเต็มห้องครัว ไม่มีสตาฟตอนกลางคืน สภาพโดยรวมโอเค ใกล้รถไฟฟ้า และสามารถเดินไปเที่ยวในเมืองได้ ไม่ไกล ห้องน้ำสะอาดดี เตียงสะอาด รับได้สำหรับราคานี้

it was a fun time except for the stress with payment. I ordered the secure booking so that I wouldnt be charged if I cancelled it. I called to cancel 3 out of the 5 days earlier in the day and they did not honor the booking protection, so I was charged. Then they forgot (probably should have written down) that we cancelled 2 of the other days, and the receptionist wouldnt let me check in unless I paid the full amount. Checking in was a nightmare, it was loud, no soap in the bathrooms etc.

The windows can only be opened a bit so the air gets very bad they don't have any airconditioning! The bathrooms were clean but the kitchen was ugly! The good thing is that you can walk to the opera house and the harbour bridge... everything is very close to the hostel but there would be a metro station just a few meters as well!

Well, we couldn't lock the showers or toilets doors. The whole hostel was messy, it's more a party hostel for young people wanting to play Goon Pong and end up drunk sleeping on the couch in the dirty dinning room. The location is perfect by the way. The staff is alright but I wanted to checkout early, around 7am, and I had to wait til 8:30 because the receiption was closed. And if you want to sleep avoid the room 24 (I think it was it) which is just above the courtyard.

really nice people! enjoyed my stay! would come back. Reception is very nice and helpful :)

• 22nd Apr 2014

My room was good! Kitchen area didt have any sitting area! A few but hey, there is a lo of people! Yucky breakfast.. The toilets always got blocked, and no one fixed them! No locks on the showerdoord or one lock on the toiletdoor. Shocking!

• 17th Apr 2014
  • Norway

You get what you pay for. It's cheap but the kitchen was too small and you could't really close the toilet door. I stayed there for 3 nights and every night they played goon-pong, it's more kind of a party hostel, very lound in the night. There was not much space for our bags,lockers but not big enough for a backpack. Staff was very friendly and the hostel is close to the train station.

It is a cheap hostel so don't expect a lot. In general, it all looks old and damaged. The bathroom was really bad: the toilet door didn't close properly and the showers couldn't be locked. The room we stayed in had an awful smell (!!), probably because there was only one window. But again: it is cheap compared to other hostels and the price includes a basic breakfast. Also, the location is nice.

• 5th Apr 2014
  • South Korea

The worst hostel I have ever stayed in. I am quite laid back and don't mind a lot of things but this was quite possibly THE DIRTIEST HOSTEL EVER.... Two toilets which are unisex covered in urine, three unisex showers covered in hairs , just filthy, bedclothes dirty, paint peeling off the walls, tiny rooms. I was meant to stay for three nights but checked out after the first night. I am a female but my boyfriend who usually doesn't notice anything also thought this place was bad.DO NOT STAY HERE

Worst hostel ever visited. The shared room was full of rubbish and the pavement was plenty of dresses and things,in the evenings and nights after the 10pm limit (until 2am one night) there was loud annoying bad music in common area and in the courtyard where many rooms are exposed The staff seems to be very willing, but they made really nothing to repair the situation, and when I asked to check out with a refund for remaining days they used a lot of excuses and didn't refund me The wi-fi is slow

• 19th Mar 2014

First and foremost the atmosphere was really good and the people are having a great time. The hostel is small and not overly clean but still alright.

• 27th Feb 2014

Really dirty.. Kitchen just put me off cooking and bed bugs in the beds. This is the first time I have ever written a bad review for anything.

• 23rd Feb 2014

Not the best place I stayed. When I was there 2 of the 4 toilets were out of order, and it was a noisier than average place. The common area outside was noisy even late at night. On the positive side, there was complimentary breakfast and good location.

Was so noise there are no staff on at night so if u want to sleep the music is on till 6 am. The room was hot and smelly no air flow

My stuff got robbed from my room no security unless u have your own lock, the rooms were very dirty... the toilets were always blocked.. construction was goin on from early morning.. all my food in the fridge was stolen. Someone when toilet in the bedroom floor. Staff were nice most of the time. I hated my 16 days there.

• 8th Feb 2014