6.5
Good 903 Total Reviews
6.5
Good 903 Total Reviews
Chili Blue Backpackers Located at 144 Victoria Street, Kings Cross, Kings Cross, Sydney.
Australia
Sydney New South Wales NSW 2011 144 Victoria Street, Kings Cross, Kings Cross
65% 903
-33.8721771 151.2229840
    Rooms available

1st Jul 2016
5.4

It was cold (July), rather dirty, and noisy by night. My room was really small, cold and illuminated (from outside) even by night. The staff was rude, they didn't explain me anything when I arrived and never smiled. I booked a 10-bed dorm via Hostelworld, and they gave me a 4-bed room (good!) when I arrived; but then, to make my staying 2 days longer, I wasn't allowed to book online and I paid 21 instead of 16 $. Last night I went to Zing Hostel (5 meters far): way much better!

• England, Male, 25-30
21st Jun 2016

Have rated the cleanliness highly as the cleaners were superb, all bathrooms and showers were cleaned to a high standard daily. However my actual dorm did smell awful. Also all the hallways are narrow, making it feel a bit claustrophobic, but they have made the most of an old building, all the showers and toilets are efficiently tucked away.

• USA, Male, 18-24
26th May 2016
8.0

Let's get the cons out of the way first; Cons: - Rooms were cramped (usually 4 people to a room). Everyday I had to sleep with my luggage on my bed because there was no room anywhere else. - No curtains for the room near the exit. Light and cold kept creeping in. - Dirty kitchen (bring your own utensils if you plan to cook) - Wi-fi kept crashing in and out. Can only use 525MB a day. Pros: - Staff was always fantastic - Everybody is nice - free breakfast and wifi - Super cheap

• England, Female, 18-24
12th May 2016
4.3

Worst hostel I've ever stayed in. The long term residents were so unhygienic and foul smelling. We had to change rooms due to the smell and still the standard of the room was shocking, the room had no curtains and there was still building work to be completed on the ceiling. Staff were quite helpful. There was also cockroaches and I could hardly sleep at night I felt so uncomfortable.

9th May 2016
6.6

Dorm rooms extremely small. Everything is pretty old and looks run-down. The hostel is in need of some major upgrades. Have to pay a AUD$ 20.00 deposit to get some fricking silverware and plate. Hostel provides free breakfast. If you don't rent a cup you can't drink anything.

• Singapore, Female, 18-24
20th Apr 2016
4.6

There were key cards to this hostel, but my dormitory door was purposely kept open with a bin. The room for 8 housed 9 because one was crashing with her boyfriend and not paying. It was filthy and despite food ban in dormitories, it was full of food on beds and floor. There were no fans, no functioning windows, no functioning air conditioning. Hostel was also a crazy party hostel where they played goon pong and flip cup loudly everyday. Literally, insufficient words to describe this experience.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
4th Apr 2016
6.6

So many dude bros and party people. I was so tired of the ruthless disrespect by roommates.

• robbyweav
  • England, Male, 25-30
1st Apr 2016
8.0

Great hostel which mixes the party side and the rest side well. Rooms are quiet and secure with key card access with large lockable cupboards and comfortable mattresses. Was fairly clean, did come across a fair few cockroaches during my stay but not unexpected due to open windows etc. Courtyard is small but great for beer pong and some drinks. Common room has a pc connected to the tv to watch Netflix or YouTube etc. Some great nights out organised too. Would recommend.

• England, Couple, 25-30
28th Mar 2016
5.1

Usually don't leave negative reviews but our stay here wasn't a good first impression to Australia. Poor cleanliness and cockroaches, lack of atmosphere, expensive, unfriendly staff, rooms smelly and messy. However, good free breakfast and space to store and cook food.

• Hyson
  • China, Male, 25-30
7th Mar 2016
7.4

Some staff is good, some are not. My roommate underneath me suffered bedbug, but not me. There are 3 showers and they are pretty clean. You can have some free basic breakfast, and you better go to the kitchen earlier, otherwise the eggs and cheese are gone. I was in 2 different rooms during my stay, and one room doesn't have air conditioning. There are lockers in the room. The location is pretty good, 5min to Coles. 20 min to opera house. In general, it's pretty good.