Chili Blue Backpackers Reviews

144 Victoria Street, Kings Cross, Kings Cross, Sydney, Australia

The manager was rude and akted like an idiot. He treated people with no respect. My room was good! Kitchen area didt have any sitting area! A few but hey, there is a lo of people! Yucky breakfast.. The toilets always got blocked, and no one fixed them! No locks on the showerdoord or one lock on the toiletdoor. Shocking! Worst hostel ever!!!!! Dont stay here!!

• 17th Apr 2014
  • Norway

You get what you pay for. It's cheap but the kitchen was too small and you could't really close the toilet door. I stayed there for 3 nights and every night they played goon-pong, it's more kind of a party hostel, very lound in the night. There was not much space for our bags,lockers but not big enough for a backpack. Staff was very friendly and the hostel is close to the train station.

• 11th Apr 2014

It is a cheap hostel so don't expect a lot. In general, it all looks old and damaged. The bathroom was really bad: the toilet door didn't close properly and the showers couldn't be locked. The room we stayed in had an awful smell (!!), probably because there was only one window. But again: it is cheap compared to other hostels and the price includes a basic breakfast. Also, the location is nice.

• 5th Apr 2014
  • South Korea

The worst hostel I have ever stayed in. I am quite laid back and don't mind a lot of things but this was quite possibly THE DIRTIEST HOSTEL EVER.... Two toilets which are unisex covered in urine, three unisex showers covered in hairs , just filthy, bedclothes dirty, paint peeling off the walls, tiny rooms. I was meant to stay for three nights but checked out after the first night. I am a female but my boyfriend who usually doesn't notice anything also thought this place was bad.DO NOT STAY HERE

Worst hostel ever visited. The shared room was full of rubbish and the pavement was plenty of dresses and things,in the evenings and nights after the 10pm limit (until 2am one night) there was loud annoying bad music in common area and in the courtyard where many rooms are exposed The staff seems to be very willing, but they made really nothing to repair the situation, and when I asked to check out with a refund for remaining days they used a lot of excuses and didn't refund me The wi-fi is slow

• 19th Mar 2014

First and foremost the atmosphere was really good and the people are having a great time. The hostel is small and not overly clean but still alright.

• 27th Feb 2014

Really dirty.. Kitchen just put me off cooking and bed bugs in the beds. This is the first time I have ever written a bad review for anything.

• 23rd Feb 2014

Was so noise there are no staff on at night so if u want to sleep the music is on till 6 am. The room was hot and smelly no air flow

My stuff got robbed from my room no security unless u have your own lock, the rooms were very dirty... the toilets were always blocked.. construction was goin on from early morning.. all my food in the fridge was stolen. Someone when toilet in the bedroom floor. Staff were nice most of the time. I hated my 16 days there.

• 8th Feb 2014

very dirty

• 8th Feb 2014

It's a very interesting hostel, that's for sure. Depending on what you want to do in Sydney it could be great or not the perfect place for you. If you wanna party every night and be social definitely go to this place! If you just want to check out Sydney and you enjoy some rest I wouldn't advice this place. The biggest downside for me was the absolute useless Wi-Fi. Showers were pretty clean and the place was well kept. Only a shame there wasn't a real spot to store valuables in the room itself.

Very bad hostel, kitchen was absolutely shockingly bad, 2 working hobs for a hostel with probably upwards of 50 beds with cramped conditions and very bad layout,needs alot of improvement. Travel websites blocked on the wifi. By far the worst hostel ive stayed in on my trip and ive been travelling for 10 months now.

staff very low to help their guests

• 13th Jan 2014

The only good thing about this hostel was being upgraded, after being told there was no room at all for us. Luckily I was with my boyfriend, so it was nice...until we got in the room. our bags barely fit In there, there was no space...not even A window. The bathrooms barely get cleaned by the looks of things. There is no one there past 7pm, which in A place like kings cross is needed...the kitchen was awful, and the common room was A mess. Stayed in A lot nicer hostels....

Great social!

Had a great time at chilli blue. A walk to bars and shops. Can easily walk to the city. The common area and kitchen is great and people can gather to chat.... Staff are helpful and friendly

The hostel was dirty and nothing was as we thought it would be. No Wi-Fi, only on the computers in the reception. All the lockers were broken in our room and the kitchen was not clean. The guy in the reception was nice, but the rest of the staff was really unfriendly. Our room was VERY small and a broken window gave us the laundry room as neighbour. Only 1 meter from my head to the washing machine. which turned on at 6 in the morning while te housekeeper was VERY loudy.

• 17th Dec 2013
  • Denmark

Great hostel, even if it is a bit rough round the edges!

• 14th Dec 2013
  • Scotland

It was not only dirty my room stank of body odour and dampness. Of all the hostels I've stayed in this was the worst for hygiene made me feel a bit sick just wanted to get out of there.

dear joanne for the first time you check in you already complaining, its not because of the room or the hostel that because your personality couldn't accept hostel life. i offering you cancel your booking without charge you but you decided to stay, so why you still complaining then.

My booking did not exist. I was homeless this night. I just paid for your service for nothing!

• 3rd Nov 2013