Chili Blue Backpackers Reviews

144 Victoria Street, Kings Cross, Kings Cross, Sydney, Australia

Cons: -Cockroaches everywhere. One crawling over my bag in the bedroom, crawling up the wall right beside my bed, an uncountable amount in the kitchen, cooked in there once then went out for food the rest of the time. -There were 4 lockers in the 4 man bedroom, 2 of which were broken so couldnt be locked. -Just generally a dirty place to stay. Pros: -Friendly staff -Not a bad location, right by the train station and shops. A 15 mins walk from the city center. -Cheap -Clean bathroom

• 19th Apr 2015

How awful! This is probably the worst hostel I've stayed in so far. We were in a totally creepy room with 3 beds, extremely dark (the only view was a wall and our neighbours room). Several electrical outlets were connected to each other, which was not reassuring. No receptionist during the night, and nobody to call if necessary! Breakfast was OK, too bad it is not served after 9am. The WC and shower were changed recently but unfortunately this is not enough to raise the standard of this hostel.

Cleaning.

Great place. People here party almost every night. Close to a lot of pubs and resturants. You can take the bus\tramp to everywhere in the city.

Not the friendliest receptionist.

Old building, prvte rm-smelt damp, be fit/flexible if ovr 40-steep stairs r a challenge. Cleaner Jeff wrks hrd all day keeping common areas clean, it's the guests that need house training. Blonde reception guy is yr go-to fr info, v.helpful. Value fr $: comp WiFi, brkfast supplied btwn 7:30-9am gt thr early b4 th boiled eggs go! bedding supplied, gd AC, flat scrn wth random TV, ace bar fridge. $20 rfndbl hire kitchn kit (croc/cutlery) or BYO. Males generally won't mind ths bkpkr. Big ups ovrall.

• 9th Mar 2015
  • New Zealand

French guy on reception was overheard swearing quite a lot and although mostly pleasant was overheard being quite rude to some other guests. Hostel needs a good coat of paint and general touch up. Also you should ban smoking in the court, the kitchen stinks of smoke from outside which also sometimes went into the bathrooms.

Unless your willing to be part of a "click" dont stay here. The rooms weren't clean, the kitchen wasn't either but the showers were. Overall it was an experence I wouldn't try again, If your reading this review and are still willing to book this place, GOODLUCK :-)

Speak to Tom at the desk if you're stuck on what to do or where to go in Aus! He's an awesome guy!! Everyone at the hostel is practically living there so hard to meet people also traveling soon.

Smelt a little funky in our room. Great price. We were right beside a toilet which was a little annoying but the wifi bonus was nice when it worked. Kitchen was great same with the hangout area. Our floors were sticky but other than that the room was a good size and the mini fridge was a bonus! Friendly and helpful staff!

The room was dirty when I arrived, they didn't clean it. I saw cockroach in my room during all the days that I spent there. During the night the reception is closed, so they don`t have the control of who enter or get out from the hostel. The kitchen was very dirty also.

There was a constant strange smell and the Carpets were covered in suspicious looking stains and the lockers did not lock. I found the staff sarcastic and rude, and they threw out my food even though it was labelled. On leaving was told I could not have my deposit back in cash, even though that was how I paid! I realise you get what you pay for in hostels, but this was the 12th one I'd stayed in in Australia and the only one I had a bad experience in, one positive, the showers were clean

a beautiful hostel. a location near the train station, the city and 30 minute to bondi beatch. a very family atmosphere with bbq and beer pong. really clean hostel with 2 claners everyday.

• 2nd Feb 2015

Worst ever hostel!

• 19th Jan 2015

Dear Guest, We are sorry to hear that you have not enjoyed your stay with us. Perhaps being a bit more specific on this comment would help us on how we can improve our service. Until next time

Nice place but the staff was rude the guy who did the check in didn't explain anything just told me the room number. And the man in the checkout at first refused to give me the 20$ deposit in cash. He insisted that only could do the refund in my credit card despite I paid the deposit in cash. At the end he throw the money in the counter and ask me to catch it.

Rude staff, dirty and no air condition at all - extremely hot!! Very small rooms. Good pillow and breakfast though.

It is a great hostel where you can meet a lot of nice people. Everything you need is close to the hostel (supermarket, food shops, bars, clubs, train station, etc.). You can also visit all famous sights like the opera house or harbour bridge and it is only a few minutes by walk. I can only recommend it to you!

• 12th Jan 2015

Great hostel in a great location! All staff were very helpful and welcoming. Breakfast in the morning was great.

• 5th Jan 2015

The staff were very grumpy and not friendly in the slightest. The wifi was very good except you could not get it in the room so had to use the common area which was annoying if you wanted to Skype. The showers were clean and powerful but there was only one toilet that could lock for every one to use! The breakfast in the morning was good as we didn't expect it, we got toast, boiled eggs, cereal and tea & coffee. Overall I would stay here again.

The hostel is close to the train station, but quite far from the centre. My room was absolutely tiny and not clean. Wifi didn't work on my phone (but they do have computers during the hours the reception is open). If you want cups/ plates, you have to pay a deposit. They refund the room key deposit on your credit/ debit card (no cash refund).

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Perhaps it would be good to outline that most hostel do ask a deposit for their cutlery sets because people break them or steal them, again this is just a deposit YOU WILL GET THE MONEY BACK. As for the wifi, our system does get saturated from time to time during peak hours but it is FREE. For the size of room you booked a 10 share dorm and got upgraded to a 4share. Yes the room is small but it's a 4 share not a 10.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7