Chili Blue Backpackers Reviews

144 Victoria Street, Kings Cross, Kings Cross, Sydney, Australia

Not the friendliest receptionist.

Old building, prvte rm-smelt damp, be fit/flexible if ovr 40-steep stairs r a challenge. Cleaner Jeff wrks hrd all day keeping common areas clean, it's the guests that need house training. Blonde reception guy is yr go-to fr info, v.helpful. Value fr $: comp WiFi, brkfast supplied btwn 7:30-9am gt thr early b4 th boiled eggs go! bedding supplied, gd AC, flat scrn wth random TV, ace bar fridge. $20 rfndbl hire kitchn kit (croc/cutlery) or BYO. Males generally won't mind ths bkpkr. Big ups ovrall.

• 9th Mar 2015
  • New Zealand

French guy on reception was overheard swearing quite a lot and although mostly pleasant was overheard being quite rude to some other guests. Hostel needs a good coat of paint and general touch up. Also you should ban smoking in the court, the kitchen stinks of smoke from outside which also sometimes went into the bathrooms.

Unless your willing to be part of a "click" dont stay here. The rooms weren't clean, the kitchen wasn't either but the showers were. Overall it was an experence I wouldn't try again, If your reading this review and are still willing to book this place, GOODLUCK :-)

Speak to Tom at the desk if you're stuck on what to do or where to go in Aus! He's an awesome guy!! Everyone at the hostel is practically living there so hard to meet people also traveling soon.

Smelt a little funky in our room. Great price. We were right beside a toilet which was a little annoying but the wifi bonus was nice when it worked. Kitchen was great same with the hangout area. Our floors were sticky but other than that the room was a good size and the mini fridge was a bonus! Friendly and helpful staff!

The room was dirty when I arrived, they didn't clean it. I saw cockroach in my room during all the days that I spent there. During the night the reception is closed, so they don`t have the control of who enter or get out from the hostel. The kitchen was very dirty also.

There was a constant strange smell and the Carpets were covered in suspicious looking stains and the lockers did not lock. I found the staff sarcastic and rude, and they threw out my food even though it was labelled. On leaving was told I could not have my deposit back in cash, even though that was how I paid! I realise you get what you pay for in hostels, but this was the 12th one I'd stayed in in Australia and the only one I had a bad experience in, one positive, the showers were clean

a beautiful hostel. a location near the train station, the city and 30 minute to bondi beatch. a very family atmosphere with bbq and beer pong. really clean hostel with 2 claners everyday.

• 2nd Feb 2015

Worst ever hostel!

• 19th Jan 2015

Dear Guest, We are sorry to hear that you have not enjoyed your stay with us. Perhaps being a bit more specific on this comment would help us on how we can improve our service. Until next time

Nice place but the staff was rude the guy who did the check in didn't explain anything just told me the room number. And the man in the checkout at first refused to give me the 20$ deposit in cash. He insisted that only could do the refund in my credit card despite I paid the deposit in cash. At the end he throw the money in the counter and ask me to catch it.

Rude staff, dirty and no air condition at all - extremely hot!! Very small rooms. Good pillow and breakfast though.

It is a great hostel where you can meet a lot of nice people. Everything you need is close to the hostel (supermarket, food shops, bars, clubs, train station, etc.). You can also visit all famous sights like the opera house or harbour bridge and it is only a few minutes by walk. I can only recommend it to you!

• 12th Jan 2015

Great hostel in a great location! All staff were very helpful and welcoming. Breakfast in the morning was great.

• 5th Jan 2015

The staff were very grumpy and not friendly in the slightest. The wifi was very good except you could not get it in the room so had to use the common area which was annoying if you wanted to Skype. The showers were clean and powerful but there was only one toilet that could lock for every one to use! The breakfast in the morning was good as we didn't expect it, we got toast, boiled eggs, cereal and tea & coffee. Overall I would stay here again.

The hostel is close to the train station, but quite far from the centre. My room was absolutely tiny and not clean. Wifi didn't work on my phone (but they do have computers during the hours the reception is open). If you want cups/ plates, you have to pay a deposit. They refund the room key deposit on your credit/ debit card (no cash refund).

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Perhaps it would be good to outline that most hostel do ask a deposit for their cutlery sets because people break them or steal them, again this is just a deposit YOU WILL GET THE MONEY BACK. As for the wifi, our system does get saturated from time to time during peak hours but it is FREE. For the size of room you booked a 10 share dorm and got upgraded to a 4share. Yes the room is small but it's a 4 share not a 10.

as a health and neat freak, some soap in the washroom would be nice... hard to wash face in small sink adding a shower rod in the shower so water doesn't splash onto towel/clothes would be useful. liked that the kitchen and rooms were cleaner than most hostels. great people staying there. one odd desk clerk that doesn't like french canadians.. negativity should be kept to ones self at work. i personally liked the location because its close to a real health food store and the world bar

Nice location in kings cross. Very young people though and communal rooms are not very nice. Staff was nice.

No curtains in both room 17 & 19 which is not good and lots of cockroaches/bugs. Rooms are far too small found it hard to move! Not enough bathrooms/showers (one on each floor) breakfast was adequate (boiled eggs, toast & jam, cereal with milk) but get there early (7-8am). Wifi was ok. Gas hobs but not all were working. You get what you pay for :)

I quite like this hostel. it's not too small, but it still a bit crammed. I ended up extending my stay. They have free WIFI (works pretty good), a combined kitchen/communal area, the room I was in had air condition. I booked a 10 bed dorm and ended up in an 8-bed one for the same price.The only thing I didn't like was the party people and music till early in the morning. Even after a few days this didn't seem to be 'just occasionally'. Be patient or just use earplugs.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7