Good 909 Total Reviews
Good 909 Total Reviews
Chili Blue Backpackers Located at 144 Victoria Street, Kings Cross, Kings Cross, Sydney.
Australia
Sydney New South Wales NSW 2011 144 Victoria Street, Kings Cross, Kings Cross
60% 909
-33.8721771 151.2229840
    Rooms available

9th Aug 2016
6.0

Cheap hostel but location is far away from the cbd. Secure hostel with lock door on outside with basic facilities. Staff weren't friendly or helpful, borderline rude.

• USA, Female, 18-24
4th Aug 2016
4.0

Honestly this was the worst hostel I have ever stayed in. I stayed in the winter and the place had no heat so it was freezing all the time not to mention I had to keep my window open in my shoebox of a room because it smelled so awful of mold. The office closed at 7pm so by the time I got back at night I could not use any "amenties" that were offered. That being paying $20 for a plate and silver and $8 for a towel??? Plus limited internet usage. I checked out a day early.

1st Aug 2016

Good place to stay, just remember to bring your lock for locker :-)

29th Jul 2016
8.0

Very practical. It was functional yet dirty. I saw the staff I felt it was the old carpet. Overall just good.

• England, Female, 18-24
27th Jul 2016
6.0

Narrow stairs to carry your luggage up to the floors. We paid for 2 single beds and were asked to share a double bed in a 6 bed dorm. When we got to the room someone was already in the bed to which the receptionist advised them it was fine to sleep there. When we spoke to the receptionist she told us we had to remove their belongings and beds sheets ourselves. Everyone in this hostel is working so not much of an atmosphere however the free breakfast was good.

• France, Couple, 25-30
25th Jul 2016
4.6

Very damp and smelly room. Showers inconsistent in temperatures. kitchen too small and overstuffed. backyard too small. staff did bare minimum (a smile would have been welcomed). On the bright side ,it's kinda cheap but u pay it with your health (room was full of mold and rotting food in lockers).

1st Jul 2016
5.4

It was cold (July), rather dirty, and noisy by night. My room was really small, cold and illuminated (from outside) even by night. The staff was rude, they didn't explain me anything when I arrived and never smiled. I booked a 10-bed dorm via Hostelworld, and they gave me a 4-bed room (good!) when I arrived; but then, to make my staying 2 days longer, I wasn't allowed to book online and I paid 21 instead of 16 $. Last night I went to Zing Hostel (5 meters far): way much better!

• England, Male, 25-30
21st Jun 2016

Have rated the cleanliness highly as the cleaners were superb, all bathrooms and showers were cleaned to a high standard daily. However my actual dorm did smell awful. Also all the hallways are narrow, making it feel a bit claustrophobic, but they have made the most of an old building, all the showers and toilets are efficiently tucked away.

• USA, Male, 18-24
26th May 2016
8.0

Let's get the cons out of the way first; Cons: - Rooms were cramped (usually 4 people to a room). Everyday I had to sleep with my luggage on my bed because there was no room anywhere else. - No curtains for the room near the exit. Light and cold kept creeping in. - Dirty kitchen (bring your own utensils if you plan to cook) - Wi-fi kept crashing in and out. Can only use 525MB a day. Pros: - Staff was always fantastic - Everybody is nice - free breakfast and wifi - Super cheap

• England, Female, 18-24
12th May 2016
4.3

Worst hostel I've ever stayed in. The long term residents were so unhygienic and foul smelling. We had to change rooms due to the smell and still the standard of the room was shocking, the room had no curtains and there was still building work to be completed on the ceiling. Staff were quite helpful. There was also cockroaches and I could hardly sleep at night I felt so uncomfortable.