Chili Hostel Reviews

Pstrossova 7, Prague, Czech Republic

WELCOME TO THE BED BUGS HOME ! I stayed 1 night in 2 differents rooms and I've been bitten everywhere. Avoid that hostel ! After my stay, I saw a lot of reports for bed bugs in this hostel. It looks that they prefer making money instead to really solve the problem. Don't forget to wash all your backpack if you stay there ! Good luck !

I had a very enjoyable stay at the hostel despite the flight of stairs which you repeatedly had to climb. Very easy to find, not far from the train station and a short walk to the town centre. Maybe not well equipped with regards of kitchen and bathroom facilities however you must consider the cheap price. Would recomend this for tavelers on a tight budget. Met very nice people and there was a great feel of community.

• 19th Jul 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Good as in a cheap area but it is a bit of a walk to the Old town and the main part of Prague.

• 17th Jul 2014

Almost didnt stay here because of bad reviews, but after staying there, I was impressed. Inexpensive, clean, and great location. Internet only worked in lobby. Only 2 toilets/showers per roughly 40 people,but I never had an issue with it.

It is a good hostel, if you are lucky you will be staying in the first or second floor! I had to stay in the 4th floor and were lots of stairs. There are not enough showers and toilets. But in general, i had a pleasent stay! And is near the centre! Good choice!

WORST HOSTEL EVER. The keys to open the door to the room didnt work so we all ahd trouble opening the door. as a result someone left the door open and MY LAPTOP WAS STOLEN. even though i had placed it ina locker and sealed it with a padlock. The staff werent much help. Terrible place. I would NEVER recommend it.

It was a good place to stay with good staff , good facilities and good location. However, it was not very clean. And i started to have some bites of insects on my body 2 days after my arrived. I think that it was good in everything but not clean enought.

Thats a great hostel. Clean, safe, nice people and atmosphere!

• 10th Jul 2014

Unpleasant things happened when moved in, a roommate lost her property in the locker of the hostel, her laptop was stolen, plus a few others in the room lost some small changes as well. That's why I decided to move elsewhere the other day. The building was nice but bathroom on my floor was not clean as it was shared by 30-40 people. I was on the 5th floor and there is no elevator, kitchen and common room on the ground level. The free computers in the common room were a plus.

Really liked staying at this hostel! The kitchen and communal area although crowded at times was a great place to meet and chat to people. However if totally self catering there isn't loads of room in the fridge and space to cook. Room was clean on arrival and there was cleaning done of the toilets ect everyday. Would definitely stay again :)

Good social hostel. Only a short walk from the city centre

The hostel provided a lot for how little my friend and I paid. It was not very hard to find, and the staff was always there and willing to give recommendations on different places to go. Unfortunately, the locks to our dorms were not working AT ALL, so we left the door open most of the time. Even when the staff tried to fix it, they didn't really work. The bathrooms were also in need of a tune-up, but the hot water is great! We liked the communal area, too. We met some great people here!

This place was really just okay as a base for Prague. The price was very good and the location is quite central but we found the dorms very noisy as the building is big and old and very echoey with the doors banging and people leaving them open often as the locks were really stiff. The bathroom facilities are very bad as theres only one bathroom on each floor with tens of people using it. The shower head didnt stay on the attachment so you had to crouch down..would not stay again

worst beds in the dorms i ever slept in. cheap, unsteady and squeaky bunk beds. moreover, there is no alcohol permitted.

In general, it was a great hostel. There should put more plugs in the room because there was only one for 8 beds... You were still able to charge your electric devices in the lounge. Outside of that, big rooms, small kitchen but functional (2 stove), close to the sightseeings. Good place for the money!

Perfect location if you are looking to take a walk on nearby historical sights by foot.....

• 27th Jun 2014
  • Pakistan

I stayed here with a friend for a few nights and we really loved it! The location is great, it's just a few minutes walk from the major attractions. There are also multiple grocery stores and kiosks in the area. There is a pretty decent sized kitchen too! The rooms are clean and comfortable, but the downside is that there aren't many showers and it get's busy in the morning. But the best part were the people. We made some great friends hanging out downstairs and had a ton of fun!

• 25th Jun 2014

Nice place. We rent with two friends a three bed room. The access to the flat was done with two locks. One door to access to common toilets/showers (shared with two other rooms) and second door to access to our room. Shower and toilet was good. Room was clean. Staff were nice.

• 25th Jun 2014

Thank you for your comment .Th whole Chili crew appreciate it.

Prague is so cheap and this place is ok. Location is terrible. You need a magnifying glass and the grace of God to find this place at night or the day! Good luck

Great location, good wifi coverage and good common areas. A lot of stairs though, and a lot of notes put up by the staff in a not very friendly tone.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4