Chili Hostel Reviews

Pstrossova 7, Prague, Czech Republic

The hostel was not great but we met some great people. The location is good and one receptionists helped us book a trip out to a shooting range which I would definitely recommend! Unfortunately one of the night staff members almost ruined our entire stay. The first night he slammed his hands down on the counter and shouted 'this is not a pub' because we was talking in reception. The second night he started yelling at everyone and rang the police on us because we was having drinks in the dorm.

• 14th May 2015

Liked the location but beds and cleanliness level need to be improved on.

• 12th May 2015
  • Kenya

- Receptionist at night incapable of check-in under 15 minutes per person - Security - nobody watches or checks luggage room - Rooms filthy and maid never cleans - Must change own lining on beds - Receptionist doesn't give bed sheet you lay on only for top cover - Small pillows in dorm and almost worthless to sue - Shower and toilet rooms small and hard to move inside

Bardzo dobra lokalizacja w centrum miasta. Odrzucają obskurne i brudne łazienki, niechlujna, obrzydliwa kuchnia, z której jednego dnia po prostu wyrzucono na środek wszystkie rzeczy i pozostawiono przynajmniej do końca naszego pobytu (3 dni), talerze, garnki i sztućce w strasznym stanie i w zdecydowanie niewystarczającej ilości oraz okropnie skrzypiące i twarde łóżka.

• 7th May 2015
  • Poland

Alright hostel. Very quiet and not much of an atmosphere. Good if you just need a place to sleep.

Facilities did not look particularly clean or well-maintained, and one of the beds in the dorm was remarkably squeaky. Neighboring room guests were loud, smoke was wafting in under the door. Way over-priced on a holiday weekend, but the location was good.

Right when I got there the lady at the desk acted like she was doing me a favor by letting me stay there, but otherwise I didn't see her again after that which was nice. Good location 5-15 minute walk to anywhere. Not a great atmosphere in the communal room, pretty much a look down at your phone and be antisocial. You get what you pay for.

The hostel staff had no manners and customer service is not their professional preference. I was given no information about Wifi connection, clean sheets or key deposit. I had to even ask how to get to my room. Very poor.

• 22nd Apr 2015
  • Czech Republic

Staff were amazing :) especially really cute Czech receptionist guy in the night 😜😜

Not very good, they didn't accept payment by card without any notice and there was an only bathroom for about 24 beds. I expected something more. The staff is not very friendly too. But it is cheap and close to the center of the city.

• 16th Apr 2015

The heater was not on and there is no lift. 😅

From entering the hostel we were told to wait to check in as the staff were changing shift so to come back in 20 minutes, we thought this unusual but said fine and went to wait, when we came back 20 minutes later they said another 5 so we came back 10 minutes later and were greeted by the least friendly, most unhelpful member of staff I have ever encountered in a hostel. He sighed when we asked any questions, didn't give me my change and was very unhelpful (he was tall with a gingerish beard)

Was great time

There is a nice kitchen, but the fridge is a bit messy. Maybe it would be better if they put a sign as I saw in another hostel: "put your name on your food. The housekeeper is instructed to throw away items which don't have name or it passed the date"

It was a good experience ..good value for money

shared rooms with waredroves that didnt closed properly.

The room didn't have loker and the loker to leave things was open for everybody come in. The location is good not so far from the old town,very quite. They have some good staff, but the guy who works at night was very rude. They don't have card machine, and the deposit to take the key is high, and how we don't use the local money it was a problem. The cleaness is not bad but the pilow and the blanket was very dirty. The value is good during the week, in the weekend is expensive. Wifi is bad.

Good price for a normal facilities and the lacation ist fine too. I would recommend it.

• 1st Apr 2015
  • Spain

Chili is a no-frills hostel, but perfect for 5€ a night. We didn't cook as much as we'd hoped because the kitchen was gross, but it was the other guests not cleaning up after themselves, and cleaned every night. We stayed in 2 different rooms which were both really nice. The bathrooms are okay (one for 4 rooms and usually toilet & shower together) but again, fine for what we paid. Overall perfect for college students who can put up with a less than ideal situation for a cheap and great location.

Vers friendly staff. Located in the city centre. Don't buy metro tickets because everything is in walking distance. The beds were a little hard but if you're there for a city trip and don't expect a spa hotel but a typical hostel chilli is perfect for you. They even have a kitchen for their guests.

• 29th Mar 2015