Chili Hostel Reviews

Pstrossova 7, Prague, Czech Republic

The only thing was the lack of WiFi. Other than that everything was OK.

• 14th Nov 2014
  • Costa Rica

The best thing about this hostel is his location... The rest is not so good... The building is old, the receptionists don't seem to care about who is entering in the hostel, so I had not the impression of safety. The common areas are small and not so good.

Two people got robbed while I was there because strangers wandered in and swipes phones off tables. Location is good but there is zero atmosphere.

+ Staff is nice + The reception is not in the middle of common room + Silent at night - The locking system in the bathroom needs fixing - Some guy stole another guy's telephone when he was recharging it in the common room: so be careful!

It was a good hostel.

I get SCABIES after one week. sleeping in this hostel. BE CAREFUL

• 25th Oct 2014
  • Spain

when i arrived to my room there were no empty beds and the girl in the reception just said that one bed should be empty and randomly said !this one is free take it !or she could give me back the money and i could leave the hostel. at midnight someone came to the bed saying it was his bed, so i paid one night but had no bed! and the only answer i got from this girl was you can leave the hostal!! be prepare to have a plan B !

DO NOT STAY HERE! I was robbed by the hostel staff. I had my ipad stolen, from my bed, whilst I was lying there by the staff. When I challenge the staff they said that it was my fault I didn't have it in a locker (none of which work by the way). They were 'unable' to access the CCTV footage. WORST HOSTEL EVER. SCUM.

We arrived 22/10 5AM and the door's man was VERY rude. We ask about if its possible up to the rooms or take a fast shower after 20h travelling and he sad "Its not my problem, the checkin is 2pm" and turns out. We wait untill 10am when a crew girl help us. The kitchen is disgusting. The cleaners are crazy and shout out with usHave around 50 bedrooms between 1st and 5 floors. We stayed on 5th floor. Was horrible, the stars are enorme. The location is poor, you need take subway for everything.

Entered a 6 man room to very anti-social people - luck of the draw. One continued to snore incredibly loudly throughout the night so did not sleep a wink. Should install toilet and shower blocks instead of 1 toilet and 1 shower between 12 people. Staff were nice but the hostel itself what a dive. Wouldn't go back.

• 22nd Oct 2014

Good location. Good pricing. Rooms were spacious. Bathrooms were clean. Nice hot drinks vending machine with cheap prices (10czk). Staff didn't make us wait and were helpful. However, no elevator and we were on the 5th floor. Beds were squeaking a lot. We asked for a twin room private and ended up in a bed with twin beds and a bunk bed, that would be usually considered a 4-room private, but we were alone so no problem there.

• 16th Oct 2014
  • Portugal

Great value for money. Big 10 dorm rooms, it was a 5th floor without elevator, but very quiet .Nice and comfortable beds. Good toilets and showers. Really clean, there were people cleaning everyday, specially the toilets. Very good location, almost everything to a walking distance. Kitchen well equipped. Staff depending on the time a bit stupid,not all of them though. The kitchen closes at 22:00h. Taxes not included in the price 15CZK/ person & day. Totally reccommendable.

This is a great place! Nice atmosphere, lots of young travelling people are staying there. Comfortable location!!!

• 13th Oct 2014
  • Lithuania

Great value for money

seemed a bit too easy for people to walk in and other people in the rooms didn't always lock the doors. Small kitchen area that was always messy. fine for a couple of nights.

The hostel itself was alright, but it definitely operated more as a business than a place to meet other travellers. Staff was friendly and helpful and there was a cleaning woman in the building tidying up quite a lot. The hostel itself is quite large with many rooms on different floors, so it lacks the home-away-from-home feeling of smaller hostels. Also, there is wifi only in the common areas, which meant people seemed only interested in being in those areas for the internet, not socializing.

the place is OK, but attracts mostly very young people. In addition, someone broke into my locked locker in the room and stole some cash while I was out of the room. Staff was ok but not more than that, and didn't provide very good info. Try to go somewhere else if you have the choice (we didn't have because we booked last minute).

You get what you pay for. When I arrived they wouldn't let me book a room at the desk they wanted me to do it online, even know they wernt busy. People were getting things taken from the bag room because the staff wouldn't lock it. The only good thing about this hostel was the rooms. But they wernt anything special. Last but not least the wifi was good when you could get on it. People from the street were constantly using it and over loading it. All that to say it was a cheap nights stay.

. The staff were nice but it was not a great experience

Great place to stay with group of friends because its typical place where backpackers stay. Nice clean place with good kitchen facilities.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4