Chili Hostel Reviews

Pstrossova 7, Prague, Czech Republic

Awesome traditional hostel in a perfect location. Would definitely stay again.

• 17th Aug 2014

Was more expensive than I was planning on. But staff, facilities and atmosphere were really nice. Travelling alone, the common room was a nice place to be and had I not already met other people to hang out with, I would have had absolutely no problem to get in touch with people. Very friendly and open atmosphere. Great location: just outside the center (so no annoying tourists in your face), right near the water and the old center is only a 10 mins walk away.

hi everyone.this hostel was not bad but its location was very good.i can recommend to you.

The beds were very very very bad!!! Way to soft

• 10th Aug 2014

Everything you read about this hostel in the reviews here i agree with. The facilities suck, you always gotta wait at the reception and the toilet and the kitchen is a mess. But this hostel has a good location and is great to meet people and start a party, thats what you should come for, not a luxurious staym hell, most nights i didnt even sleep in my bed

We had booked 4 beds in a 10 bed mixed dorm, but were given a private 4-bed room instead, which was nice. Gave us more privacy than we had expected. There was no locker in the room, but that wasn't an issue since we had the whole room to ourselves. One thing that could be a problem is that there is only one toilet for the entire floor...

• 6th Aug 2014

The security was very low, anybody could easily enter the hostel without being questioned and get to the luggage store. The kitchen was always a mess and there were almost no forks and knives. When checking in people have to give a 200 crowns deposit because of the keys and linen and if you pay it in euros they will give it back in crowns, so you will probably lose money. The bathrooms on the 4th floor were always dirty... The laundry machine doesn't work properly, we had our clothes damaged

Kitchen was dirty, beds were not comfortabele, its a very big hostel and everybody can walk in and out. There was a waitingline for one hour for checking in and out.

Hi, Thank you for taking time out to share you comment with us. Regarding your experience i regret you had to wait 1h before you checked in but however this is due to the rush season. As you know our prices are very attractive so we are always full during the summer period. Further, concerning your experience with our kitchen it is the responsibility of every guest to alway clean the it after usage. Thank you again for your comment. Regards Chili Team

the kitchen was a mess.. it's not all your faul, but you need to let your guests know that they have to clean up..

• 27th Jul 2014
  • Denmark
  • All Male Group, 18-24

WELCOME TO THE BED BUGS HOME ! I stayed 1 night in 2 differents rooms and I've been bitten everywhere. Avoid that hostel ! After my stay, I saw a lot of reports for bed bugs in this hostel. It looks that they prefer making money instead to really solve the problem. Don't forget to wash all your backpack if you stay there ! Good luck !

Dear Pierre Luc, It is with regret that i read you recent comment. We the Chili staff sincerely apologize for the unpleasant situation you encountered during your stay. We assure you that due to your comment the incident has been dealt with by the competent professionals. However, this incident is not a reflexion of our standard. Once again our dearest apologies. Regards Chili team

I had a very enjoyable stay at the hostel despite the flight of stairs which you repeatedly had to climb. Very easy to find, not far from the train station and a short walk to the town centre. Maybe not well equipped with regards of kitchen and bathroom facilities however you must consider the cheap price. Would recomend this for tavelers on a tight budget. Met very nice people and there was a great feel of community.

• 19th Jul 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Good as in a cheap area but it is a bit of a walk to the Old town and the main part of Prague.

• 17th Jul 2014

Almost didnt stay here because of bad reviews, but after staying there, I was impressed. Inexpensive, clean, and great location. Internet only worked in lobby. Only 2 toilets/showers per roughly 40 people,but I never had an issue with it.

It was very good, great company in the hostel. But only kitchen was a little dirty, and no internet connection on the 4th floor.

It is a good hostel, if you are lucky you will be staying in the first or second floor! I had to stay in the 4th floor and were lots of stairs. There are not enough showers and toilets. But in general, i had a pleasent stay! And is near the centre! Good choice!

WORST HOSTEL EVER. The keys to open the door to the room didnt work so we all ahd trouble opening the door. as a result someone left the door open and MY LAPTOP WAS STOLEN. even though i had placed it ina locker and sealed it with a padlock. The staff werent much help. Terrible place. I would NEVER recommend it.

It was a good place to stay with good staff , good facilities and good location. However, it was not very clean. And i started to have some bites of insects on my body 2 days after my arrived. I think that it was good in everything but not clean enought.

Thats a great hostel. Clean, safe, nice people and atmosphere!

• 10th Jul 2014

Unpleasant things happened when moved in, a roommate lost her property in the locker of the hostel, her laptop was stolen, plus a few others in the room lost some small changes as well. That's why I decided to move elsewhere the other day. The building was nice but bathroom on my floor was not clean as it was shared by 30-40 people. I was on the 5th floor and there is no elevator, kitchen and common room on the ground level. The free computers in the common room were a plus.

Really liked staying at this hostel! The kitchen and communal area although crowded at times was a great place to meet and chat to people. However if totally self catering there isn't loads of room in the fridge and space to cook. Room was clean on arrival and there was cleaning done of the toilets ect everyday. Would definitely stay again :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4