Chili Hostel Reviews

Pstrossova 7, Prague, Czech Republic

Beds were a bit thin and creaky but that's essentially fine, one bathroom to like 20+ people but only had to queue a couple times otherwise good showers etc. Very good location and loved Prague. Kitchen was kinda small but essentially fine as well. Staff very helpful. Although there were lockers in our room they didnt all lock shut and the room to the door and the area basically never got shut. Really more of a clientele problem than the hostels deal.

I love the Chili Hostel. If I ever go back to Prague I will definitely stay there again. It was very clean and I loved getting to know the other guests. My favorite part was the price.

• 22nd Jul 2015

Need new beds urgently. The metal frames at each end have sunk leaving a metal pole sticking straight through the mattress. Incredibly uncomfortable, very difficult to sleep. Staff seem unfriendly but also Very overworked.

• 20th Jul 2015

Very basic things were lacking in the hostel. No washing soaps in toilets. The pillows were terribly dirty and disgusting. I also found drops of blood on them.

• 19th Jul 2015

Not one of the best hostels to stay in, but the low price helps making it worth it.

I stayed here for 7 nights, after which I ended up feeling very much at home. The WiFi was okay - it usually worked well in the lobby but often wasn't so good in my room on the 5th floor. The kitchen was well stoked and large enough to cook what I wanted, pasta and rice dishes, with lots of fridge space. People were friendly, though I would note that it is somewhat a party hostel, with lots of young people - fine for me :) I was able to use the washing machine free of charge after staying 5 days

• 14th Jul 2015

hostel's location is good but staff is not kind.i wait for check in 45 minutes. bed is uncomfortable . i didn't sleep , pay more money and staying other place

It was of the worst hostel i been. I just to say dirtiest ever.

This hostel doesn't deserve its bad reviews. I really enjoyed my say here. The bathroom was almost always in use, but thats manageable. Lots of stairs, but not as bad as some places we've been. Theres pretty much only Wifi on ground floor, but other than that it was awesome.

My friend and I arrived at around 4 o'clock in de morning, and we only booked the hostel for the following night. We were afraid we had to stay out on the streets until we could check in, at 2 pm. Luckily the staff was very welcoming, we could put our luggage in the luggage room and wait in de lobby until we could check in. We had a good night sleeping on the red couches. Thank you for everything!

We had a great stay, 5 nights. Beds were comfortable and clean. Staff were helpful and the kitchen was great to cook in. The only inconveniences encountered were from other guests.

• 4th Jul 2015

For this money it was totally worth it... Didn't like to share the bathroom with so many people though.

• 2nd Jul 2015

We experienced an extreme difference between the floors. Two of us had clean room and bathroom, and good shower facilities, while the rest of us (who lived on another floor) had a quite disgusting bathroom, and a less cosy bedroom aswell.

The hostel is in good location and everything was okay during our stay and after check out they allow to put our bags there

Generally good to save money and stay close to the main places in the city, but definetly they should have more bathrooms.

Broken beds and dirty, dirty, dirty place. If you want to lay on you bed and see spiderwebs and spiders in the roof, this is your hostel. Don't expect a clean bathroom, of course. Don't remove the sheets to check the mattresses...that would be worse.

This hostel is disgusting and made me feel very unsafe. The staff highly recommended I rent a lock for the night instead of putting it in their free safe. He then gave me a lock and a set of keys that did not match and did not even apologize for his mistake. Some of the locks had been cut and the lockers weren't even secured to the walls. The keys to the rooms do not work and the bathroom is so small you can't even close the door when you're in there. We checked out immediately.

After paying, I went upstairs and discovered how disgusting the rooms were. The bathrooms barely fit one person, and need to be shared by ten. Atmosphere is less than basic. Some locks had been cut on the lockers and they had run out of locks. Additionally, the keys to the doors didn't work, so the manager had to come and replace them. The conditions were so uncomfortable that we decided to check out immediately without even staying the night. The amount we paid was clearly not enough.

It is not a hostel, I can say it is dormitory... Staffs are not friendly and too much 'official'. The baths&showers&toilets are not enough. The kitchen is too dirty and Wifi is only availablr at reception which is very crowded and not place to sit down generally.

It's a cheap hostel, but if you can pay a little more for a better one, do it. I should have done that. The bedroom was dirty and wasn't cleaned once when I was there (4 nights!). Only 2 bathrooms per floor, and those weren't cleaned either. Disgusting. The staff wasn't very helpful. When I arrived the guy at the reception didn't explained anything: just gave me the key and made me pay. I asked about restaurants and he said 'there's one around the corner'. I don't expect that from a hostel.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4