Chili Hostel Reviews

Pstrossova 7, Prague, Czech Republic

Very rude staff. One shower and toilet for 3 rooms (20-30ppl) means alot of waiting to have a shower. Very uncomfortable beds. Atmosphere of the hostel was good. I found it clean and overall was good value.

Hello Brett, thank you for your feedback. Best regards hostel Chili

Excellent location, about 10 minutes walk to the center. Cheap price for what you have, but don't expect too much (beds are old, and they crack). Overall, pretty good, would recommend!

Hello Aimee, thank you for your feedback. Best regards hostel Chili

The hostel is ok for the price. Especially the location is great. But the staff is so ridiculously unfriendly! They really seem to hate working there. Also they miss no chance to express their aversion against the guests.After we realized this it was actually quite enterttaining - especially the guy with the fedora hat is such a douchebag, haha! It's also not the cleanest place, and there is no soap to wash your hands...

Hello Max, thank you for your feedback. Unfortunatelly we dont know the situation why staff was unfriendly. Every situation have reverse and back side. Thank you for your understanding that a work in reception of hostel is not easy. Best regards hostel Chili

Contrary to what other users are putting here, I actually liked the staff. They were helpful and friendly. This hostel is central and cheap but it has many drawbacks: The rooms are very old. Also, no lift. It's next to a church and the bells go off ever 15 minutes even during the night. The kitchen and dining room are spacious. 4 PCs that can sometimes work rather slowly. At this time of year it may be overbooked.

Hello Julian, thank you for your feedback. Hostel is in historic building in historic part of Prague, it is not possible to build a lift. Best regards hostel Chili

Amazing value for money, great place to stay, definitely recommend.

• 28th Jul 2015
  • Scotland

Hello Neil, thank you for your nice feedback. We would like to offer you 10% discount from your next stay. Best regards hostel Chili

I don't expect much from a hostel ,only hygiene and helpful staff. None was present at the chili hostel.

• 26th Jul 2015
  • Lithuania

Hello Martyna, thank you for your feedback. Best regards hostel Chili

I did not expact much, since I paid 7 € a night- honestly, what you offer for this Price is quite good. .. but if you could spare some Money for a renovation in the bathroom at 32, it would be great ! HAve a nice day

• 25th Jul 2015
  • Austria

Hello Magdalena, thank you for your feedback. Best regards hostel Chili

I booked this hostel via Internet but when I arrived there the staff told me they were full booked! They didn't mind about me, and I was by myself in a foreign country, without speak Czech and without place to sleep. And after all, no hotel, neither they gave me back the money that I paid in the website. It was really sad

Quite difficult to find - not great at all if you want to go out then walk home in the dark. Staff were quite unfriendly, you have to pay for left luggage & very strict about charging lots for only a few minutes late check out. Rooms were okay but didnt feel overly comfortable staying here (atmosphere was upbeat but people seemed generally quite unfriendly). Bedsheets and towels provided free of charge but really not great

Beds were a bit thin and creaky but that's essentially fine, one bathroom to like 20+ people but only had to queue a couple times otherwise good showers etc. Very good location and loved Prague. Kitchen was kinda small but essentially fine as well. Staff very helpful. Although there were lockers in our room they didnt all lock shut and the room to the door and the area basically never got shut. Really more of a clientele problem than the hostels deal.

It is quite dirty and the staff is not always as friendly as it is expected to be.

• 22nd Jul 2015
  • Spain

It's in a perfect central location and is easy to walk everywhere. The staff are really nice and helped me out with all my questions! The kitchen facilities are awesome and the bathroom and shower were great. I was in a 10 bed dorm and everyone was very clean, considerate and friendly.

I love the Chili Hostel. If I ever go back to Prague I will definitely stay there again. It was very clean and I loved getting to know the other guests. My favorite part was the price.

• 22nd Jul 2015

Need new beds urgently. The metal frames at each end have sunk leaving a metal pole sticking straight through the mattress. Incredibly uncomfortable, very difficult to sleep. Staff seem unfriendly but also Very overworked.

• 20th Jul 2015

You get what you pay for. Perfect place for us to stop for two nights, we didn't spend much time in the hostel in the day as the weather was so nice and it is in a great location so the centre of Prague is easily accessible. Comfortable and basic, would definitely stay here again. Thank you!

Very basic things were lacking in the hostel. No washing soaps in toilets. The pillows were terribly dirty and disgusting. I also found drops of blood on them.

• 19th Jul 2015

Location is good Staff are not friendly No wifi Only in the lobby and it is very weak The showers suck

• 18th Jul 2015
  • Egypt

Not one of the best hostels to stay in, but the low price helps making it worth it.

Clean and friendly staff. Place is good if you get a second floor otherwise you have to climb up many stairs. lounge is nice and decent price.

Nice communal area and kitchen, decent location only a short walk into the centre.

• 14th Jul 2015