Chili Hostel Reviews

Pstrossova 7, Prague, Czech Republic

This hostel is disgusting and made me feel very unsafe. The staff highly recommended I rent a lock for the night instead of putting it in their free safe. He then gave me a lock and a set of keys that did not match and did not even apologize for his mistake. Some of the locks had been cut and the lockers weren't even secured to the walls. The keys to the rooms do not work and the bathroom is so small you can't even close the door when you're in there. We checked out immediately.

After paying, I went upstairs and discovered how disgusting the rooms were. The bathrooms barely fit one person, and need to be shared by ten. Atmosphere is less than basic. Some locks had been cut on the lockers and they had run out of locks. Additionally, the keys to the doors didn't work, so the manager had to come and replace them. The conditions were so uncomfortable that we decided to check out immediately without even staying the night. The amount we paid was clearly not enough.

It is not a hostel, I can say it is dormitory... Staffs are not friendly and too much 'official'. The baths&showers&toilets are not enough. The kitchen is too dirty and Wifi is only availablr at reception which is very crowded and not place to sit down generally.

It's a cheap hostel, but if you can pay a little more for a better one, do it. I should have done that. The bedroom was dirty and wasn't cleaned once when I was there (4 nights!). Only 2 bathrooms per floor, and those weren't cleaned either. Disgusting. The staff wasn't very helpful. When I arrived the guy at the reception didn't explained anything: just gave me the key and made me pay. I asked about restaurants and he said 'there's one around the corner'. I don't expect that from a hostel.

Chili Hostel just stole 1st place for worst stay in 7 years. 1st and foremost:BED BUGS. Vicious ones. I left my room at 3am and was assigned a new bed, and promised a single room. This would not be followed through with. I was then required to move beds 3 more times due to poor organization from the friendly & apologetic, but very disorganized staff. I asked that my clothes be washed of bed bugs, this was agreed to. But not lived up to without a follow up request, this time coated in frustration

• 11th Jun 2015

In general it was really good hostel - nice staff, excellent location, nice kitchen and so on if you compere with the money we paid. The only problem was that beds made unpleasent noise, when you move.

• 10th Jun 2015
  • Latvia

clean bathroom, clean sheets, clean enough bedroom, staff not very fast but friendly, great location, great value for money overall, couldnt ask for more! will definitely come again. as to previous comments: true, wifi didnt work properly in the bedroom .. so what ,)

Kitchen was terrible and kitchen supplies were very dirty. Lockers were too small to fit a bigger backpack there. Beds kept terrible noise every time someone turned around. Same thing at the floor. In my room there was only one wc/shower for 20 people.... When you get into the hostel first thing you saw was huge posters telling you how much it costs if you break something. I understand but I didnt feel so welcome. At least location was good and they sold pretty cheap beer there.

Located very close to the main sites at a good price. I get the feeling that the credit card machine is always out of order by intention, but someone follow up with a review of they end up having it work. The rooms are bare minimum, but when traveling cost and location are what matters most. I wouldn't choose to rest up there - pretty loud drunk people in the streets and uncomfortable, but if you just need a place to pass out it is fine.

Everything's was fine, good value for money, staff is friendly and location is perfect.

Nice hostel for the price, would recommend

Big kitchen. 2 fridges. Big common area. Spacious room but no elevators. Long climb to 4th floor.

In general everything's good, except for the kitchen is In a mess after been used by those lazybones. Other than that, is a good place to stay during time in Prague.

4th floor is 92 steps of stairs. 3rd floor toilet sometimes get clogged. WiFi on 4th floor is weak. Understaffed at the reception. Sometimes the queue is quite long. Coffee vending machine is very good.

I was worried about staying here after reading previous reviews, however it was better than I thought. It was super Cheap and the facilities were better than other hostels (we stayed at emma the previous night, this was better) Although there was an issue with sheets and towels And lots of people were going without.

- Dirty kitchens with soap that always runs out - Four toilets on each floor, for 40-50 people. - My wallet got stolen out of my bag by a thief while I slept. I caught her in the act, but she ran away. - Somebody else got their locker broken into, losing their passport, a tablet, and 900 Euros. - Doors have to be locked from both sides, which means many people don't bother locking them. - Very easy to walk in, go into an unlocked room at night, and sleep in an empty bed. - Staff were nice.

It was a good choice. Thank you to the friendly staff.

• 24th May 2015
  • Romania

Hello, thank you for your feedback. Best regards Chili

You get what you pay for -- the location is great, but everything else is subpar. They gave us the wrong keys to our room then told us that they didn't have any extras to give us, and we would have to hope someone was in the room to let us in. The WiFi didn't even work in our room. I would only recommend if you have no other options.

Hello, thank you for your feedback. Best regards Chili

It was a great time in Prague, and the Hostel has the perfect location. It´s only 10 minutes walk to the Charles Bridge and everywhere are cute little and cheap cafes and restaurants. We had a 4 dorm. It was clean and the mattress was really good. (: Only the staff is a bit unfriendly. But you always get your answers...

Hello, thank you for your feedback. We are so sorry for some inconvenience. Best regards Chili

really good location. the reception was really nice and we got good service! a relaxed and cozy atmosphere! :) 👍🏼💗