Chili Hostel Reviews

Pstrossova 7, Prague, Czech Republic

Nice hostel, some strange roommates at times but that's travelling! Would go here again..

I stayed for only one night in this hostel. The experience wasn't so great. The staff, not so friendly and for some reason always switching shifts and therefore, unable to help you even when both staff members are behind the desk "switching shifts for the next 15 minutes" but it occurred twice in my one night at the hostel. In my two weeks in Prague, it was the worst hostel experience I had. Just do yourself a favor and go to a different hostel.

Nice hostel. Convenient location and easy directions to get there. We felt safe and the sleeping rooms were plenty quiet.

Location is great! The environment is really nice... the only problem is that to get to my room I had to go to the 5th floor using the stairs because there's no elevator.. that kinda sucked, but appart from that the hostel is excellent

Do not stay at this hostel. The only good thing is its location! I got bed bugs and I'm pretty sure they weren't in just room but throughout the entire hostel. The staff weren't too friendly either, I asked them to wash my stuff because of what happened. This took them about 12 hours to do and at the end the clothes were still pretty wet and they made it seem like it was a big inconvenience to them! Worst time here.

the hostal has everything you need and is located near all the turistic places, the only problem was that internet was not working

• 1st Jun 2014
  • Colombia

Thank you for your comment, We the Chili Team Prague always seek to improve. We are glad to inform you that our internet connection has been upgraded

The Hostel is the worst I've ever stayed at. We arrived late and the guy at the reception was very rude. The bedroom were on the 5th floor, without lift, all the doors were left open, the keys weren't working properly. The bedroom was a mess, unbelievably dirty and smelling really bad. The bathroom as well. The wifi wasn't working on the bedroom for 2 nights. Way too expensive for the service!

• 29th May 2014

On arrival (at 6pm) i was told i could not check-in because the staff member at reception had 'finished his shift' and i could return in 15 minutes. After a walk i returned 1 hour later to be met with the same excuse by the same staff member and another staff member, that they were 'changing shift' so i could not check-in.

Yes there are rockery doors, yes the bathrooms are not 5 star, yes there can be some noise when living in dorm rooms... However the value you get for money at this place is surpassed by no other! This is a fantastic hostel for backpackers who are roaming the world gypsy style! With kitchen, fantastic common area and helpful staff you cannot go wrong at chilli hostel!

We stayed in the largest mixed dorm. The beds were extremely uncomfortable and noisy. There's no age limit and there were several really creepy old men in our room. We were traveling as 2 girls in their early 20s and it was really uncomfortable being in a room with one old man who thought it was okay to change clothes out in the open and another who was staring at my friend the whole time while she was trying to sleep. Neither one of us felt safe in our room or got much sleep.

Inexpensive and the best hostel for backpackers

Cheap hostel with a good location. But be aware of that this hostel is more about quantity than quality. Their facilities are fare from perfect.

I had such a great time there! Amazing staff and good location! Thanks girls!

This hostel is in a really good location and is really quite cheap. They also have a kitchen, which is good for saving money. On my first night, after laying in bed for about 30 minutes i started feeling a burning pain up my arms and over my torso. I turned on the lights and found 6 bed bugs. This sucks but i understand that it happens with so many people coming and going.The next day i was changed rooms. That night i was also bitten by more bed bugs. Impossible to sleep on a weekend

A good Hostel. One of the recepcionist is not very kind, but the others are ok. Is not the best one in the world but is well located and cheap

Staff were unfriendly and bathrooms run down. Not a pleasant hostel.

Shower was excellent

Lots of good cheaper restaurants nearby

I found the hostel extremely dirty. The bathrooms were shared by approximately 30 people which is not acceptable for hygienic reasons. Some of the other "guests" were extremely noisy at all hours of the night and on one night the second toilet was unuseable . On one occasion the police had to be called following the theft of a mobile phone from our room. If there had been any other accommodation available I would not have stayed there but it was a holiday weekend which I had not been aware of.

• 1st May 2014

Would stay in another hostel if I vist Prague again, didn´t recieved the service I expected for the price I payed.