Chili Hostel Reviews

Pstrossova 7, Prague, Czech Republic

I stayed here for 7 nights, after which I ended up feeling very much at home. The WiFi was okay - it usually worked well in the lobby but often wasn't so good in my room on the 5th floor. The kitchen was well stoked and large enough to cook what I wanted, pasta and rice dishes, with lots of fridge space. People were friendly, though I would note that it is somewhat a party hostel, with lots of young people - fine for me :) I was able to use the washing machine free of charge after staying 5 days

hostel's location is good but staff is not kind.i wait for check in 45 minutes. bed is uncomfortable . i didn't sleep , pay more money and staying other place

It was of the worst hostel i been. I just to say dirtiest ever.

Hello Medine, thank you for your feedback. Best regards hostel Chili

This hostel doesn't deserve its bad reviews. I really enjoyed my say here. The bathroom was almost always in use, but thats manageable. Lots of stairs, but not as bad as some places we've been. Theres pretty much only Wifi on ground floor, but other than that it was awesome.

Hello Nelli, thank you for your feedback. Best regards hostel Chili

My friend and I arrived at around 4 o'clock in de morning, and we only booked the hostel for the following night. We were afraid we had to stay out on the streets until we could check in, at 2 pm. Luckily the staff was very welcoming, we could put our luggage in the luggage room and wait in de lobby until we could check in. We had a good night sleeping on the red couches. Thank you for everything!

Hello Nelli, thank you for your feedback. Best regards hostel Chili

We had a great stay, 5 nights. Beds were comfortable and clean. Staff were helpful and the kitchen was great to cook in. The only inconveniences encountered were from other guests.

• 4th Jul 2015

Hello Dana, thank you for your nice feedback. We would like to offer you 10% discount from your next stay. Best regards hostel Chili

For this money it was totally worth it... Didn't like to share the bathroom with so many people though.

• 2nd Jul 2015

Hello Nelli, thank you for your feedback. Best regards hostel Chili

We experienced an extreme difference between the floors. Two of us had clean room and bathroom, and good shower facilities, while the rest of us (who lived on another floor) had a quite disgusting bathroom, and a less cosy bedroom aswell.

The hostel is in good location and everything was okay during our stay and after check out they allow to put our bags there

Generally good to save money and stay close to the main places in the city, but definetly they should have more bathrooms.

Broken beds and dirty, dirty, dirty place. If you want to lay on you bed and see spiderwebs and spiders in the roof, this is your hostel. Don't expect a clean bathroom, of course. Don't remove the sheets to check the mattresses...that would be worse.

This hostel is disgusting and made me feel very unsafe. The staff highly recommended I rent a lock for the night instead of putting it in their free safe. He then gave me a lock and a set of keys that did not match and did not even apologize for his mistake. Some of the locks had been cut and the lockers weren't even secured to the walls. The keys to the rooms do not work and the bathroom is so small you can't even close the door when you're in there. We checked out immediately.

After paying, I went upstairs and discovered how disgusting the rooms were. The bathrooms barely fit one person, and need to be shared by ten. Atmosphere is less than basic. Some locks had been cut on the lockers and they had run out of locks. Additionally, the keys to the doors didn't work, so the manager had to come and replace them. The conditions were so uncomfortable that we decided to check out immediately without even staying the night. The amount we paid was clearly not enough.

It is not a hostel, I can say it is dormitory... Staffs are not friendly and too much 'official'. The baths&showers&toilets are not enough. The kitchen is too dirty and Wifi is only availablr at reception which is very crowded and not place to sit down generally.

It's a cheap hostel, but if you can pay a little more for a better one, do it. I should have done that. The bedroom was dirty and wasn't cleaned once when I was there (4 nights!). Only 2 bathrooms per floor, and those weren't cleaned either. Disgusting. The staff wasn't very helpful. When I arrived the guy at the reception didn't explained anything: just gave me the key and made me pay. I asked about restaurants and he said 'there's one around the corner'. I don't expect that from a hostel.

Chili Hostel just stole 1st place for worst stay in 7 years. 1st and foremost:BED BUGS. Vicious ones. I left my room at 3am and was assigned a new bed, and promised a single room. This would not be followed through with. I was then required to move beds 3 more times due to poor organization from the friendly & apologetic, but very disorganized staff. I asked that my clothes be washed of bed bugs, this was agreed to. But not lived up to without a follow up request, this time coated in frustration

• 11th Jun 2015

In general it was really good hostel - nice staff, excellent location, nice kitchen and so on if you compere with the money we paid. The only problem was that beds made unpleasent noise, when you move.

• 10th Jun 2015
  • Latvia

clean bathroom, clean sheets, clean enough bedroom, staff not very fast but friendly, great location, great value for money overall, couldnt ask for more! will definitely come again. as to previous comments: true, wifi didnt work properly in the bedroom .. so what ,)

Kitchen was terrible and kitchen supplies were very dirty. Lockers were too small to fit a bigger backpack there. Beds kept terrible noise every time someone turned around. Same thing at the floor. In my room there was only one wc/shower for 20 people.... When you get into the hostel first thing you saw was huge posters telling you how much it costs if you break something. I understand but I didnt feel so welcome. At least location was good and they sold pretty cheap beer there.

Located very close to the main sites at a good price. I get the feeling that the credit card machine is always out of order by intention, but someone follow up with a review of they end up having it work. The rooms are bare minimum, but when traveling cost and location are what matters most. I wouldn't choose to rest up there - pretty loud drunk people in the streets and uncomfortable, but if you just need a place to pass out it is fine.