Chili Hostel Reviews

Pstrossova 7, Prague, Czech Republic

Stayed over easter weekend and get bent over the railing for my Saturday night stay. Close to $90 USD for a night. Come on it's Prague! It's not NYE! Most of the lockers don't work, the lock is just there for show, turn the handle and the locker will open. As seen by the fact that my DSLR and Laptop were removed from the locker but luckily placed in safer keeping by a staff member because they had to switch my rooms due to an error on their end when I checked in.

I'm not very happy with this place. I came to Prague last minute. I booked and stayed at a different hostel for the first 2. It was great, but because of the long Easter weekend, couldn't stay all 4. The only hostel with availability left was this one. Now every other hostel I saw, was charging the same rate for the long weekend as normal… This place, knowing they were the last available, gouged and charged double for a room! I paid $60 (instead of $30) for a shared 10 bed dorm. Very dirty also.

Not really clean and somehow noisy, but it's so close to the city center!

• 17th Apr 2014

Well, this hostel is standart, at least it it well located, I walked to all places from there. However, I heard that one room was stolen while I was there. So, I dont know if this hostel worth...

The Location is good. There are a lot of bars, Pubs and cheap Restaurants in the area. The interior is modern and fancy and has a relaxed atmosphere. We stayed there over Easter, so they were fully booked out and made us stay in the cellar for a week, what was kind of shocking. Althought the staff tried the best to make our stay the most comfortable it could be, it was still windowless. When we would have gotten in one of the regular room, we would have recommend it. But this wasn`t acceptable.

Everything was amazing!!

I stayed in a twin room on the FIFTH floor and there was no lift. Imagine carrying heavy bags up and down for five whole floors. To make it worse, the WiFi didn't work inside the room. The bathrooms were dirty and it took me ages to take a shower because just a few drops of water left the shower. The room was also dirty and it was really noisy outside, so I couldn't sleep. It's best to pay a little bit more and stay in a better hostel. Definitely not worth it and wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Nice hostel to stay at! Good for the money!

Great place to stay. Kind of hippie I'd say. Good place for socializing in good localization. Highlyrecommended

My phone got stolen while it's left charging next to my pillow when I was asleep. The other guy from our dorm got almost everything including IDs, Laptop and wallet stolen. A thief climbed into our room from the window during midnight and took all those away. Told that to the hostel staff, they first told you only police can check their CCTV, and after the police came, they told us the CCTV were not working. Stay miles away unless you voluntarily wish to be robbed.

Bad atmosphere, careless staff... Place to just sleep.

The hostel was good in general, but it had some negative points that could be liked that. Each time we wanted to use the kitchen, everything was dirty. One of the sinks was full of dirty water and the stoves were not working properly. Wi-fi was very slow, sometimes unusable when too many people was on it. The room was clean though and the beds comfortable. It would be good to check again the living room's layout because it was easily crowded. Maybe change some jolty couches?

There was no working heater in the room and it was horrible night

• 27th Feb 2014

Pretty Good hostel. Me and my girlfriend had some bed bugs bite us in the night. But apart from that it was an ok hostel. Kitchen is pretty good.

the price is very reasonable and the facilities are really great!

I dont understand all the bad comments about this hostel. It was totally good enough. A lot of space in the rooms, clean and definetely they do their best for safety. Also 4 computers are available and the kitchen is well equiped. So, for the hostel being unbelievably cheap it is very very good :)

GREAT STAFF !

Stayed in twin private ensuite and it is marvellous! Will coming back again

The Hostel had a nice central location but unfortunatly i did not have the facilities it promised. Staff was friendly but the atmosphere among the guests wasnt very interesting.

Door was broken. Room not so clean as should be. Bad smell in hostel. The boy from the reception quiet helpful.

• 31st Jan 2014