Chili Hostel Reviews

Pstrossova 7, Prague, Czech Republic

Big kitchen. 2 fridges. Big common area. Spacious room but no elevators. Long climb to 4th floor.

In general everything's good, except for the kitchen is In a mess after been used by those lazybones. Other than that, is a good place to stay during time in Prague.

4th floor is 92 steps of stairs. 3rd floor toilet sometimes get clogged. WiFi on 4th floor is weak. Understaffed at the reception. Sometimes the queue is quite long. Coffee vending machine is very good.

I was worried about staying here after reading previous reviews, however it was better than I thought. It was super Cheap and the facilities were better than other hostels (we stayed at emma the previous night, this was better) Although there was an issue with sheets and towels And lots of people were going without.

- Dirty kitchens with soap that always runs out - Four toilets on each floor, for 40-50 people. - My wallet got stolen out of my bag by a thief while I slept. I caught her in the act, but she ran away. - Somebody else got their locker broken into, losing their passport, a tablet, and 900 Euros. - Doors have to be locked from both sides, which means many people don't bother locking them. - Very easy to walk in, go into an unlocked room at night, and sleep in an empty bed. - Staff were nice.

It was a good choice. Thank you to the friendly staff.

• 24th May 2015
  • Romania

Hello, thank you for your feedback. Best regards Chili

You get what you pay for -- the location is great, but everything else is subpar. They gave us the wrong keys to our room then told us that they didn't have any extras to give us, and we would have to hope someone was in the room to let us in. The WiFi didn't even work in our room. I would only recommend if you have no other options.

Hello, thank you for your feedback. Best regards Chili

It was a great time in Prague, and the Hostel has the perfect location. It´s only 10 minutes walk to the Charles Bridge and everywhere are cute little and cheap cafes and restaurants. We had a 4 dorm. It was clean and the mattress was really good. (: Only the staff is a bit unfriendly. But you always get your answers...

Hello, thank you for your feedback. We are so sorry for some inconvenience. Best regards Chili

really good location. the reception was really nice and we got good service! a relaxed and cozy atmosphere! :) 👍🏼💗

Hello, thank you for your feedback. Best regards Chili

The staff was distant and rude , specially the manager. You have to pay 150 CZK if you want to leave your backpack after 2pm at reception the day you leave, this is just insulting for any backpacker traveler!! I understand you want to make money, but maybe you should start by changing this horrible creaky beds, to clean well the hostel, restore the horror basement kitchen, and to give some soul to it all, maybe after all that you can charge more money, resuming is a terrible hostel!

Hello, thank you for your feedback. We will appreciate to know with who did you speak as with manager? We are so sorry for inconvenience but we dont have information more to solve it. It is normal after check out to pay this service at the hostel. Best regards Chili

Good price and walking distance to everything. Wifi was terrible and barely worked but everything else was fine.

The hostel was not great but we met some great people. The location is good and one receptionists helped us book a trip out to a shooting range which I would definitely recommend! Unfortunately one of the night staff members almost ruined our entire stay. The first night he slammed his hands down on the counter and shouted 'this is not a pub' because we was talking in reception. The second night he started yelling at everyone and rang the police on us because we was having drinks in the dorm.

• 14th May 2015

Hello, thank you for your feedback. We are so sorry for inconvenience. Best regards Chili

That was the worst Hostel that I have ever been, I got there to late, so I stayed there just few hours, 6am I was up to look for another place to stay. It is old build, durty, the bathroom door was broken, so I could not close it. They don't accept credit card, but I read an information that they accepted and they dont exchange, any option. The worst ever.

Hello, thank you for your feedback. We are so sorry for inconvenience. Door which was broken are repair. Best regards Chili

Liked the location but beds and cleanliness level need to be improved on.

• 12th May 2015
  • Kenya

Hello, thank you for your feedback. Best regards Chili

- Receptionist at night incapable of check-in under 15 minutes per person - Security - nobody watches or checks luggage room - Rooms filthy and maid never cleans - Must change own lining on beds - Receptionist doesn't give bed sheet you lay on only for top cover - Small pillows in dorm and almost worthless to sue - Shower and toilet rooms small and hard to move inside

Hello, thank you for your feedback. Best regards Chili

Bardzo dobra lokalizacja w centrum miasta. Odrzucają obskurne i brudne łazienki, niechlujna, obrzydliwa kuchnia, z której jednego dnia po prostu wyrzucono na środek wszystkie rzeczy i pozostawiono przynajmniej do końca naszego pobytu (3 dni), talerze, garnki i sztućce w strasznym stanie i w zdecydowanie niewystarczającej ilości oraz okropnie skrzypiące i twarde łóżka.

• 7th May 2015
  • Poland

Alright hostel. Very quiet and not much of an atmosphere. Good if you just need a place to sleep.

Facilities did not look particularly clean or well-maintained, and one of the beds in the dorm was remarkably squeaky. Neighboring room guests were loud, smoke was wafting in under the door. Way over-priced on a holiday weekend, but the location was good.

Right when I got there the lady at the desk acted like she was doing me a favor by letting me stay there, but otherwise I didn't see her again after that which was nice. Good location 5-15 minute walk to anywhere. Not a great atmosphere in the communal room, pretty much a look down at your phone and be antisocial. You get what you pay for.

The hostel staff had no manners and customer service is not their professional preference. I was given no information about Wifi connection, clean sheets or key deposit. I had to even ask how to get to my room. Very poor.

• 22nd Apr 2015