Chill Backpackers Reviews

328 Upper Roma Street, Brisbane, 4000, Brisbane, Australia

Upgraded us upon arrival to a private room

Great stay at Chill! Really good hostel. Would definitely recommend :-)

• 9th Dec 2014

The aircondition was out and no windows to open to get air from the outside. When we contacted the staff they said they couldn't do anything to help us and when we asked for a refund they denied. The hostel has potential but I think it was quite dirty and the staff was really not nice.

• 3rd Dec 2014
  • Denmark

Hi Anna, It is very unfortunate that one of our airconditioning unit stopped working whilst you were staying with us, the fan was damaged by the severe hail storm we had experienced. However, we did move you to another room where the aircon was working which was also an upgrade to the room you booked. I hope you will visit us again and have a positive experience.

Great "chilled" hostel, good facilities and good staff, just would like free wifi!! Can't be that hard in the middle of Brisbane......

Brilliant hostel, will recommend! The atmosphere was great as it was really sociable on the terrace.. It's nice because there is no bar so everyone can bring their own drink and it seems more relaxed. Fantastic movie room too where they show movies daily which is something different. Feels like home. Really near Coles too!

• 29th Nov 2014

I loved to outdoor terraces on the 3rd and 4th floors!

Great big kitchen. Nice balcony terrace. Rooms were decent - got upgraded to a 3-bed. Friendly staff. Great location right beside bus terminal; walking distance to everything.

This isn't a bad place to get your head down for one night. Good location close to the centre, but small, old fashioned rooms. Kitchen was tiny for the size of the hostel and pretty dirty.

Rooms very crampt, nowhere to put your stuff and all rooms were really dirty. Even all the corridors absolutely stank. Would definitely NOT recommend. Travelled all the way down the east coast and this was the worst hostel by far. Normally I follow ratings and am not let down, but this was terrible and no one was very friendly.

very clean. helpful staff. Really enjoyed the free food on the bbq night. great way to get to know people.

great value for money, no lockers, but you can always leave your valuables to the staff room, for safe keeping!

I liked the kitchen facilities, the rooftop view, the location close to Roma Street Station and restaurants.

Amazing staff

• 4th Oct 2014

A few good things, a few bad things. Staff very nice and very helpful. Location very good.-Good facilities - rooftop lounge, kitchen, etc. Bathrooms nice and clean. Bad things - bed very uncomfortable - I ended up putting cushion on floor to sleep. Noisy people roam the halls throughout the night off and on. For same amount of money for 3 people you could get nicer hotel room. Paid internet. Windows don't open in rooms, so no ventilation. Too many "warning - don't do this" signs everywhere

We loved this hostel, it was amazingly clean even though it's in a city. Great location, we walked everywhere. Staff really friendly and helpful! Only thing is my boyfriends headphones went missing from the room (they come in to change the bin and open the curtains) which may have been a total mistake but was a bit annoying!!

Great hostel, lovely staff and atmosphere!

• 20th Aug 2014

Although my stay wasn't bad, the room I was in had nowhere to store any of your belongings. The floor was covered with everyones laundry and luggage leaving things very messy. The room also had a very strange odor. One of the mornings that I was there, I had to take a cold shower as there was no hot water left. Not something I'm used to in Australian hostels. There were no lockers so I would not have felt safe leaving my valuables unattended. Definately a party hostel if thats what you like

Dirty kitchen and bathrooms are of a poor standard, would not revisit

The staff are really friendly and help us a lot. And the room and restroom is clean. But the kitchen...

The outside area were great with BYO! The atmosphere was great but a lot a people had stayed at the hostel for a long time and it was hard to socialise. The room it self was OK but it was such a mess that we didn't even have a place to put our stuff. The facilities were pretty good but the kitchen was really dirty with no cloths.