Chill Backpackers Reviews

328 Upper Roma Street, Brisbane, 4000, Brisbane, Australia

No lockers in rooms. Kitchen was tiny and $10 dollar deposit for cups and plates. Staff was very blunt.

• 28th Jul 2015

Rooms have basically no storage whatsoever and thus are constantly messy. Kitchen isn't big enough and fridges are always overflowing and food disappears constantly. No lockers provided and not a huge fan of leaving things behind reception, even just basic under the bed lockers to store valuables and you can keep your valuables safe under lock and key. Room checks every day at 10am when they can surely tell who hasn't checked out or wait till cleaners report problems. Could be lots better

First, The rooms are really small! I stayed in a 5 bed mix dorm, and the room was approximately 8 square meters. Second, the aircondition was really noisy. Sounded like an Airbus taking off every twenty minutes. Third, the internet is not free to use, and the connection you pay for is deadly slow. It took me around 15 minutes just to send an e-mail! Fourth, people steel! I stayed at this hostel for three nights and had my groceries stolen from the fridge twice even though they were labeled!

• 16th Jul 2015
  • Denmark

It was a bit stuffy in the rooms and the hallway, and no lockers for valuables but for a one night stay I thought it was good value.

• 2nd Jul 2015

LARGE HOSTEL, MEDIUM KITCHEN, REALLY GOOD ROOMS, WASHROOMS VERY CLEAN, HAS A POOL, 10 MINS TO THE CITY, EVERYTHING IS IN MINT CONDITION, WIFI IS PAID, FRIENDLY STAFF.

Sheets were not clean. Bathrooms gross. Worst hostel I stayed in over 7 week trip.

Good place to stay. Not a central location but most aren't in Brisbane. The guy in my room was def long term and selling weed out of the dorm. Not the best room to be in. But as the staff was chatting with him they probably didn't care and knew to begin with. If they don't know I was in the room where the keep the baby doll in the door prop.

Need safer place in dorm rooms for stuff - safes or lockers. Been in much worse hostels in terms of cleanliness - glad we got new sheets. The patios and the quiz night were super fun and I liked the international vibe. Wifi situation was a rip off though, pay by the minute and then it only worked in the lobby? Given all of this, it was more than doable for the price

Biggest complaint was the lack of a locker in the room and not being able to store things safely. Also rooms got messy very quickly as wasn't very much storage space. Otherwise was a great hostel!

Everything was fine and the stuff was very friendly and reacted to complaints immediately! I can recommend this hostel to every one since the value for money is so good. However, I have to say that our was a little bit small and there were no lockers.

Enjoyed a weekend here, was good! Had a private room with 2 beds, small room. But nice rooftop areas and chill out spots.

I had the air conditioning right in front of my head. With the price of the room I think it will be normal to have free wifi. The two bathroom didn't have hot water and the toilets were often disgusting. The frige was too full and not organize to put everything into. But reception people was niced.

This hostel isn't a bad hostel and great social scene etc but the facilities aren't as good as others. You have to pay a deposit for your plate, cup and cutlery rather than a plentiful kitchen of utensils. The wifi is only available on the top floor or bottom floor which can be a nightmare because it gets busy on the bottom floor with everyone using wifi and space is limited and the top floor is where the party is at so always quite busy. The staff however are really great!

This hostel is as it name says. However the roof deck is great to meet people and the staff are A+. Carlo who works nights is really cool with the guest inquiries no matter how inane they are. Chill is great if you want to be near the roma street train station as well.

Hostel was ok, I stayed in a 8 bed female dorm and the room was far too small and only had one power point which isn't the most convenient! The communal area was nice and the kitchen clean. The female bathroom was a bit dirty and the seat missing from one of the toilets. You have to pay for wifi and it doesn't work all over the hostel which is really frustrating

Was really good hostel, we only had to stay there one night as we had to fly out of Brisbane airport and it was close to the station.

Unfortunately, the hostel was below our expectations. We had no window in the room (it seemed most rooms on our floor had now window as doors were left open during the night to at least anticipate some kind of 'fresh' air). The floor was disgusting - no fresh air was able to come in. Luckily, we only stayed one night (otherwise we might have suffocated). The 'female only' bathroom was dirty. Very noisy also. I don't think the 'no alcohol in rooms' policy was enforced which didn't help noise.

• 1st May 2015

Friendly hostel in an excellent location.

• 22nd Apr 2015

Only stayed there overnight while traveling but seemed to have a lot to offer wished we couple have stayed there longer :) Did have to pay for wifi which was a downer but nice terrace and kitchen.

Staff has been unhelpful and impolite. Wifi didn't work but if it did then super slow. One room card key didn't work as well. Air con super loud and no possibility to turn it off. Mattresses uncomfortable. Kitchen and room were quite clean. Amenities old and in poor condition. Wouldn't recommend to stay.