Chill Backpackers Reviews

328 Upper Roma Street, Brisbane, 4000, Brisbane, Australia

Amazing staff

• 4th Oct 2014

A few good things, a few bad things. Staff very nice and very helpful. Location very good.-Good facilities - rooftop lounge, kitchen, etc. Bathrooms nice and clean. Bad things - bed very uncomfortable - I ended up putting cushion on floor to sleep. Noisy people roam the halls throughout the night off and on. For same amount of money for 3 people you could get nicer hotel room. Paid internet. Windows don't open in rooms, so no ventilation. Too many "warning - don't do this" signs everywhere

We loved this hostel, it was amazingly clean even though it's in a city. Great location, we walked everywhere. Staff really friendly and helpful! Only thing is my boyfriends headphones went missing from the room (they come in to change the bin and open the curtains) which may have been a total mistake but was a bit annoying!!

Great hostel, lovely staff and atmosphere!

• 20th Aug 2014

Although my stay wasn't bad, the room I was in had nowhere to store any of your belongings. The floor was covered with everyones laundry and luggage leaving things very messy. The room also had a very strange odor. One of the mornings that I was there, I had to take a cold shower as there was no hot water left. Not something I'm used to in Australian hostels. There were no lockers so I would not have felt safe leaving my valuables unattended. Definately a party hostel if thats what you like

Dirty kitchen and bathrooms are of a poor standard, would not revisit

The staff are really friendly and help us a lot. And the room and restroom is clean. But the kitchen...

The outside area were great with BYO! The atmosphere was great but a lot a people had stayed at the hostel for a long time and it was hard to socialise. The room it self was OK but it was such a mess that we didn't even have a place to put our stuff. The facilities were pretty good but the kitchen was really dirty with no cloths.

You have to pay for wi-fi and can only get it in certain places. room was very cold - had not more blankets available, what a joke. Rooms are TOOOO CROWDED. Not enough room for luggage and people. Better to keep walking down the street, there are 2-3 others that are much better!!!!

Hostel was very clean, good location to the city and the clubs. Staff all very helpful and lovely! Can take your own drink so saves money. Reception is open 24/7 which I liked 😊

• 30th Jun 2014
  • British Indian Ocean Territory

Very, very cold and they were out of blankets?! Dirty kitchen with dish liquid that's mixed with water and no clean tea towels to dry dishes. Wouldn't stay there again.

The dorm room was filthy: peoples' clothes were strewn alongside old crisp packets and half-empty cereal bowls. The door was kept wedged open by a waste paper bin: this was I'm told, because a few of the long term residents had lost their key cards and didn't want to pay for new ones. Showers were lukewarm, there's the usual nonsense of having put down a deposit if you want to use a plate and WiFi access is metered. Staff are friendly though and the view from the roof top is quite nice.

This hostel is awesome! We booked a 12 bed but they had no space so we were upgraded to a 3 bed and had room to ourselves at no extra cost! Free bbq was awesome and staff were great :) friendly atmosphere!

I have been there for 3 nights and this hostel was alright. My room was ok but to small for 5 People and the luggage. The rooftop, Kitchen and the bathroom were good and clean.

The kitchen, terrace and movie area are really nice - a good place to socialise with nice views of the city. I paid $28 for a 10 bed dorm but my room was actually a 5 bed. Still it was quite cramped and there are no lockers - I've stayed in much better rooms elsewhere for the same price. Plus the air con couldn't be turned off so the room was freezing.

Thought it was a nice place to stay everything you need comfy beds, nice movie room and clean bathrooms. Would definitly come back again.

• 16th May 2014

We stayed here for a week while looking for a more permanent accommodation. This Hostel has more of a hotel feel and the key card system was a little annoying as the card kept failing. Very clean and roof terrace is nice to sit out at night time. The hostel had pizza and sausage nights which is a good way to meet other travellers. Location was good only 5-10mins walk from Roma Street St and about 15mins walk to CBD.