Chill Hostel Reviews

Ladeira Ary Barroso, 35, Leme, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Awesome staff. Great time. The view from the terrace is a big plus. Feels more real then Leblon and Co.

• 2nd Mar 2014

Really good memories of my stay on the Chill Hostel. We found it on last minute. The prices was so good for the situation that we thought "we gonna have a bad surprise" And NO !! Everthing was fine. Our room was quiet big (private double room), very nice welcomed, a small bar serving caipirinha (cheap one !). Located 10 min by walk from the copacabana beach. The only thing is that its up to an hill but there is motor taxi on the bottom in case you are too leasy. Come on, go there !!!!

• 25th Feb 2014

Location of the hostel is nice, close to Copacabana beach but it's a steep walk back. Our room didn't have lockers and we really missed airconditioning since summer in Rio is HOT.

The water heater didn't work, so the shower was very cold

I reserved last minute and was able to work with the friendly staff to then extend my reservation in person. This hostel is in a great location (it is a little up a hill, however all other hostels in the area are even further up the hill) it's 5-10 minutes to Copacabana beach,and 20 min to breadloaf mountain, it's in a very safe favela which gives a great experience and also makes it easy to eat and buy what you need at non tourist prices. Staff has great info, even local parties and events

• 13th Nov 2013

Couple things: 1. Not easy to find, yes it is at the top of the hill in the favela - no signs anywhere on the street nor at the hostel. I had to ask a locals for help, it took several times before anyone knew what I was talking about. Obviously, this would be far easier if I spoke Portuguese. 2. Quite far from Copacabana. If you are looking to be around tourists this may not be the location for you. +/- 30 min walk to the beach and any restaurants / bars

• 11th Nov 2013

Hi Matthew! Its really strange and quite funny your comment.1-We waited for you until 2hours in the morning, send a email Worry about you, and you Never answer it back. 2,There are more them 5hostels in the Comunity,plenty of tourists I can assure you. 3,It takes around 10min Going Down to get to the beach, I personally garante you cause I Do It Everyday.And finally, please be a little wiser with their words, because they affect not only Our Work, but also the image of our Friendly Community.

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels