Chill House Reviews

Aguero 781, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Fantastic hostel with a great vibe. Friendly and helpful staff. Good location to see all parts of Buenos Aires.

The hostel is beautiful and very centrally located, close to all sorts of shops and a big supermarket. The staff was very friendly. My room was very nice, tastefully decorated. Breakfast was included, with nice basics such as bread, butter and jam, coffee and tea, and oranges to prepare a freshly squeezed juice. Nice shower, really hot water and good pressure. The only drawbacks were the old shower curtain and pillow in need for replacement...

Thanks for your comment...We already changed them...Sorry about that ;) Antoine

Very nice hostel, well situated near to the subway station. Antoine helps you with everything you need. Very nice and clean rooms. Excellent wifi. Nice roof terrace. The only point of critics is that the breakfast is quite limited (although you can make your own fresh orange juice, which is really nice) Would certainly recommend this hostel to everyone wanting to stay in BA.

Just great!

• 13th Feb 2014
  • Austria

I had a wonderfull time @ ChillHouse! Thanks to the staff, so helpfull, the house, clean and cosy, the location, 1 block from the subway...And the roof top terrasse...Definitly Chill...

• 13th Feb 2014
  • Andorra

Staff were great! Double room w private bath was very large and nice but opened onto inner courtyard where people smoked. When it rained, you couldn't leave the room without getting soaked. Breakfast was meager (typical in Argentina)--rolls, jam, coffee--but they did provide oranges for juice. Near supermarket and subway.

• 8th Feb 2014

Thank you so much for your comment! From today, it will be only allow to smoke in our roof top terrace...The rest of our GuestHouse will be not smoking area... Time are changing, ChillHouse also ;). Regards, Antoine

the hostel is not directly in palermo, however you can quickly get there by taxi. it was a good spot to get to know other people. the owners are really nice, but one of the staff members hit very aggressively on every girl in the hostel which made them quite uncomfortable.

Thank you for your comment. As you said, we are located 20 minutes walking from Palermo Viejo, but only 10 min form Recoleta, and 10 minutes from the center... You may made a confusion with our staff, and 1 of our guest.. It s been now 5 years we keep the same staff, and never any problem. You can check the 200 comments our guest posted on Hostelworld and you won't find any of this kind...I m really surprise... I wait for more details of your complain. King Regards, Antoine

The only complaint I have is the breakfast. It's only bread and butter with orange juice and jelly, no fruit or cereals. Very nice and cozy place! Highly recommended!

We were in Chill House during 5 days, in a beautiful private bedroom. We enjoy a lot our time there. Antoine is a very welcoming person who gives a lot of advices about Buenos Aires. We recommend this hostel !! Thank you again, Agathe and Martin

• 15th Jan 2014

Pretty grimy and we only got breakfast once. The area is also pretty sketchy.

The strongest point of Chill House is the owners attitude-extremally friendly and helpfull. Other hostel's owners could learn from them! I really like artistic design of this place :)

The bathroom in the private room downstairs smelled like stale pee and there are no windows in the room. The pictures of the room online are very deceiving, the rooms are not nearly as nice as they look. THe kitchen is also tiny and can fit 2-3 people. One plus is that is is relatively close to a supermarket and the subway.

Thanks for your comment. After 10 years we open the ChillHouse it is the first comment of this kind.I m really sorry if you had a bad feeling in ChillHouse but we always take care of the cleanless of the house that is for us the most important..You can ask for room service anytime you need...I don't remember you ask us for...Sorry for our tiny kitchen also...Picture in our web, tripadvisor, hostelworld are picture of ChillHouse...I don't understand your comment.I took them. Antoine

I would have recommended this hostel to everyone, esp. Solo travelers I've meet there amazing people which have became my friends! ..even the staff, absolutely superb !!! Location is good, all thing u need r close by /transport/supermarket/party :))

all the staff i encountered were beyond friendly and helpful, and genuine in their interactions with guests. when i made a booking mistake, they promised to try their best to find me a bed and even offered that i stay on their couch if they really couldn't find a space. made me feel looked out for and comfortable! the small common area on the main floor made for a good place to meet the other guests, compared to larger spaces in bigger hostels where guests become more anonymous.

View all Buenos Aires Bed and Breakfasts