Chill Inn Paraty Hostel & Pousada Reviews

Rua Orlando Carpinelli, 3 - Praia do Pontal -, Paraty, Brazil

What I liked most was the location of this hostel. Its in front of the beach with a beautiful view and near the historic center. They have a bar across the street and people from other hostels go there to hang out and chill, so I could start new friendships. Btw, breakfast is served there in the morning from 8 to 10. Definitely a place to come back and stay longer!

• 9th Sep 2014
  • South Korea

Breakfast was great on the beach and the majority of the staff were friendly. Beware of the stray dogs on the beach and around the hostel though!

Chill Inn Paraty Hostel is very well localized to discover the center of Paraty, in a very nice and quiet area just in front the beach. Good atmosphere, good staff with who I had good exchanges. I really apreciated Jessica who was very nice, always smiling,curious, giving travelers advice.

• 18th Aug 2014

the location on the beach, where the bar and breakfast are is lovely bit otherwise I was really disappointed. The staff were unfriendly, didn't speak basic English and the hostel was totally dead - partner hostel geko over the road much better. Despite being empty and entirely devoid of atmosphere it was hard to sleep, the staff stay up until 3am talking loudly (despite signs everywhere saying quiet after 11) and then start playing loud music at 730am. Just one key per room and doors don't lock

Dirty kitchen facilities. Very basic bedroom, old mattresses. Not very secure lockers. Very unhelpful staff. On the beach, 10 min walk to town. Don't go to Paraty if it's forecasted to rain, there is nothing to do. Otherwise beautiful. We heard that breakfast was amazing, but it's nothing to write home about.

Rooms are too small ! 9 people in 10 square meters is a little bit too crowded. I am tall and the bed next to me could almost smell my feet (i hope i was precautionnous enough not to do it). There is also one bathroom for 9 which i think is just enough. Otherwise great hostel : you can cook, parking is free (in the street) and the breakfast is amazing !! It is shared with another hostel so it´s good to meet even more people. Free caipirinhas for welcome !

Very overpriced for what you get. Small and uncomfortable dorm rooms, no room to keep your luggage. Was woken by staff at 3am to be told I was in the wrong bed, despite being in the bed I was allocated. Missing a lot of the basics other good hostels have. Breakfast on the beach was one positive.

great location on the beach, impressive breakfast. Manager is incompetent, she told us we could stay an extra night, then told us the next morning there was a problem with our reservation. Dreadful wifi book your onward journey before you arrive.

We had a private room which was just fine. Unfortunately the kitchen wasn't that well equiped. We had a room during high season which is in Paraty for some reason in July and August and we found it quite expensive. They have a service to pick you up from the bus station. If they can't make it they will replace the money. They didn't tell us to get a receipt and didn't replace the money. The hostel was clean, you have a wonderful view at the ocean and breakfast was good.

The hostel is located just in front of the beach! The breakfast is served on the beach ;)

Great hostel located right on the beach in Paraty. We stayed in a 4 person private room and it was great! Towels and toiletries were provided which you never see in hostels normally. Room was cleaned by a maid on a daily basis - another little perk we weren't expecting. Great breakfast on the beach and a great common area to meet other travelers. The only downside was the wifi. It barely worked and had to be reset every 10 minutes to get any sort of connection.

We were traveling at this hostel as a couple and our stay at this hostel was overall average. When we first checked in they had our reservation wrong and put us in separate rooms, even though we e-mailed them before to ensure we would be together. It took them 3 days to put us in the same room. The hostel itself is pretty clean although the bathrooms/rooms could have been cleaner. Staff were friendly though not too helpful since every few hours there was a different receptionist. 4 days is good.

The worst hostel I've stayed in. It's in a very good location and the bar is very good, especially for breakfast on the beach. However the hostel itself was poor. We were in a 9 bed dorm which was far too small for the amount of people in there, the courtyard was constantly wet for some unknown reason, which created a damp smell and the WIFI did not work.

I had a fantastic stay at Chill In mainly due to its location and friendly staff. The location, literally right on the beach, is pretty hard to beat. The breakfast every morning is fantastic and one of the best I've had at any hostel. Arthur and Jéssica are incredibly friendly and will assist with whatever you need.

• 30th Jun 2014

The hostel is on the beach, and they also own the bar out on the sand. Perfect location. Breakfast on the beach was perfect setting

Breakfast on the beach was a highlight, and the bar on the beach was great during the world cup with everyone gathered around to watch the matches. It's a short 10 minute walk to the city centre and around 15 minutes to walk to the bus station. The hostel staff are very friendly! The only downside is that the WiFi didn't work 80% of the time.

It was a great Hostel. The breakfast at the beach is amazing and with great variety of food. The only bad thing was not having wifi , and the loud music in the commom room. It as impossible to talk in there, specially at night. But totally recommend the Place.

The only thing i don't like is the wifi never work.

I really liked everything in this hostel. The coffee served at the seashore is a very creative idea and brings us peace. The attendants are very attentive, especially Jessica, who has very high spirits.

I really enjoyed my time at Chill Inn. The bar across the road was great, having breakfast there on the beach every morning was a great start to the day. The bar staff were fantastic & at reception Diego, Artur & Patti were really helpful. Only faults would be that laundry is quite expensive & there is hardly any internet. The wifi was contstantly down so I would recommend booking anything important before you get to the hostel, then you can just enjoy being cut off from the world for a while!