Chill Inn Paraty Hostel & Pousada Reviews

Rua Orlando Carpinelli, 3 - Praia do Pontal -, Paraty, Brazil

We were traveling at this hostel as a couple and our stay at this hostel was overall average. When we first checked in they had our reservation wrong and put us in separate rooms, even though we e-mailed them before to ensure we would be together. It took them 3 days to put us in the same room. The hostel itself is pretty clean although the bathrooms/rooms could have been cleaner. Staff were friendly though not too helpful since every few hours there was a different receptionist. 4 days is good.

The worst hostel I've stayed in. It's in a very good location and the bar is very good, especially for breakfast on the beach. However the hostel itself was poor. We were in a 9 bed dorm which was far too small for the amount of people in there, the courtyard was constantly wet for some unknown reason, which created a damp smell and the WIFI did not work.

The hostel is on the beach, and they also own the bar out on the sand. Perfect location. Breakfast on the beach was perfect setting

Breakfast on the beach was a highlight, and the bar on the beach was great during the world cup with everyone gathered around to watch the matches. It's a short 10 minute walk to the city centre and around 15 minutes to walk to the bus station. The hostel staff are very friendly! The only downside is that the WiFi didn't work 80% of the time.

It was a great Hostel. The breakfast at the beach is amazing and with great variety of food. The only bad thing was not having wifi , and the loud music in the commom room. It as impossible to talk in there, specially at night. But totally recommend the Place.

The only thing i don't like is the wifi never work.

I really liked everything in this hostel. The coffee served at the seashore is a very creative idea and brings us peace. The attendants are very attentive, especially Jessica, who has very high spirits.

I really enjoyed my time at Chill Inn. The bar across the road was great, having breakfast there on the beach every morning was a great start to the day. The bar staff were fantastic & at reception Diego, Artur & Patti were really helpful. Only faults would be that laundry is quite expensive & there is hardly any internet. The wifi was contstantly down so I would recommend booking anything important before you get to the hostel, then you can just enjoy being cut off from the world for a while!

Can't rate this place enough! The staff were genuinely the nicest and most helpful hostel staff since the beginning of our trip! Really worth going if you're in Paratay. Wifi barely worked but that doesn't matter to much

Amazing location and great staff. Having the Hostel Bar across the road on the beach makes it a great experience

great friendly staff and fantastic location. definitely need to invest in large lockers under the bed or in the room in order to store a large travel backpack or something of that size. didn't feel fully comfortable leaving my belongings out in the open.

The only issue was arriving and the recepcionist didn't know about my reservation, that had acctually been transfered to the hostel next door, Geko. So me and my friends stayed there, no problems, but I wish I had received an email about this before the arrival. But it's a good staff, nice breakfast, really clean. Overall, good hostel.

• 16th May 2014

I had a great time at Chill Inn hostel. Really nice atmosphere, perfect location (breakfast in the beach...) and really nice staff willing to help you for excursion or transfers. I would definitely recommend the place.

I stayed in the 9 bed dorm which was pretty cramped and bed was uncomfortable, but fine for 2 nights. There is a basic kitchen and common area but it didn't seem to get used much, even thought the hostel was busy, so not much of an atmosphere. However, the breakfast on the beach is lovely and the hostel is also very close to the town centre. Overall, good value for money and Paraty is well worth a visit.

I liked to have the breakfast at the beach. I disliked to have no wifi at the hostel. Anyway i would stay there again. I had a good time and everyone around was really nice

Very helpful staff, great location on the beach, close to the old city. Internt wasn't working but we could use WiFi at Geko Hostel next door. Breakfast on the beach :-))

The staff was very helpful and kind, but they messed up our booking. We ended up paying more than we were supposed to. They required a 50% deposit before arrival, even thou it wasn't high season, which we found unnecessary. The wifi didn't work at hostel for five days. We could use the wifi at the neighbor hostel, but that almost didn't work either. But besides this, it was a great hostel with friendly people.

Hostel was set in a really good location right on the beach with a great beach bar that was always busy in the evenings. Lots of options for breakfast and the cooking facilities were better than most places we have stayed! Clean rooms/bathrooms which had lockers and keys for each room. Most importantly, really helpful as friendly staff to help us plan our stay, especially Larissa. Altogether great hostel!

Beautiful location across from the beach. Loved having breakkie on the beach each morning. Was woken up to the local dogs barking every morning but it wasn't too bad. I would definately stay here again.

This is the best hostel in Paraty. Dorms are clean and breakfast is on the beach! The nearby bar has lots of great live music and the staff are very friendly and helpful.