Chill Inn Paraty Hostel & Pousada Reviews

Rua Orlando Carpinelli, 3 - Praia do Pontal -, Paraty, Brazil

They are stingy with the air conditioning and the wifi didn't work at all. Besides that it was a nice hostel.

• 6th Jan 2015

Its got all you need: across from the beach, beach bar, A/C, close walk to old town. Staff can help arrange tours.

Great hostel. Right on the beach

Some of the staff just seemed completely clueless. Some of them could give you a lot of information, others knew as much as I knew myself or less...but they were all very friendly. Drinks and food are not cheap at all, every other bar in town will charge you the same for a drink. There were tons of advertisements for a tour, when we asked, they told us that the guy is on vacation....then why do you advertise?! Overall the place is nice, clean and has a perfect location :)

Best place to stay in paraty! they have a really nice breakfast in front of the beach( you cant miss that!), laundry service, lots of tours to be made..sure is the place to be in paraty!

• 13th Sep 2014

What I liked most was the location of this hostel. Its in front of the beach with a beautiful view and near the historic center. They have a bar across the street and people from other hostels go there to hang out and chill, so I could start new friendships. Btw, breakfast is served there in the morning from 8 to 10. Definitely a place to come back and stay longer!

• 9th Sep 2014
  • South Korea

Breakfast was great on the beach and the majority of the staff were friendly. Beware of the stray dogs on the beach and around the hostel though!

Chill Inn Paraty Hostel is very well localized to discover the center of Paraty, in a very nice and quiet area just in front the beach. Good atmosphere, good staff with who I had good exchanges. I really apreciated Jessica who was very nice, always smiling,curious, giving travelers advice.

• 18th Aug 2014

the location on the beach, where the bar and breakfast are is lovely bit otherwise I was really disappointed. The staff were unfriendly, didn't speak basic English and the hostel was totally dead - partner hostel geko over the road much better. Despite being empty and entirely devoid of atmosphere it was hard to sleep, the staff stay up until 3am talking loudly (despite signs everywhere saying quiet after 11) and then start playing loud music at 730am. Just one key per room and doors don't lock

Dirty kitchen facilities. Very basic bedroom, old mattresses. Not very secure lockers. Very unhelpful staff. On the beach, 10 min walk to town. Don't go to Paraty if it's forecasted to rain, there is nothing to do. Otherwise beautiful. We heard that breakfast was amazing, but it's nothing to write home about.

Rooms are too small ! 9 people in 10 square meters is a little bit too crowded. I am tall and the bed next to me could almost smell my feet (i hope i was precautionnous enough not to do it). There is also one bathroom for 9 which i think is just enough. Otherwise great hostel : you can cook, parking is free (in the street) and the breakfast is amazing !! It is shared with another hostel so it´s good to meet even more people. Free caipirinhas for welcome !

Very overpriced for what you get. Small and uncomfortable dorm rooms, no room to keep your luggage. Was woken by staff at 3am to be told I was in the wrong bed, despite being in the bed I was allocated. Missing a lot of the basics other good hostels have. Breakfast on the beach was one positive.

great location on the beach, impressive breakfast. Manager is incompetent, she told us we could stay an extra night, then told us the next morning there was a problem with our reservation. Dreadful wifi book your onward journey before you arrive.