Chill On The Beach Hostel Reviews

Rua Dias da Rocha 31C, Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

There are a few thinks to improve, one of the showers didn't have hot water, one of the showers doors was broken, also a locker in my room and the beds are too noisy. But what makes it a great place is the staff, they are really helpfull and polite. The breakfast is great too.

• 4th Feb 2015
  • Paraguay

We didn't enjoy our stay at all. The air conditioner is only turned after 22, and there are no fan in the dorms. We tríed to take a nap the day we got there, and it was impossible because of the heat. We talked to the staff and they answer rudely. You can't store drinks in the refrigerator, the dorms are really small, there is no place to hang clothes to dry, and they have very strict rules. On top of everything, the hostel flooded on the last night, and we didn't even get an apology!

Great hostel with amazing staff .. excellent location, just 3 minutes walking to copacabana beach and 7 to the subway! I felt really welcome in the hostel, the staff as said is just amazing and very kind!!

New hostel with a great location. Very helpful and friendly staff. Nice common spaces and good security level with so many cameras that you sometimes feel like in Big Brother ;). Good breakfast. Despite its defects - crowded rooms and uncomfortable mattresses - I can recommend this hostel as a nice and cheap place to stay in Copacabana. Natalia, Mateus, other receptionists, bartenders and cleaning staff - thanks a lot!

Amazing location atmosphere and staff. 5 mins from Copacabana, 20 mins to ipanema. All very clean and safe, no problems whatsoever. Staff AMAZING! Stayed almost 2 weeks after only 5 days planned we loved it so much. Only minor minor thing was that the beds were really squeaky when you move around on them. However only minor point and really didn't detract from our stay at all!! Couldn't recommend this place more massive thank you I Natália Pedro and Alessandra for everything! We miss you!

Perfect place to stay in Rio. Very helpful and nice staff. Great atmosphere and location.

Brilliant hostel with the most wonderful, friendly staff!! Perfectly located just a very short walk from the beach. It has a great atmosphere and made a brilliant start to our stay in South America. Wished we could have stayed here longer! The staff were ever so helpful and there was a great variety of activities to do. Muito obrigada por uma semana ótima! As três gringas inglesas, Taeya, Amelia e Emma :)

• 9th Jan 2015

Better to stay in Ipanema or Leblon if you can, but as a second choice this is a great hostel in Copacabana.

Had an absolutely amazing time here over Christmas and the new year. Great friendly helpful staff, felt very comfortable and welcomed. Only downside: the beds are very loud when people wriggle around !

• 27th Dec 2014

Great location, right in the heart of Copacabana! Plus the staff is great, always willing to help. Good environment for making new friends from all over the world. I'd definitely stay there again. :)

• 16th Dec 2014

By far the best hostel I`ve stayed in Rio (I`ve stayed at 5 different ones in copacabana). Great location, staff and rooms don`t feel as overcrowded as those in others. Bathrooms were kept clean at all times too.

• 13th Dec 2014
  • Portugal

Way too many people in the hostel, there isn't a place where you can be alone. The beds are awefull, they are from plastic!, which makes it noisy and sweaty

Great hostel! The staff are really friendly and helpful which sets a really warm and fun atmosphere.

• 10th Dec 2014

Beds make a lot of noise. Staff try making money of everything and likes more to talk in the phone with friends then helping you. The woman who clean makes a hard work all day long, hope they pay her good...

Amazing hostel, ever more amazing stuff and Copacabana. Nuff said!

• 9th Dec 2014
  • Greece

Chill on the Beach is one of the best hostels I've stayed in-I'm now back for my third stay! What sets it apart is the great staff who are friendly, helpful and always willing to give you great advice about what to do in Rio! The hostel is also secure, clean, is in a great location and they offer a great free breakfast! Highly recommend.

The location is perfect and the staff was great. Breakfast was amazing if you consider that it's just a hostel.The beds were uncomfortable and noisy and the bedroom where I stayed was smelly since the day I arrived till the day I left. Still a great deal as it's a very good price in one of the best areas in Rio. They also offer cheap and tasty caipirinhas!

The breakfast was great, the room was clean and the staff was wonderfull! I would definitely stay here again!

This hostel was amazing because of the staff, the location, the price, and the nice kitchen

• 29th Nov 2014

Very good atmosphere. Paula, Natalia and Maria are awesome, they make your stay really comfortable. Breakfast is good, and facilities are clean. I really enjoyed my trip to Rio.

• 29th Nov 2014