Chill On The Beach Hostel Reviews

Rua Dias da Rocha 31C, Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

The guy at the reception thinks he is so cool. He is so annoying.

Stayed here for 4 nights whilst in Rio, great hostel with very friendly and helpful staff. Staff always willing to help and came out after work with us. Victor is always playing good music around the hostel in the day too. Alexandria and Tatiana also helped with everything we needed both where always happy and friendly. Good atmosphere in the hostel, breakfast is good to and the women who makes the food and cleans up helps everyone. Would highly recommend staying here, everything you need.

Average hostel in copacabana. Tiny and hot rooms with plastic mattresses. The A/C is turned off earlier than stated, bathrooms are not cleaned for days at a time, and the staff are mediocre at best. One guy was extremely rude to another guest, would click his fingers at me, and would spend his time singing to crappy youtube videos. They offered washing which came back wet, and some items didnt come back for two days. Wouldnt sleep here again. One of the worst hostels ive been at.

Excellent hostel. Highly recommended! Great staff, facilities and location!

Nice place with very friendly staff. Beds are unconfortable and bathroom is very poor and dirty. Some showers didn't have hot water.

Very good person, I spend 5 five days there and it was very nice, good location, they give you advice and help a lot. Very clean, only one little thing : beds are not very comfortable and make noise but it's ok. Recommanded :)

• 5th Oct 2015

Friendly and helpful staff, good breakfast. But there wasn't much opportunity to meet fellow guests so it lacked atmosphere.

Best hostel i've ever been!

I'm very happy that we stayed at Chill on The Beach Hostel! It was great! The whole staff was amazing! Alessandra, Tatiana, Nathalia were always happy to help us with everything. We met some great people from all over the world. I definitely would go back! Thanks!!

I adored this hostel....except for the bathrooms. After my experience, I would totally book with Chill on the Beach Again...just be prepared for the bathrooms...the mold on the walls and stuff super grossed me out. To be fair, the all male bathroom seemed totally fine but the all female bathroom took me a long time to come around to showering in. (the toilets are fine :) but the mold in the all female dorm starts on the ceiling and leaks down a little. GREAT HOSTEL FOR THE COST THOUGH!

Amazing hostel. Really friendly and inviting atmosphere. Located only a block away from the beach it takes about 2 minutes to walk there. The facilities were good, and the staff incredibly welcoming and helpful. They would go out of their way to help with anything they could. Would definitely recommend!

i had an excellent time here, the atmosphere was awesome. The staff were always extremely helpful and friendly and never hesitated to socialise with everyone in the hostel. The hostel was excellent in allowing everyone to socialise together creating a friendly atmosphere. Thanks guys for providing me with such an excellent experience in a hostel.

Staff were very friendly, location was perfect because i liked to go to the beach everyday! Communal areas were a bit small and not really conducive to relaxing, the couches and chairs were not very comfortable. The beds were noisy because the mattresses were lined with plastic. I was here off-peak so it wasn't so busy, which was exactly what i wanted.

This hostel is in a great location and has lovely staff who will help you plan your time in rio. Would definitely go back!

We really liked this hostel. Location was good, easy walk to copacabana, ipanema and the metro station to the city. The staff were awesome and it was very social. Rooms were small and the bunks weren't the best, super squeaky! Very clean and the cleaner seemed to be working 24/7. Good breakfast.

It's a bit hard to find as there's no sign on the door or wall outside the hostel and the kitchn utensils were limited but the staff were very friendly, it felt very safe, excellent location and fantastic value for money! Would definitely stay again and recommend to other travellers.

I enjoyed my stay at this hostel. The staff was very nice and welcoming. The beds not comfortable but you can sleep and at least they have air conditioner. Its crammed but its Rio and a hostel and that actually makes it easier to make new friends. The pizza place next door its great place for dinner. The market store is close so you can buy what you need. It was easy to catch the bus back to the airport, just ask the staff. I would say here again.

Good location close to the beach (Copacabana beach, but I liked Ipanema beach better... still relatively close). The room was a little cramped. I had one of those 3 bed bunks, such was a little squeaky and uncomfortable. Overall OK for the price.

Great hostel, amazing staff! Super convenient, right next to a supermarket and one block away from the beach. Staffs are very friendly and speak good English. Tatiana and Pald are nice enough to take a few guests and I to a local pub and a local club afterwards. I really enjoyed my stay!

Great Staff, Great Location. Beds are a bit squishy but the rest was quite good.

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels