Chill Out House Reviews

237 Moo 3, Long Beach, Koh Lanta, Thailand

Chill Out House was by far my favourite hostel we stayed in throughout our time in South East Asia. Its located in a very relaxed, hippy area right on the beach which meant dozens of delicious and cheap restaurants were outside our door as well as the ocean. If you enjoy relaxing, their Treehouse is full of wind chimes, hammocks and comfy day beds. We didnt even want to leave the hostel during the day because it was so relaxing. Would 100% recommend booking a private bamboo hut.

The hostel had a nice atmosphere and was unique in it's tree house style layout - with friendly and helpful staff. The dorm room was cosy but not comfortable. Each bed had it's own mosquito net but the mattress was non-existent. The hot shower did not work at all during my stay but there was a cold shower. The hostel is 5 minutes walk to the beach and close to lots of restaurants and shops.

This is a great place to meet people. It's friendly and perfect for chilling out in. You get what you pay for - accommodation is basic. I really liked Ellen room. It was a good size and very quirky. If you are travelling alone, I would recommend this room. I wasn't as keen on the bungalow I moved into later though, as the step into the bathroom is too steep and I almost cut my foot several times due to this. Also, there is no lock on the inside. I would definitely stay here again.

I loved my stay at chill out house! They make you feel very welcome and Marilyn the owner is a wealth of knowledge. Two minute stroll over to the beach, lots of great massage places and food. The whole vibe is relaxed and I could see why people stay for a long time. The only thing I wasn't too thrilled about were the non flushing toilets, but when you're on a remote island that's what you get, I guess. The spirit and joy of the place totally outweighs any small disappointments. Highly recommend!

I really enjoyed my time there. Even though I gave poor for the security and cleanliness that's the place where those things doesn't and shouldn't matter. The dorm was so different from any other places I've stayed and that made it so memorable

Accommodation is simple but I was completely happy with it for the price. Anyways if you are staying in a place like this you aren't really looking to spend time in your room. The common area was great for meeting people and there were always others about before the bar closed at midnight. Location was perfect, one minute to the beach. I would definitely stay here again when I go back to Koh Lanta. The staff working there were also nice...all backpackers themselves.

This hostel is a treehouse so you cant mind showering and using the bathroom with very little privacy. Also there aren't really walls so we were given mosquito nets at night. It was a really cool place to stay and very very relaxed! The staff are helpful. It was defintiely a cool experience.

Very nice atmosphere! If you really just want to chill out, this is the place for you! Than you also can say you have slept in a awesome tree house!! And very close to the beach!

Had a great stay. Didn't get to enjoy the atmosphere much cause I spent too much time on the beach which is literally 2 mins away, I timed it. I'm sure ambience is great. Anyone who wants to just chill and have good time, this is the place.

Bed mites.

• 13th Nov 2014

I can see it not being everyones cup of tea but if your happy to stay in a tree house and literally chill out its bliss

Chill out house is cool place with friendly people that make us feel like home. We spent there almost one week and hopefully we will come back next time. We stayed in bamboo 2 with private bathroom (actually we shared with frog and cute cat) It was really great time and we so much enjoyed. We definitely recommend this place. The location is really good. To Long beach is 2 minutes, local food is just next door.

Great stay, super friendly staff and great vibe

• 2nd Nov 2014
  • All Female Group, 41+

I'm serious: Don't go there. I so wish that someone had warned us. Its a deluxe dengue-trap, since its basically a tree house, very humid, a lot of potholes its a mosquito wonderworld. Spray doesn't help, I went through a whole can and still gut Stung several times. Now, one week later I got dengue myself and the same happened to 3 people that i know. and a lot more. maybe its a beautiful Place during dry season but they seriously should be forced to close during raining season.

Really basic but nice. One of the cheapest options on whole koh lanta.

I had low expectations for this place but I was much worse than I expected. We were booked for 2 nights but could only handle 1 night. The bed is literally a piece of wood with a sheet on it. Staff seem to only want to hang out in their little group and not want to interact with any of the guests. Bathrooms were gross and the rooms had no walls so there were tons of mosquitoes flying around and had to sleep in a mosquito net. Also someone had dengue fever yet they still kept the hostel open.

• 7th Aug 2014

Loved the chill out house. It was exactly what I needed. Great location right by the beach, literally a two minute walk. Great staff with fabulous breakfast. Perfect to chill out and sliw time down.

• 31st Jul 2014