Chill Out House Reviews

237 Moo 3, Long Beach, Koh Lanta, Thailand

Modest facilities, and it's open-air, so it will never be sparkling clean, but if you're willing to sacrifice that for an awesome atmosphere, comfy hang-out spots, and a great location right by the beach and amazing bars and restaurants, the aptly-named Chill Out House is for you. The staff is so friendly and helpful, too! I would come back anytime.

Chillout house is by far the best place i've ever stayed at. The staff is great, and you can just embrace the spirit of the place, which is really just chill. The location couldn't be better, it's like 2 min to the beach and great restaurants and nightlife right outside the door. The hostel shuts down the lightd and the music at midnight, so there'S never a problem to sleep, and if you want to continue your night you can just move on to one of many bars in the area.

Really nicely created hostel. Will definitely go there again :) Feels like living in a tree house community.

• 17th Feb 2015

A perfect place to relax for a view days. The staff is super friendly and helpfull. My dormroom was very basic and equipment my bed was a bit hard. There are no plugs in the dorm and no readinglights but there is a big chargingpoint downstairs. The chilloutarea is awesome so hanging out and doing nothing is the easiest thing on earth when you decide to stay here.

Super friendly and chill place to stay at. Extrmely good travel advices and chll diverse crowd around all the time :)

• 13th Feb 2015
  • India

I booked for 2 nights, but ended up staying a week. Ive never stayed in a more relaxed, lovely place then the chill out house. It really starts to feel like home when you are there for a couple hours already. The staff is super friendly, you can ask them anything on anytime. And they know loads about the island. You can make new friends really easily. And what i loved the most, is their amazing breakfast! Waking up, and not having to go somewhere for breakfast!

We had a great time staying at chill out house! The staff were phenomenal and the tree house atmosphere was cool. Would definitely recommend and stay there again!

A really laid back hostel with friendly staff and owners. It's like staying in a treehouse for the night! Lots of places to "chill out" and lounge around in the hostel which are really comfy even though the entire place is made of wood. Really close to Long Beach which is great for daytime but not for sleep. I stayed here for two nights in a private bungalow. Was cool for two nights but needed a proper shower and bed after that! Definitely worth staying here for the overall experience.

Was meant to stay there 2 nights, ended up at Chill Out 2 weeks. Great place. The owner Marilyn is incredibly helpful and friendly, the staff is awesome and up for some fun, and they make everything easy. The dorms are very basic but clean and airy, privates are great and not that much more expensive. It's a very cool treehouse concept, and works in complete harmony with how chill the island is, the people, the beach. Highly recommend!

Chill Out House was by far my favourite hostel we stayed in throughout our time in South East Asia. Its located in a very relaxed, hippy area right on the beach which meant dozens of delicious and cheap restaurants were outside our door as well as the ocean. If you enjoy relaxing, their Treehouse is full of wind chimes, hammocks and comfy day beds. We didnt even want to leave the hostel during the day because it was so relaxing. Would 100% recommend booking a private bamboo hut.

The hostel had a nice atmosphere and was unique in it's tree house style layout - with friendly and helpful staff. The dorm room was cosy but not comfortable. Each bed had it's own mosquito net but the mattress was non-existent. The hot shower did not work at all during my stay but there was a cold shower. The hostel is 5 minutes walk to the beach and close to lots of restaurants and shops.

Awesome place. I would def stay there again if/when I go back

• 15th Jan 2015

This is a great place to meet people. It's friendly and perfect for chilling out in. You get what you pay for - accommodation is basic. I really liked Ellen room. It was a good size and very quirky. If you are travelling alone, I would recommend this room. I wasn't as keen on the bungalow I moved into later though, as the step into the bathroom is too steep and I almost cut my foot several times due to this. Also, there is no lock on the inside. I would definitely stay here again.

I loved my stay at chill out house! They make you feel very welcome and Marilyn the owner is a wealth of knowledge. Two minute stroll over to the beach, lots of great massage places and food. The whole vibe is relaxed and I could see why people stay for a long time. The only thing I wasn't too thrilled about were the non flushing toilets, but when you're on a remote island that's what you get, I guess. The spirit and joy of the place totally outweighs any small disappointments. Highly recommend!

I really enjoyed my time there. Even though I gave poor for the security and cleanliness that's the place where those things doesn't and shouldn't matter. The dorm was so different from any other places I've stayed and that made it so memorable

Accommodation is simple but I was completely happy with it for the price. Anyways if you are staying in a place like this you aren't really looking to spend time in your room. The common area was great for meeting people and there were always others about before the bar closed at midnight. Location was perfect, one minute to the beach. I would definitely stay here again when I go back to Koh Lanta. The staff working there were also nice...all backpackers themselves.

This hostel is a treehouse so you cant mind showering and using the bathroom with very little privacy. Also there aren't really walls so we were given mosquito nets at night. It was a really cool place to stay and very very relaxed! The staff are helpful. It was defintiely a cool experience.

Very nice atmosphere! If you really just want to chill out, this is the place for you! Than you also can say you have slept in a awesome tree house!! And very close to the beach!

Had a great stay. Didn't get to enjoy the atmosphere much cause I spent too much time on the beach which is literally 2 mins away, I timed it. I'm sure ambience is great. Anyone who wants to just chill and have good time, this is the place.

Bed mites.