Chill Out House Reviews

237 Moo 3, Long Beach, Koh Lanta, Thailand

The staff is so helpful and friendly. The common areas are really inviting and it is very easy to meet new people. The only thing is that the beds are rock hard, but I guess that is what you get with a budget place. There are no lockers (and no locks on the dorms), to put your valuables in, however it feels really safe. I have the feeling you can trust everyone here. They do have security camara's though!

Very good hosrel- made us feel very welcome and had the feeling of a family. One of the best hostels we have stayed in, in South East Asia. One improvement I would advice is making the staff more noticeable because we wasn't sure who to ask when needing something. But other than that, fantastic and would strongly recommend.

• 4th May 2015

Marilyn, Rosie, Matt, Jess, Arm, Jayden you guys rock. Thanks for having us. It was great to stay in your treehouse and in the great little community at the end of the road by the beach. Booked 3 nights stayed 6, came back after we moved on just to hang out. This is the best place we stayed in in Koh Lanta. A home away from the everyday.

• 18th Apr 2015
  • Couple, 41+

The bungalows are incredibly rickety. If you're heavier than 40kg you will be afraid of falling through. You also cannot lock the bungalow from inside or latch the door even. There is no mechanism for closing! Also, if you stay in Bamboo 1 and are tall, you can see anybody using the toilet in the bungalow beside - not sure the number (perhaps Bamboo 2). how incredibly awkward it was for my travel mate! For this reason, I cannot recommend. The lounge areas are very social and loud at night.

Fantastic place and the staff were friendly and simply fantastic. Couldn't recommend this place enough. Nearly moved in there! Going to miss the place and everyone there.

Very friendly and helpful staff, a relaxed atmosphere, right by the beach and very fun staying in a tree house.

• 14th Apr 2015

Great Hostel, you don't wanna leave! Atmosphere is fantastic, staff super nice. Unfortunately no way you can go to bed early. Music gets turned off at 12 though

• 13th Apr 2015

I LOVE THIS PLACE SO MUCH. I WISH I DIDNT HAVE TO LEAVE. BEST PLACE IN THAILAND.

As a solo traveller this is a fantastic place to stay. I was here just 4 nights and genuinely feel ive made some very good friends. The staff and atmosphere was fantastic and is the place for you if you want a cool tree house feel with the chance to meet fellow travellers.

We checked out early, don't book it unless you fancy yourself as a Leonardo di Caprio wannabe. The woman at reception was friendly but that's it. No lock on the door, expected to sleep on a dirty old mattress on the floor,mozzy net had holes and badly stained, nothing provided to help clean yourself after toileting, worst of all people came back after a party arguing about drugs and this included the staff. A guy was on our hammock who was high! Lots more nicer places to stay

The place is really cool and the treehouse feel is amazing. I wanted to love this place. The staff is not friendly, they acted like they didn't want us around (except for the tattoo artist, who was great) and that we were inconveniencing them by being there. We felt unwelcome. The beds are tiny mats on the floor and one in our room was left uncleaned when we checked in and then we were blamed for it when they tried to check someone else in. Only one dirty bathroom for the whole place.

• 1st Apr 2015

Very nice community.. Ideal for a shorter stay and getting to know people. For longer stay maybe not ideal, because its easy to get stuck in the hostel and never leave to do something outside :)

Loved this hostel!if you love socialising and not bothered about luxury its great, met some amazing people here!had my first bamboo tatoo done by arm (there is a studio in the hostel!)staff are so helpful, the top room gets full of leaves but this cnt be helped and it is cleaned everyday. Loved the 'tab' system so you dont need to carry money around.my only 'concern' was the showers arnt completly private so i felt a bit on edge when showering but still lovely showers!thankyou chillout

Stayed in the private room and it was a really great experience. This place is like a Swiss family Robinson treehouse maze and the vibe is awesome. Close to all the fun stuff and beach. Easy to meet people and had a lot of fun hanging with the staff who are super welcoming and helpful. Definitely recommended for single travelers. Negatives: no security options but it was never a problem. Bathrooms are right next to common areas.

At first I liked the atmosphere in the hostel but then I saw that there is a small community ther, a few volontuers who know each other very well and it's diffixcult to mix with them and it doesn't feel comfortable because they want to have fun with each other and they are not interested in getting know other travellers. That was my impression - if I am wrong, sorry. The hostel is located very close to the beach which is great. The wifi is poor. Overall ok, but you can find same room for 160

We loved Chill Out House! Super welcoming staff and a wicked evolving artistic environment meant that our planned two night stay turned into a week. Loads of great food close by, good bars to party in, beach 2 mins walk, quiet and peaceful after 12, awesome breakfasts, and a phenomenal tattoo artist. I doubt we will find anywhere like this anywhere else. Thanks for the stay guys :-)

Excellent stay! Everyone so welcoming only problem beds are a bit dirty and don't get cleaned too well but other than that it's really good!

The best place i've ever stayed in! The location is perfect just 5 min walk from the beach! And the staff is so nice and makes the hostels atmosphere amazing! The best thing about this hostel is how you meet so many cool people here. Definitely returning to this place once I'm back in Thailand

Great hostel!

Greatest time of my life. Leave your negativity in your home nation. There is nothing but paradise here. Some of the greatest people I have ever met are here. Don't worry about a thing and get a sweet tattoo. Thanks for this experience. Can't wait to go back to the house.

« first « Prev 1 2 3