Chill Out House Reviews

237 Moo 3, Long Beach, Koh Lanta, Thailand

Had a great stay. Didn't get to enjoy the atmosphere much cause I spent too much time on the beach which is literally 2 mins away, I timed it. I'm sure ambience is great. Anyone who wants to just chill and have good time, this is the place.

Bed mites.

• 13th Nov 2014

I can see it not being everyones cup of tea but if your happy to stay in a tree house and literally chill out its bliss

Chill out house is cool place with friendly people that make us feel like home. We spent there almost one week and hopefully we will come back next time. We stayed in bamboo 2 with private bathroom (actually we shared with frog and cute cat) It was really great time and we so much enjoyed. We definitely recommend this place. The location is really good. To Long beach is 2 minutes, local food is just next door.

Great stay, super friendly staff and great vibe

• 2nd Nov 2014
  • All Female Group, 41+

I'm serious: Don't go there. I so wish that someone had warned us. Its a deluxe dengue-trap, since its basically a tree house, very humid, a lot of potholes its a mosquito wonderworld. Spray doesn't help, I went through a whole can and still gut Stung several times. Now, one week later I got dengue myself and the same happened to 3 people that i know. and a lot more. maybe its a beautiful Place during dry season but they seriously should be forced to close during raining season.

Really basic but nice. One of the cheapest options on whole koh lanta.

I had low expectations for this place but I was much worse than I expected. We were booked for 2 nights but could only handle 1 night. The bed is literally a piece of wood with a sheet on it. Staff seem to only want to hang out in their little group and not want to interact with any of the guests. Bathrooms were gross and the rooms had no walls so there were tons of mosquitoes flying around and had to sleep in a mosquito net. Also someone had dengue fever yet they still kept the hostel open.

• 7th Aug 2014

Loved the chill out house. It was exactly what I needed. Great location right by the beach, literally a two minute walk. Great staff with fabulous breakfast. Perfect to chill out and sliw time down.

• 31st Jul 2014

Loved this hostel. Great common area - very chilled! Right next to a beautiful beach and good places to eat. Lanta is very quiet during low season though. Overall I would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone looking for a relaxing stay.

We had a great stay at Chill Out. The staff are really friendly and helpful and you soon feel part of the family! The building is amazing, a huge treehouse, and we stayed in one of the bamboo huts which was great. It's amazing value for money; right by the beach and with bike rental next door so you can easily explore the island. I'd highly recommend this hostel to anyone heading to Koh Lanta!

Change the garbage bin in shower if you don't want us to be tempted to put the paper in the TOILET instead. That was gross.