Chill Out House Reviews

237 Moo 3, Long Beach, Koh Lanta, Thailand

Staying at the chill out house was such a unique experience! The atmosphere is amazing and everyone is so friendly. If you're looking for a culture shock.. Stay here! Everything is made out of bamboo so it essentially feels like you're sleeping outside. Also breakfast is AMAZING.

• 1st Aug 2015

The hostel literally lives up to it's name- it is the perfect environment to chill. The beach is close by as well as many services including a restaurant next door which serves delicious and affordable food. The atmosphere is chilled with good music. Facilities are basic especially the loo and shower but you get what you pay for.

Chill Out House is by far the coolest hostel I've ever seen in. Such a good vibe! The staff were wonderful and extremely helpful. I honestly could have spent a few weeks here if I had the time. My only complaint is that the dorm beds could really use new mattresses because they were rock hard. I still slept well though. I would go back in a heartbeat!!

Its not the place its the people.....And theses people are the BEST!!! All the volunteers at Chill out house are beautiful people, they will make you feel at home and you will never want to leave Ko Lanta.

• 27th Jul 2015

Good place to hang out and meet people, staff very friendly and helpful! However would not recommend the bungalows as the "ensuite" does not have hot water and is essentially outside.

If you don't mind back to nature, wood huts, mosquito nets and bamboo showers then this is the place for you The staff were excellent and couldn't give you enough advice about the island, the atmosphere was so chilled and the place has a real hippy vibe going on, loved it here and would love to go back in high season when the place is rocking (literally😂)

This place is amazing. Didn't meet the owner because they are away on vacation, but Rosie, Matt and all the volunteers are running this place right. The photos don't do it justice, it is truly a treehouse with little hidden chill out spots all over, and the vibe couldn't be nicer. If you're looking to live a little rustic, meet some awesome people and play some games that always end with a shot of Black Cock for the loser, you've come to the right place. My favourite hostel experience so far!

Sheets wasn't clean when we arrived, friendly voluntaring staff change it right away.

Good place to meet people and relax. They have a bar and have a small but good breakfast options. There are no lockers but it felt safe leaving my stuff. The communal area has chargi charging points and I was able to put on my own music. Sleeping facilities are a thin mattress and mosquito net but still got bitten a lot so put on lots of insect repellant.

The staff is so helpful and friendly. The common areas are really inviting and it is very easy to meet new people. The only thing is that the beds are rock hard, but I guess that is what you get with a budget place. There are no lockers (and no locks on the dorms), to put your valuables in, however it feels really safe. I have the feeling you can trust everyone here. They do have security camara's though!

Very good hosrel- made us feel very welcome and had the feeling of a family. One of the best hostels we have stayed in, in South East Asia. One improvement I would advice is making the staff more noticeable because we wasn't sure who to ask when needing something. But other than that, fantastic and would strongly recommend.

• 4th May 2015

Marilyn, Rosie, Matt, Jess, Arm, Jayden you guys rock. Thanks for having us. It was great to stay in your treehouse and in the great little community at the end of the road by the beach. Booked 3 nights stayed 6, came back after we moved on just to hang out. This is the best place we stayed in in Koh Lanta. A home away from the everyday.

• 18th Apr 2015
  • Couple, 41+

The bungalows are incredibly rickety. If you're heavier than 40kg you will be afraid of falling through. You also cannot lock the bungalow from inside or latch the door even. There is no mechanism for closing! Also, if you stay in Bamboo 1 and are tall, you can see anybody using the toilet in the bungalow beside - not sure the number (perhaps Bamboo 2). how incredibly awkward it was for my travel mate! For this reason, I cannot recommend. The lounge areas are very social and loud at night.

Fantastic place and the staff were friendly and simply fantastic. Couldn't recommend this place enough. Nearly moved in there! Going to miss the place and everyone there.

Very friendly and helpful staff, a relaxed atmosphere, right by the beach and very fun staying in a tree house.

• 14th Apr 2015

Great Hostel, you don't wanna leave! Atmosphere is fantastic, staff super nice. Unfortunately no way you can go to bed early. Music gets turned off at 12 though

• 13th Apr 2015

I LOVE THIS PLACE SO MUCH. I WISH I DIDNT HAVE TO LEAVE. BEST PLACE IN THAILAND.

As a solo traveller this is a fantastic place to stay. I was here just 4 nights and genuinely feel ive made some very good friends. The staff and atmosphere was fantastic and is the place for you if you want a cool tree house feel with the chance to meet fellow travellers.

We checked out early, don't book it unless you fancy yourself as a Leonardo di Caprio wannabe. The woman at reception was friendly but that's it. No lock on the door, expected to sleep on a dirty old mattress on the floor,mozzy net had holes and badly stained, nothing provided to help clean yourself after toileting, worst of all people came back after a party arguing about drugs and this included the staff. A guy was on our hammock who was high! Lots more nicer places to stay

The place is really cool and the treehouse feel is amazing. I wanted to love this place. The staff is not friendly, they acted like they didn't want us around (except for the tattoo artist, who was great) and that we were inconveniencing them by being there. We felt unwelcome. The beds are tiny mats on the floor and one in our room was left uncleaned when we checked in and then we were blamed for it when they tried to check someone else in. Only one dirty bathroom for the whole place.

• 1st Apr 2015