Chill Out House Reviews

237 Moo 3, Long Beach, Koh Lanta, Thailand

Fantastic place and the staff were friendly and simply fantastic. Couldn't recommend this place enough. Nearly moved in there! Going to miss the place and everyone there.

Great Hostel, you don't wanna leave! Atmosphere is fantastic, staff super nice. Unfortunately no way you can go to bed early. Music gets turned off at 12 though

• 13th Apr 2015

I LOVE THIS PLACE SO MUCH. I WISH I DIDNT HAVE TO LEAVE. BEST PLACE IN THAILAND.

As a solo traveller this is a fantastic place to stay. I was here just 4 nights and genuinely feel ive made some very good friends. The staff and atmosphere was fantastic and is the place for you if you want a cool tree house feel with the chance to meet fellow travellers.

We checked out early, don't book it unless you fancy yourself as a Leonardo di Caprio wannabe. The woman at reception was friendly but that's it. No lock on the door, expected to sleep on a dirty old mattress on the floor,mozzy net had holes and badly stained, nothing provided to help clean yourself after toileting, worst of all people came back after a party arguing about drugs and this included the staff. A guy was on our hammock who was high! Lots more nicer places to stay

The place is really cool and the treehouse feel is amazing. I wanted to love this place. The staff is not friendly, they acted like they didn't want us around (except for the tattoo artist, who was great) and that we were inconveniencing them by being there. We felt unwelcome. The beds are tiny mats on the floor and one in our room was left uncleaned when we checked in and then we were blamed for it when they tried to check someone else in. Only one dirty bathroom for the whole place.

• 1st Apr 2015

Very nice community.. Ideal for a shorter stay and getting to know people. For longer stay maybe not ideal, because its easy to get stuck in the hostel and never leave to do something outside :)

Loved this hostel!if you love socialising and not bothered about luxury its great, met some amazing people here!had my first bamboo tatoo done by arm (there is a studio in the hostel!)staff are so helpful, the top room gets full of leaves but this cnt be helped and it is cleaned everyday. Loved the 'tab' system so you dont need to carry money around.my only 'concern' was the showers arnt completly private so i felt a bit on edge when showering but still lovely showers!thankyou chillout

Stayed in the private room and it was a really great experience. This place is like a Swiss family Robinson treehouse maze and the vibe is awesome. Close to all the fun stuff and beach. Easy to meet people and had a lot of fun hanging with the staff who are super welcoming and helpful. Definitely recommended for single travelers. Negatives: no security options but it was never a problem. Bathrooms are right next to common areas.

At first I liked the atmosphere in the hostel but then I saw that there is a small community ther, a few volontuers who know each other very well and it's diffixcult to mix with them and it doesn't feel comfortable because they want to have fun with each other and they are not interested in getting know other travellers. That was my impression - if I am wrong, sorry. The hostel is located very close to the beach which is great. The wifi is poor. Overall ok, but you can find same room for 160

We loved Chill Out House! Super welcoming staff and a wicked evolving artistic environment meant that our planned two night stay turned into a week. Loads of great food close by, good bars to party in, beach 2 mins walk, quiet and peaceful after 12, awesome breakfasts, and a phenomenal tattoo artist. I doubt we will find anywhere like this anywhere else. Thanks for the stay guys :-)

• 21st Mar 2015

Excellent stay! Everyone so welcoming only problem beds are a bit dirty and don't get cleaned too well but other than that it's really good!

The best place i've ever stayed in! The location is perfect just 5 min walk from the beach! And the staff is so nice and makes the hostels atmosphere amazing! The best thing about this hostel is how you meet so many cool people here. Definitely returning to this place once I'm back in Thailand

Great hostel!

Greatest time of my life. Leave your negativity in your home nation. There is nothing but paradise here. Some of the greatest people I have ever met are here. Don't worry about a thing and get a sweet tattoo. Thanks for this experience. Can't wait to go back to the house.

It is a nice place to stay and meet people from different countries. Staffs are very hospitable. I recommend this place to everyone if you want to make your koh lanta trip memorable.

• 7th Mar 2015
  • India

Loved this place! The owner knows how to make backpackers super happy and she provided quite the chill out spot. It is a full on treehouse so when thinking of luxury know you'll be in a treehouse. With that being said it was one of the many highlights of our trip. We loved it here. White a magical treehouse that we were happy to be apart of for three nights.

The mattress was quite hard (but they generally are in Thailand), and the birds were quite noisy but obviously there's nothing anyone can do about that! haha The whole place has a super cool feel to it as it's made out of wood. Saying this it still has a hot shower and western toilet :)

Unique hostel on long beach. Beautifully constructed and great use of driftwood and recycled materials. Superb value with clean rooms- clean sheets fans and mosquito nets so all you need. Showers an toilets are clean too. This hostel recycles so I was impressed with their eco friendly attitude. Staff let the place down - We checked in with another couple - guy was too formal and condescending. He was like a robot taking about the rules, paying with small change. "Chill Out mate" .

Its a fun place to be and meet people BUT there are cheaper places to stay.

« first « Prev 1 2 3