Chill Out House Reviews

237 Moo 3, Long Beach, Koh Lanta, Thailand

Positive: Really cool place. Amazing breakfast, try the muesli! Loved the little cushioned areas to hangout. Met some really great traveling friends here. Negative: the beds are so so so hard! More than normal in SE Asia. It's so noisy at night due to surrounding bars so sleeping before 2am is tough - ear plugs are a must. Lastly, I came expecting this super welcoming community and I was really disappointed. This place is extremely cliquey and some of the staff are unwelcoming and pretentious.

• 23rd Jan 2016

This type of hostel is a complete hit or miss. The staff is pretty friendly but it is not worth it for me. I came the day that it rained so the sand stuck on me all day. My sheets were sticky and it's pretty uncomfortable to sleep with the mosquito net. Also, the bucket flush toilet and cold shower make me feel filthy but luckily, I only had to stay one night.

Staff was really friendly but there are no lockers. Dorms are mattresses on the floor. Because it's a treehouse when it rains you get all sorts of creepy crawlies in your room (I had a cockroach in my bed). The floors are dirt and the common areas are cool but people lay on the pillows when they're wet from swimming and I didn't see anyone shake them out once in 4 days. I got sick here and left for this reason.

What a place to finish my 10 month trip. Awesome atmosphere and people who stay here, in close proximity to all you need. For those complaining about bugs and manual flush toilets, maybe you should stand back and think about where you are, after all, you went to a Thai island, not your own backyard. If you want to have a great time with friendly people and relax, this is the place to go, one of the best hostels I've stayed at

Good hostel but let down by no lockers. I didn't have any issues with this going missing but it would've been nice to know my stuff was locked away securely. Also, 2 toilets for the whole hostel was not enough

Had a great stay, the staff were extremely friendly and welcoming. Very relaxing place to stay in a great location only a 2 minute walk to the beach. The cold showers were very refreshing.

I had a great stay at chill out. The staff were lovely, very welcoming and can have a good laugh. I had a private room and it was nice and tidy real good value for money. It's right next to a beautiful beach and lots of good restaurants. Mr wee (to the left of the beach from chill out) made a great pizza and more. I would highly recommend chill out if you like a nice and chilled atmosphere. Mosquito spray is an absolute must!

• 30th Dec 2015

We really enjoyed our stay here. From the minute we arrived the staff were so friendly and helpful. We enjoyed the privacy of a queen private for a very good price. Good location as it is right across from a minimart and some street food. Definitely recommend it for any backpacker looking for a laid back place with lots of friendly people.

I wouldn't have minded the lumpy mattress, noise, mosquitoes & ants if this quirky treehouse had lived up to its name. But a very loud and aggressive French guy (who brags about how long he's been there) ruined it for me, and a few others I spoke to. He spoke to me like a cop speaks to a criminal, refused to believe what I told him, and suggested that guests who forget any of the rules do not deserve respect. As long as he's there, I'd try one of the many locally-owned & operated places nearby.

dorms are up in a tree house which is ok if you don't mind being completely out in the open but it wasn't really for me! Millions of mosquitos, you are given a mozi net but I still managed to be eaten alive. No hot water and you often shower with frogs etc! Staff were super kind and friendly.

Great place. The name is fitting. Staff were awesome and welcoming. Can't beat the vibe or location. Would gladly stay there again and recommend it to anyone.

• 12th Dec 2015

Had a great stay at Chill Out House. It was recommended by a friend, who stayed about a year ago. Good vibes, close to the beach, tattoo shop, and lots of cool bars and restaurants nearby.

The hostel environment and location made me stay for a day longer than I thought I would. Great location and people. The facilities are not cushy and you're outside so there are a lot of bugs constantly, but I loved my stay there. Would recommend if you are up for treehouse living.

This is a very chilled out hostel, the volunteers working there were very friendly and helpful, But be aware this is not an actual building its more like a big tree hut, and there is no beds... U sleep on a mat with a mosquito net around u, there is no toilet with running water :-( no hot shower, only 1 sink, and no plugs in rooms..... All charging done in bar.... Owner call once a day for money so volunteers ran it... They try to get as much as possible for as little as possible.... Poor value

Great chilled atmosphere close to the beach, restaurant across the road has great cheap food and laundry. Staff are lovely and very helpful. Dorms very basic, and minimal security although there is cameras in the common area.

My boyfriend and I stayed at Chill Out house in a private room for 4 nights and had the best time! The staff are so friendly and super helpful - they really make you feel welcome! We met great people at the bar and enjoyed many beers on our tab, which they set up for all guests so you don't need to keep money on you. The location was fantastic as it's right on the beach and by massage places (where you can have a massage whilst watching the sunset). It is very basic living but we loved the vibe.

• 13th Nov 2015

We loved our stay at Chill Out House! It's basically a giant treehouse with a family vibe, really good place to relax. It almost feels like camping with the open room concept, make sure you have mosquito repellant! It was such a unique hostel, nothing like I've ever seen before. There's speakers where you can plug in your own music and they have their own tattoo shop right in the hostel. I got one that took 3 hours and I couldn't be happier with the finished piece, thanks Kig!

Very awesome place, just as it says, chilled out atmosphere, good location, clean facilities and very nice staff, highly recommended if you want cool island experience!

• 4th Nov 2015

Great hostel but the new management has severely altered the vibe of the "chill out" atmosphere. The management is more than capable of running a tight ship, however I think that in trying to go above and beyond the manager is driving people away. It is a shame because the hostel itself welcomes relaxed travelers. I DID have an amazing stay but at times I found myself not comfortable chilling out in common areas due to fear of being subject to the intense attention of the new manager.

• 30th Oct 2015

It was one of the best places I ever been. Cool atmosphere. Travellers comunity. Perfect place just 2mim from long beach and cool people. Perfect meet point.