Chill Out House Reviews

237 Moo 3, Long Beach, Koh Lanta, Thailand

I'm serious: Don't go there. I so wish that someone had warned us. Its a deluxe dengue-trap, since its basically a tree house, very humid, a lot of potholes its a mosquito wonderworld. Spray doesn't help, I went through a whole can and still gut Stung several times. Now, one week later I got dengue myself and the same happened to 3 people that i know. and a lot more. maybe its a beautiful Place during dry season but they seriously should be forced to close during raining season.

Really basic but nice. One of the cheapest options on whole koh lanta.

I had low expectations for this place but I was much worse than I expected. We were booked for 2 nights but could only handle 1 night. The bed is literally a piece of wood with a sheet on it. Staff seem to only want to hang out in their little group and not want to interact with any of the guests. Bathrooms were gross and the rooms had no walls so there were tons of mosquitoes flying around and had to sleep in a mosquito net. Also someone had dengue fever yet they still kept the hostel open.

• 7th Aug 2014

Loved the chill out house. It was exactly what I needed. Great location right by the beach, literally a two minute walk. Great staff with fabulous breakfast. Perfect to chill out and sliw time down.

• 31st Jul 2014

Loved this hostel. Great common area - very chilled! Right next to a beautiful beach and good places to eat. Lanta is very quiet during low season though. Overall I would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone looking for a relaxing stay.

We had a great stay at Chill Out. The staff are really friendly and helpful and you soon feel part of the family! The building is amazing, a huge treehouse, and we stayed in one of the bamboo huts which was great. It's amazing value for money; right by the beach and with bike rental next door so you can easily explore the island. I'd highly recommend this hostel to anyone heading to Koh Lanta!

Change the garbage bin in shower if you don't want us to be tempted to put the paper in the TOILET instead. That was gross.

I didn't actually stay here because they decided to close after a guest was found to have dengue fever - but the staff dealt with this very well by deciding to close instead of turning the other cheek, and by sending me a lovely and helpful email in advance giving recommendations about where to stay instead. So I feel it would be a nice place to stay!

We had an awesome stay here! Owned byGood people, burners ;) really cool place and cheap.

• 14th May 2014

We only booked 2 days to start. Think we are now up to 8 days here. And still have 4 days left it's a cool chilled out place. Amazing people arm he's the Thai guy he is crazy mofo very nice guy. You got Jesse arm partner she's awesome helps you with cheap bus tickets and gives you ideas where to go. You have Marilyn the mum such a ledgend would bend over backwards to help any one. And you have Jayden the baby of the family you have to get him to do single lady's dance hahaha so funny. :) :) :)

• 9th May 2014

The people here are great and do everything they can to make sure you have a good stay. The accommodation and bathrooms are very basic, but for the price I think it is pretty good. The location is great, seconds away from the beach and there are loads of options for eating and drinking. If you are looking for luxury this is not for you, but if you are looking for a friendly hostel to meet people and hang out at the beach it is perfect.

Really cool idea! Loved the treehouse. However, we felt the staff and their friends that they made through the people staying there were really standoffish to anyone who wasn't really the "hippie" type. We ended up leaving a day early.

• 19th Apr 2014

We had a great time here. We stayed in one of the bungalows. The location was excellent. a quick walk to the beach, a mini mart nearby. You can rent scooters right behind the hostel. We left our passport, which they say don't do but had no problem getting it back. They have a nice area to lounge around, which someone is always hanging out in. Super laid-back atmosphere, and would definitely stay again.

I stayed in this hostel last week, the staff were all very nice and helpful but the hostel itself was not very comfortable or clean. The main downfall of my visit was that my wallet got stolen and my friend's go pro got stolen the next day. There are no lockers and despite the staff helping us look for it, put a big damper on my trip.

• 16th Apr 2014

Fantastic place to meet people, perfect for solo travellers. The communal area is perfect for hanging out and the staff are really great. Would definitely stay here again.

Beautiful atmosphere and location, all the staff was really nice and helpful, definetely recommed!

Great hostel, very popular for good reason. Excellent atmosphere, great place to meet people and chill out. If it's full, there are also bungalows and other lodging near by, and you can head over to Chill Out Hourse to the bar and the social area

nice and relaxed place to stay, really close to the beach. only that the owner has no clue about the deposit-policy and will charge the full price telling u it's hostelworld who's getting the 10% you pay for the reservation.