Chillax Hostel Reviews

2-y Kolobovskiy pereulok, 9/2, Moscow, Russia

This hostel is a shambles. We arrived at the location as described and no one was present to receive us (despite being 24 hour reception!). We tried to call and the provided number was disconnected. We waited a few hours, having e-mailed and checked online. Finally we saw on wikipedia that the hostel had previously closed down. We were not informed of this by the hostel or hostelworld, and had to make other arrangements. Several days later we receive an non-apologetic e-mail. Disgraceful.

I had already been there in MArch. This time i had instead to go to another accomodation so my feed back is for the new accomodation (even if can be also intended for Chillax). I booked as usual on line getting confirmation etc. but when i was there nobody was in the hostel because it was under reparation. I had the phone of one of the staff and my trouble was immediately resolved with a new accomodation in another hostel near the Arbat street. In an hour i reached the other hostel

when we arrived, there was a sign at the door that the hostel is closed and the people in the house told us that there was no one for seven days. we made a reservation and relied on this hostel, so suddenly we were homeless. why dont you write mails to the people who made reservations if you have to close your hostel??

This hostel went below my expectations in all ways. Service staff didn't seem experienced in what they were doing, weren't helpful in showing us around the hostel or recommending POIs in Moscow. Facilities were old, pillows were really bad, toilets were cramped. Turns out that the private double room we booked was also booked by multiple groups and we were requested to move to a 10-men bunk instead. Seriously, this hostel can do much better before claiming to be the best in Moscow.

This hostel is ok for a pitstop IF you are ok with the atmosphere of your old auntie's house that hasn't been organised for a while and a place chock full of men of all ages just hanging about.I didn't feel ok in this place and had the horrible experience of having to find its location at 1am without being able to speak Russian....the cabbie didn't know where it was...even with Google Maps and phone calls to hostel staff. At least I got a clean bed and warm room thanks to an understanding staff.

The hostel is a complete disaster

Very Nice!

We arrived at the hostel and were very confused how to enter the building-maybe better signage would help! The hostel itself was fine however could do with a good airing as the bedding and the rooms smelt pretty musty/sweaty. There was also people who lived and worked there just sleeping on which ever bed was free-very strange!! Not a terrible hostel but needs a bit of a polish!

• 22nd Jan 2015

I really liked the atmosphere and people living there. It was a good experience.The only thing I would recommend is to renovate it a bit more.

• 19th Jan 2015