Chillax Hostel Reviews

2-y Kolobovskiy pereulok, 9/2, Moscow, Russia

One problem for me is that even though their web site is in English, the staff working there could not speak English which made things hard. I realised after, it doesn't actually say that they can..... Also I was having a shower and the water just stopped working mid way. Not just the Hot!! The kitchen was good but there seemed to be a lot of expired food hanging around......It also seems that the hostel was low cost housing for locals which made the vibe a little weird.

• 3rd Aug 2015

This hostel is a shambles. We arrived at the location as described and no one was present to receive us (despite being 24 hour reception!). We tried to call and the provided number was disconnected. We waited a few hours, having e-mailed and checked online. Finally we saw on wikipedia that the hostel had previously closed down. We were not informed of this by the hostel or hostelworld, and had to make other arrangements. Several days later we receive an non-apologetic e-mail. Disgraceful.

I had already been there in MArch. This time i had instead to go to another accomodation so my feed back is for the new accomodation (even if can be also intended for Chillax). I booked as usual on line getting confirmation etc. but when i was there nobody was in the hostel because it was under reparation. I had the phone of one of the staff and my trouble was immediately resolved with a new accomodation in another hostel near the Arbat street. In an hour i reached the other hostel

when we arrived, there was a sign at the door that the hostel is closed and the people in the house told us that there was no one for seven days. we made a reservation and relied on this hostel, so suddenly we were homeless. why dont you write mails to the people who made reservations if you have to close your hostel??

This hostel went below my expectations in all ways. Service staff didn't seem experienced in what they were doing, weren't helpful in showing us around the hostel or recommending POIs in Moscow. Facilities were old, pillows were really bad, toilets were cramped. Turns out that the private double room we booked was also booked by multiple groups and we were requested to move to a 10-men bunk instead. Seriously, this hostel can do much better before claiming to be the best in Moscow.