Chillax Hostel Reviews

2-y Kolobovskiy pereulok, 9/2, Moscow, Russia

This hostel met and exceeded all of my expectations, and helped break some Russian stereotypes. Staff is very polite, welcoming, and smiles a lot. They always made sure that I knew where to go and what to see, they helped me with the walking tour, which was great. The atmosphere at the hostel is also very friendly, with a good mix of guests from all over the world.

• 19th Apr 2014

I was very disappointed with the hostel. When we arrived the receptionist rudely met us, gave us a key to a locker already busy and not provided any information or map of tourist spots. The bathrooms are extremely tight, with no privacy and dirty. The rooms were also very dirty and hot, without any ventilation. The hostel is really near the central area of the city and the subway station, single positive point. I do not recommend.

When we arrived at 1am at night, one of the ladies at the front was very rude. We encountered another woman after who was so sweet and helped us a lot. I believe her name was Kate. She took her time to give us directions to everything we needed and maps and even let us print out airplane tickets. She was the best. The hostel itself was okay but the people in the hostel were not usually the kind of people we see in a hostel. They weren´t very friendly.

good and friendly atmosphere at this hostel. i would stay there again if i come back to moscow. they also ordered pizza for everyone because it was their birthday, which was really nice.

• 12th Apr 2014

the staff is really nice and polite!!!

• 11th Apr 2014
  • New Zealand

I met a lot of other travelers here. Very good atmosphere and cozy. I recommend!!!!

• 10th Apr 2014
  • Poland

Love that place! Just the bathrooms are very small, but otherways great place to stay! Recommend it very!

A grand stay at Chillax. I only planned one day stay here, but decided to extend. On my way back from the Transiberian I will also stay here. I thas a very homely feel to it. Lots of other guests who are fun and intersting to talk to. 5 stars!

• 3rd Apr 2014

Having seen the good rating of this Hostel on hostelworld, I can say it was a HUGE disapointment. It is crowded, a LOT of people living there (what I don't like, because they think they own the house, and some were disrespectful to us), not enough toilets, no privacy for showers (the cleaning lady even entered the male bathroom while my boyfriend was showering). Also, there was always dirth dish on the sink and the fridge was disgusting! DO NOT RECOMEND IT.

Thank you for your comment! You are right, we are one of the largest hostels in Moscow, and we do have a very high occupancy rate - which goes to show that many guests choose to stay with us, and enjoy the services that we provide. Also, many different people from around the world allow you to meet and mingle. Perhaps a hostel isn't right for you and you should stay in a hotel with private rooms. Also our toilet to guest ratio is one of the highest in Moscow. Good luck in your travels.

good atmosphere at this hostel

• 2nd Apr 2014
  • Estonia

Good and really friendly staffs and can speak english really well, good lockers, need more toilets because there is only one for everybody to share. Must use stairs, not good for anyone bringing big heavy luggages. location is very good but all streets are in russian writing, easy to get lost on first day. I really love staying there.

If you're ever in Moscow again, please do stay with us - we loved having you here :) Hope to see you soon!!! :-D

clean hostel in a good location. I recommend.

• 22nd Mar 2014

I met a lot of really cool people here. The staff is really nice too. Cheers!

• 20th Mar 2014

We enjoyed having you stay with us! Good luck in your future travels.

very good hostel in the centre of moscow. clean, convenient, and the staff is very helpful. also they give out free maps, which is a plus.

• 19th Mar 2014

Thank you for staying at Chillax Hostels - the best hostel in Moscow! Good luck in your travels, and if you're ever in Moscow, we will love to have you stay with us again.

Nice hostel with a very nice room to watch TV and relax after a tiring day of long walk. The beds are very loose, so be sure to choose the lower bed if possible. It seems there is some people who lives there, what makes the atmosphere not so good, because when travelling we expect to meet only travellers aswell. Met some nice people there though. Staff very helpful.

I spent four nights at Chillax, and I have positive and negative things to share. Cons: The hostel is low-income housing for local Russians. Safe deposit boxes aren't available. Lockers aren't secure. The food left in the fridge and all over the window sill was gross. One receptionist, Katya, was rather cold and a little rude. Pros: The best things about Chillax are the rates, the cleanliness of the bathrooms and of the common room, the computer set-up, and 24-hour reception.

• 5th Mar 2014

Very pleasant and clean

We are really happy you enjoyed your stay, and hope to see you again! :)

I reallllllly enjoyed my stay here. The staff is very polite and welcoming.

• 27th Feb 2014

The hostel is quite unclean and there is no atmosphere in the hostel however it was cheap and in a central location. The majority of staff are very helpful and go out their way to help you. However, on my first day of arrival, I had a very rude staff member who was no help at all....I asked where was good to eat and she directed me to the Subway Sandwich shop.... Also seemed annoyed that I asked for locker and a photocopy of my visa.... overall, cheap and basic.

• 18th Feb 2014
  • Scotland

Dear guest, Thank you for your feedback. The staff member has been reprimanded and we are sorry for what happened. As far as unclean - we have a cleaning lady who cleans on site 3 times a day. Also we hold nightly events at the hostel. Good luck in your future travels.

Not the worlds greatest hostel. The bunk beds are rocky. The bathroom and kitchen (kitchen requires cleaning and some new pots and pan) are very small. Would only recommended this place if staying in Moscow for a few days.

« first « Prev 1 2 3