Chillax Hostel Reviews

2-y Kolobovskiy pereulok, 9/2, Moscow, Russia

the staff is really nice and polite!!!

• 11th Apr 2014
  • New Zealand

Love that place! Just the bathrooms are very small, but otherways great place to stay! Recommend it very!

• 10th Apr 2014
  • Slovenia

A grand stay at Chillax. I only planned one day stay here, but decided to extend. On my way back from the Transiberian I will also stay here. I thas a very homely feel to it. Lots of other guests who are fun and intersting to talk to. 5 stars!

• 3rd Apr 2014

Having seen the good rating of this Hostel on hostelworld, I can say it was a HUGE disapointment. It is crowded, a LOT of people living there (what I don't like, because they think they own the house, and some were disrespectful to us), not enough toilets, no privacy for showers (the cleaning lady even entered the male bathroom while my boyfriend was showering). Also, there was always dirth dish on the sink and the fridge was disgusting! DO NOT RECOMEND IT.

Thank you for your comment! You are right, we are one of the largest hostels in Moscow, and we do have a very high occupancy rate - which goes to show that many guests choose to stay with us, and enjoy the services that we provide. Also, many different people from around the world allow you to meet and mingle. Perhaps a hostel isn't right for you and you should stay in a hotel with private rooms. Also our toilet to guest ratio is one of the highest in Moscow. Good luck in your travels.

good atmosphere at this hostel

• 2nd Apr 2014
  • Estonia

Good and really friendly staffs and can speak english really well, good lockers, need more toilets because there is only one for everybody to share. Must use stairs, not good for anyone bringing big heavy luggages. location is very good but all streets are in russian writing, easy to get lost on first day. I really love staying there.

If you're ever in Moscow again, please do stay with us - we loved having you here :) Hope to see you soon!!! :-D

clean hostel in a good location. I recommend.

• 22nd Mar 2014

I met a lot of really cool people here. The staff is really nice too. Cheers!

• 20th Mar 2014

We enjoyed having you stay with us! Good luck in your future travels.

very good hostel in the centre of moscow. clean, convenient, and the staff is very helpful. also they give out free maps, which is a plus.

• 19th Mar 2014

Thank you for staying at Chillax Hostels - the best hostel in Moscow! Good luck in your travels, and if you're ever in Moscow, we will love to have you stay with us again.

Nice hostel with a very nice room to watch TV and relax after a tiring day of long walk. The beds are very loose, so be sure to choose the lower bed if possible. It seems there is some people who lives there, what makes the atmosphere not so good, because when travelling we expect to meet only travellers aswell. Met some nice people there though. Staff very helpful.

I spent four nights at Chillax, and I have positive and negative things to share. Cons: The hostel is low-income housing for local Russians. Safe deposit boxes aren't available. Lockers aren't secure. The food left in the fridge and all over the window sill was gross. One receptionist, Katya, was rather cold and a little rude. Pros: The best things about Chillax are the rates, the cleanliness of the bathrooms and of the common room, the computer set-up, and 24-hour reception.

• 5th Mar 2014

Very pleasant and clean

We are really happy you enjoyed your stay, and hope to see you again! :)

I reallllllly enjoyed my stay here. The staff is very polite and welcoming.

• 27th Feb 2014

The hostel is quite unclean and there is no atmosphere in the hostel however it was cheap and in a central location. The majority of staff are very helpful and go out their way to help you. However, on my first day of arrival, I had a very rude staff member who was no help at all....I asked where was good to eat and she directed me to the Subway Sandwich shop.... Also seemed annoyed that I asked for locker and a photocopy of my visa.... overall, cheap and basic.

• 18th Feb 2014
  • Scotland

Dear guest, Thank you for your feedback. The staff member has been reprimanded and we are sorry for what happened. As far as unclean - we have a cleaning lady who cleans on site 3 times a day. Also we hold nightly events at the hostel. Good luck in your future travels.

Not the worlds greatest hostel. The bunk beds are rocky. The bathroom and kitchen (kitchen requires cleaning and some new pots and pan) are very small. Would only recommended this place if staying in Moscow for a few days.

The hostel is a great place to meet other travelers around the world. Great spacey common area, fully equipped kitchen, separate bathrooms for boys and girls and spotlessly clean. Its very safe also, with 24h reception, cctv and private locker.Location i perfect, just the step to two big metro stations to bring you anywhere in Moscow. Markets 0-24h,Restaurants,Famos circus,Fast foods,Disco and Caffe is just around the corner.To Red Square you can easy walk in 10min. Hallo to Katjas,Ann and rest

The staff here was very nice. They wanted to talk and were very helpful and spoke great english. There was a common room where people were chatting and you could meet people if you wanted too. The only complaint I had was that there was only one shower. The 2nd shower was broken. There are lockers right in the room and they provide locks. The directions they give to the hostel make it pretty easy to find. I'd stay here again since it's great value for your money and nice staff.

Good: The place was the cheapest in the city. The kitchen was good, but a little dirty. Beds were average Bad: The rooms were cramped. No electricity sockets close to the beds. Only 2 showers and 2 toilets, and one of the showers was broken. The bathroom was really small. Worst: They have a stand in the entrance were people are supposed to leave their shoes. I cannot emphasise enough how bad that smelled, really. It stinked the entire hostel. It was unbearable! Please take that off!

• 23rd Jan 2014
  • Argentina

I who's in this hostel 2 years ago and it who's amazing..I don't know what happens but this time who's very bad..security is very poor..I had stuff stoll from my locker and no one really care ..they just say sorry..the reception girls prefer to sit all day and watch movies and listen loud music in the kitchen and no one keep an eye who's go to the rooms ..I like this hostel..its very comftibul and good location..hope they will fix the other problem

its really great hostel and the best i stay in Moscow . staff is amazing . every thing you need you find from comfortable bed to sleep - to nice common. room to meet best friends from the world- to clean toilets and shower and nice kitchen and washing machine and dryer all this also you may found outside but i think that you can not find nice staff like here with great English speaking and very helpful and also you cant find chillax funny life outside this hostel -experience you should try

Thanks for staying with us, and we hope to see you again very soon! :)