Chillax Hostel Reviews

2-y Kolobovskiy pereulok, 9/2, Moscow, Russia

Great hostel with a great atmosphere in a great location!

• 15th Jun 2014

Best hostel on a best place

Everything was absolutely good, it is totally value for money, there is only small but. There is a tiny bathroom.

Had an absolutely fantastic time during my stay in Russia, mainly due to staying at Chillax. Everyone was immensely friendly, all facilities were great considering the extremely low cost. A total recommend and will deffo use this hostel again when I return to Russia. My only gripe is the directions from the tube station which are given on the website. The location is only about 5 minutes from the tube but it took me 2.5 hours to find!

• 8th Jun 2014

We loved having you at our hostel too :) Thanks for staying with us!

Average hostel in good location. No air conditioner in bedroom. Kitchen and shower are not clean and need a repair.

• 5th Jun 2014
  • Russia

feels like home!

• 5th Jun 2014

It was great for meeting new people, well located near the metro, fairly clean. On the other hand, some of the staff were rude, the owner himself wasn't very friendly, the bathroom is TINY, cramped and HOT. Passive-aggressive signs everywhere. I prolonged my stay here and thought it would be better to pay them directly, however they charged me 150 rubles/night more than what I would have paid through hostelworld. When I noticed this and brought it up, the girl was very rude and unapologetic.

It was my second time at Chillax, I came back because its a good place and its not too expensive. I tried other hostels in Moscow and Chillax is the best one I stayed at.

in the bath rooms there is absolutely no privacy, and there are only 2 toilets for more than 50 people and theres no real separation wall between toilets and showers. the kitchen is so small that only 4 people can sit and eat at the time. but the receptionist that received us in the morning was very nice and let us sleep in the living room after an exhausting train ride until our beds were ready and the hostel is located in a lively neighbourhood close to a metro station.

I was very surprised by the quality of the hostel. We were pleasently met. They gave us locker keys, and showed us the hostel. They told us about the city and gave us local maps. The bathrooms are small, but everything closes, and everything is private, plus the showers are cool. The rooms have AC. The hostel is in the center, and near the metro.

• 26th May 2014

great atmosphere!

• 24th May 2014
  • Estonia

The staff is really polite here and they speak really good English which is really awesome. In some other hostels they don't speak English, which makes it hard to communicate and do anything. I definitely recommend this place to other travelers.

• 22nd May 2014

We stayed at this hostel and it was good and good atmosphere.

• 20th May 2014
  • Japan

great value for the money

• 16th May 2014

It's a good hostel for Moscow. The people at the reception are very helpful and speak well in english. The bathroom situation isn't the best but it's still ok! The location is great! I

Thank you for staying with us! Good luck in your future travels!

we had good stay here. it is enjoy very much!

• 15th May 2014
  • Japan

I stayed at Chillax for 3 nights and it was very pleasant. Lots of backpackers here which leads to very good atmosphere.

• 14th May 2014

We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay at the hostel. We hope to see you again! Safe travels!

We've had some problem with the bed management, one of us came back to the hostel to find someone else booked and sleeping at his bed (first time), and then to find his bed cleaned up (second time), as he was checked out from the hostel. So: two from a four night stay he came back, 6am, tired, to find his stuff by the window (comum area) and had to remake his bed to sleep (second time). On top of that someone took his personnal towel at the second bed change and the staff didn't do anything.

We are sorry you had some trouble with your beds, but you extended your stay after check out - which is why your beds were cleaned. Despite this - you were given new sheets and everything, and the staff made the beds for you :). Good luck in your travels!

Overall a very good experience. Good to know is that the sounds isolation is rather poor, so invest in a good pair of earplugs to make sure that you get a good night sleep since the volume from the other rooms is quite noticeable.

• 6th May 2014
  • Sweden

The staff is very nice and helpfull, thanks a lot to them.

• 3rd May 2014

We enjoyed having you at the hostel! We hope to see you again soon!!! :)