Chillax Hostel Reviews

2-y Kolobovskiy pereulok, 9/2, Moscow, Russia

vry good atmosphere at this hostel. they were also able to suggest some very cool anf fun placess to visit in the evening and night.

• 23rd Apr 2014

Very central location at this hostel. Good facilities. A very positive experience for me.

• 22nd Apr 2014
  • Mexico

met a lot of really cool people here. if you want to meet new people and socialize with them - this is the hostel to stay at.

• 21st Apr 2014
  • New Zealand

This hostel met and exceeded all of my expectations, and helped break some Russian stereotypes. Staff is very polite, welcoming, and smiles a lot. They always made sure that I knew where to go and what to see, they helped me with the walking tour, which was great. The atmosphere at the hostel is also very friendly, with a good mix of guests from all over the world.

• 19th Apr 2014

After arriving in Moscow and finding out that the hostel we booked was permanently closed, we were very lucky to find Chillax. Even though the check in was at 3pm, the staff found us a room and let us in at around 12pm. The bathroom structure was not the best, but the showers were great. Location was also good at a walking distance from the touristic points.

I was very disappointed with the hostel. When we arrived the receptionist rudely met us, gave us a key to a locker already busy and not provided any information or map of tourist spots. The bathrooms are extremely tight, with no privacy and dirty. The rooms were also very dirty and hot, without any ventilation. The hostel is really near the central area of the city and the subway station, single positive point. I do not recommend.

Dear guest! We are very sorry to hear that someone was rude to you at the hostel. That receptionist has been reprimanded. It won't happen again! Our rooms have air conditioning and also you can open the window - so heat and ventilation is never a problem. Also the cleaning lady cleans the hostel thoroughly three times a day. Good luck in your future travels.

When we arrived at 1am at night, one of the ladies at the front was very rude. We encountered another woman after who was so sweet and helped us a lot. I believe her name was Kate. She took her time to give us directions to everything we needed and maps and even let us print out airplane tickets. She was the best. The hostel itself was okay but the people in the hostel were not usually the kind of people we see in a hostel. They weren´t very friendly.

Dear guest! We are sorry to hear that one of the staff members were rude to you - we have reprimanded that staff member, and it won't happen again. But we are happy to hear that our other staff members were welcoming and friendly - that's how we build our hostel - guest is number one, and everyone should be welcoming and helpful. Good luck in your future travels.

good and friendly atmosphere at this hostel. i would stay there again if i come back to moscow. they also ordered pizza for everyone because it was their birthday, which was really nice.

• 12th Apr 2014

the staff is really nice and polite!!!

• 11th Apr 2014
  • New Zealand

I met a lot of other travelers here. Very good atmosphere and cozy. I recommend!!!!

• 10th Apr 2014
  • Poland

Love that place! Just the bathrooms are very small, but otherways great place to stay! Recommend it very!

A grand stay at Chillax. I only planned one day stay here, but decided to extend. On my way back from the Transiberian I will also stay here. I thas a very homely feel to it. Lots of other guests who are fun and intersting to talk to. 5 stars!

• 3rd Apr 2014

Having seen the good rating of this Hostel on hostelworld, I can say it was a HUGE disapointment. It is crowded, a LOT of people living there (what I don't like, because they think they own the house, and some were disrespectful to us), not enough toilets, no privacy for showers (the cleaning lady even entered the male bathroom while my boyfriend was showering). Also, there was always dirth dish on the sink and the fridge was disgusting! DO NOT RECOMEND IT.

Thank you for your comment! You are right, we are one of the largest hostels in Moscow, and we do have a very high occupancy rate - which goes to show that many guests choose to stay with us, and enjoy the services that we provide. Also, many different people from around the world allow you to meet and mingle. Perhaps a hostel isn't right for you and you should stay in a hotel with private rooms. Also our toilet to guest ratio is one of the highest in Moscow. Good luck in your travels.

good atmosphere at this hostel

• 2nd Apr 2014
  • Estonia

Good and really friendly staffs and can speak english really well, good lockers, need more toilets because there is only one for everybody to share. Must use stairs, not good for anyone bringing big heavy luggages. location is very good but all streets are in russian writing, easy to get lost on first day. I really love staying there.

If you're ever in Moscow again, please do stay with us - we loved having you here :) Hope to see you soon!!! :-D

clean hostel in a good location. I recommend.

• 22nd Mar 2014

I met a lot of really cool people here. The staff is really nice too. Cheers!

• 20th Mar 2014

We enjoyed having you stay with us! Good luck in your future travels.

very good hostel in the centre of moscow. clean, convenient, and the staff is very helpful. also they give out free maps, which is a plus.

• 19th Mar 2014

Thank you for staying at Chillax Hostels - the best hostel in Moscow! Good luck in your travels, and if you're ever in Moscow, we will love to have you stay with us again.

Nice hostel with a very nice room to watch TV and relax after a tiring day of long walk. The beds are very loose, so be sure to choose the lower bed if possible. It seems there is some people who lives there, what makes the atmosphere not so good, because when travelling we expect to meet only travellers aswell. Met some nice people there though. Staff very helpful.

I spent four nights at Chillax, and I have positive and negative things to share. Cons: The hostel is low-income housing for local Russians. Safe deposit boxes aren't available. Lockers aren't secure. The food left in the fridge and all over the window sill was gross. One receptionist, Katya, was rather cold and a little rude. Pros: The best things about Chillax are the rates, the cleanliness of the bathrooms and of the common room, the computer set-up, and 24-hour reception.

• 5th Mar 2014