Chilli Hostel Santiago Reviews

Triana 863, Santiago, Chile

Nice hostel with really nice laid back yet professional staff. The breakfast was the worst I've had in South America and I'm no fussy eater, but if you van improve Tue breakfast it would be great! Also the staff member was playing some really loud explicit Eminem at like,8 in the morning, really harsh on the ears first thing! Still, a good hostel.

Very clean, good wifi, breakfast (with fruit!) and dinner included, cheap lunch available at the cafe, nice location 2 min walk from metro, common area with TV, couches, etc., great value for money. On the other hand, quite loud sometimes in the morning and evening, kitchen not very well equipped. I would stay there again.

Really lovely hostel. Nice breakfast with fruit, toast and cereal available. Also dinner! Simple but tasty :) only thing was being pushed out of room at 10.30am everyday for cleaning - but then was nice top have room cleaned and bed made everyday.

• 19th May 2015

I stayed here first 7 years ago when it was more like a guest house with good sized rooms. The hostel has changed and the rooms are a lot smaller and a lot less comfortable. We stayed here twice in two weeks in two different private rooms. The first room was tiny with a little balcony (extremely uncomfortable bed). The safe was broken and unfortunately after our first night we woke up to a terrible smell of blocked drains which was never sorted. The second room was much better but overpriced.

Good hostel. The free dinner was a nice break for this long term traveler who typically always makes my food at the hostel however if youŕe staying long term it gets repetitive and it may not be the stuff you want to eat everyday (I typically avoid pasta and had it 2 of 3 nights here). Unfortunately though I counted maybe 5 different wifi access points only one of worked during my 3 day stay and I had to connect only in the small common area on the second floor landing.

Great hostel, great vibe, really friendly staff

• 11th May 2015

I really liked this hostel mainly because of the cool, young, friendly and helpful staff (ask and they will try to help you). The free dinner is not very special, but works really well for socializing. There's simply a good vibe in this place.

very nice building, good breakfast (fruits, toast, cheese, butter, jam, orange juice) and even free dinner every night! the common room is a bit small and can get cramped. excellent location, right next to the metro stop "salvador"

Nice Hostel in good ocation in Santiago. Free dinner evey night, I enjoyed my stay and would definitely recommend it :)

Excellent staff, location and atmosphere. Free dinner is good way to meet new people! I didnt sleep well there cause it was hot, some mosquitos and the wooden floor makes some noise when people walk! I d recommend if u wanna meet people.

The hostel has some serious issues. Bathrooms made you feel sick they were so unclean. NO PLUGS in any rooms. Free food was good. Got attacked by insects and was told I wasn't allowed a bottom bunk when it was free the nights I was there ...

You pay for what you get. The location is good, close to the station. But I didn't like the room I get, in the last floor, with a tiny window which makes the place really hot in the summer. The shower room is also tiny, if you are a big person you problably wont fit there.

Excellent staff! Good place. Rooms and restroom very simple. Good to save money and meet people. Great breakfast.

• 3rd Mar 2015

Very average hostel. People only stay here for the free spaghetti dinners. The house looks cool but practically it isn't good at all. Noise travels all around this hostel from every level so don't expect to sleep. Staff speak Spanish and Spanish only so don't stay here if you don't know at least a little! Wouldn't recommend staying here though.

I found this hostel cozy enough. The location was pretty convenient, in a safe district and very close to a subway station. Free (included) dinner is offered at night for guests and it's a great opportunity to meet new people. It's not a gourmet, but a nice and tasty meal. Fair enough. Overall, the staff were helpful and friendly. The only thing I didn't like much is that towels were not available in my double en-suite room (which was not cheap). But the rest was good.

The Hostel has character, however, security is poor and there is no real common area, except out the front - at night it's quite loud as a result.Kitchen is ok and location are cool

I really enjoyed staying here. The hostel is clean and there is a nice breakfast and GREAT free dinner! I would say that the only bad thing is the lack of electrical outlets in the rooms, but I definitely recommend staying in Chilli.

To hot in the hostel. Problematic in the summer. Besides that problem was great! Highly recommended

Very clean hostel, comfortable beds, good breakfast, dinners weren't great but can't complain too much when they're free! Never any toilet paper though.

I loved!!!! Such a nice place!!! This hostel made me feel home!!!! I recommend it to everyone!!!!

• 5th Jan 2015