Chilli Hostel Santiago Reviews

Triana 863, Santiago, Chile

very nice building, good breakfast (fruits, toast, cheese, butter, jam, orange juice) and even free dinner every night! the common room is a bit small and can get cramped. excellent location, right next to the metro stop "salvador"

Nice Hostel in good ocation in Santiago. Free dinner evey night, I enjoyed my stay and would definitely recommend it :)

Excellent staff, location and atmosphere. Free dinner is good way to meet new people! I didnt sleep well there cause it was hot, some mosquitos and the wooden floor makes some noise when people walk! I d recommend if u wanna meet people.

The hostel has some serious issues. Bathrooms made you feel sick they were so unclean. NO PLUGS in any rooms. Free food was good. Got attacked by insects and was told I wasn't allowed a bottom bunk when it was free the nights I was there ...

You pay for what you get. The location is good, close to the station. But I didn't like the room I get, in the last floor, with a tiny window which makes the place really hot in the summer. The shower room is also tiny, if you are a big person you problably wont fit there.

Excellent staff! Good place. Rooms and restroom very simple. Good to save money and meet people. Great breakfast.

• 3rd Mar 2015

Very average hostel. People only stay here for the free spaghetti dinners. The house looks cool but practically it isn't good at all. Noise travels all around this hostel from every level so don't expect to sleep. Staff speak Spanish and Spanish only so don't stay here if you don't know at least a little! Wouldn't recommend staying here though.

I found this hostel cozy enough. The location was pretty convenient, in a safe district and very close to a subway station. Free (included) dinner is offered at night for guests and it's a great opportunity to meet new people. It's not a gourmet, but a nice and tasty meal. Fair enough. Overall, the staff were helpful and friendly. The only thing I didn't like much is that towels were not available in my double en-suite room (which was not cheap). But the rest was good.

The Hostel has character, however, security is poor and there is no real common area, except out the front - at night it's quite loud as a result.Kitchen is ok and location are cool

I really enjoyed staying here. The hostel is clean and there is a nice breakfast and GREAT free dinner! I would say that the only bad thing is the lack of electrical outlets in the rooms, but I definitely recommend staying in Chilli.

To hot in the hostel. Problematic in the summer. Besides that problem was great! Highly recommended

Very clean hostel, comfortable beds, good breakfast, dinners weren't great but can't complain too much when they're free! Never any toilet paper though.

I loved!!!! Such a nice place!!! This hostel made me feel home!!!! I recommend it to everyone!!!!

• 5th Jan 2015

Don't waste your time staying here. The staff is not trustworthy and the security is very poor. I rented a private room and had $200 robbed from my locked room by the staff while I was out. Make sure to lock up any valuables and hide them very well. When I was leaving they tried to keep my key deposit claiming they lost it! Providencia is a nice place to stay in Santiago, just not this terrible place. I lived in Santiago for 6 months and this was the only time I was stolen from.

• 1st Jan 2015

Overall experience was fine but some people of the staff were rude and unhelpful. We had a private room with private bathroom, which were ok.

Located in a nice part of town, close to the metro. Rooms are spacious and the ensuites clean. The free breakfast and free dinners (+ occasional pisco sours and wine) are a definite plus and a great way to meet fellow travelers. Wifi works great! Only downside is there are no power outlets in the rooms, just bathrooms within the ensuites. The kitchen although spacious, could use a lot more utensils and kitchen equipment for in hostel cooking. Recommended for the value and overall atmosphere.

Really good hostel, friendly stuff and valuable for your money. A good place to stay in Santiago. Save area!

Great People that work in the hostel!

• 2nd Dec 2014

Really great hostel if your on a budget in Santiago. There is an awesome free breakfast (one of the best that I have ha in South America) and a great free dinner! We were there for a pasta night and I was really impressed by the portions! Great value for your money. My only real complaint is the lack of electrical outlets in the rooms. We also found the staff to be rather uninvolved...the girl who checked us in seemed preoccupied and then we receive wrong direction the next day from the staff...

The staff was very quick to respond - I had to cancel my reservation as my flights were changed, and the staff was very quick to email me back and cancel the reservation for me. This was very much appreciated especially after dealing with other hostels who never respond to emails or calls.