Chilli Hostel Santiago Reviews

Triana 863, Santiago, Chile

Very clean hostel, comfortable beds, good breakfast, dinners weren't great but can't complain too much when they're free! Never any toilet paper though.

I loved!!!! Such a nice place!!! This hostel made me feel home!!!! I recommend it to everyone!!!!

• 5th Jan 2015

Don't waste your time staying here. The staff is not trustworthy and the security is very poor. I rented a private room and had $200 robbed from my locked room by the staff while I was out. Make sure to lock up any valuables and hide them very well. When I was leaving they tried to keep my key deposit claiming they lost it! Providencia is a nice place to stay in Santiago, just not this terrible place. I lived in Santiago for 6 months and this was the only time I was stolen from.

• 1st Jan 2015

Overall experience was fine but some people of the staff were rude and unhelpful. We had a private room with private bathroom, which were ok.

Located in a nice part of town, close to the metro. Rooms are spacious and the ensuites clean. The free breakfast and free dinners (+ occasional pisco sours and wine) are a definite plus and a great way to meet fellow travelers. Wifi works great! Only downside is there are no power outlets in the rooms, just bathrooms within the ensuites. The kitchen although spacious, could use a lot more utensils and kitchen equipment for in hostel cooking. Recommended for the value and overall atmosphere.

Really good hostel, friendly stuff and valuable for your money. A good place to stay in Santiago. Save area!

Great People that work in the hostel!

• 2nd Dec 2014

Really great hostel if your on a budget in Santiago. There is an awesome free breakfast (one of the best that I have ha in South America) and a great free dinner! We were there for a pasta night and I was really impressed by the portions! Great value for your money. My only real complaint is the lack of electrical outlets in the rooms. We also found the staff to be rather uninvolved...the girl who checked us in seemed preoccupied and then we receive wrong direction the next day from the staff...

The staff was very quick to respond - I had to cancel my reservation as my flights were changed, and the staff was very quick to email me back and cancel the reservation for me. This was very much appreciated especially after dealing with other hostels who never respond to emails or calls.

Good location and and fare price. Box in the bathroom is too small.

We felt so lucky to have found this hostel! Its location (extremely close to the metro system) and its general chill atmosphere made it the perfect fit for our short trip to Santiago. The free meals for dinner and a very substantial breakfast made it such a deal and allowed us to splurge a bit on the lunch menus in town.

• 5th Oct 2014

I think that the bathrooms could be a little bit bigger!

• 1st Oct 2014

Great atmosphere, breakfast and dinner provided. Excellent english speaking staff! Everything you'd want in a hostel.

Overall it was a great stay! The location is ideal, especially since it's super close to the metro. Santiago is big, but staying at Chili puts everything within arm's reach. The free dinner, although a little small, is a GREAT way to socialize and bring people together. I have to give them credit for that!!

Great location, met great people and incredible overall for the price! Would definitely recommend it!

Breakfast and dinner included. That's the main reason to stay here. Bfast included fruit! Dinner one night was spaghetti, the next quiche and rice. I heard Wednesday's dinner of pesto pasta and wine was good but I wasn't there for it. Hot shower, warm beds, big locker per bed but nothing fancy. Not great hangout spaces. Good location, walkable to a lot if you don't mind walking, or right by the subway. Not great for meeting people, but that could have been unlucky timing.

Loved the staff at Chilli hostel! All very friendly and helpful. The free dinners were good and it was easy to meet people in the communal dining. I have already recommended this hostel to people I've met along my travels of South America!

The breakfast is great, it is a good start of the day as it includes grains, fruit, milk, coffee and some bread. In comparison, the dinner could do with some improvements to have it include meat and vegetables every day. Despite this, it was still very nice to be able to depend on someone cooking for you and preparing your breakfast. A little note: some form of lock for the dorms would be nice. For example, I could not fit everything in my locker, so my sunglasses got stolen.

• 23rd Aug 2014

Great hostel. Only downside was a 2am check in and staff turned on lights and explained the room when everyone else was sleeping.

Best place ever