Chilli's Backpackers Reviews

69a Mitchell St, Darwin, Australia

Whole place smells, staff was unhelpful and wouldn't check us in even though we specifically told them we were going to be late, had to wait 45 minutes outside at 2am until after constant pestering the people would let us in. Room was disgusting, I really didn't understand why this hostel had such good ratings. The YHA is a much better option for your money. I really wouldn't stay here, there are better options!

I don't feel comfortable when the staff force me to give my credid card number. Once I have pay the night plus a fee of 20 dollars per person and our passports. Also, my room was a mess and unclea. And whatever you want, you have to pay for (a rent at least)

Staff was helpful, but not overly friendly. Location was very good, room rates were competative, facilities were clean, but wifi was not cheap.

Really nice place to stay, great atmosphere. Love the airy kitchen/common area - lots of space too. Friendly staff. No free wifi.

Extremely disorganised and understaffed. Everywhere dirty, dirtiest hostel I've stayed in. The shower broke off while my boyfriend was using it. The hostel seems to be used mainly by long term guests, this means there isn't much atmosphere and all parking spots are taken (don't book this for the free parking like we did, you won't get it)! Kitchen is pretty poor, the fridge is rammed full (because of all the long term guests I imagine) and you have to borrow all pots, pans etc from reception.

• 9th Jul 2015

Clean, well priced, friendly and convenient. Nothing spectacular but definitely got the job done. Only two qualms. The shower heads didnt stay up, which sounds like a minor issue but it was pretty annoying. And being close to the party scene and the 5am dump truck made it very noisy.

Overall a great hostel! Great location, nice staff, great roommates & homey atmosphere. Plus the pools were very nice to have on a hot day. However, the cleanliness was lacking. Bathroom was frequently out of toilet paper or other necessities for days on end & the kitchen was always dirty.

• 1st Jul 2015