Chillout Cengo Reviews

Hüseyinağa Mah. Atıf Yılmaz cad., Halas sok. No:3 Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey

Disappointed staying here, I guess you get what you pay for. Negative: very dusty & dirty, even found a toe nail clipping next to my bed! Dorm room had no fan or A/C, was really warm at night with lots people in one room. only one shower working on the floor we were on, which kept flooding the bathroom floor. Positive: Great location. Close to bars/clubs; shopping & attractions near Taksim. Easy to meet other travellers with lots of communal areas. Kitchen provided. Better places to stay.

Like the whole city this place has a truly unique soul. I would give the location 200% as it is not the best in Istanbul but the world in general. Atmosphere and staff can't be more welcoming. I really felt at home and it is something that I miss now every time I stay at some average hostel. Plus one thing to note is that Emre and Vuk are the most valuable assets to this establishment!

Cool atmosphere and super nice people at the reception. I would just advise to clean the showers better. It is not the closest hostel to the main attractions (those are located in Sultanahmet) but it is well connected (although you have to consider some time to arrive to the center). Even though it is not located right in the center, the area is nice, with lots of stores and people around at all times. Therefore, you feel you are in a safe area.

The atmosphere and the location are excellent, is a very centric place and good if you want to visit by walk. There is always (ALWAYS) people around in the hostel and in the streets around... that's great, but not the best if you just want a place to rest. There is a very big room for improvement in what regards cleanliness and they were not clear in the fact that the room we booked for 8 persons cannot be closed because it was a corridor to the "gym" (or something like this). Anyway good place!

• 14th Aug 2015
  • Portugal

Love this place. I'll be back :)

• 9th Aug 2015
  • Bulgaria

The hostel looks very old and dirty. The radiator is connected with tyraps to the wall in the bathroom, no ventilator for the heat, everyone could walk in or out the hostel without the staff noticing it, very loud andnoisy surroundings, but...you are in the middle of all the happenings!

Great location staff was very friendly place was clean internet access very good

Wouldn't recommend this hostel especially to solo travellers. I felt really uncomfortable here and unwelcomed especially when I checked in. I wasn't given any help about the city at all. It's cheap and has a really good location but I didn't enjoy my experience here and it was unbearably hot in the rooms

A little bit difficult to find, in the beginning because of no major signs. But the hostel really do have a chill out atmosphere, which is really cool! To be honest I think that a maximum of 2-3 days there, would be the best, not longer. But if someone asked me for a hostel in Istanbul, I would tell them Cengo!

No air conditioning, no curtains for the rooms, too noisy to get to sleep, 3 bathrooms for too many people, common rooms are small, worst hostel ive stayed at

I guess it's the best hostel I've ever stayed with. :) Amazing atmosphere and people, and the location could not be better. Guys, why do you complain about cleanliness? This is a hostel, not a 5* spa hotel. It's clean enough.

• 26th Jul 2015

The hostel is in the part of the city where there is always a lot a people, even until late evening. So it's a nice place if you want to go out, but not that much if you want to be in calm. Well located to visit the city (with the metro and tram near the place).

I love Chillout Cengo hostel! Where to begin, the staff are the absolute best, friendly and helpful is a huge understatement. The hostel is just off Istiklal Cardessi in Taksim, which is the centre of transport, shopping and nightlfe, as well as fantastic food, some of the more affordable beers and great live music (the staff will tell you where). This hostel is really about the atmosphere, there are always new people with interesting stories, making music or cooking communal meals.

Nice place very close to taksim within a cozy neighbourhood. Nice free turkish tea and cool staff. Did stay for five nights;-)

Good location. Room was not clean and bathroom was difficult to use- shower is directly over the toilet so everything gets wet when you shower.

Full of stink bodies

Stayed in a private so can't comment on dorms.. No air con, no fan, broken curtain. 'Ensuite' is a foul smelling bathroom with shower over toilet (although great shower pressure and hot water). Bed is comfortable though. Hostel staff are Turkish men who appear to rather be doing other things. Poor quality of service. In a great location in Beyoglu however be prepared for noisy nights as is close to the streets. Would not stay again.

I loved this hostel. The staff and other guests were warm and welcoming, and the facilities more than acceptable. The location was fantastic of course. My only complaint was the fact that I did not have access to a locker because my room didn't have enough of them. But otherwise wonderful, a With wonderful people. Stay here!

WIFI worked only 50% of the time, and some of the bathrooms were dirty. (one had a garbage bin leaking a puddle onto the tiles.) But that said, it's cheap and well-located, and none of the issues were deal-breakers, so i would still recommend it.

Dirty, loud, smelly, and hot. I would not reccomend.

« first « Prev 1 2 3