Chillout Cengo Reviews

Hüseyinağa Mah. Atıf Yılmaz cad., Halas sok. No:3 Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey

Thanks for a nice stay!!

Recommended

This place literally is AMAZING! Perfect location very close from taksim square, airport suttle etc. but Moreover the staffs here are super friendly and helpful about everything. I had the most amazing days here that I couldn't leave!! I feel so blessed that I could meet all of those awesome people in cengo, I strongly recommend this hostel especially to backpackers. You can have wodnerful time here with loads of beautiful people. Thank you Cengo!!! I will miss all of you a lot x

Really a fantastic atmosphere, great location, great price, friendly and helpful staff, and really comfortable beds! Highly recommend.

I had a great time at this hostel. I actually love smaller accommodation because you always get the chance to mingle with other travellers. Honestly all the staff here were amazing. such a great vibe. one night a group of people got out the trumpet and guitar and had a jam session. great location, wifi very good. great showers. Kitchen was fine. i didn't want to leave .

the staff was absolutely friendly and the atmosphere there was really great. i enjoyed it very much.

• 29th Apr 2015

What a special hostel! The staff are the best, so friendly and helpful, and it definitely feels like a home. There is lots to do, guitars, chalk, etc and the location is perfect, walking distance to the historical part, but still with a vibe right on the doorstep. Definitely one of the best hostels I have stayed in!

Party hostel, but not too loud. Location is handy, cheap food and interesting shops nearby. Wifi, lockers, kitchen, the works. Dormitory was comfortable and spacious. The staff went to great lengths to be helpful, thanks!

This was my second stay at Chillout Cengo. We staid with my girlfriend 5 days in a private double room. Breakfast, lunch or dinner with a bunch of peoples from all over the world! Chatting and laughing, for our trips, countries, hometowns, politics, food, drinks, movies, books, exchange "words" from our languages. Emre (Trabzon), Juan (Portugal), Shelby and Kevin (USA), Jared (Australia, Bastian and Julie (France), Barkin and his girlfriend (Istanbul), Alex (Ireland), Mustafa (Iraq). Great time

What you can expect: the friendliest and most accommodating staff, lots of couches and places to relax and chillout (hence the name), a great communal kitchen (when we stayed, all sorts of people were cooking for everyone - not just themselves - there's a huge atmosphere of sharing)... a common room with a small smoking balcony that turns into party central most nights where you can get to know people from all over the world. Special thanks to Emre for his friendship and awesomeness. Recommended

Had an excellent stay at cengo! The people are friendly and knowledgeable and its a cool space to hang out in. Great location and a great hostel!

The atmosphere & location are unbeatable!!

Disappointing as this was rated so highly, which is why we booked it. But it comes down to the old 'you get what you pay for'. The location was the only good thing about the place in the end. Otherwise Its just about a free for all access across the rooms and the lockers are a very basic lock- would be be easy to pick. Limited power sources available in the rooms. The hallways stunk (from the toilets) and were not very clean. Although some staff were friendly they were unhelpful and hangover.

Nice place, nice people, nice price

Very chilled. Central of Taksim. It's cheaper to book it on hostelworld than walk-in.

not recommendable for females travelling alone

• 19th Feb 2015

So far the best hostel I've ever stayed (I have stayed in many hostels in Turkey having visited the country twice). The staff are so awesome and friendly. The atmosphere in the hostel is so great with so many travellers from all over the world. I originally booked for 3 nights but ended up staying for 2 weeks. I just love this place. It's close to everywhere. I had a perfect and relaxing stay and don't have anything to complain. Will definitely go back next time I visit Istanbul again.

Üniversite yıllarımdan beri İstanbulda kaldığım nadide mekan. Atmosferine hep bayılmışımdır. Tavsiye ederim ;)

• 3rd Feb 2015
  • Turkey

Great from start to finish. Perfect location with a chilled out and friendly vibe back at the hostel when you need it. Would reccommend for travellers wanting a peaceful, affordable place to stay with great access to the giant that encompasses istanbul. Enjoy your stay here! ;)

• 21st Jan 2015
  • Wales

This is not a hostel, this is home. Staff made me feel like part of the family. Great kitchen to cook and share. Free filtered water. And great location, it is in the heart od istanbul. I love you Cengo.

• 12th Jan 2015