Chillout Hostel Cafe Reviews

Balyoz Sok. No:3 Istiklal Cad., Asmalimescid Mah., Balyoz Sok. No:3 Istiklal Cad., Asmalimescid Mah., Istanbul, Turkey

Chill out hostel is definitely right next to Taksim. The whole street where it's located is super alive once it's past 11PM. You can diffidently find the best roof party within 50 steps. The stuffs were nice and helpful. They let me pay on the day I would check out since I only had dollars with me when I arrived. If you are going not in a hot weather, do stay there for few nights enjoying Istanbul because there is no AC lah :) But normally, Istanbul is not that hot at night haha!

The place is located perfectly, rooms are clean and the staff is an amazingly interesting bunch of helpful people.

• 24th Sep 2015

The best in town

Location is really good. It's like on the street. Atmosphere was really cool! I've made a lot of friends. Chill cafe and good music.

Mosquitoes beated me more than 20 times this night.

• 12th Jul 2015

Good spot if you want to be near the party area. Also when you leave for a walk is always downhill (very important) and then you can go back with tram or metro. Facilities are bad but acceptable and sincere efforts have been made to make them pleasant. Certainly good value for money. It was ok for my first weekend in Istanbul but I would try to find something better next time. Also a building next door is currently being renovated and you might have to wake up with a lot of hammering going on.

• 29th May 2015
  • Greece

Chillout is the best hostel that I've stayed at in Istanbul, due both to the laid back staff and the atmosphere of friendly conversation that pervades the common area. Too many hostels have swanky dorms or fancy kitchens but have a tense atmosphere where no one talks to each other. The location just north of Tunel is great, there's a small prep kitchen, the wifi works pretty good, they do laundry at any hour of the day, the bathrooms and rooms are always clean, and there's no curfew.

Perfect location, I recommend it for it. Easy to reach every places in Istanbul and public transports

When you're traveling you should understand it's not about staying in fancy places where you get a piece of chocolate on your pillow or new sleepers by your new bed. Traveling is about people and Chillout's team is definitely the best bunch. Always down for a chat or longer conversation, very helpful with directions or recommendations what to visit/where to eat. Super kind and friendly. And the location is in the very center. I basically walked everywhere but maybe I'm weird :)

• 15th Apr 2015