Chillout Hostel Cafe Reviews

Balyoz Sok. No:3 Istiklal Cad., Asmalimescid Mah., Balyoz Sok. No:3 Istiklal Cad., Asmalimescid Mah., Istanbul, Turkey

cool funky hostel. staff were super friendly and helpful. one thing i really didn't like though was the lack of bathrooms. Three toilets and three showers for the hostel! also guys kept smoking in the bathrooms and hallways. But apart from that it was very cool and we enjoyed our time there.

Breakfast was amaaaaaaaaazing! Definitely get it!

Good atmosphere, great staff (very helpful too) and location.

The hostel is very well located, just some meters from Istiklal Caddesi, with a good staff and pure hostel atmosphere! The room was ok but it would be better with a net for mosquitoes on the windows!

Great atmosphere in the lounge and awesome breakfast 👌

Great location, really friendly staff. My only complain about the place is the noise. It's almost impossible to sleep while people screaming, partying etc all night long on the street.

Everything about this place was awesome but don't take the mosquito warnings lightly! My back is still itchy!

We were lucky enough to get the room on the 6th floor, with no door.. No air con... And only a spiral staircase. But I guess you get what you pay for, location was really good and the staff are also good, but being a non smoker, made my stay not the greatest, always smoke drifting in the common area, and there were ash trays in our room.

The hostel is located on a perfect spot for young people, right in the middle of the going out area and just next to the Istaklal. The staff is really friendly as well, and there's a nice atmosphere. A few things could be better: at night it's really hot, there's no fan or air-conditioning. During our stay there were a lot of mosquitoes would be nice if they place a something in the windows to stop them from coming in. Over all, it is a very nice place. Good value for money!

• 18th Jul 2014

Really nice place, lives up to it's name. Staff were really friendly, helpful about places to try out in the area. The cafe is a cool place to hang out- good music, good food. Met some sound people from all over the world. Would definitely stay there again. One suggestion would be to take insect repellent! Mosquito's got into the room. Overall, really chilled.

• 17th Jul 2014

Not what I was expecting based on reviews. Cool common area, but facilities in the dorm were sub par: few outlets, no wifi outside of lobby, only one light working, rickety bunk beds and jammed lockers. If you book the 6 dorm and are on the 6th floor be prepared to hike, which is fine, but be careful on the top set of stairs 2 people fell! Staff was friendly and nice, but mainly kept to themselves and atmosphere was quiet but it was a Tuesday. Great location but don't expect too much.

I liked the atmosphere on the main common area of the hostel. Staff were very helpful when we needed something.

• 5th Jul 2014
  • Spain

Really good location, anyone who wants to be in the hub of it all this is a perfect spot. Free tea and coffee, wifi is good plus staff are really helpful. Everyone we met there was really relaxed and overall had good vibe. Only thing which is slightly annoying was that if you aren't on the first floor you have to treck up lots of stairs which is a little hard with suitcases. However we liked it so much that we're going back for a few nights!

• 17th Jun 2014

Staff were great in reccomending a local haman which was the highlight of our trip.

• 1st Jun 2014

Excellent staff!

• 16th May 2014

Chillout is located right off of Istiklal street; and excellent location with vibrant nightlife and tons of people. The staff is super friendly, always willing to help and give you tips. It's easy to make friends at this place. Everybody pretty much hangs out downstairs at night and it's easy to strike a conversation and make new friends over beer(s)/tea. I had a great time and made a lot of new friends. Thanks to Pelin and others for all the tips and making my stay hassle-free. -Tarun

• 26th Apr 2014

My room on the 6th floor was right next to the bathroom, I could hear it being used all through the night. Also the pillow and mattress did not smell very nice. It is priced so reasonably, is so central and such a nice atmosphere in communal areas, it feels picky to complain, but consider earplugs and a sleeping bag!

• 17th Apr 2014

I regret that I didn't stay a few days more. In 2-3 days you can visit main places in the city, but next 2-3 days/evenings should be spend in Chillout Hostel. G-R-E-A-T People, great stuff, open-minded atmosphere and this great feeling that you are with the right people in the very right place at the very right time. I am thinking about coming back to Istanbul maily to stay a bit longer in the Hostel :)

• 16th Apr 2014
  • Poland

The chilling room is ok but nothing was going on for the 3 days I was there. Pretty boring. And my dorm was on the 6th floors which was quite a hike. Internet was only working downstairs. Despite that, free coffee and tea if available. Free computer to use. I've seen better tho.

Wonderful weekend stay, with charming staff and great guests...

• 28th Mar 2014