8.8
Fabulous 1,694 Total Reviews
8.8
Fabulous 1,694 Total Reviews
Chillout Hostel Zagreb Located at Tomiceva 5A, , Zagreb.
Croatia
Zagreb Zagreb 10000 Tomiceva 5A
88% 1694
45.8137631 15.9728658
    Rooms available

• Croatia, Female, 31-40
6th Dec 2016

I stayed in that hostel before, and it's really a nice one with helpful staff, in town centre. However, last time I booked and then after 20 minutes because of personal reason need to cancel and they charge me as I stayed a night there which I don't consider nice. It can really happen that immediately after booking something change and you are not able to stay there so it would be all right that the deposit stays but not to charge for the bed. This I didn't like, because I think it's not nice.

20th Nov 2016

Ya not a bad place considering it's off season. Still easy to meet people, staff was extremely helpful and was there whenever you needed them. Really easy to get to from the train station and airport. I must admit after almost 10 months of travelling and bouncing from hostel to hostel I got the best sleep of my life the first night I was there.

Dear Jennifer, thank you for taking a few moments to leave such a nice review. It makes us proud to hear that the overall impression was great, and especially all of the staff are glad to hear that you find them extremely helpful. Sleep quality is one of the most important things to us, so we are extremely happy that you also had a good night sleep at Chillout. Have a beautiful day!

18th Nov 2016

Great hostel. Helpful staff. Good facilities. Great location. Fun environment.

Dear Kyle, thank you for leaving us such a lovely review! It makes us proud to hear that the overall impression was great. Improving our hostel and making it a better place for all of our guests is something we are always driven by. That's why every review matters and it's always nice to see that hard work pays off :) Have a great day!

• BronjaStar
  • Slovenia, Mixed Group, 25-30
18th Nov 2016

I was very pleased with almost everything in the hostel - atmosphere, staff, great drinks at the bar, elevator, the cool little notes of wisdom in the jar... I only really don't like the beds for one person, since they have a high frame around the matress and therefore it feels like sleeping in the box. I couldn't really strech my arms and I didn't feel comfortable. I was also missing some shelves and hooks in the showers or maybe a stool, where I could put my clothes and hygenic products.

Dear Eva, thank you for your review. It makes us proud to hear that the overall impression was great and also we want to thank you for the remarks since improving our hostel and making it a better place for all of our guests is something we are always driven by. That is why all the reviews, ratings and comments you guys leave are very important to us. Have a wonderful day!

13th Nov 2016

Great hostel in the city center!

Dear Aldo, thank you for taking your time and leaving such a nice review. Good to hear that the benefit of a good location, close to all the major sights you were interested in, is a big plus. We wish you all the best and enjoy the rest of your day!

• England, Female, 18-24
12th Nov 2016

Location is superb as it's down the road from the main square. Lockers are huge which is good! The staff were really friendly and helpful. Good bar and kitchen space! Showers were spacious and warm and the hostel provided towels. Facilities were cleaned regularly- only downside were that the toilets were tiny and didn't smell great. I also found it quite difficult to meet people here, perhaps due to lack of tourists during low season.

Dear Fahiza, thank you for your review. It is really good to see that you've recognized all the hard work and effort we've put into the hostel. Improving our hostel and making it a better place for all of our guests is something we are always driven by. That is why all the reviews, ratings and comments you guys leave are very important to us. Have a great day!

31st Oct 2016
6.3

A+ staff,comfortable beds. However, showers were less than ideal. There was mold on the ceiling (red shower floor3), mold growing on the grout, no shelves, etc. Also, the entire hostel smells like cigarette smoke. The rooms were fine, but the rest of the hostel was permeated with the scent of nicotine, which sucked. Stairwell lacks lights. Got a free room upgrade for my original booking, but not when I extended my stay by 1 night. It was... odd. Ongoing construction was not a hindrance.

Dear Young Woo Yoon, Thank you for your review. We are really happy that you were satisfied with our staff members and the comfort of our bed, as the sleep quality of our guests is one of our top priorities. However we are really sorry for the bad experience you had with the shower room. We are well aware of the condition some of them are in and that is one of the reasons we are doing reconstruction of the entire hostel floor by floor. Also as we do have a smoking area in the part of the bar, we understand that some guest mind the smoke, so we will put in some more fans in the ceiling in the smoking area. As for the extension of your stay, there was obviously some kind of a technical error in our system. Your opinion really matters to us, so we would like to invite you to join us again after the reconstruction, as we are sure you will have a great time this time around. Have a beautiful day!

19th Oct 2016

Amazing stay. Extremely helpful staff. The best one can get for this price.

Dear Varun, thank you for your review. All of our staff members are happy to hear that you consider them so nice. We will keep up the good work and try to be even better hosts! Hope your travels will lead you back to Zagreb at some time :).

18th Oct 2016

Everything about this place rocked! Located right near tram stops and the city center, it was staffed like excellent people with good advice and frankly an amazing attitude that is not always found everywhere. Our dorm was comfortable and everything was clean. I woild stay here over an airbnb or hotel anyday!

Dear Scott, thank you for your review. It makes us proud to hear that the overall impression was great. Improving our hostel and making it a better place for all of our guests is something we are always driven by. That is why all the reviews, ratings and comments you guys leave are very important to us. Have a great day!

15th Oct 2016

A larger hostel which may but some people off as I find it makes it harder to meet people as a solo traveller but can't fault the facilities, staff or location.

Dear Chris, thank you for your positive review. Sorry to hear your didn't get the chance to socialize much with the fellow travelers. Hope you will join us again, as we will have organized movie, karaoke, games night etc. Also we would suggest joining the pub crawl, which is really good to meet people as a solo traveler. Greeting from Zagreb!