Chillout Hostel Zagreb Reviews

Tomiceva 5A, Zagreb, Croatia

Nice hostel in good location. Air conditioning was in the room but didn't work.

This place is ok, but not fantastic. Cramped rooms and the most awkward beds ever as well but good enough for a night as the location is great.

The woman who greeted me was very helpful and welcoming, and even though I was in a 6 bed dorm, the beds were designed in a way that was very private, which I liked. My only complaint was that the room got a bit warm at night, and it was a bit loud outside to open the window.

Every person in room should get their own keycard. Also, it would be nice to put some shelves or something in the room (for example, if you are charging your phone or just need to put you glasses somewhere when you go to sleep. A small shelf near each bed would be great.

"Chillout" Hostel is a misnomer: the 8-bed dorm is the most cramped dorm room ever, making it very uncomfortable to do anything that involved getting out of bed. What passes for a common area is a large dining area on the ground floor, but you may not be able to really relax there: on two different occasions my friends and I were asked to move to accomodate dinner guests. Furthermore, this hostel seems to serve as a budget hotel for groups of loud, inconsiderate people who shriek into the night.

Hi, thank you for your review and constructive criticism. All of our dorms have big lockers where guests can leave their bags so the room is more spacious. We are aware that the common area is sometimes to small.In a few days we will be opening a brand new 100m2 restaurant right next door. This way we will have the lounge area always open for guests to relax and guest who would like to eat can do so in an new and open space. Hope to see you again and you can enjoy the time a bit more.

It was a pleasant experience, though finding the hostel by driving was challenging. Nevertheless, it was situated in a fantastic location and it exceeded expectations! Really value for money :)

Great hostel in all aspects: clean, very central, helpful staff, comfortable. Only suggestion would be to have better shower doors as someone was able to open mine despite it being bolted! Same sex shower/sink rooms, personally I'd prefer it to be split but wasn't a big problem. Plitvice Lake trip is a must-do, the tour guide was awesome!

Easy ten minute walk from the train station. One of my favourite hostels, staff was the best and there's always a party going on in the bar downstairs!

Really loved the hostel, the best location, it was easy to get everywhere, great atmosphere and the staff was nice.

great hostel overall with good atmosphere and good security. bathrooms are clean and well-maintained. staff were very helpful and friendly and helped me plan out the rest my Croatia travels. the only thing was the wifi didn't work well on the 4th floor even after i asked the staff to reset things. otherwise, quite good.

Overall had a good stay! Very big, clean.. The common room was buzzing at night so it was very easy to meet people and because it is on the bottom floor you also have a quiet room to go to if you need to sleep. Only complaint was the shower would sometimes just stop and then start up again. I would advise against the plitvice tour- you still have to pay for an entrance ticket to the park because it's NOT included, and our "guide" was unprofessional. Book it on your own if possible.

I didn't spend much time here but I didn't exactly want to stay longer. Just go to Split.

Solid hostel, no complaints.

Place was clean and decent, but I was "upgraded" to a 4 bed from a 6 bed place, and that unfortunately put me by myself in a 4 bed room, where I felt isolated for a couple days. Not sure if it was the season, but the bar area and Zagreb in general was dead. Probably my least favorite hostel and city during my trip in europe. Again, clean, and quite, but I was looking for loud and crazy.

I liked staying in Chillout it's a nice hostel with everything you need. Normally they have a food service where you can buy dinner for 5 euro's but when I was there they were busy with moving things so there was only a limited number of dinners. They have a bar but at the bar everyone was doing things on their own when I came there so I didn't bother on sitting there but I guess it will be a lot better when you go in high season there.

No oven for guests which was sad as we bought a raw chicken to roast, they then told us that we couldn't use it as it was the chefs

Thank you for your stay. Sorry about the owen. Unfortunately for security reasons we couldn't incorporate an owen in our guest kitchen. We couldn't let you use the owen in our restaurant kitchen since by law nobody besides the staff is allowed to enter that kitchen. We apologize for the inconvenience and we hope to see you again in the future. Best regards, Martina

Everything was nice and modern. About a 15 minute walk from the train station. The only downside is I could hear the noise from the bar on the first floor pretty clearly while I was trying to sleep. Would definitely recommend it to anyone staying in Zagreb!

Average hostel. Maybe the rooms are quite small but enough. Probably the best thing is the bar, and the atmosphere there. And the worst the showers, we have to wait for a while to have a shower The location is very good, for tourism and nightlife.

Nice hostel with a bar and everything. Location is excellent! It's clean and the staff is helpful :) The computers are a bit slow, but still good enough for a quick google :D

We stayed for a few nights in a private room, which was clean when we arrived but was not cleaned during our stay there. Since we had the room for 4 days, it got a little dirty and full of trash by the end of it. It could have been nice to have it tidied up a bit.

« first « Prev 1 2 3