Chillout Lya Hostel Bar Reviews

Toprak Lule sokak No:1, Beyoglu Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey

Sheets were smelly, as if they have not been changed since last guest. Towels were dirty so I did not use them. Overall the room was not as clean. Somebody killed a bug on the ceiling with a shoe and nobody bothered to clean this or the stain of the shoe. Wifi was a joke, so slow that most of the time it would disconnect me. On the bright side, it was not noisy as I expected by reading other reviews. 89% rating? Definitely not my experience.

We'd definitely stay again.

• 28th Sep 2014

This hostel is perfect if you really dislike interacting with other people. The staff isn't particularly friendly, and at least during my stay there wasn't much of a social scene within the establishment, like other hostels have. There's no air-conditioning (but there are fans) so be warned if you're staying during the summer.

The staff was very friendly and helpful when we needed anything. They had a nice kitchen where you can cook, a bar downstairs and served a great breakfast. We stayed two nights in a private room with a hot shower. There was also a computer if you needed internet. Our only complaint was the noise from the club at night but we got used to it the second night.

Very friendly Staff! The hostel is placed in the middle of colourful Nightlife, for good sleep i recommend Earplugs. Big tasty breakfast, Cay whenever you want, chillout lounge.. Only bad thing: the bedclothes smelled really bad, not washed or whatever. everything else was fine.

• 21st May 2014