Chinatown Travelers Home Reviews

31 Grange Avenue, Toronto, Canada

They left me out in the street by an hour at 7am at 8 am there's a bell and a telephone outside and they answer afther many times insisting and said that i have to back afther 10 becose they been sleeping. it's the worts place to stay. I didn't back.

• 19th Oct 2014
  • Mexico

Dirty small room with no window.

This place is extremely over priced for what it offers. The single rooms are extremely small (about 8ft X 8ft), and the kitchen facilities are NIL! The refrigerator froze all my food, and there are NO utensils or anything to cook food… apparently a lot of the people who stay there tend to steal the utensils so the owner no longer provides it for people who are actually there to use it as a guesthouse/hostel. Rooms in the basement are really cold, and the internet is terrible down there.

• 5th Sep 2014

They moved us to another building in a strange street which was not in the contract. The original one was full.

• 23rd Aug 2014

service wasn't friendly, quality of the hostel was poor and you couldn't use your shoes in the building

It's the dirtiest hostel I have ever been to. I had a single room. The room was not cleaned. Old food was inside when I arrived, everywhere hairs and the shower... Uff! Also they have rooms without windows downstairs. Please don't go there.

• 3rd Aug 2014

My friend and I booked this place several days in advanced and when we arrived at 10pm we had no room for us, no compensation, no nothing. We dont recommand this place at all.

• 27th Jun 2014

Really nice hostel: super clean, well located, helpful staff... everything super cool! We had one bad experience: the Niagara falls tour. It took us to places completely completely pointless -wine tasting, a fake souvenir town, etc -we took almost 5hours to reach the falls and once we were there we only had 1.5h to have a look, run from place to place to do the different activities offered -boat trip, walk behind the falls- and go back to the bus. A whole day for just 1,5h at the falls.

• 26th Jun 2014
  • Spain

The washrooms were dirty.

• 25th May 2014

Kitchen had a thick layer of grease on everything. Tried to give us a lower quality room than we booked (twice). Made us wait extra because the room we booked wasn't ready but didn't even bother to clean the bathroom. Why book a private bathroom if it's going to be filthy anyway? We still had to pay for two beds even though it was one double bed but they couldn't be bothered to give a room key to the secod person. Mould in fridge. Smelled strongly of moth balls.