Chinese Box Courtyard Hostel Reviews

NO.52 Xi Si Bei 2 Tiao Hutong, Xicheng District, Beijing, China

Really pleased with our stay in Chinese Box. The staff was amazing and incredibly helpful with all our requests. Excellent atmosphere in the stylish common area. Definitely recommended!

Hostel was filled with great staff and very accommodating. A little bit of a walk from the station, but not too hard to find. Nice mix of privacy and open spaces to meet others. Do the Great Wall tour because it was amazing!! Would totally stay here again in the future.

lovely and very helpful staff, good location and value for money

• 22nd Dec 2015
  • Poland

An amazing hostel! The staff were really friendly and helpful. The atmosphere and the interior decorations were lovely! But the only downside, is that it is a slight walk from the main street to the hostel. It can be a little unnerving at night when there is not anyone else in the small street and everywhere is dark. But otherwise, an amazing experience!

Loved this hostel! Great facilities and great people - Olivia is an absolute sweetheart and so helpful! Great activities to help you meet others staying at the hostel. Highly recommend!

I was very please with my stay. While the location is a little bit far from the city, it is close to the subway. My biggest gripe about the location is the walk down the alley. Coming in at night made the walk there a bit nerve-wracking. Once there though, the staff was amazing. Joy was so fantastic! She was always helpful and cheery. I didn't see Olivia as much, but she was very nice as well. The rooms were clean, and the atmosphere was very fun and felt very safe. I would recommend it!

• 1st Dec 2015

I really liked it here. The staff were friendly and very helpful especially with onward travel. The place was very clean and the beds particularly comfy. Showers were a good size with a place to hang your stuff and not let it get wet. Decent sized towel too, always a good thing. This is arranged in a traditional courtyard setting so the showers and loos are in different buildings, all close by though. I was there during the snow and the staff made extra efforts to see we were all warm.

Great hostel! I stayed here twice over 10 days, at the beginning and the end of the trip, and after the first time I was looking forward to coming back! Everything is super clean, the rooms (I stayed at a 6 ppl room) are pretty spacious, and the common space is comfortable and inviting. Really nice and helpful staff, ok wifi. Very close to the Metro and in a nice area, not far from Houhai and a lot of Hutongs. I will definitely stay here again next time I'm in Beijing!

Staff friendly and helpful. The whole place was exceptionally clean and bright. Good location. Would stay here again.

• 31st Oct 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Very nice place, great staff, great location, cool atmosphere. Enjoyable and sociable place to stay for international tourists, especially English speaking. Recommended, and great value for money!

We spent a lovely time in this hostel. We really do recommend it. Many surprising service level and cleanliness. Friendly service at any time. Perfect location in a narrow and quite alley nearby subway station deserving all major heritage places. Comfortable room and nice / friendly / open travelers. We spent a real nice time there, we already did recommend it to our friends. We wish the service may remain the same. Good luck to Chinese Box Staff !

• 29th Oct 2015

Great communication from hostel staff prior to arrival with detailed instructions on how to find it. Good location in quiet Hutong alley, but near subway and walking distance to Forbidden Palace. Clean room, comfy bed and great shower. Local restaurants nearby. Tour to Jinshanling Great Wall arranged by Hostel - a definite must-do!

• 26th Oct 2015

他们叫我些都是5分,不要有个恐怖的姑娘跟我说她就杀掉我!I love this place! The staff are fantastic. The courtyard is quiet and beautiful. The location is great, between two MRT stations. Showers and bathrooms are spotless. Shampoo, soap and towels are provided.

Can't complain about this place, good location down a hutong, near the Forbidden City, short metro ride to Beijing South for the G trains. Only stayed a night at the start and end of my trip as I've been in Beijing many times before. Quiet the second time, but first time had a nice atmosphere and it was easy to chat with people- the outside sitting area is good for warm evenings. Rooms were comfortable, and the shared bathroom modern. Staff very friendly too. Would stay again on future trips.

We had a wonderful stay at Chinese Box! When we go back to Beijing, I hope we can book in there again. All the staff were friendly, very helpful, and considerate. Above and beyond our expectations.The room was lovely, large and clean. Our shower was the best we had on our trip around the world and we had been to USA, London, Paris & Rome. There were were plenty of power points to re-charge all our gear. It is quite close to the Xisi subway train stop which made getting around convenient too.

It was a great hostel experience.

Chinese Box Courtyard was a great experience, we enjoyed the atmosphere, I especially loved the tea time in the evening and the staff was fantastic. There was not a single aspect of our stay that we did not enjoy.

• 9th Sep 2015

Stayed there for 4 nights with a family of five. It was a good experience. The staff were friendly and helpful; place had a relaxed atmosphere.

Conclusion: perfect. Lee and his staff run the business with a very personal note and were always helpful and very kind. Well located, clean and with a welcoming atmosphere. Lee just organizes and joins trips to forbidden city and anywhere else. Don't miss the Friday night Dumplin Party - very tasty. And Jason's an incredible musician - just listen and relax. I loved and enjoyed it within this community and can fully recommend it. Beijing? That's the place to stay!

Wonderful staff who were cheerful and helpful with all my random requests. They're very relaxed and create a great atmosphere for guests with lots of activities. Convenient location near the Xisi metro station gets you pretty much everywhere within half an hour. Great stay and I'll definitely be back.