• NO.52 Xi Si Bei 2 Tiao Hutong, Xicheng District, Beijing, China

9.3
Superb 1,197 Total Reviews
9.3
Superb 1,197 Total Reviews
Chinese Box Courtyard Hostel Located at NO.52 Xi Si Bei 2 Tiao Hutong, Xicheng District, Beijing.
China
Beijing 100034 NO.52 Xi Si Bei 2 Tiao Hutong, Xicheng District
93% 1197
39.9262099 116.3684427
    Rooms available

• South Korea, Female, 25-30
20th Jul 2016

good! The staff is very friendly and very helpful. Highly recommend.

• USA, Male, 25-30
20th Jul 2016

The staff were quite helpful and friendly, and made many resources available to guests. They run a genuine business and will go out of their way to take care of their guests. I also enjoyed the traditional Chinese design with a house and a courtyard and the location inside the hutongs.

• Australia, Male, 18-24
14th Jul 2016

This is one of the loveliest hostels I've stayed in, ever. A very small, family vibe, it's got good facilities, clean and comfortable rooms. But it's the characters and the atmosphere that will make you love this place. The staff are so very nice and helpful, there's musical instruments that beckon, and everyone that stays there has a pleasant disposition as this place creates a sanctuary to retreat from the sometime chaotic streets of Beijing. I highly recommend the camping on the wall! Tomm x

• Malaysia, Female, 25-30
10th Jul 2016

A great location near to the metro station and major tourist spots. It's inside hutong, get to experience how is it like to stay with the hutong neighborhood The staffs are extremely friendly and help. I stayed in a mix-dorm, roommates are nice people, i feel safe even sharing a room with 6 strangers. Cozy and clean, it feels like home! I will surely recommend my friends and family to stay here.

• Italy, Couple, 25-30
7th Jul 2016

Great choice! Staff is very friendly and helpful. Facilities are clean. It feels safe. Only two suggestions: please add oil to the door handle and increase capacity of the A/C.

• England, Male, 25-30
24th Jun 2016

Great courtyard style hostel with a charasmatic owner and cool staff. Highly recommended.

• skipdancing
  • Singapore, Female, 18-24
2nd Jun 2016

What can I say?? You guys are unbeatable. A crazily central location with a quiet street. Simple and cozy rooms. A lovely Beijing courtyard. And the people: I can't forget us sitting in the common room just listening to Jason show off his vocal cords and having a great time chatting about everything. The staff were a big help in getting me to the different attractions too. Olive, Amy, Jason, Meng, the team, and of course, Lao Li! I love you guys. Please wait for me to come back.

• Italy, Male, 31-40
1st Jun 2016

I couldn't have chosen a better place for my stay in Beijing. From the very first moment I arrived, the amazing owners and staff made me feel so welcomed and at home. Superb location, so central (just a few mins away from Xisi metro station) and yet located in such a peaceful and quiet alley (hutong) which means I got to sleep very comfortably. They helped me with my tour to the Great Wall and were extremely kind to book my train tickets to Shanghai. The list goes on forever, Recommend 100%.

• Singapore, Female, 41+
30th May 2016
7.4

Staff are friendly.The hutong is safe and very original.

26th May 2016

I had an awesome stay at Chinese Box. The atmosphere was very nice and I loved my private room. The staff would be the reason I would come back. They helped me with everything I asked for, including getting me an Uber one night because I had trouble getting home with a taxi. The location is in a hutong, and can be a little hard finding at night so I tried to book tours that would pick me up and drop me back off. There are places to eat on both ends on the main road. Beijing is a lovely city!