• NO.52 Xi Si Bei 2 Tiao Hutong, Xicheng District, Beijing, China
Superb 1,190 Total Reviews
Superb 1,190 Total Reviews
Chinese Box Courtyard Hostel Located at NO.52 Xi Si Bei 2 Tiao Hutong, Xicheng District, Beijing.
China
Beijing 100034 NO.52 Xi Si Bei 2 Tiao Hutong, Xicheng District
91% 1190
39.9262099 116.3684427
    Rooms available

• skipdancing
  • Singapore, Female, 18-24
2nd Jun 2016

What can I say?? You guys are unbeatable. A crazily central location with a quiet street. Simple and cozy rooms. A lovely Beijing courtyard. And the people: I can't forget us sitting in the common room just listening to Jason show off his vocal cords and having a great time chatting about everything. The staff were a big help in getting me to the different attractions too. Olive, Amy, Jason, Meng, the team, and of course, Lao Li! I love you guys. Please wait for me to come back.

• Italy, Male, 31-40
1st Jun 2016

I couldn't have chosen a better place for my stay in Beijing. From the very first moment I arrived, the amazing owners and staff made me feel so welcomed and at home. Superb location, so central (just a few mins away from Xisi metro station) and yet located in such a peaceful and quiet alley (hutong) which means I got to sleep very comfortably. They helped me with my tour to the Great Wall and were extremely kind to book my train tickets to Shanghai. The list goes on forever, Recommend 100%.

• Singapore, Female, 41+
30th May 2016
7.4

Staff are friendly.The hutong is safe and very original.

26th May 2016

I had an awesome stay at Chinese Box. The atmosphere was very nice and I loved my private room. The staff would be the reason I would come back. They helped me with everything I asked for, including getting me an Uber one night because I had trouble getting home with a taxi. The location is in a hutong, and can be a little hard finding at night so I tried to book tours that would pick me up and drop me back off. There are places to eat on both ends on the main road. Beijing is a lovely city!

22nd May 2016
7.4

It was a nice hostel but it could be cleaner.

• Spain, Male, 41+
17th Apr 2016

I spent a couple days in this lovely small hotel into a traditional hutong near forbidden city. The place is so cozy and warm I felt like at home. We had to do an early wake up to visit Mutianyu, and they arranged an early breakfast at 6:30 for us. This is as good as a service can be. I felt like at home. Thank you! I love you guys

• Germany, Male, 31-40
11th Apr 2016

Nothing really to complain about, great location close to the forbidden city very clean and very nicely kept facilities the building has a lot of character and incredibly friendly staff they also send you super helpful instructions on tours and how to get there upon booking only room for improvement is the fairly boring breakfast I'd always come back

• mathiasmavraganis8300
  • Denmark, Male, 18-24
10th Apr 2016

Great place! The staff is real cool and helpful and although I tough it was a bit expensive in the beginning, it was worth every penny!

• England, Female, 41+
29th Mar 2016

We had a double room with en suite. It was small but fine with a good, hot shower. Generally clean (just a few cobwebs). Lee is extremely helpful, relaxed and friendly and was great with my 10yr old son. Dumpling night was fun!

26th Mar 2016

Enjoyed my stay at this beautifully located lakeside hostel. Helpful staff, convenient to public transport. laundry and microwave available. Nice restaurant and roof top bar.