Chinese Box Courtyard Hostel Reviews

NO.52 Xi Si Bei 2 Tiao Hutong, Xicheng District, Beijing, China

Great staff, had a fun experience, will definitely recommend! My only issue is that the hot water would not work for me for some reason... Thanks for letting me take the bike out, btw!

• 17th Jul 2014

Had a great time, wish we could have stayed in the communal area longer, but things close down at 11pm! But great hostel

• 11th Jul 2014

It's a simple but very nice hostel! I enjoyed my stay very much. The Staff is super nice, helped us to book tours and find bars to watch a world cup match in the middle of the night. The air conditioning in the room was excellent. It was very clean for chinese pattern.

Chines box is a great hostel. The beds are very comfortable, the free breakfast is great. Lou is always willing to help with anything and the social nights are a great way to meet people. Good location too, Beijing subway system is easy to use.

The hostel has a friendly staff and organises free dumpling or noodle parties. A great way to get to know the local food and meet other travellers to exchange stories. The helpful staff will also point out to you that de local beer they are selling is 3 times the size of the other beer they are selling and only costs one third of the price. If you book a double ensuite you get a huge (Kang) bed that can easily sleep 3 persons and is thus a great luxury for a couple.

The staff is outstanding, very helpful and friendly. Our double room was quite basic, a big plus was the huge and SOFT mattress, which seems to be rare in China. Breakfast is simple, you can choose between toast, yoghurt muesli and noodle soop. The surrounding area is Beijing street life.

• 24th May 2014

It was a great stay at the Chinese Box hostel and a wonderful experience. They organized gatherings at night were great to meet new people. The Staff was very kind and took great care on all guests.

• 22nd May 2014

Great traditional hostel, so lovely!Atmosphere is simply great, I met so many nice people from all over the world.Stuff offer a dinner for a small price and it was delicious!We had dinner all together in the court.Stuff speak perfect English and they're always ready to help you with everything!One thing: if you are vegetarian the nearest place where you can eat is about 30min walk, tho the hostel can cook for you or there's a fruit shop 5min.To the most lively area:30min walk or subway 2 stops.

Best Hostel we have ever done in China ! Thank You for everything :)

Chinese Box is just fantastic. Although I just stayed a short while I thoroughly enjoyed it - staff are very nice, speaks good English and really go out of their way to make your stay as comfortable as possible. I'll definitely be back again!

• 27th Apr 2014
  • Sweden

This was a solid little hostel located right off line 4 in Beijing. It was easy to find and the staff was wonderful. I left my cell phone charger at home and they loaned me one, and also helped me get tickets (and transportation) to an acrobat show. The room about.s all face an outside corridor, which was fine for the time of year I was there, but could be an issue in the winter. You also have to go outside to go to the facilities or common room, so that's something to think

What makes this place is the reception staff, so helpful, nothing is too much trouble. Hostel is a fair walk from subway and bathroom is in the courtyard which is a bit cold in the middle of the night in your pjs. Will stay here again for sure.

Great place, great staff great guests and conveniently located by Xisi subway station at line 4.

Beautiful courtyard (hutong) hostel with a peaceful atmosphere. Staff was very helpfull and friendly. It was a pitty I had so little time to spend here, but I'm qiet sure I'll come back in this hostel when I fly from Beijing back home in December.

• 1st Apr 2014
  • oevertje

I really enjoyed my stay in Chinese box. The hostel is really near from the subway. The staff is very friendly and they try to help you as much as they can. The breakfast was free and they also have a free dumpling night. I will recomend this hostel to everyone

• 31st Mar 2014
  • Spain

A very good hostel. The common area is huge and comfortable, but unfortunately there was nobody there during my stay. They offer a good breakfast and have arranged activities for people who stay. Comfortable dorm rooms and the location is ok, about a 10min walk from Line 4.

Fairly central hostel close to public transit, so it was easy to go just about anywhere. Liked that it was in a traditional building, but it's a bit cold in the winter. The fact that it's a vegetarian hostel rocks!

The location was excellent. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Nevertheless, the lighting in the room was too dim. Also, the bed was too high which made it a bit dangerous when we woke up in the middle of the night going to toilet. The wash basin in the bathroom was leaking.

• 21st Feb 2014
  • Hong Kong
  • Couple, 41+

They have their own special breakfast for free there!. An aunt cooks nice noodle for you~ And, just somewhat pity, they stopped their work at 11PM, so we can't get hot water for drink after that time then. Anyway, it is a good place, like home, and especially, if you like quiet, be better then.