Chinese Box Courtyard Hostel Reviews

NO.52 Xi Si Bei 2 Tiao Hutong, Xicheng District, Beijing, China

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay and time in Beijing. I would recommend it to anyone. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Thanks for a great weekend.

• 22nd Jan 2015

The staff is very nice and helpful, walking from subway station 10 min, the bedrooms look new and very clean, the only thing I didn't like is that wifi was not working inside our bedroom, maybe because it was more far than others, the room was a little cold because of the big window-door, hot water in shower should be hotter, besides that, nice place to stay

Thanks for your comments. We are really sorry about the wifi. It has been fixing during your stay.It is working fine now.We value your suggestions very much and will do a good job. Hope to see you in Beijing .Thank you again.

Top hostel , excellent staff . Authentic.

Nice hostel! I stayed in the dorm for 6 nights. It was clean and there were lockers in the room. There were only 2 shared toilets and showers, but I never had to wait.

Nice hostel but make sure you print or now the directions very clearly as it is down a long alley and very few people speak english. Probably 10 min walk from tube station. Near centre of Beijing and Tianamen square etc.

Lovely helpful staff, immaculately clean room, good wifi and good value for money. The location is fine, but a bit out of the way on a very quiet hutong. It is certainly peaceful, but you could say that it lacks a bit of atmosphere. Although my room had an oil radiator, the absence of central heating was not ideal- especially given how standard that is in Beijing and indeed the depths the temperature can plummet to!

I really like staying here. The staff were really helpful and booked our return tickets to Shanghai. We booked a tour to go to the Great Wall and it was very good.

I very much liked my stay that Chinese Box Courtyard hostel. The staff is exteremely helpful and friendly. The rooms, bathroom and everything is very clean, cleaned daily. The hostel is located in an alley, which seems unsafe at first, but turns out to be not unsafe at all (even for a female traveller alone). It's close to the Xisi metro station which has a good connection to most parts of the city.

• 24th Dec 2014

Very nice place and very friendly And helpful staff. Unfortunately it was a little cold in the room, because the small electric heater is not sufficcient for the room.

• 12th Dec 2014

The location was a little out of the way (10 minutes walk), but you can certainly experience local culture in the friendly neighbourhood. Thumbs up to the clean toilets and internet access.

My private room was quite clean and the shower area was roomy and extremely clean. Nice bed as well. Perhaps the only thing that might be considerate negative is the lack of a closet, yet this is not a real problem. I always carry extra clothes when traveling. The staff were very nice and polite, always a big smile on their faces. Love this place, the location isn't that far from the Tianmen Square And Forbidden City. The subway is convenient enough and not far away from the Hutong.

One of the best hostels I've been too.

I had a lovely stay at the Chinese Box. The people there (employees and guests) were really nice and the hostal is very pretty and close to the main "attractions" of the city. The only bad point I found (if I must give one) is that I had either very cold or very hot water. The rest was perfect, including my individual room.

• 18th Nov 2014

As my room-mate and I discussed, this is a "boutique" hostel. You really do get what you pay for! So I was happy to treat myself after my China Trip was concluding! The whole place is under key card access and is tucked safely away in a hutong. Though at first when I arrived after dark I was scared of the lonely alleyway and how far I was from the road, but in the day I realised that the hutong alley is literally a family area and it's totally safe!

1 2 Next » last »