Chiostro delle Monache Reviews

Via del Teatro, Borgo San Lazzero - Loc San Girolamo, Volterra, Tuscany, Italy

The breakfast is not included

Super friendly staff and decent environment. Clean rooms and bathrooms. Have a cute commons area which is the only place you can pickup their wifi. However location was a good 20-30 min walk out of the downtown area depending on how ambitious you are to walk steep climb. Not much in the general vicinity of the hostel either. None the less, I wouldn't say it wasn't worth the money, but next time I might pick something closer to town when I visit next. :) thank you for being great people tho!!

Our whole group of 12 thought this was an excellent place to stay. The staff were friendly and helpful, the location was great for access to town and the building and rooms themselves were splendid. We would have no problems in recommending the Chiostro delle Monache to anyone.

• 13th Sep 2013
  • All Male Group, 41+

Simple, clean, friendly. Good breakfast.

A great place to rest and know Volterra. Very clean and safe!

My second stay there - guess why I went back there in spite of the 10-15min walk to get to the city centre! The stay this time was just as perfect as the first one - everything squeaky clean, big, airy rooms (6-bed dorm), friendly staff, good food (ok, breakfast's not included for dorm rooms and lunch and/or dinner is extra, too - but it's worth the price!!). And an incredible atmosphere - there are old frescoes in the breakfast room! Go there!

The monastery was gorgeous, old fresco in the breakfast room. 15 min walk into town, But not to troubling. Breakfast ISNT included, I swear I says it is on the website but i got charged for breaky on my first morning. Staff are very accommodating and happy to lend out glasses, etc. Older clientele than a standard youth hostel.

Really nice Hostel. A little bit of a walk outside the city walls but not to far. Rooms are very clean with nice bathrooms, and the interior courtyard is very nice.

Nice, clean, calm, good food if you book it, friendly staff, airy rooms - perfect! Only "problem": it's a 15min walk to the actual town of Volterra (e.g. all the stuff you want to see). It's also a 5min walk to the nearest bus station and there are not too many city buses anyway. Apart from that (and that's hardly the hostel's fault), it was a fabulous stay and I'm sure to come back! Grazie per tutto!