Chit Chat Restaurant and Guesthouse Reviews

D-160 Kabir Marg, Bani Park, Jaipur, India

Great location, nice rooms with large LCD screens with USB port to play your movies. Staff all friendly and helpfull, recommended to anyone visiting the city Wine shop and great street food just across the road.

This is not a hostel, it's a hotel. Room was clean, except for the dusty flat surfaces (room desk). No hot water, no trash bin in the room. Location far from main sights (take a bus or tuc tuc). Wifi needs improvement and no outlets close to the bed. Not a place to meet other travellers. Food is good and ok price. Travel agency couldn't sell me a bus ticket (??) and at the end the owner asked me for tips!!! No sense! It's a new hotel run by unexperienced people. I would not recommend.

Great hotel to stay in Jaipur. Mohan is the best! Wish we could have him backpack with us!! The other workers were great as well. The owner was great. Food was decent, strong wifi, everything was great at Chit Chat. We'd absolutely return to stay longer if we were ever in Jaipur again!

Very good value for money. It's more a hotel than a hostel with clean floors and spacious rooms with hot showers (though you have to wait 2-5 minutes). The attached restaurant serves very delicious food (try the mixed veg curry) and is a big relief after Agra's culinary disaster. Owner and staff are very honest and helpful. Wifi is free and only available in the public areas. Location is between train station (10 minutes walking) and pink city (20 minutes walking). Recommendation!

The service at this hostel was outstanding. Traveling alone in India for the first time, I got a bad case of food poisoning from a day trip to Pushkar and nearly missed my flight out of India. The owners took me to the doctor and pharmacist, helped me reorganize my travel schedule, and advised me about all health and travel related issues. They were so sweet and caring, it was really comforting when I was so sick. I highly recommend this hostel.

Positive: The owner Shushilji is an excellent man! The facility is run by his family and everybody pours in to help. They have excellent knowledge of the place. Very cooperative and helpful on all fronts. Would definitely go there again. Negative: Rooms can be a bit more cleaner and they should supervise the workers on the job they are doing.

Friendly and helpfull. We were anoyd by a big groep of indian guests that made a lot of noise, but not the hotels fold..

• 16th Dec 2014